Weaponsmaster, What should i do?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ben10

So i'm getting ready for a Dawnguard and i think i'm going to make a new character. I've played a archery/assassin with full points in archery and sneak, and now i want to try something different. Since i've played a sneaky archery i rarely get into any fights and thats why a want to roll a new character. I saw this thing called a "Weaponsmaster" wich focus on heavy armor, dual wield and archery. Is this combination any good? because i really really like archery, but i would also like to get into some melee fights, and besides... i really need a crossbow when Dawnguard is available for PC. So any tips on how to play this weaponsmaster? and if you tried one yourself, how was your experience?

TL;DR: Rolling a Weaponsmaster, Is it any good? and drop some advice if you got some.

Morgan

I have a Redguard dervish who's basically like that except with light armor. Full archery, one-handed, dual scimitars, all smithed to the nines but no enchants (at all, he eschews magic entirely). He's ridiculously powerful and owns both in melee and at range. He sneaks when shooting a bow, but really just because I prefer the targeting reticle from sneak over plain; he doesn't have any perks in sneak. He's level 46 or so, and that's about as high as he'll ever be because of not training an entire branch of skills (magic). This char took out Alduin at melee with two power attacks; very little else even stands up to one.

Star Gazer

Weapon masters are best as redguards. Shoot from afar with your crossbow, and when they come close, unleash your dual swords and hack away! It's a pretty fun class and it gets you through some hard times in the game. Totally recommended!

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I think Redguard is a bad race (sorry, no offense) because of Vegetable Soup simulates their daily power, except for 12 minutes. Or enchant one of your dual weapons with Absorb 1 stamina, because 1 is all you need to power attack. I would be more inclined to choose Breton for magic resistance since you aren't enchanting any gear to help you against mages, or Orc for their vastly superior racial, but it sounds like you won't need help doing more damage though.

I've made a Weaponmaster. I use one Orc with Bound Weapons, think about it, weaponmasters deserve to conjure your own weapons and need to know how to fight with all types of weapon as well. I put a build more specific on this topic, if want to see, with the perk tree:

Class Builds - Guide | Skyrim Forums

What you think?

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
I've made a Weaponmaster. I use one Orc with Bound Weapons, think about it, weaponmasters deserve to conjure your own weapons and need to know how to fight with all types of weapon as well. I put a build more specific on this topic, if want to see, with the perk tree:

Class Builds - Guide | Skyrim Forums

What you think?
does berserker rage work with bound weapons though?

Osiris

Child of the Sky

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim