Trying to join Dark Brotherhood but cant seem to start it

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xander

I am level 11 not sure if that matters. I went to Riften as read on google that someone called Maul would give you a tip on joining but he was not there. I am in Windhelm and in the tavern like people have suggested but no one is offering me any leads. I read that if i spoke to people in Tavern they would tell me gossip, but as yet nothing.
Just wondeiring if I am doing something wrong?

Doomy

No, Maul is for joining the Thieves Guild not DB. To join DB you have to find the boy who wants to contact the DB.

Xander

That seems to be the problem I can't find him. A lot of things I read said ask for gossip etc in Windhelm and it will point to him.

Drazker

Son of Sithis
Find Aventus Aretino in Windhelm. He is a young boy that lives in a manor. People should mention him in the tavern and near it. His house is located slightly south-east of the Hall of the Kings or what-ever.

He will present to you a quest.

Once you have finished the quest and all is wrapped up, you should receive a note some time after. Once the note is received, you are to go to an Inn or your House and sleep for any period of time. Then you should be set to join the Dark Brotherhood.

Good luck, new blood. Hail Sithis!

WerewolfofSkyrim

Night Mother's Beloved
Yes.I have done that many times,and it just lulls me to listen to the sweet,sweet chant...'Sweet mother,sweet mother,send your child unto me,for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear..' Just love it...

Moonwort

Ask some innkeeps if they've heard any rumors as well and they will tell you about the Aretino boy and give you a marker.

WerewolfofSkyrim

Night Mother's Beloved
Try The Bannered Mare in Whiterun.Just keep going from the main gate,past the market,and the inn is right there.

Long Taffy Treat

Dear Xander, There is no prerequisite skill level to reach before starting the Dark Brotherhood quests. You will have to do one of three things:
1. Ask about a boy named Aventus Aretino when ever you are at an inn or tavern in Skyrim. Keep asking about rumors until Aventus's name is mentioned.
2. Travel to Riften and visit the Honorhall Orphanage. Once the children are told to go to sleep you will have the chance to speak to someone there about Aventus's whereabouts.
3. If you are in Windhelm, the first city guard you speak to should mention a ritual taking place in the Aretino residence. Or closer to the outside of the Aretino residence you might meet and over hear townspeople discussing Aventus Aretino.

PS not a fan of the Night Mothers voice. -cut. take two-

Necromis

Riverwood I believe gives it, too

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts