• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    In a bid to gain yet more power, Ulfric Stormcloak has declared himself Talos re-born. Unbeknownst to the enthusiastic population, the High King has been possessed by a much darker force than a god. Daedra have begun spilling out of Oblivion Gates all over Tamriel, and many of the population, being men, mer, or beast races are hunted. The Altmer are confined to the somerset Isles, fighting a slowly losing battle against infernal legions. The marshes of Argonia have been turned into a desert wasteland, Lower Elsweyr has been flooded from the Quin'rawl Peninsula, all the way to Corinth. The trees' of Valenwood are now dry husks, High Rock is under siege by hordes of Daedra, Cyrodiil is a mass of chaos and riots, and Skyrim has become a hellish landscape of frozen blood and snow. It seems the source of the Daedra have come from there.

A group of survivors meet in a tavern in the Imperial city. They must put a stop to the hordes of Daedra before the whole of Tamriel is overrun with the creatures from Oblivion.

Rules:

1)No godmodding (Ridiculous magical powers, being good at everything, etc.)

2) No Dragonborn.

3) I'd very much appreciate it if you check your spelling before posting. It is very...irksome to have to read poorly written posts, more so if the poster was simply too lazy to spell check his/her writing.

4) Make your posts creative!!! I think everyone (myself included) enjoys reading a well thought out post and Character Card.

5) This WILL be an 18+ Role play, due to gore and possible sexual situations. Still, I'd appreciate it if you didn't go overboard.

6) you may have up to two (2) characters.

7) Please try to post actively (at least twice per week)

8) You may create NPC's to interact with.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Define "overboard". I'm not too keen on the 18+ RPs... I also think my character is OP... I can post his CC here and you can help me out? I created him on the spot one day. I'm new here. Also, would you consider a Character based antagonist?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Anything that you wouldn't normally post in a mature role play. As in, nothing so excessive that it would disgust people. Something that would go against the rules, as well.

Yes, I can help you with your character if you post it up here.

Staff member
    Very interesting. I must say on the creative note, I'm a bit lacking. I am new to any form of this written roleplaying. I'm good at coming up with concepts but terrible with details. None the less, I will try. I'd prefer to come into the story as more of an antagonist (that way I can have more freedom with my character's abilities). I would cringe and shirk away from a RP where my character had to reduce himself. None the less, with proper guidance and help, I'm sure I'll be quite good at this, as well as learn to comprise. I also foresee a bit of improvising and revising, I'm literally coming up with this on the spot.

Name: Gidian ;)

Age: VERY old. Predates most history, but he will not disclose it(to cover up my ignorance OOC).

His appearance and skills will vary depending on the time and the events that have taken place in the RP

He is a very tall man, appears as a modern Nord, black hair that is long, about shoulder length. He's got a black beard, look at my profile picture and that's the beard he's got. He has a scar on the right side of his face, runs from the chin, over his mouth, and close to his ear. It's a bit jagged, as if he was mauled by a beast. Steel grey eyes originally, but they have since become vampire orangish red. Very sad eyes, you might mistake him for crying sometimes, the way his eyebrows and face is composed. High, prominent cheekbones. To elaborate on his size, he's well over 6 ft and very muscular. He is no stranger to hardwork and his body shows it. If saw him w/o a shirt his body would be riddled with scars. He doesn't laugh much, his face shows that. Looks tired, very tired. His teeth are on the sharp side, originally much like a wolf's teeth, they have become a little vampiric.

His personality: Very somber. Usually doesn't speak. Deep voice, when people talk, he listens. Not reluctant to fight, though he would avoid one if he could. Becuase of his background, he contradicts that nature sometimes.

A bit of his story: As I said, he is very old. He was part of a group of people called the "Winglies"(credit for that name to LoTD). They were more of a small kingdom, but operated much like a guild. They had an extremely long lifespan, and were called Winglies because around their time, they were some of the few who could resist dragons. His upbringing was very harsh and unforgiving, but it was all he knew. He is an expert hunter, master of his senses. He is an excellent shot with a bow, even better in melee, with any weapon. In magic he is lacking.

He is far above average. His other skills and gear will depend on how much freedom you allow me, for example: he would know how to shout, and do it well. I would prefer he be in the light variant of stalhrim armour, heavily improved and enchanted. He would also be incredibley resistant to the elements other than lightening. Usually he dual wields two stalhrim swords, and he is incredibly fast.

To expand on his lure, his "clan" sent him on countless missions, slaying various beasts. They respected the dragons, and the dragons respected them. Doesn't mean they liked each other. The animals were much stronger in his time. The Winglies shared a biased view against vampires and werewolves of the time (they were also very powerful). They were less violent against werewoles who retained more self control. They despised each other over things like prowess. Winglies were particularly loathing of vampires, whom they thought of as little more than animals. My character was told of how low on the food chain they were. He was never sent on a mission to hunt one until he proved himself to be one of the most powerful Winglies. He was sent after one, a woman, who was particularly difficult to catch. He caught up to her in a blizzard, where he took pity on her. This triggered a chain of events that led to her death and his exile, so he is out for revenge. The Winglies are still out there, and he's followed them to skyrim.

If you have any tips or advice, I'd appreciate it, as well as help.

Edit: He hates Molag Bal (it is very rare, as in uber rare, for a Winglie to hate) and all of his followers. His motives are to reclaim his lost love's soul from Molag Bal (or anyone else who would claim it). Despite his power and determination, I highly doubt he is on the level of a daedric prince. He would be willing to trade souls.

To explain his vampiric features, he was unwittingly changed by his love around when they first met. His blood resisted the poison and it only had a partial effect. He has not cured it nor will he, he feels it is his last connection to his love. He is tempted to feed, but doesn't need to, nor has he ever. Winglies were never cannibals and they ate like normal humans.

I expect the need to edit him quite drastically, I just thought him up one day...

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Name: Shadari (The Shadow)

Sex: Female

Race: Khajiit

Class: Assassin

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Weapons: Six steel throwing knives, and a falchion, made of moonstone and steel,passed down through her family for several hundred years. An expert at unarmed combat.

Armour: Dark grey leather armour (think Nightingale main body armour, but less decorated) the armour is designed to deflect energy from blows, rather than absorb them, meaning Shadari has to almost always be moving during combat to escape direct attacks.

Appearance: Dark grey fur, with black stripes going down her sides and back, pale grey ears, and emerald green eyes. Thin, but very muscled from years of training since childhood. About five and a half feet tall.

Backstory: Born in the Khajiit homeland of Elsweyr, Shadari's mother trained all of her children in the art of assassination. Since killing for septims was considered dishonourable among the Khajiit people, the clan killed for honor, and pleasure. Unfortunately, on Shadari's eighteenth birthday, a Nord mage Jorn Blackstone, angered by the clan's refusal to kill for him, unleashed a horde of Daedra. The entire clan was brutally slaughtered, except for Shadari, who'd been out on a hunt at the time. Upon returning to find her family massacred, she swore vengeance, tracking the mage all the way back to the frozen tundra that was Skyrim.

Personality/traits: Because of her painful past, Shadari avoids emotional attachment of any kind, knowing that to gain friends or lovers, means that you must eventually lose them. She often comes off as cold and unfeeling, and is often outright rude to those she doesn't know. She often uses her rather attractive body to lure male targets to their doom, when stealth is called for. She has no problem with mages alone, but looks down on those that use magic to enhance their performance (of any kind).

Through years of discipline, Shadari has gained near complete control of her body during combat, and prides herself in being a lethal weapon on her own. However, the one thing she cannot control is her emotions, which she see's as her greatest failure. While she doesn't enjoy torture, if an enemy has information she needs, she has absolutely no qualms about beating it out of them word by word. She's given to binge drinking and wild flings when not on a job.

Her faith is centered on the Khajiit goddess of the winds, Khenarthi, praying for speed and accuracy on her mission. Often times, she will meditate in the early morning, or late evening, and this is one of the few times one will be able to see her without her hard mask of the killer in place.

Staff member
    Anything that you wouldn't normally post in a mature role play. As in, nothing so excessive that it would disgust people. Something that would go against the rules, as well.

Yes, I can help you with your character if you post it up here.
    I am on the edge of my seat wsiting for your verdict...

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Ok, so his physical appearance is good, but I would edit it so he can't shout, and make it so his armour isn't enchanted. Perhaps make him more proficient at either archery or swordsmanship. Also, I would have him not be resistant to elements. Besides that, he seems to be ok.

Staff member
    Ok, so his physical appearance is good, but I would edit it so he can't shout, and make it so his armour isn't enchanted. Perhaps make him more proficient at either archery or swordsmanship. Also, I would have him not be resistant to elements. Besides that, he seems to be ok.
    Will do! He will be uber resistant to frost because the nord/vampire combo...

Staff member
    Name: Gidian ;)
    NOTE: I am willing to nerf him as necessary.

Age: VERY old. Predates most history, but he will not disclose it(to cover up my ignorance OOC).

His appearance and skills will vary depending on the time and the events that have taken place in the RP. His most defining and ever present features will be his wedding ring, a simple golden ring, with ancient Winglie words inscribed onto it. He then has a Simple silver necklace that doubles as a locket. An enchanter of his species made it for him, it opens up and an image of his wife will appear on the inner side, like a modern picture. His old crest is on the outside, a dragons eye, slit pupiled, like his own eyes sometimes become.

He is very tall and bears resemblance to a modern Nord, black hair that is long, about shoulder length. He's got a black beard, look at my profile picture and that's the beard he's got. He is darker than most nords. He has a scar on the right side of his face, runs from the chin, over his mouth, and loops around his eye, and ends just above his eyebrow. It's a bit jagged, as if he was mauled by a beast, and there are smaller scars around it, equally savage looking. Steel grey eyes originally, but they have since become vampire orangish red. Very sad eyes, you might mistake him for crying sometimes, the way his eyebrows and face are composed. High, prominent cheekbones. To elaborate on his size, he's well over 6 ft and very muscular. He is no stranger to hardwork and his body shows it. If saw him w/o a shirt his body would be riddled with scars. He doesn't laugh much, his face shows that. Looks tired, very tired. His teeth are on the sharp side, originally much like a wolf's teeth, they have become a little vampiric.

His personality: Very somber. Usually doesn't speak. Deep voice, when people talk, he listens. Not reluctant to fight, though he would avoid one if he could. Becuase of his background, he contradicts that nature sometimes. I like to think of him like a giant teddy bear most of the time, but he is intelligent. It took a lot for him to get where he is now.

A bit of his story: As I said, he is very old. He was part of a group of people called the "Winglies"(credit for that name to LoTD). They were more of a small kingdom, but operated much like a guild. They had an extremely long lifespan, and were called Winglies because around their time, they were some of the few who could resist dragons. His upbringing was very harsh and unforgiving, but it was all he knew. He is an expert hunter, master of his senses. He can manage a bow, but is masterful in melee, with any weapon. He has a lot of experiance after all. His magic skills are non existent, and his alchemy skills leaves room for improvement.

He is far above average. His other skills and gear will depend on how much freedom you allow me, for example: Winglies interacted with dragons a lot, so some would be able to shout with a degree of skills. For the most part, Gidian shouldn't be doing any shouting. I would prefer he be in the light variant of stalhrim armour, heavily improved and enchanted. He would also be incredibley resistant to the elements other than lightening, he fought dragons after all. I can settle for frost resistence since Winglies were primarily Nord-like, and he is partially a vampire (explained later). Usually he dual wields two stalhrim swords, and he is incredibly fast. The shouting and elemental resistance vary depending on the roleplay. His armour can also come unenchanted.

To expand on his lure, his "clan" sent him on countless missions, slaying various beasts. They respected the dragons, and the dragons respected them. Doesn't mean they liked each other. The animals were much stronger in his time. The Winglies shared a biased view against vampires and werewolves of the time (they were also very powerful). They were less violent against werewoles who retained more self control. They despised each other over things like prowess. Winglies were particularly loathing of vampires, whom they thought of as little more than animals. My character was told of how low on the food chain they were. He was never sent on a mission to hunt one until he proved himself to be one of the most powerful Winglies. He was sent after one, a woman, who was particularly difficult to catch. He caught up to her in a blizzard, where he took pity on her. This triggered a chain of events that led to her alleged death and his exile, so he is out for revenge. The Winglies are still out there, and he's followed them to Tamriel.

If you have any tips or advice, I'd appreciate it, as well as help.

He hates Molag Bal (it is very rare, as in uber rare, for a Winglie to hate) and all of his followers. His motives are to reclaim his lost wife's soul from Molag Bal (or anyone else who would claim it). He does not know if she is alive or not and is assuming Malog Bal would know. Despite his power and determination, I highly doubt he is on the level of a daedric prince. He would be willing to trade souls if she was in fact, dead.

To explain his vampiric features, he was unwittingly changed by his wife around when they first met. His blood resisted the poison and it only had a partial effect. He has not cured it nor will he, he feels it is his last connection to his love. He is tempted to feed, but doesn't need to, nor has he ever. The change extended his lifespan to unlimited unless struck down by means of force. It added resistence to frost as well as disease and poison, and though fire is not particularly effective against him he is fearful of it. Winglies were never cannibals and they ate like normal humans, and though he is partially a vampire, he can still sustain himself with normal rations. All had some degree of skill with magic, and most were extremely skilled with it. Gidian was among the strongest of them, but his ability to cast magic was painfully removed from him when he went to extremes to heal his wife's fatal wounds. It is unknown if she survived as the effort rendered him unconcious and she was gone when he awoke.

His wife's wounds were made worse by an ancient and powerful venom, which was uber bad. He took the venom into himself when he "healed" her, and it corrupted his magic. Sometimes a toxic green color can overpower his normal eye color.

Each warrior of their race owned two dueling swords, crafted by themselves, and were extremely potent and magnificent blades. They were for solely dueling, and rarely used in combat, with few exceptions. The description of Gidian's dueling swords would be:

The handles would be black dragons, a double sided axe looking thing at the pommel on the dragons tale. The crossguard would be the dragons extended wings. The dragons neck and maw would be facing vertically, its mouth open. It's eye would be a strange gem that changed color based upon the person holding it. The blade woul be in the shape of fire coming from the dragon's mouth, and it would also be black intwined with lighter shades of black, which equates to dark grey colors. The blades would be extremely potent, as their original intention were to slay dragons at the peak of their power before they became dueling swords. The sheath would be clothe wrapped around and tied around the blade, despite the fact it does not need to be maintained. Winglies were extremely proud and protective of their blades, and cleaned them often. Gidian would carry them in his pack.

Staff member
    I do not know how to color my text and all... I am on my phone.

Staff member
    Thanks for any all input! I've gtg till around 7 or 730

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Salthar Vivarian

Age: Near two hundred years of age. Looks to be in early thirties' (human age).

Race: Altmer/Vampire

Class: Sorcerer/Spell sword

Alignment: Orderly Evil

Appearance: Six feet, seven inches tall, typical elven features, pointed ears, high cheekbones, pale golden skin. Has red-gold eyes, and pitch black hair that falls to his shoulders. His body is scarred from his years in the Dominions' army. Has a pair of scars underneath his left eye.

Apparel:Black Thalmor robes with red and gold stitching. Has Thalmor boots and gloves as well. Underneath his robes, he wears a grey elven tunic with golden elven script on it, and black breaches.

Weapons: An ebony sword with an enchantment of life absorbing

Backstory: Salthar was a commander in the Aldmeri Dominion army during the great war, and served in Skyrim shortly before the rebellion in Skyrim began. Met his wife, Virani, a vampire, in the wilds near Falkreath. The pair fell in love and married in secret, with only Vengar Vivarian, Salthar's brother, as a witness. Shortly after their marriage, Virani turned Salthar into a vampire as well. A few months later, his wife was raped a murdered by a group of Nords from Falkreath. In a rage, the vampire killed them, and their leader, but came to hate Nords of all types, and devoted his life to eliminating them like vermin. He has restored the Bloodlet Throne, and has created a coven, led by him and his brother. His coven controls most of the goings on in Tamriel through murder and subterfuge. When the Daedra surged from Oblivion, he and his coven were among the first to fight back.

(Looks like an exciting roleplay, my sexy goddess ;))

Staff member
    I always feel that everyone else's character is better than mine...

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I always feel that everyone else's character is better than mine...

If you're just beginning, just remember that everyone started out new to the whole thing at some time. :)
    Characters tend to get better once they join role plays, as they get fleshed out and more sophisticated.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    (Looks like an exciting roleplay said:
    Madrar! I told you to only call me that when we were alone!:mad:

blue 468

Dude this role play sounds amazing! I would be if you let me join. my character card is in my sig under Aenar but I could post it if you wanted me to.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Madrar! I told you to only call me that when we were alone!

:oops: Forgot...

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    ABOUT
    Name: Jadier Dolbanitte
    Race: Breton
    Class: Knight

Cosmetics
    Eye Color: Emerald Green
    Hair: Black hair cut short into a buzz
    Scars: No scars
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 205
    Skin Tone: Light tan
    Personality: Jadier is a very noble man. He always fights for the protection of others, He is completely against killing those who do not deserve it, and he is not afraid to confront those who do.

Equipment
    Weapon: Jadier wields a hand-made Dragonbone sword, that was handed down in his family for many generations
    Shield: Jadier wields a Dragonplate shield
    Combat Apparel: Jadier wears a full set of Dragonplate armor, which bears the family crest on the chest piece
    Casual Apparel: For more casual appearances, Jadier wears a red velvet outfit, a symbol of his nobility

Skills
    Mastered Skills:
    One Handed
    Block
    Heavy Armor
    Smithing

History
    Jadier's family has been around for several hundred years. In fact, one of his ancestors, Varnis Dolbanitte, created the Dragonplate armor and shield, and Dragonbone sword, after defeating one of the first dragons ever to be sighted in Skyrim. Varnis and a group of brave warriors slayed the great dragon Vulturnir, in a great battle outside of Falkreath. Once slain, Varnis took the dragon's bones and crafted the Dragonplate armor and blade. The Dragonplate armor set has been passed down every generation following Varnis' death. Jadier is the next of kin, so it is his turn to wear the family's armor, soon to pass it down to his own son.

Jadier was born to Tristore and Morgona Dolbanitte in their large home in Daggerfall. Jadier has trained in the art of melee combat ever since he was only ten years of age. As a right of passage, traditional in the Dolbanitte family, Jadier at the age of 18 was sent to clear out a cave occupied by bandits who have terrorized the people of High Rock for years. Jadier returned, and was given the family's set of armor and blade. As a Dolbanitte, he is bound to a life of service to the people of Tamriel. He has vowed to assist those in need, and vanquish those who wish to cause harm among the innocent.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    This looks great Shaded. I'm looking forward to getting into it.

Name: Andre Marek
    Race: Nord
    Class: Bounty Hunter
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Physical Description: Andre Marek is 6’4” and has a lean, muscular build, broad shoulders and a tanned complexion. He has dark brown hair that he keeps cut brutally short. His eyes are a pale grey. Marek sports a long scar on his left cheek, which stretches from the left corner of his mouth to just before his left ear.

Personality: Marek is often described as being stoic, rarely ever allowing others to read his emotions by hiding behind an inscrutable expression of disdain for those around him. He has little patience for anyone, even his employers. Being a bounty hunter by trade, he has no compunctions about violence although he does not always resort to it if an alternative presents itself. Years of negotiating contracts and vying for information from shady underworld associates have sharpened his tongue to the point where he can verbally parry with even the most adept. Marek is very intelligent and enjoys outsmarting his rivals as well as his quarry. There is rarely a situation which he cannot turn in his favour, or in the very least, survive. He has no racial prejudices but he harbours a deep seated hatred and distrust of magic and is slow to trust those who wield it. Marek is often uncomfortable when placed in social situations which he is not in control of. Having lived and worked alone his whole life, he rarely takes orders from anyone but himself and does not look kindly on those that seek to manipulate him.

Apparel : Black pants and tunic worn under a light weight black leather vest which is additionally reinforced with darkened steel plates on the chest and stomach areas as well as covering his shoulders, collarbone, and back. On his limbs Marek wears gauntlets and grieves of the same darkened steel. Protecting his upper legs is a heavy black leather kama (A kama is a long skirt-like piece of armor which hangs from the belt down to just below the knees. The front is parted to allow for freedom of movement to the wearer.) In place of a helmet he wears a black hood and often hides his features underneath a close fitting mask on the lower half of his face. (Basically looks like a Skyrim version of Mandalorian armor from SW but minus the helmet, jetpack, and tech.)

Combat Preference: Andre Marek is a master of hand to hand combat and is often able to engage and defeat several opponents at once even if they happen to be armed. Often times Marek will forego his sword In favour of simple hands and feet. It is extremely hard to fight Marek in a traditional manor due to his lack of expression betraying nothing of his plans or reactions. While fighting, it is common for Marek to stand deceptively still while waiting for the opportune moment to strike, often drawing his opponent into range of devastating kicks, strikes, throws, and holds. Although his preferred style is unarmed, he is also skilled with his long, bastard sword which he took from the corpse of an ex bounty, however, engaging him with a sword is still far preferable to unarmed combat. He prefers to wear medium armor and clothing but will make use of heavier armors if the situation demands it. Marek is also very skilled at remaining undetected in the wilderness as well as in towns and cities.

Biography: Andre Marek was born into a Nordic family living in Cyrodiil before the Great War. During his childhood his father who was a member of the Imperial Legion, taught him how to handle a sword as well as started him hunting. He was in fact out hunting on the day that his family was killed by the elves and has since harboured a bitter resentment of the Dominion. During the war he saw firsthand the kind of destruction that magic users could unleash, having witnessed Thalmor Agents slaughter whole villages. He vowed that he would never become tainted by what he saw as unnatural and wholly evil powers. After the fighting died down and the Empire signed the White Gold Concordat, he took to traveling between the cities of Cyrodiil and offering his services as a bounty hunter to track down and return fleeing fugitives. During this time he discovered the identities of the Thalmor who had killed his parents. After tracking the agents for several days they became aware of his presence, captured Marek and subjected him to cruel tortures both magical and otherwise. The agents decided that he knew nothing of value and left him for dead. After stumbling through the woods for a whole night barely alive he collapsed in a farmer’s field. When the farmer discovered him he offered him a place to stay and recover. When he was recovered enough to continue his job as a bounty hunter, he set out to become strong enough to one day kill the Agents responsible. Marek abilities quickly earned him many contracts with several members of the Imperial courts. Many of the contracts were capture only, forcing Marek to learn new ways to apprehend his quarry. After hearing of the impending war in Skyrim he decided to travel north in the hopes of making his fortune capturing fugitives and hopefully discover the whereabouts of his parents killers. After several years of searching the province he eventually discovered the location of the Thalmor agents. This time he showed no quarter. Marek killed the agents during the final hours of Skyrim’s civil war, thus ending his crusade and accruing a bounty of his own from the Aldmeri Dominion in the amount of 250 000 septims.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Loving all the CC's so far people!

Alright, I'm going out with some friends tonight, so I'll be seeing you later. Goodnight, children:)