18+ The Elder Scrolls: The Call of Cthulhu

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

mast3rlinkx

Many assumed that the Daedric Princes are the most foul beings in existence. Among those native to this dimension that encompasses Nirn and all of its planes, that is very much true. No native entity is more foul than the most foul of Daedric Princes, from the intelligent Hermaeus Mora to the mighty Mehrunes Dagon. However, there are worse things than Daedra in existence, creatures so foul that even the Daedric Princes would shudder to think of them. The denizens of this realm do not know these entities yet, but soon they shall know them. The walls between their realm and ours are thinning, and soon these "Outer Gods" shall enter our realm if nobody rises to stop them from arriving. For once they arrive, there will be no hope.

Azathoth_wallpaper_by_arcaneserpent.jpg
    The Elder Scrolls: The Call of Cthulhu
    The city of Whiterun was often a bustling place, with people scuttling from one place to the next, always in a hurry. Such was typical of trade hubs, and Whiterun was no exception. People bumped into each other in their trips to make deliveries to a buyer, and people crowded in front of market stalls, eager to grab up whatever goods they had the money for. Fruit, vegetables, meat, jewelry, mead, such things sold very rapidly in the Imperial Province of Skyrim. Whiterun was one of those places that was great to visit, but horrible to live in. Behind one stall was a Nord in mage's garb, who had hardly anyone in front of his stall. The Nord was just about to fall asleep when he was jerked out of his stupor by someone slapping a book down in front of him. It was a spell tome, Fire Storm. The person that dropped it on the surface of the stall was an Argonian dressed in armor of elven make, and appeared to be a damn fine set. Looking up, the Nord saw an Argonian with a coloration he'd never seen before. This lizard was fiery red! The Argonian pulled out a coin purse and asked, "How much?" The man paused, dumbstruck that someone actually came to buy something from him. Spells and scrolls weren't very profitable in Skyrim, but they were all this man knew. Finally, he cleared his throat and said, "That's 2000 Septims." The Argonian paused for a moment. "Hmm. A bit pricey, but we have a deal." He tossed the entire purse to the Nord, who nodded and thanked him for the purchase.​
    The Argonian was a wandering researcher and flame elementalist named Briseen-Ra, and as he walked, he tapped into the energy the tome contained and memorized the method it contained. The book caught on fire and turned to ash, but Briseen-Ra had gotten what he wanted from it. He pushed open the doors of the Bannered Mare Inn, placing a few Septims on the counter and ordering a bottle of Argonian ale, the stuff he became accustomed to during his childhood in Black Marsh. The innkeeper slid a bottle his way and he quickly caught it, easily popping the cork and tilting the liquor into his mouth. His lips tightened against the strong drink, and took a seat at the back, waiting for a few people to arrive. For he'd issued a statement that he was seeking companions, for he feared that a great evil threatened Tamriel now that Alduin was slain and the Dragonborn missing. Briseen-Ra thought back to the vision his master, Hermaeus Mora, had shown him, and a shiver was sent down his spine as he recalled the tentacled monstrosities he'd glimpsed and the mass death and destruction that plagued not just Tamriel, but also Akavir and the other continents of Nirn.​

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Beth passed through the Whiterun gates and gasped. The city was packed, more so than she had ever seen it before. Not even the Imperial City down in Cyrodiil had been this crowded. She looked down at the note she was holding. She was attempting to reach the Bannered Mare, as the note told her of an Argonian looking for help, and that this Argonian would wait in the Bannered Mare on this day at this time. She sighed heavily and began weaving her way to the Bannered Mare. She decided that instead of passing through the Plains District as she usually would, she would go left to the Cloud District, and work her way around to the Bannered Mare, as it was less likely to be heaving with people.
    "Thank Talos for that," she thought as she reached the Cloud District, which was indeed, relatively empty. She passed around the Gildergreen, and then travelled around the bulk of traders and shoppers, reaching the tavern with less trouble than she'd thought.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley yawned as she pulled the sword out of the forge. The client who was buying the blade was ecstatic when he laid his eyes on the sword. He rushed forward and grabbed it out of Ash's hands, eager to test the sharpness of the blade. The man swung at a nearby mannequin Ashley used for practice, cutting a large gash in the makeshift armor. Happy with his new weapon, the man paid Ashley and left, unable to see the disappointed look on her face. She was not, by any means, happy with her latest work. She hadn't been able to put a lot of effort in her projects for the past couple days because she couldn't sleep. It wasn't a matter of not being able to fall asleep. It was what awaited her when she did fall asleep.

Recently, Ash had been having strange dreams to put it lightly. She had been getting messages in her dream from, of all the occult beings in Tamriel, Molag Bal. Ashley hated all Daedric beings, but none more than this particular Daedric Lord. He was the reason her sister tried to kill Ash and her family, He was the reason her sister was dead. But his messages were strange. For a Daedric Lord who's plans were ruined, he wasn't as mad as Ashley thought. He was still mad, but whenever she saw him, he looked worried. He wanted her help with something. Ashley knew better than to help a Daedric Lord with a task. And every time she denied him, he turned her dreams into nightmares. The nightmares got so bad, Ashley refused to fall asleep. That was four days ago, and not sleeping was affecting her work.

Knowing that she couldn't work like this, Ashley closed her shop earlier. She had to get her mind off work and off of Molag Bal. Ash shook her head. "This has gotta stop. I gotta-" She cut herself off as she noticed a piece of paper on her desk. "Strange, I never noticed this piece of paper before. Maybe Alec put it there." Ash picked up the paper and looked at it. It was a notice from someone looking for companions for a job. "This is perfect! This is just the thing I nee-" she yawned out loud, cutting herself off. "I need to take my mind off of that demon." Ashley made her way upstairs and shut the door, changing out of her blacksmith apron and into her Stalhrim armor. She put her sword into her sheathe, her bow on her back along with a quiver filled with arrows. She kept her street clothes in her bag, along with her helmet. Ash exited her house, shielding her eyes from the sunlight, made her way to the Bannered Mare.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Vonos Dres was walking along an old dirt path that led to the City of Whiterun, trading hub of Skyrim. The sky was a brilliant mix of orange and red hues as the sun began to set, the rolling hills of Whiterun hold casting shadows big enough to devour mammoths. He was off to see a priest in the city to see what was causing him these recent nightmares. Normally, bad dreams didn't phase the Dunmer, but these dreams were hellish and terrifying, as if something was prying into Vonos's mind and ripping out all of his fears and bad memories to paint a canvas in his head. Because of this, Vonos was considerably tired, and often found himself drifting off as he walked only to snap back up and look around frantically with his ominous red eyes. All seemed normal on the road until he noticed something in the distance. As he got closer, he realized it was a carriage, tipped over with horses lying dead. Vonos heard moans of agony coming from the site and picked up his pace to get there faster. The Mage saw what he believed to be an old Redguard man sprawled out on the dirt, clutching his side. Vonos hustled over to the man and kneeled down next to him.
    "Its a little cold to be resting in the dirt, M'Elder," Vonos smirked. "Dunmer, I'm hurt..please, help me..." the Redguard slurred as he squinted his eyes tight from his injuries. Vonos nodded and placed his hands over the old man, a shimmering light began to emit around the wizard's hands, the old man's body began to give off a gold aura. "Try not to move, this should only take but a moment," Vonos informed him. "Tha..thank you, and..sorry.." the man said with a whisper. Vonos looked at him in confusion, not knowing what he meant, realizing it only after 3 large men, an Orc, Nord, and an Argonian approached him from the shadow of a hill. "Heh heh, works everytime," the Orc chuckled sinisterly. "An Elf? gods this is too easy," the Nord man said cockily, crossing his arms. "I wonder what valuables he has under those pretty robes.." the Argonian hissed. "Hmph, if you'd like to have my things, you're going to have to take them from me," Vonos smirked again, not worried much about petty bandits. "I was hoping you'd say that..." the Orc grinned, pulling his mace from his side sheath. All 3 attacked at once, Vonos had to quickly cast a wall of fire in front of him to stop them in their tracks. The Orc jumped through the flames, only to be met by an Ice spike, impaling him through his mouth. Vonos cast a strange purple spell at the body and within seconds the Orc was alive again, this time to serve the Dark Elf. The Nord and Argonian ran at the Orc at the same time, but were both chokeslammed onto the hard dirt ground. Vonos stepped on the Argonian's chest before roasting him alive with concentrated flames. "Keep the Nord Alive," Vonos commanded the brute. The Orc punched his former Nordic comrade in the gut, the Nord gasped for air, blood spilling from his mouth to the ground. Vonos walked up to the nord while the Orc held his arms back, the Nord looking down in defeat. "I guess it wasn't as easy as you anticipated," the Dark Elf smirked and held out his left hand, a purple aura was emitted, slowly taking the form of a dagger. Vonos quickly and precisely plunged the blade into the Nord's stomach, the bandit giving a weak cry of pain as he felt the tip of the dagger poke his organs. "Shhh, hush child, its ok..everything will be over soon," Vonos whispered in the Nord's ear. the mage yanked out the blade and gently ran it down the Nord's neck, bringing it to his ribs. "Don't worry, this will be the last pain you ever feel...but the most agonizing," Vonos smiled as he carved into the Nord's body, a single scream echoed through the hills...

After a while, Vonos reached whiterun, remembering to wipe the blood around his mouth off with his sleeve. "Dagon above, I need a drink, this aftertaste is horrid," Vonos thought to himself, walking through a large crowd of people to reach the Bannered Mare. "An ale if you would, thank you," Vonos said politely to the Barmaid, getting his drink quickly and sitting down at a table by himself.

EpicVakarian

As Beth reached to push open the tavern door, a small Breton woman emerged from the crowd and reached for the same spot. Beth stared at her, and she stared back; the Breton was a tiny woman, barely taller than a child, and yet she walked as though her heavy armour weighed as much as a feather. There was no doubt in her mind; this Breton was here for the same reason she was.
    "Begging your pardon, friend," Beth murmured. "But I suspect you are here because of a note?"
    Looking at the woman, she felt a multitude of sensations. She felt quite large, even though she herself was quite short, because the woman was at least 4 inches shorter than her. However, she also felt quite underprepared. Beth saw the Breton's armour and felt relatively exposed. Not that she needed any armour, that was what magic was for, but that armour looked damn near impenetrable.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley was deep in thought as she walked towards the Bannered Mare. What if this is some type of trick by Molag Bal? I was just thinking of him and how he asked for help, and seconds later a note from a person asking for help pops up on my desk? It can't be a coincidence. Then again, bounty notes and jobs passed from the companions often find themselves on my doorstep. But how can I be sure? She had reached her destination at this point, reaching for the door. It was only when she saw another hand enter her sight did she snap out of it. She turned and saw another woman, no one the young Breton had ever seen before. Ash found herself staring at the woman, and to her surprise, she was staring right back. This is strange. Why is she just staring at me like that? Ash couldn't figure out why she was staring at her.

"Begging your pardon, friend." The woman startled Ashley, shocking her out of thoughts."But I suspect you are here because of a note?" Ashley's eyes widened at that question. How did she know about that note? Did she get one as well? Maybe this isn't a plot by Molag Bal after all. Realizing she hadn't answered the woman's question, she snapped herself back to reality. "Yeah, actually I am here because of a note. But how did you kn-" Ash was cutoff as she yawned once more. "Sorry, that was rude. But how do you know about the note?"

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Silver made his way through the gates of Whiterun, and into the large crowd of traders who were negotiating about the prices of different items. His eyes were focused on the Bannered Mare, and he started his way in-between the noisy crowd. People yelled after him as he bumped into them on his way. But he didn’t care about that. The only thing he could think of was that he just had been exiled from his own tribe.

I’m just an outsider, he thought to himself. A Nord who lives amongst Bosmer. That isn’t meant to be. He forced his way between two women who were standing outside the Inn chatting, without even noticing that he bumped into both of them.

He entered the Inn and went straight to the bar. The smell of mead and sweat filled his nose, and he scanned the crowd for a potential table to sit by. His eyes stopped at a table were a red argonian sat by himself. Hmm, that’s an odd color for an argonian. He turned over to the barmaid and ordered two bottles of ale, and then made his way to the lonely argonian.

“Mind if I sit down here?”

mast3rlinkx

Briseen-Ra looked up from his drink as three more entered the tavern, and he detected the unmistakable scent of freshly spilled blood from one of them. Seems he had a bit of trouble with the local bandits, or so Briseen-Ra hoped. The two others were a Breton and a Nord, though the Nord had slightly olive-colored skin that hinted at possible Imperial ancestry. Straining to catch a hint of their conversation, he heard mention of notes, which he didn't doubt were the ones he'd given a courier to distribute throughout Whiterun Hold. Placing the bottle on the table, he stood and began to approach the two women, disregarding the dark elf with the scent of blood on him for now. He didn't think he was important at the moment, for the Dunmer was only there for a drink, obviously. However, he stopped when a silver-haired Nord asked about sitting here, and sat back down. "No, no, I don't mind at all." He took a sip of his ale again, then asked, "So what brings you to Whiterun?" If Silver listened closely, he'd find that the Argonian's voice sounded strained, as though he was worried about something or just stressed in general. And his eyes kept drifting over to the two women discussing notes, and, oddly, he found renewed interest in that Dunmer. Perhaps his bond to Hermaeus Mora was giving him bits and pieces of the future, and that Dunmer may be involved in Briseen-Ra's future.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "So what brings you to Whiterun?"

The argonians voice had a hint of worry, but Silver didn't care to ask why. Afraid of touching a nerve. So Silver just smiled to him. "Actually, I'm here looking for work." He took a small break to drink before he continued. "I got some problems with my former... Boss." He got angry by the thought of the tribesleader who had forced him into exile. "And you? What are an so exotic argonian doing at this place?" Silver smiled as he asked the question trying to take his mind onto something different than his exile.

mast3rlinkx

Briseen-Ra paused when the Nord asked why he himself was in Whiterun, but thought this would be a perfect first recruit if he was looking for work. "Actually, I, uh, have a problem. It's a recurring vision I have, one that was a supposed gift from my... friend." He wasn't sure if he could trust this man, so he refrained from mentioning his binding deal with Hermaeus Mora. "It showed Nirn in flames, with evil entities worse than Daedra sweeping across the world and even destroying Oblivion. My employer told me that I should gather others to stop this from happening, for I have no doubt this vision has a grain of truth to it." He paused for a moment, sipping at his ale. "You say you're looking for work. What do you say to helping me out? I can pay well, and I could definitely use a bit of Nordic strength."

EpicVakarian

"Ah," said Beth, "I got one too. Mine told me that a red-skinned Argonian would be waiting in the Bannered Mare for people who responded. Forgive me, but I'm going to assume you have the same note?"
    As Beth continued to speak to the small Breton, a Nord pushed past them both. She scowled at the man, then pushed open the doors to the tavern. She immediately gagged as a huge selection of smells reached her accomplished tracking nose. She smelt ale, worry and blood. In a tavern, ale was obviously normal, and to some extent, worry was too. But blood should never be shed in a tavern, and especially not in Whiterun. She coughed; the smell of blood was overwhelming to her, and her tracking experience told her the smell led back to the Dark Elf sitting at the bar, staying out of all merriment.
    "Sorry to interrupt," Beth said to the Breton quickly, "but I believe we should stay away from that man there." She pointed at the man discreetly, and said the last few words quietly so as not to alert anyone else to her alarm at his smell, which the rest of them could most likely not quite sense.
    "Sorry, please continue."

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Vonos took a long swig of his ale, the strong liquor took the bitter taste of the bandit's blood out of his mouth. He scanned the tavern, looking for characters that stood out of the inebriated crowd. Among some of the people he took note on were two women: a Breton and a delicate looking Nord woman, of mixed ancestry Vonos would say if he had to guess. Another one was a Nordic man with long silver hair stretching to his back, and finally a fiery red Argonian, who Vonos took particular interest in, only because it seemed that the feeling was mutual from the Lizard's perspective. The Dunmer slouched in his seat, his hood casting a shadow over his cold red eyes. "Huh, Why am I drawing so much attention?" Vonos thought to himself, a cold shiver going down his spine," Do they notice? is it obvious?" he worried, taking out a pipe and lighting it, inhaling and then exhaling a large wisp of smoke. "Heh, this should kill that rancid smell," the elf smirked to himself, a thin stream of smoke poured from his nose like a dragon. Vonos continued to steal glances at the Nord and Argonian, as well as the two women. A big Nord man approached Vonos at his table, demanding that he put out his pipe, "Theres no smoking in here, puny elf," the Nord said angrily. Vonos eyelids drooped in annoyance, he held up his hand and waved it across the Nord's face, "I don't want any trouble, Nord, now be on your way," he said calmly. "Y..yes, m-my apologies..." the Nord said suddenly fearful, scurrying back to his group. Vonos smirked again, "Its not even a challenge to sway a Nord's mind, they are too damn stupid to even resist," he said quietly to himself, just noticing the Argonian getting a glance at him. "Gods above, I hope the lizard didn't see me," the Dark Elf thought, trying not to lose his calm demeanor. If the lizard saw that illusion trick, AND smelled any trace of blood on him, he'd have to kill him. "Ugh, I wouldn't want that, though I wonder...what does Argonian taste like?" a devilishly smile stretched across the Dunmer's face.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Silver hesitated on the argonians offer of work. Evil creatures that destroyed the world, and even Oblivion. His mind drifted away to what the tribes shaman had told him earlier. Could this maybe be the same prophecy they were talking about. No, he decided that both the shaman and the argonian were wrong about this. He looked into the argonians desperate eyes, and felt kind of sorry for him. So he stretched out his arm to greet him. "I'll help you. The name is Silverhair, by the way. But feel free to call me Silver." He smiled gently to him as he shook his arm.

Silver finnished his first bottle of ale, and started straight on the other. The alcohol filled his belly with warmth. He ran both his hands trought his hair, and tied it in a small knot at the back of his head. As the hair were lifted away from the eyes, a small wound revealed itself on the side of his left eye. He turned around to see if he could spot any interesting persons in the Inn. Two women were standing chatting by the door, and he could see that one of them almost whispered someting to the other. He continued to search the Inn, and his eyes stopped at a dark elf who seemed a bit suspicious. The elf took a small peak over at them, before he turned back quickly. Probably just looking for someone to brawl with, Silver tought to himself and took another sip of his ale.

EpicVakarian

As the Breton woman talked, Beth found herself distracted, yet again, by the Dunmer that smelled faintly of blood. He had lit a pipe, smoking herbs in a tavern! She wasn't surprised when the large Nord walked up to the man and told him to put it out.
    What did surprise her, however, was the fact that, with a single wave of his hand and a few calm words, the Dunmer convinced the Nord to leave him alone. Indeed, the Nord appeared to be scared of the Elf, which was unheard of to Beth.
    She had spent nigh on 14 years as a highly-trained member of the College of Winterhold, and she'd had enough training to know that the man had not convinced the Nord to leave. Rather, the Elf was obviously accomplished in the art of illusion; of tricks, lies and deception.
    "Sorry," Beth whispered to the Breton, who she had learnt (from the small amount she had picked up from her talking) was named Ashley, "But I have to sort something out." Ashley appeared to be angry that she had been interrupted again, but Beth didn't care; this was more important. She walked silently over to the Elf, who, fortunately, had his back to Beth. She tapped him on the shoulder. He immediately and swiftly turned his head to look at her suspiciously.
    "I saw that," she said simply.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Vonos was just finishing his ale when a red headed woman tapped his shoulder, causing him to immediately turn around. "I saw that," she said simply, Vonos was surprised, but kept calm. "Oh that? heh its just an old trick I learned from the College up in Winterhold, very useful around these parts," Vonos replied, ending his statement with a smirk. Hoping to change the subject quickly, Vonos started to try and find out more about the woman. "Say, you look a bit familiar, have I seen you before? What's your name m'lady?" he asked, his hood still cast over his eyes. "My name is Vonos Dres, just a Wizard from Windhelm," he said while taking off his hood, revealing his deep red eyes and his brilliant red hair which he kept in a ponytail, flashing a smile and kissing the Nord's hand. "Forgive me if I come on too strong, but its not often you find such a lovely young woman in Skyrim," he flirted. "If I can sweet talk the Nord, perhaps she won't give me any trouble," the Dunmer thought. "Here, sit down, have a drink, tell me about yourself!" Vonos offered in a friendly tone, "What brings you to Whiterun?"

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley wasn't really sure what was happening right now. One minute she was chatting with a Nord woman, who she learned was named Beth, the next she was by herself and the woman had gone to confront a nearby Dunmer about some type of sorcery. Considering this Nord Woman was the only one here that could provide her with answers about the note, Ash figured that she should stick with her. As she walked towards Beth, she felt a sudden dizziness hit her. Her eyesight had become blurry, and she felt like passing out. I guess the effects of not sleeping for four days is finally hitting me. Ashley thought to herself. I need to sit down before I pass out on the floor. Ash looked around, spotting an unoccupied chair next to an Argonian and a Nord. She wasn't sure if it was because of the lack of sleep, or just seeing things, but she could swear that Argonian was red. Ashley staggered her way to the chair, looking like one of the many tavern patrons who walked around after a few pints of mead. She sat down in the chair, getting strange looks from both the Argonian and the Nord. "Sorry to interrupt. I needed a place to sit down for a minute. Don't mind me."

EpicVakarian

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Ashley stumble across to a table where two people were already sitting; the Nord who had pushed past them outside, and a red-skinned Argonian. She knew that once she had dealt with the Elf, she would have to talk to the Argonian, as there was no doubt, he was the reason she was here.
    She focused once again on the Elf. Now that he mentioned it, she did recognise him from the College, but from what she remembered, he had never spoken to her. She decided it was safe to talk to him; for now.
    "My name is Beth. I, too, learnt at the College. I am still there, and have been for 14 years." As she spoke, the Elf lowered his cowl, revealing deep red eyes and blood-red hair, and kissed Beth's hand before she could draw it away. To her surprise, the Elf started to try and flirt with her, calling her 'lovely'. "I am sorry, flattery won't work on me. Like I said, I've been at the College for most of my life. I know how to resist illusion. And I cannot stop to talk, I have more pressing matters to deal with." She did not care to disguise her disgust at the blood-smelling Dunmer's advances, and then retreated to the same table as Ashley, the Nord and the Argonian. She pulled up a chair opposite Ashley, between the Nord and the Argonian.
    "Hello, friends. Ashley," she said, "I do believe that this man is the reason we are here." She nodded at the Argonian, then pulled out the note and laid it across the table in front of the Argonian. And she waited.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    As the Woman, apparently named Beth if she was telling the truth walked away, Vonos gave a small smirk. "Huh, she's clever, not very polite though," he thought. Taking another gulp of his ale, Vonos wiped his mouth with his sleeve, eyeing the ring on his finger, a replica of the Ring of Namira, quite a few cultists bore the piece of jewelry. It was getting late, but Vonos wouldn't even bother with sleeping, not with the intense Night terrors he was having. The Dark Elf stood up and walked to the tavern counter, "Another Ale if you would m'lady," he asked, the barmaid nodding and giving him a rather warm ale. "Sorry Elf, we are a bit short on ice," the Barmaid apologized, a little embarrassed. "Oh its quite alright Miss, shouldn't be a problem," Vonos assured her with a smile, chilling the glass with a frost spell. "Say, would you happen to know about the Argonian over there?" he notioned his thumb over to the Red Reptile man. "The Lizard?" she asked, "Never seen him before, I heard him mentioning something about recruiting for some big quest, other than that he seemed like he was worried about something," the Barmaid informed him. "Aye, thanks for the info sweet," Vonos thanked her and flashed a quick wink, making his way towards the group's table. "Evening Ladies and Gents, I hear you're on some quest, mind if I have a seat?" Vonos asked, having a seat next to the Nordic Man. "I seem to have already met your accomplice here," he notioned his look over to Beth, who didn't look very pleased to see him again. "I'm sorry if I was acting unbearable earlier m'lady, it is always nice to meet a fellow apprentice," he extended his hand out to her as a peace offering, forgetting the ring on his finger.

EpicVakarian

Beth scowled as the Elf sat down next to the Nord, who was apparently named Silver. As the Elf extended her hand, she sighed inwardly. She knew she would have to do it, so she might as well get it over with. She grasped his hand and shook it, then quickly relinquished her grip and pulled her hand back to the table.
    "So, Briseen-Ra? That's your name?" The Argonian nodded silently. "So what's the problem? Why do most of us," she glanced over at the Dunmer as she spoke, "have notes from you asking for help? From what I can tell so far, Ashley doesn't know you, nor does Silver, nor do I. How do you know us?"
    She wondered if she had asked too much of Briseen-Ra, if he was going to be one of those mysterious types that withheld all information to all but their most trusted friends. She certainly hoped not; she wanted to know how he had tracked her down so she could stop anyone doing it again. Neither Silver nor Ashley objected to her statement, so she assumed she was correct about the lizard having just met the group.
    Beth also noticed that the Elf had gritted his teeth slightly at the fact that she made him appear as an outsider, not part of the group, but she didn't care. As far as she was concerned, the rest of them had notes asking for help. The Elf did not.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Silver emptied his last bottle and laid it down at the middle of the table. "How do you know my name?" he said gently to the nord woman. "And what is this talk of notes?" He turned over to the argonian again. He didn't know anything about a note, or any quest. The other seemed to knowing something he didn't. He turned to the elf next to him, in hopes that he could give him some answers.

The elf had a soft sent of blood from his mouth. But Silver didn't care. "You're an elf." He said calmly. "I like elfs. Used to live with them... Before i got exiled. They were Bosmers though. You might see that on my choice of armor." He looked down on his bosmeric leatherarmor and sighed. Then he extended his arm to the Elf. "They call me Silver. As Beth said." He peaked over at her as he said her name, giving her a light nod.