Starting again can't decide on a character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Hi, I am starting Skyrim again. I played it alot since release and can't decide on a race and class to play as, Anyone got any ideas? In my past I have been through the last 3 TES games as all types of characters so a challenging and deadly build would be nice

Nameless233

Challenging and deadly? I've done this myself - this is an assassin ( or nightblade as some call it) build, use daggers always ( except for fight dragons or something u can't sneak attack) and sneak everywhere, this way it will go up fast, use illusion spells like calm, fury and invisibility to deceive ur enemies and if u want to, become a vampire! ( 25% better sneaking and illusion) any questions about this play style feel free to ask

And the race for this is up to u, but for abilities, either an Orc or dark elf are great, dark elf because as a vampire u are less resistant to fire, but the dark elf starts with 50% more, and for the Orc, well let's just say u have a dagger with 10 damage on it, the assassins blade perk (15x damage with a dagger in sneak), shrouded gloves( backstabs do double damage) and u use berserk rage ( deal twice damage and receive half) then that's 10 x 15 x 2 x 2 = 600 damage on one hit without enchantments!!

Stereofanic

Thanks but I already started again as a dark elf nightblade. Will Become a vampire, as their skills play right into a nightblade Character.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I don't know... if you want to be deadly and for there to still be a great challenge to the game, maybe try playing a race not so proficient in magic at first (like a Nord). Then put almost all your level-up bonuses into magicka, so you can sling spells all day but still be taken-out by a few melee attacks or ranged attacks (because your health would be low for your level). That would be a powerful character but still challenging to play, especially in the low to mid level range.

Stereofanic

Does anyone know how much your smithing has to be put up by (via potions) after it's maxed out to get shrouded armour to it's max armour rating?

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr

Chaithanya

Two Handed skill with all the perks to war hammer really creates a deadly Character. Block can be ignored and the perks saved can be used in enchanting for a great set of armour. Choose Light Armour to have sneak capabilities with a assassin blade perk that will be useful when you want kill a dragon in a single blow.

Panthera

Don Gato
If you want challenging try Khajiit mage without armor on master... I kinda had problem to survive on adapt. I don't know if it's deadly character but I know it was deadly for my character... maybe I'm just not fit for a mage. :)

...or you can use another class without armor. I think for warrior would be the best option orc because of his racial power. And maybe 2h weapon for being deadly. I heard it does a lot of damage. I personally never played with 2h weapons for close combat only dual wielding so I can't say from my experience.

Right now I just created new character, an Imperial (something different from Khajiit for once =D ) I don't know yet what class but I know it will not wear armor and I set difficulty on master. ...ah who I'm fooling probably I'll play a sneaky character again some thing like scout/agent! :D

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
Try this: An Orsimer who uses light armor(enchant with magic resistances) and is an illusion magi that dual wield magic and a dagger. Make him blind and not realize he is an orc who hates other orcs and attacks them all. Use magic and stamina lvl ups back to back but no perks or lvls sneakin cause hes blind and cant see where to sneak.

Pete

And here I thought challenging meant using only steal / leather armor and weapons on master! :rolleyes:

Stereofanic

And here I thought challenging meant using only steal / leather armor and weapons on master! :rolleyes:

Challenging is taking on an elder dragon in leather armour with lightning bolt fire bolt ice spike and a steel sword

Necromis

How about a pacifist, you can only use non-damaging spells against targets and must try to avoid all conflicts, thus you would have to sneak your way thru most places, use shouts, arrows and spells to distract your enemies. The exception would be in relation to required kills. Obvously those you would have to have harmed, but attempt to kill them by having others do the work, such as with fury and other illusion spells. I mean fury on the enemy to kill and courage on the enemy fighting your target. LOL You may also only wear enchanted robes/clothing, no armour.

Stereofanic

How about a pacifist, you can only use non-damaging spells against targets and must try to avoid all conflicts, thus you would have to sneak your way thru most places, use shouts, arrows and spells to distract your enemies. The exception would be in relation to required kills. Obvously those you would have to have harmed, but attempt to kill them by having others do the work, such as with fury and other illusion spells. I mean fury on the enemy to kill and courage on the enemy fighting your target. LOL You may also only wear enchanted robes/clothing, no armour.

Very good idea for my next save ( I started again last night), I love role playing and this sounds great, and it would be a challenge letting Parthurnax do all the damage to Alduin during the first confrontation, my concern though is leveling up too slow.

Necromis

I am seeing you need an smithing equal to 134 for epic and 168 for legendary.

Necromis

Very good idea for my next save ( I started again last night), I love role playing and this sounds great, and it would be a challenge letting Parthurnax do all the damage to Alduin during the first confrontation, my concern though is leveling up too slow.

ah, but you would be leveling sneak and illusion very fast, so those would gain you some good levels. But remeber, too, your level you beat the game at doesn't have to be 81, it could be 15 even, depending on how you play it out.

Stereofanic

ah, but you would be leveling sneak and illusion very fast, so those would gain you some good levels. But remeber, too, your level you beat the game at doesn't have to be 81, it could be 15 even, depending on how you play it out.

Yeah, I just thought of that myself, will be odd never having a weapon on me, Imagine letting a companion kill all the dragon priests while you heal em.