What Was Your Most Interesting Personal Storyline?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OvoidAxhead

When a regular axe just won't cut it.
Whenever I play a game such as Skyrim, my pseudo-OCD drives me to think up a grand storyline for my character (and occasionally, multiple characters.)

For example, my first character was a sort of mildly-good Imperial paladin who used an overpowered shield; He evolved into a champion of intervention when necessary, but he would not travel across all of Skyrim to hunt down one murderer. Eventually, through gratuitous console use, I had him literally flood Markarth with diamonds: I never did anything with them and they ended up clogging the river, presumably causing the most baffling case of environmental damage in Skyrim history. He was an average Dragonborn.

My second character started out as a summoning battlemage Breton, but through the power of many, many mods turned into a demigod who could control time, launch a stream of blinding meteors from his hands in slow motion, and actually use the Staff of Magnus in battle with good effect. That storyline ended with a vendetta against Akatosh himself, smoking craters where his shrines and the Temple of the Divines used to be, and a time rift engulfing all of Skyrim itself (thus explaining the simultaneously existing characters.)

My third and current character is a Snow Elven two-handed warrior/archer, and currently doing the Vampire questline of Dawnguard. I've explained his current existence in Skyrim by the virtue that he managed to evade the Dwemer until they disappeared, then hid in Blackreach until the current age. He uses Ancient Falmer equipment, as one might guess, and his storyline is panned to play out as that of an antihero.

Future plans include a Dwemer holy warrior (who uses lightsabers, no less) and a tie-in to Mount&Blade through the Nord nation of that game. I haven't rationalized those yet.

I'd like to hear about any similar so-called personal storylines out there. Yes, I know I'm overthinking this, but it increases my enjoyment of the game, so sue me.

Torok

I just made a new character. He's The Mane (The unique high priest of the Khajiit.) He came to Skyrim by boat. He's a rather powerful Mage.

Looking to see how this goes. I'm gonna make him as peaceful as I can. Which will be hard, because there are some horrible people that I just want to stab in the face as soon as I see then!

OvoidAxhead

Sounds like an interesting idea. If you play on PC, I recommend the alternate start mod, where you can have a shipwreck beginning. That would fit in with your backstory quite nicely (I know it did with mine).

I'm currently playing a Nord Axe-Warrior.

According to his backstory, he was a legionairre and as captured by the AD during the Great War in Cyrodiil. As the Thalmor Justicar began the torture, cutting him below the eye with a rusty iron dagger, Ulfric himself kicked down the door and saved him. Aenar later returned home to Skyrim, and hearing about Ulfric's uprising and how the Empire would have let him die if Ulfric had not intervened, he painted his scar stormcloak blue, in honor of Ulfric.

iqy59t.jpg

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Well, I have Kalin Maltiar, "Kalin of High Rock" as she is known to many Nords, to her chagrin. She has grown weary of explaining that she's never even been to the province High Rock, and so the name has stuck.

A half-breton student of the arts born in the sea side city of Anvil in the Imperial Province of Cyrodiil. Her father, a mason and master craftsmen was brought to the Imperial Province after the war to practice his trade in restoring the roads and ravage infrastructure left in the wake of the Aldmeri Dominion's conquest. Her mother, an Imperial, was trader and ship-bonds and procurement officer.

Her childhood was a privileged one. With loving parents, the wealth of the upper merchant-class, and the warm sea air of Anvil, Kalin. And so did her for poetry, art and music but most especially for magic. Her breton blood gave her a natural talent towards the arcane, a trait her father eagerly encouraged. She was enrolled in the finest schools and offered all the liberties and cultured learning available in the years following the great war.

In her twentieth year, she left her home in Anvil to pursue her education in the arcane arts. She entreated with, and was accepted to The Synod as an apprentice, only after her father offered triple the enrollment fee. She spent a heartsick year within the drab confines of the Imperial City, still scarred from the fires of war. With each passing month she found herself increasingly disillusioned with The Synod. With their toadying. Their corruption. Their greed. It was something base, something impure. She learned to despise it.

Young, petulant, idealistic. Kalin had no wish to become a groveling sycophant, more interested in wealth and political power than study of the great mysteries. She with wide-eyed naivety, she looked to the north. To Skyrim. There, in Winterhold Keep stood the ancient College of Winterhold. Perhapse the last great seat of true learning left within The Empire.

One night Kalin gathered her belongings. Her fine clothing, her apprentice robes, her childhood treasures. She sold what she could at the market. With the coin she purchased a parchment map, a sturdy old mare and a thick fur cloak. And so she set off for Skyrim. For enlightenment and adventure.

What a fool she was.

Urzek

Im currently playing an imperial paladin.

I downloaded this paladin armor mod and he will be using as his permanent armor. Shield of ysgramor and dawnbreaker as his permanent shield and weapon. I don't want to enchant my armors so there will be a challenge in the game.

My paladin came from another country. He was once a great paladin in his country which suffered from a complete defeat from a Devil Lord who tried to invade his country. He tried to fight back with the few kingdom's army that was left but the king and the people of the country decided to submit and obey the Devil Lord to prolong their lives.

A stubborn paladin he is, he decided to fight back even he is all alone. Since he's a great paladin the DL saw him as a great threat. So the DL gave orders to his personal army to hunt and kill this man, even this paladin's friends was ordered to kill him.

Months have passed and sorrow ate him up. He killed numerous of necromancers, undeads, vampires, werewolves and even his friends but he isn't progressing. And he became weaker each day because of the scarcity of resources he can take. So he just cried and gave up. He threw his armor and weapon and wandered around the country waiting to be killed.

But through his wandering he came across the stormcloaks and imperials. He didn't know that he was crossing the border for skyrim and alas! he was caught in the chaos.

Now, seeing the state of skyrim similar to his own country he decided to return to his path. He also saw people that want change, people that was ready to give their lives to fight evil and live peacefully. This gave inspiration and motivation to be more powerful. So when he was able to escape from Helgen he decided to fight for this country.

Though, he avoided bonds/friendship from other people since he is traumatized from what happened to his country.

He is saving skyrim not because to save its people, but to drown his own emotions.

OvoidAxhead

Thanks for the feedback! It's really interesting to read about how other people play their characters.
For those who are interested, I wrote a more detailed version of my current character's backstory here: Tears of the Falmer | Skyrim Forums

Torok

Sounds like an interesting idea. If you play on PC, I recommend the alternate start mod, where you can have a shipwreck beginning. That would fit in with your backstory quite nicely (I know it did with mine).

This is the second time I used that mod. The first character I used it with was a caravan guard. The second one, The Mane, came to Skyrim by ship.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
My first character was more of a Hunter/Warrior just for the first play though, because at the time I had not really thought of creating a back story for him. I have been alternating between either him hailing from an obscure tribe from the Jerrall mountains in northern cyrodiil, or being the last of his village that were wiped out by bandits in the Colovian Highlands.

My second character was a Redguard nomad that had escaped the conquest of Hammerfell leaving many of his family and friends to die at the hands of the Thalmor, While they went down fighting he had taken the cowards way out and left them to die. Never truly forgiving himself for what had happened that day his life was spent mostly on the run, never staying in one place for too long. While en route to his next destination he would get caught by the Imperial ambush set up just outside of Helgen.

I have a been using a third character but I have yet to write the backstory to him aswell.

Stentus is an Imperial born and raised on the high seas. He and his family lived on the Witchblight, a massive ship where his father captained a large crew. They pillaged and plundered, harassing coastlines for years.

However, Stentus was sent on a mission to rescue his brother, who had went ashore to gather supplies but had been captured by Stormcloaks. He was caught a ways onto the shore, however.

Stentus found his brothers carcass in a torture cell, and ever since then has decided to wage war against the people of Skyrim. He has a strong dislike for most Nords because of this. He confides most in Argonians and Khajiit, and lives as an outcast, working with the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. He dreams that one day he will once again reunite with his family and friends on the Witchblight.

J

Jeremius

Jeremir was a Nord warrior. He met a young Nord lady in the market of Skingrad and they got married. they had a daughter and spent a good few years in the city raising her. He came home from a job one day to find that his wife and daughter were killed by a vampire. He found the lair of the vampire that killed his family to find that he was the leader of a cult that worshiped Molag Bal. He then slaughtered them all.

He met a man named Gallus Arcturus in the dungeon. The Imperial was badly injured and Jeremir helped him recover. Gallus told him of a group of "Heroes" called the knights of the dragon, an order dedicated to protecting Tamriel. He joined up immediately

Gallus was killed in action, and Jeremir received a note. The letter said that he had a sister in Skyrim, but did not say where. He decided to head there to find her. He joined the companions only to find that His sister was the Cold-hearted Njada Stonearm.

FusRoDovah

My warrior,Arthas,dedicated his life to get rid of Daedra and their influence so by any means he got the daedric artifacts scattered around the world and kept them locked up so nobody can use them or get influenced by them,his sanity being at an edge because of this,yet he manages to stay on the good side.

HEFFAY

My xbox recently died, and I got a cheap replacement from a local pawnshop, so I only have 1 character now.

The Epic of Tape:

His name is Tape. He was an assassin back in Ellswyer. When he refused to kill his lover as ordered by a high priest, she was executed and he was sold into slavery.He ended up a Khajit slave on the island of Morrowind, working for a blacksmith. He became an ever better blacksmith than is Dark elf master. Driven by jealousy Master sold him to an abusive Telvanni Wizard. Tape would fill soul gems for the Wizard to enchant. Tape fell in love with an argonian slave. When the Telvanni master caught them together he had Tape's new lover brutally punished, she was repeatedly ravaged and thrown in prison for the rest of her days. Tape stole some ebony ingots and a daedric heart along with a few filled grand soul gems. He crafted a legendary Daedric dagger, enchanted it with paralysis and absorb health. He snuck back into the Telvanni tower, and made it to his lover, he was gonna break her out. He was too late she had died, taken her own life.

Tape, filled with rage declared war on the Dark Elves. He slaughtered many elves in the dead of night. He freed many slaves and raised an army. Many of the Dark Elves believed he was an Imperial spy, sparking a Dumner uprising. The Imperials thought Tape was the leader of the uprising and made him Public Enemy number one. Morrowind was getting dangerous for him. The native Dumner wanted him dead, the Occupying Legion wanted him dead. The only people who didn't, was his loyal army of freed slaves. They found an abandoned dwarven city and made that their stronghold. Some Dumner Ashlanders found them and a skirmish broke out. Tape and his army won the day, then tracked the Ashlander village, they slaughtered everyone. When news of this reached the cities, it was chaos. There were slave uprisings in every town and city, at every farm and plantation. Slaves were revolting and escaping to Tape's Stronghold. The Dumner were out for blood. Militia's were mobilized and a massive battle was fought. Tape led his slave army to victory yet again. When news of Tape's second victory reached Imperial ears the Legion was sent to quell the rebellion.

Tape's army was slaughtered, a small group lead by tape survived and waged a guerrilla style hit and run war against the legion, but the legion's training and supply line were too strong and eventually Tape's small group was worn down. They decided to leave Morrowind. They heard about Ulfric's uprising in Skyrim and decided to enlist. They got the aide from some Orcish pirates, in exchange, Tape crafted many great weapons and armor, and heavily enchanted the pirate's arsenal. However, the pirates turned on Tape after he had made them powerful. A battle was waged all of the pirates were killed and all of Tape's remaining followers were dead. Tape was the sole survivor. He stuck with his plan and made it to Skyrim. He was recognized at the border and ambushed by the Legion. Taken prisoner and brought to Helgen to meet his fate. Due to a very fortuitous series of events Tape is now free in Skyrim, and being hailed not only as a hero, but as a prophesized demigod.

Sky High

Resident of Earth and Wonderland
Name: Engar Heart-Song

Race: Nord

Back Story: Engar Heart-Song was born in Riften to two wandering bards, Lorenz and Eiruki. Though they lived humbly, it wasn't long before Lorenz and Eiruki realized that the money earned by two minstrels was not enough to support a family. Though the two parents hated to do it, they began to steal just to meet ends meet, and Engar helped them. While at the Jarl's palace, for example, Lorenz and Eiruki would attract attention by singing, and young Engar would steal trinkets lying around. A gold necklace here, an amethyst ring there, a jeweled goblet here.

When Engar was six years old, Lorenz took up a job offer from an old friend. In exchange for shelter, food, and pay, the Heart-Songs, including Engar, became servants for the wealthy Liore family in Imperial City.

Lorenz and Eiruki became the family bards, naturally, but Engar, though musically talented, was too young and inexperienced. Instead, he became the personal servant of the Liore family's only child, Sorex, who was seven years old. Sorex and Engar hit it off right away, becoming the best of friends.

Engar was always Sorex's servant, though any outsider would think the two to be brothers. They were home-schooled by private tutors together, as Sorex would refuse to learn without Engar. They explored the Imperial City's labyrinth of a sewer system together, fostering a love for adventure in both of them. They even slept in the same room as each other.

As the years passed, conditions deteriorated around Imperial City. It seemed that everyone was falling on hard times, even the Liore family. Poverty was the highest it had been for 20 years. One day, when the eleven-year-old Engar saw a pair of starving children moaning in an alley, he couldn't stand it anymore. He slipped into a nearby house and looted the larder. He gave the food the the grateful children and walked away, happy. He wasn't seen, either, or so he thought.

That night, Sorex asked a question while they were playing in their room.

"Engar, was it you this morning that broke into the Rienus house and stole the food?" Sorex asked suddenly. Engar was taken by surprise, and began stuttering a response.

"I, um, I-" Engar began nervously. Engar was scared. Sorex was his friend, but he was bound to be in trouble if anyone else saw him. Sorex put on a toothy grin.

"Relax! I thought that was really nice of you," Sorex ran his hand through Engar's chocolate brown hair in a ruffling, brotherly way and continued playing. This was the first of several times they would take from the rich, including themselves, and give to the poor, the sick, and the starving.

Once more, the years passed, and they went through their teenage years like any two wealthy children, other than the constant thievery. Their methods grew more advanced as the years passed. They became two of the youngest members of the Cyrodiil Thieves Guild. Sorex matured into handsome Imperial, tan and lean, with windswept jet black hair, as was the style. Engar, even though he had lived under the hot sun of Cyrodiil for ten years, still had relatively pale skin. At 18, when Sorex decided to join the Imperial Legion, Engar followed him without hesitation.

For a year or two, they garrisoned forts and patrolled roads, eliminating a group of bandits here and there along the way. Then, a job of a lifetime came. Urfing the Unending had been the scourge of southern Skyrim for the greater part of a decade. He regularly pillaged towns and was known to completely obliterate smaller settlements. At last, he and his bandit gang's base had been located in the mountains, near a wide plain. Riften, Whiterun, Windhelm, and Falkreath spared as many troops and guards as they could, and the battle began.

Sorex was part of the main fighting infantry. Engar was part of a light-armored troop meant to support as archers and healers. Blood was spilled and nearly a hundred bodies fell on the battlefield that day. In the end, three were left standing, Sorex, Engar, and Urfing himself. Arrows pointed out of Urfing's body at all angles and countless wounds painted his body red, but he still fought valiantly. At last, Sorex ended Urfing the Unending, and collapsed a second later.

"Sorex!" Engar shouted as he sprinted across the battlefield. Engar had his fair share of wounds from the battle as well, but none of it mattered to him then. He crouched down and turned Sorex onto his back.

"So many wounds. So much blood," Engar's hands were shaking as he examined the body, working quickly, pouring healing potion over as many injuries as he could, and sewing up others as he went. There were too many, and there wasn't enough time. He couldn't lose Sorex.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful Skyrim was? I wish we could’ve grown up here, rather than Imperial City,” Sorex smiled, taking in the sights around him. Then, a soft rain began, falling progressively faster and harder by the minute. Engar became even more worried, working more frantically than ever. Sorex ran his hand smoothly through Engar’s long hair, as he had hundreds of times before.

"Don’t worry, Engar. A little fall of rain can hardly hurt me now," Sorex gave a small laugh, wincing as he did so.

"Don't move or talk! You'll only accelerate the bleeding!" Engar said, as he focused on healing Sorex. As moments passed, Engar came to realize his efforts were in vain, but he kept trying to convince himself that it turn out all right.

"I hope I end up in Sovngarde or wherever you end up, Engar," Sorex whispered, at peace, with a feeling of satisfaction as his voice began to fade. Engar had run out of potions to use, and there was no more use in sewing up wounds. He held Sorex, trying his best to put on a comforting smile as tears streamed down his face.

"You would deserve it. You took down Urfing the Unending. You've saved countless lives, Sorex," Engar spoke softly to his lifetime friend. With the last of his strength, Sorex lifted himself and embraced Engar.

"You saved mine, Engar, and in more ways than one," Sorex let himself down, looking up at his companion, his partner.

"If we had a hundred years, I don't think I could show you the gratitude you deserve from me. I’ll wait for you on the other side, dear friend, but, please, take your time in going there. I’ll see you later, Engar." And, as his eyes closed, so went Sorex Liore.

Engar bent over his friend’s body, crying, for what might have been minutes, hours, or days. When he was done, Engar found a nearby patch of flowers, burying Sorex there. Sorex would have liked this spot, Engar thought. It was by the forest and the mountain, surrounded by flowers and the beauty of Skyrim. Engar found a large, smooth rock nearby, carving an equally smooth "Sorex Liore" into it, and placed it on the grave.

After Engar reported the battle to the Jarl of Whiterun, Balgruuf the Greater, he left the Imperial Legion. He traveled to the Bards College in Solitude and took up his parent’s trade, training the voice that Sorex loved hearing. After graduating, he traveled with his friend Talsgar the Wanderer around Skyrim, singing and making the roads merry. He adventured on the side, following up on possibilities of loot whenever he heard rumors about this or that cave or bandit den or Dwemer ruin. While stopping in cities, Engar fell in a routine, stealing from obviously wealthy houses, and anonymously giving at least half to those that needed it. Engar kept up his knowledge in those years, reading every book he could get.

After five years on the road, Engar settled in his hometown of Riften. It didn't take long for the Thieves Guild to notice his talents and put them to use for the Guild. While on his first job, Engar witnessed Alduin’s destruction of Helgen. He helped the Imperial soldiers evacuate the survivors before fleeing into the keep with Hadvar. After graciously accepting dinner and a night’s stay from Hadvar’s family, Engar felt obligated to report to Jarl Balgruuf and help in any way he could before he returned to Riften. This is where a new chapter in Engar’s life began…

Timeline: (Only read after the backstory)
-Born: Born in Riften to two bards, who love him dearly
-Age 3: Helps his parents steal to make ends meet
-Age 6: The Heart-Song family moves to Imperial City and become servants for the wealthy Liore family (Engar becomes the personal servant of Sorex, who is one year older than Engar)
-Age 11: Engar steals to help someone else for the first time. Sorex and Engar start stealing from the wealthy (including themselves) to help the poor. They become part of the Cyrodiil Thieves Guild.
-Age 18: Sorex and Engar enlist in the Imperial Legion
-Age 20: Sorex and Engar, with other guards, battle against the infamous bandit chief Urfing the Unending and his bandit gang. Sorex, Engar, and Urfing are the last three standing. Sorex defeats Urfing and collapses. Despite Engar’s attempts to heal him, Sorex dies in Engar’s arms. Engar reports the battle, quits the Imperial Legion, and goes to learn at the Bards College.
-Age 22: Engar graduates from the Bards College and travels around Skyrim with his friend, Talsgar the Wanderer. During this time, Engar begins adventuring into various caves and hideouts for loot and begins thieving again. He vows not to kill unless there is no other solution to a problem. As he travels around Skyrim, Engar starts to make different friends and build connections within cities.
-Age 27: Engar settles down in Riften, his hometown, and joins the Skyrim Thieves Guild. He sees Alduin’s attack on Helgen while on his first job for the Guild. He helps the survivors, escapes with Hadvar, and feels obligated to tell Jarl Balgruuf. (This is where he becomes Dragonborn and so forth)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts