• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    ALDUIN UNLEASHED FORUM RULES
    1. Have fun (possibly more than other RPs as realism rules are slightly looser here.)
    2. No godding or killing players without thier expressed permission. However, Demi-godding is allowed. You can do things that are impossible in Skyrim and IRL as long as they aren't unfairly powerful or stupid. You can also make up spells.
    3. No profanity, as usual.
    4. All posts that aren't in (parenthesis) are considered to happen in the RP.
    5. You can't take advantage of players who leave thier characters alone (e.g. the players goes to sleep and you take thier money)
    6. This forum can be monitored by NikolaTesla, Andante and PurpleShew but Renegader and the Moderators have highest authority.
    7. Try to keep to one 'playable character'. If you want to add another then they will be short-lived and should die or leave at a reasonable time. 2 Characters max. at once.
    8. Duels are playable here between any number of characters at once, but all players involved must consent and the outcome is decided by a number of things; whoever has the most duel points wins.
    9. Don't post here if you're not looking to be a member or if there are ten people already involved.
      *STICKIED*

Attachments

• SkyrimRPplayerduelchart.png
      SkyrimRPplayerduelchart.png
      325.4 KB · Views: 15
    • SkyrimRP+1.png
      SkyrimRP+1.png
      332.5 KB · Views: 15
    • SkyrimRP+2.png
      SkyrimRP+2.png
      327.1 KB · Views: 13

Speech500

Only dragonborn can kill alduin

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    ( As this is his roleplay, he should be able to alter it how he wishes. Perhaps multiple Dovahkiin arise to fight the World-Eater? Or maybe his main character is Dragon-born? Either way, let's not rain on his parade and see how things develop before we judge and throw our two-cents at him. )

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    (Okay, since it's official lore that only the Dragonborn can kill Alduin, we all possess a piece of the last Dragonborns soul and have formed the Brovahkiin Clan in order to destroy him. Only united can the soul of the Dragonborn defeat Alduin. If you want to refer to the last Dragonborn, let's call him Ysgramor White-Wing - the great Grandson of the leader of the Companion 500 also called Ysgramor)

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    The sound of the Bannered Mare is a rowdy, drunken mass of noise as the warm evening sun makes its way to bed over the vast green dunes of the valley. The noise is hightened only by news of Carlotta Valentina perhaps at once satisfied with a man, to be wed before the divines just next morning. News, or rumour? Carlotta wasn't present to ask, but to the meade drenched townsmen it hardly mattered. Proventus Avenicci leant on the bar for a private word with the barkeep, who then attempted to quieten the rabble, and managed to catch a thrown empty bottle. Proventus made his way through the bustle and stood by the fire with arms raised...

"People of Whiterun!" He exclaimed, as they all fell quiet but for the faint sI'm a racist asshole who doesn't understand boundaries, respect, or basic human decency and I need help at the back.
    "We have reason to believe that our fine Carlotta Valentina has been blessed with her true love before the sign of Mara, whom only tomorrow morning are due to be wed in the eternal bond!" A cheer of drunken musing and a clap from the barkeep, now the only other sober man in the room, could be heard from outisde.
    "However! We have yet to acknowledge her truely beloved. That is, would the man or woman that she will marry next sunrise please step forward!" He called.

Ten stepped back.
    Five stepped forward.
    Three fell over.

"Surely, she cannot be wed to five men! Would her honest true love..."

With that the door burst open with a gust of cold, black night air lapping at the ankles of the drunken crowd. A Dark Elf stood in the door way, a bruised hand on either door, breathing heavily from a fierce run and with a look of both tremendous sorrow and horror scarred across his face. As a bead of sweat crept across his brow and fell like a stone, so too did the hopes of the Inn.

"ALDUIN!" Announced the Dunmer... "ALDUIN HAS COME THROUGH THE TIME RIFT... HE'S BEEN UNLEASHED ONCE MORE!"

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    OOC: Is this a whole new RP or is this part of the Will of Sithis campaign?

((i have a couple posts at the 'mare but its slow going to find RP'ers to join with( it seems we're never online at the same time) but im interested, if u make an OOC thread for this RP, u could explain alduin to me and others in greater detail, with a general outline of how the main story plot will play out))

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    The dark figure turns with a solemn look struck across his thin face.
    "Everyone was gathered here to celebrate the wedding of Carlotta Valentina. In fact, I doubt she really is being wed at all but that's not important. You have heard of Alduin? He may not be a prominent problem in our homeland, but here he has been unleashed unto our realm once more. That much I can tell you for nought."

"Alduin the world-eater is free!?" Exclaimed the newcomer.

"I'm certain of it. I saw him myself." He continues apologeticaly "But my mission here is more than being the woesayer. I need to find the spiritual decendants of Ysgramor White-Wing, if Nirn is ever to know freedom from Alduin. It's half foolish of me to expect such luck, but..." he looks around, whispering only when the conversation of the Mare peaks.

"Do you possess the thu'um?"

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    (OK, but I meant reply to Count Astros so we can move on. I'll assume what you're going to say and when you reply I'll move this post to after yours. Tell me about any errors and I'll edit them, but delete your post about errors once they've been corrected please)

"Excellent!" Replies Count Astros, struck with happy surprise "Now I know you're trustworthy, I can tell you that I myself possess part of the soul of the Dovahkiin. We need to stay together until we can fully form the Brovahkiin Clan, lets go get some armour from Warmaidens and we can set off."

Once at Warmaidens, Astros retrieves a hefty coinpurse from his belongings and purchases a set of flawless Orcish armour for himself and equaly improved Scaled armour for Ravenna.

"You really didn't have to spend all that" says Ravenna "I have magical protection if I need it"

"But now you can save your mana for destruction instead of restoration" Replies Astros "You never know when something powerfuls going to attack"

"W'll sound like youse two are going on an adventure, am I ryt?" Interjected Ulfberth War-Bear "As it just so 'appens, I been hearin' tell o' them Imperials wanted a look 'round some Dwemer place near Winterhold. Sumtin 'bout these vampire fella's gone an' takes it for themselves. An' a heap o' coin for anyone who does it for them."

"Thank you" Replies Astros, turning to Ravenna "I have heard of that place. Alfthand if I'm not mistaken. Rumours say it is hiding one of the largest secrets in all of Skyrim, and if we were to take it for ourselves... to Sovngarde with the bounty, we would be rich beyond imagination. Any enterprising warrior, any exceptionaly poweful one at least, would want to have a look. And I bet you we'll come across another of our Brovahkiin brethren either there or on the way!"

"Then I say we set off for Alfthand!" Replies Ravenna, excited at the promise of battle and adventure.

And with that, they left Warmaidens with thier first main target.

(I took the first three votes on the Character Card thread and was able to combine them. Now we can "exterminate a coven of powerful vampires" whilst "fighting through the depths of a large Dwemer ruin". I thought this would be a more interesting environment for fighting vampires anyway)

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
    Brenlya Half-moon, a firece female nord assassin was entering the Bannered mare in whiterun for a few drink. As she entered the inn the waiter, Saddia asked "Can i get you a drink?" "I'll have a colovian brandy" Brenlya replied. She got the drink and pulled up a stool. After a short time drinking a man named Mikael pulled up the stool beside her and said "Barmaid! I'll have an Ale please and a second round for this lovely lady here." Brenlya looked at him and said "Look i don't know what your doing but if you touch me i'll put you on the floor." "Calm down there! We can both leave here happy. Just come home with me" Mikael suggested. Brenlya pushed him off his stool. Mikael got up slowly and tried to pull brenlya off her seat. She turned around and pushed Mikael. After trying a punch Brenlya simply dodged and punched Mikael to the face seven times. Mikael attempted to push Brenlya and she threw him onto the ground. "Take this brawl outside!" The Barmaid shouted. Brenlya contiued anyway kicking Mikael to the ground. "You call yourself a nord?" She said.

Brenlya left the Inn whilst the Barmaid shouted "Somebody get this man some water!" As Brenlya webt to leave the city she was stopped by two people. "Are you Brenlya Half-moon?" They asked. "Yes, Why?" She asked. "We heard you were in a fight with that Bard Mikael up in the bannered mare and we were wondering would you consider coming to Alftand with us, We are collecting a bounty to clear the cave of vampires and we need strong fighters on our side. We will share the bounty too." They asked. "Were is Alftand? Who are you?" Brenlya asked. "I am Astros and this is my partner Ravenna. Alftand is south west of Winterhold. South east of dawnstar." Astros replied. "I Suppose i'll go. Are we travelling together?" Brenlya asked. "Yes." Replied Astros. "Well then, To Alftand!" Astros shouted.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    He turns back to her with a patronising grin.
    "That is, if you pass the test"
    "Oh... what test?"
    "We can't have just anyone coming on this journey with us" His eyes flit around the area "First of all, use the thu'um and whisper on the back of my head"
    "How did you know I possessed the Thu'um?"
    "I didn't. So now do it"
    A gentle gust encircles the back of Astros head as he hears clearly the words "I am also in the Dark Brotherhood"
    "This is exceptional" admires Astros "Three of the Brovahkiin united before we leave the gate. Welcome Brenlya." He casts a cloaking spell around everyone "Now we move."
    The gate quietly opens behind the nonchalant guard and by the time it swings to, they are down to the expanses of green hills in the surrounding valley. They head north east, keeping near to paths and away from trouble (where possible) to preserve themselves for the discovery of a lifetime.

Jamirus

I can't use colour. I'm on an Ipod. I can do seperate lines though.

Jamirus

As the three Brovahkiin ventured through the snowy tundra of winterhold hold they encountered wolves and frost trolls but they remained unharmed as their combined shouts swatted away anything that tried an attack. Once they arrived at the bridges over the chasm Alftand they realized what else but some foolish bandits to be there. The Brovakiin all used a slow time shout whilst Brenlya fired three arrows with each one finding their target. They stood up again and slowly walked across the rickety bridge. They took the underground passage into Alftand
    "I just hate the Falmer." Brenlya muttered.
    "Hey, at least some Bandits might have weakend them" Astos said.
    "Won't help very much though." Brenlya replied.

The three of them walked through with weapons undsheated waiting for the moment when they would be attacked. A Falmer turned and brandished a weapon not at the Brovahkiin but at an attacking vampire who cast drain life whilst attacking with a sword.once the assault was over the Vampire turned to see three people bundled up behind a pipe. "Yol Toor!" Raveena shouted and a barrage of flamed hit the Vampire blowing him backwards against a wall. The three contiued on until Brenlya triggered a tripwire and rocks fell from the ceiling. Suddenly a giant spinning Blade shot down from one end of the hall almost hitting Astros as the three scrambled over the rubble and rocks, That also alerted the falmer who came out of the many alcoves in the walls and ceiling. Brenlya cast pacify causing them to become calm while Ravenna threw a small peice of stone onto the Pressure plate at the end of the hall activating the blade again and slicing all the falmer who didn't move in time.
    "I'll lead on" Astros said.
    "Thank you! Damn falmer" Brenlya said,

Ordo

Professional Hammer-er
    The three Brovahkiin continued through Alftand and found a Redguard captive in a Dwemer cage surrounded by dead Falmer and Vampires. He appeared lean and strong with a simple tunic, a long beard, red war paint and a full head of hair, wearing only a simple tunic. He was the palest Redguard they had ever seen, almost resembling a Dunmer. At the sight of his new visitors, he said, "Finally! Someone civilized has journeyed to this divineforsaken place. I know the fortune of Alftand, if only you could release me. I could also be a great asset to your journey; I have a set of Dragonscale Armor, a Daedric Bow, and the legendary Volendrung in those chests, with the expertise to use them. How did these beasts die, Redguard? Ah, yes, I possess the Thu'um. They got a taste of my Marked for Death if they ventured to closely. The name is Goronir by the way. So, what will it be?

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    (Ordo, if you want to join the roleplay you need to post your character card in the character card thread. Maybe you're new to this? Plus, you're already overpowered. Your roleplay character can't be as epic as your actual Skyrim character or else everything we do will be done in seconds. Then there won't be any good story and there's not much point really. Choose one of your powerful items and you can keep it, though. And my colour is beige. Yours is blue because you just used it.)

"Well..." Inspected Count Astros "You're quite heavy handed barging in here all by yourself, unless you have the strength to back it up. And perhaps over confident."

Astros lashes out with a devastatingly accurate chop to the neck, with all his hundreds of years as an assassin he could split bone with his hands. Ordo deftly raises his elbow, catching the worst of the attack. Astros follows up with a short series of punches angled at every limb, but Ordo deflects the damage, catching the last punch with the inside of his elbow.

"So am I in?" Insists Ordo.

"Yes" he concedes "I never truly intended to kill you. If what you say is true... you have the Thu'um... then we'll need you on our grand quest. We seek to destroy Alduin, united as the Brovahkiin, and we can hardly do that without being united." He draws a hidden blade from his boot and slashes the binds in half.

"Right then, about these chests..." He quickly gets out a lockpick and nudges closer to them. SNAP! "Dammit..." CLICK! "A'right there you go" he calls and hurries to the next.

Count Astros walks over to the chest and raises the lid.

"Oh, fantastic!" He beams "This really is a daedric bow... I used to be a grandmaster archer actualy. Lost my damned bow when a mammoth crushed it. So... we need to share these items around."

Another click sounds from the second chest, and Ordo moves onto the last chest.

"I reckon I'll make the most effective use of this bow. If you don't mind." He lifts it from its chest and straps it to his back. "But I'm not one for light armour or magic. You decided who gets the armour and mask" He calls over to Ordo.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    (I need to keep this moving, so you guys decide who got what later, someone wants to join in)

Brenlya and Ordo each took thier prize from one of the chests and reformed, ready to continue.

"That grand door over there" said Astros, extending a thin grey finger "has a very complex lock... I'll bet whatever's behind it should really stay there"

"Well we aren't gonna' just turn away now are we?"

"Quiet Ordo. We'll need stealth and cunning to kill or get past this thing. I don't know how much experience you have of dwarven ruins, but they always keep the most valuable possessions in the depths, guarded by thier most powerful constructs"

"We both have bows now, Astros. We can pick them off from a far"

"and I'll distract them and hack them up. You just watch"

Count Astros navigates the lock with a suspicious precision and the door swings a jar. He gestures for the others to follow him.
    The room opens out into a vast cavern of gleaming polished orange-brown metal. Metal floor, metal walls, metal ceiling, metal doors. The entire place could withstand a mammoth stampede a hundred times over. Astros picks up a heat signal with his crystal eye, whips his head around to stare directly into the eyes of an identical dunmer figure cloaked in black just 20 strides away.

The figure makes a sweeping gesture with his cloak, vanishing from sight. The door behind them crahes shut as the room begins to fill with an ominous red smoke, extending from the point where the dunmer stood.

"Dammit!" screams Ordo, turning back to the door. He tries to break open the lock, but the edges of the door start to melt, fusing it to the door frame.

"Take these!" orders Astros, drawing an execution hood from his satchel and ripping it into three strips. He stretches it across his mouth and ties it behind his head, as Brenlya and Ordo do the same. "keep low and go around the side"

Brenlya catches Astros shoulder, pulling him out of the way as a dwarven dagger cuts the air across his face, sticking into the wall. A new figure, a young Nord, emerges from the smoke witha glazed stare struck across his face. His eyes are an un natural purple hue and the prominent veins all over his skin tighten as he draws his weapon.

Daenin had never saw it coming. He was tracking down a cave bear during a rain storm when all of a sudden his body froze, his muscles seized, and he lost control of all of his actions. And that's the last thing he remembers until now as he gains small glimpses -mere triffles of images- of events unfolding before him that are out of his control. He doesn't remember how he came into the dark room, doesn't remember how he left and ended up in this metal hallway, nor does he understand how his own hand grabbed the dwarven dagger from his belt, and flung it across the hall at the strange silhouette at the end. Daenin fights within himself, trying to take control of his muscles, his body, and stop what he feared what was about to happen from coming to be. His arms lift again, reaching for the bow behind his back -a beautifully crafted dwarven bow forged by his uncle in his village- and knows exactly what his body is trying to commit. And inside his mind he screams and yells at the strange silhouette to run, for if he unleashes his power upon it it will surely die.

Fioran

gooby pls
    Fioran was camping out in Aftand, he had stumbled upon the dwemer ruin after getting caught pickpocketing a farmer. He had decided to hide out in there until they decided to leave him alone, he heard some noises of people talking. He moved over to a ledge to investigate, looking down, he saw a formidable vampire Dunmer, a nord, and a weak redguard. He knew trying to attack them would result in his death. So, naturally, he did.
    An arrow flew from his elven bow, barely missing Astros' knee by inches.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    Ordos hand went for his blade. He gripped it tight as if he was suspended from the golden parapets that encircled them, peering down onto the unfolding scene. His stance shifted. His heart beat paced faster and faster.
    He muttered under his breath "Daenin... It's you..." his tone grew feirce and his muttering grew into a shout
    "I've waited three years for this!" he drew his sharpened sword with a violent sweep "Do you remember MY BROTHER!? He died with AN ARROW IN HIS THROAT!"

Ordo charged through the poisonous mist with his sword ready to sever the head of the dark Nord figure, and with the force of a pouncing sabrecat swung his sword round in a perfect arc, destined for Daenins throat...

A cold white hand lashed out through the fog at Ordo, carving into his face and gripping with bone-shattering force. Before Ordo could finish his attack he vanished into a dispersing cloud of blood red fog which spread across the floor like dry ice. As the darkness thickened around him, Ordo lost all track of time and place and even life.

A dremoric grin spread across Daenins face, glinting off the polished walls as he raised his bloodied finger towards Brenlya and Astros, still backed against the far wall, as if to say 'you're next'. Inside he couldn't believe it... 'After all this time... all this way... the brother of the Orc guard? Could it truly be?'