XBox One pulls a 180 on daily check-ins and used game policy

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sean

lost somewhere
Also loses family sharing and the ability to install a disc and then not need it.

Maybe they could release a different version of the console with those features though.

Never bothered me too much, as I have good internet (and if I don't, then I could've just used my phone), and was looking forward to the features it would bring, and the last time I sold a game was back in the original Xbox days.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Well, it seems Microsoft has noticed their failure after all.

Personally, I have a good internet, so that portion never mattered to me. However, I'm happy that I can continue to use used games again.

Now the only thing they need to fix is incorporate backwards compatibility for 360 games and lower the price a hundred dollars and I would buy it.

Delusional

Still not happy with the entire entertainment thing, I'd rather it be a gaming only console (hey, maybe like the 360!), but whatever Microsoft.

Sean

lost somewhere
Well, it seems Microsoft has noticed their failure after all.

Personally, I have a good internet, so that portion never mattered to me. However, I'm happy that I can continue to use used games again.

Now the only thing they need to fix is incorporate backwards compatibility for 360 games and lower the price a hundred dollars and I would buy it.

Backwards compatibility can't happen unless they add more power to the console (drive the price up) in order to emulate the Xbox 360.

It has unfortunately now been confirmed that the Xbox One will not be backwards compatible, either with the Xbox 360 or the original Xbox.
Xbox Live Vice President Marc Whitten elaborated on the situation, saying, "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective." This is a similar situation to what the PS4 is running into, where it is unable to play PS3 games due to the switch to an x86 CPU rather than relying on the last generation's PowerPC architecture.

If they removed the Kinect, the price would probably be about $350 though.

Delusional

fl*ff the Kinect.

mamali

well , this is good news ... makes xbox one position a bit better , but still ps4 is a better console . we have to wait and see

Sean

lost somewhere
well , this is good news ... makes xbox one position a bit better , but still ps4 is a better console . we have to wait and see

The small spec differences don't matter, and it all really comes down to how it is utilized.
Remember the debate between 360 and PS3? People were saying how the "better specs" of the PS3 was going to make it "win" (both companies are still making a ton of money, so both actually are winning) the 7th generation.

But, when looking at games that were multiplatform, most games actually looked BETTER on the Xbox 360.

The Xbox One also is using the cloud to better optimize games (and with 300k servers), which is something that the PS4 doesn't have and can't do.
This can allow a game be far more detailed than what the console alone can do, and seems to be a step in the right direction.

Also, this article is a good one to read.

mamali

The small spec differences don't matter, and it all really comes down to how it is utilized.
Remember the debate between 360 and PS3? People were saying how the "better specs" of the PS3 was going to make it "win" (both companies are still making a ton of money, so both actually are winning) the 7th generation.

But, when looking at games that were multiplatform, most games actually looked BETTER on the Xbox 360.

The Xbox One also is using the cloud to better optimize games (and with 300k servers), which is something that the PS4 doesn't have and can't do.
This can allow a game be far more detailed than what the console alone can do, and seems to be a step in the right direction.

Also, this article is a good one to read.

well , like i said , we will wait and see . i'm not buying any of next gen consoles in their first year anyway

and about cloud , how much internet speed does it need ? internet in my country isn't so good thought :sadface:

Sean

lost somewhere
well , like i said , we will wait and see . i'm not buying any of next gen consoles in their first year anyway

and about cloud , how much internet speed does it need ? internet in my country isn't so good thought :sadface:

It would just run off of Xbox Live, so if you can run that, then you should be fine.

It will be nice if Google's Loon idea works, as it would be internet across the whole world, but that is still if it actually works, and then everyone would have good internet.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
It's too late, they've offended their fanbase. And gamers are difficult to reconcile once offended.

Sean

lost somewhere
It's too late, they've offended their fanbase. And gamers are difficult to reconcile once offended.

To be honest, their DRM never affected me, so I just never cared.
I always have a good, reliable, and steady internet connection, and I am never on my Xbox without being on XBL, and I haven't bought a used game since the original Xbox days, so also not a problem.

That isn't to say that I didn't see why others didn't have problems, like the people in areas with no internet or cellular signals (you could've tethered your phone to the Xbox for 30 seconds and that would work for the once every 24 hours), and for the people who consistently bought games from local only shops or friends, but those are the only real things that people had problems with.

A lot of the people who complained didn't have anything real to complain about, but did it for the sake of complaining, and only talked about rumors, without checking on facts.
The only thing that I really saw as a problem was region locking, so am glad they decided on reversing that.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

Lmao, you're kidding right? Same thing was said about EA, yet they don't find any trouble making money.

Gamers will buy anything they like, the Xbox One woulda made money regardless of DRM, even probably from that "offended fanbase" because gamers wanna try everything, especially if someone else has it. This turn around will work, and it will sell more because of it. Lol @ you thinking the general, serious, gaming population has backbone

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Lmao, you're kidding right? Same thing was said about EA, yet they don't find any trouble making money.

Gamers will buy anything they like, the Xbox One woulda made money regardless of DRM, even probably from that "offended fanbase" because gamers wanna try everything, especially if someone else has it. This turn around will work, and it will sell more because of it. Lol @ you thinking the general, serious, gaming population has backbone

As I've said before, I don't care if Microsoft offers free blow jobs with the Xbone. I'm still not purchasing it. I don't care what they say. And I've spoken with numerous people who state the same thing.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
As I've said before, I don't care if Microsoft offers free blow jobs with the Xbone. I'm still not purchasing it. I don't care what they say. And I've spoken with numerous people who state the same thing.

I'm sure Microsoft will truly feel bad when you and 7 other people don't buy it out of spite. You show em!

Sean

lost somewhere
I'm sure Microsoft will truly feel bad when you and 7 other people don't buy it out of spite. You show em!

Yup, and PS4 isn't even in the top 10 purchases on Amazon, and the X1 is at number 7, and has been in the top 100 for 25 days (PS3 at number 16, and has been in the top 100 for 24 days).

mamali

It would just run off of Xbox Live, so if you can run that, then you should be fine.

It will be nice if Google's Loon idea works, as it would be internet across the whole world, but that is still if it actually works, and then everyone would have good internet.

well , Microsoft said recommended internet speed for using all cloud stuff is 1.5 mbs . which made me very worried . iran has one of the worst internets in the whole world , mine is only 0.5 mbs .
but i can use xbox live and i play halo 4 online and usually i don't have lag .
but when it comes to online streaming or watching a HD video or uploading into cloud , my internet is not nearly good enough for that .
so , i think Microsoft is paying too much attention to internet , and looks like microsoft only cares about USA and europe market ( the places with fast internet ) .
so i think for me , someone who lives in the country with the worst internet , PS4 would be better choice :/

Sean

lost somewhere
well , Microsoft said recommended internet speed for using all cloud stuff is 1.5 mbs . which made me very worried . iran has one of the worst internets in the whole world , mine is only 0.5 mbs .
but i can use xbox live and i play halo 4 online and usually i don't have lag .
but when it comes to online streaming or watching a HD video or uploading into cloud , my internet is not nearly good enough for that .
so , i think Microsoft is paying too much attention to internet , and looks like microsoft only cares about USA and europe market ( the places with fast internet ) .
so i think for me , someone who lives in the country with the worst internet , PS4 would be better choice :/

I guess it really comes down to what exclusives you want.

Here's a list of exclusives for both the PS3 and 360, so your best bet would to choose based on what each console will most likely have.
Bethesda does seem to have more of a thing with Microsoft than Sony (just mostly thinking of the whole Skyrim PS3 problems that came up, and even the "timed exclusive" BS that always happens because Microsoft pays more money).

Also, this is a list of EVERY confirmed game for PS4, and this is one for the X1.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts