• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What Race Did/Would You Choose?

• Altmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argonian

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Bosmer

• Breton

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Dunmer

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Imperial

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Khajiit

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nord

• Orc

• Redguard

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

BlazeGlory

Personally for this build I'm using Imperial, But feel free to use whatever race you want.

500px-SkyrimWreckOfTheBrnehammer03.jpg
"I was born on this ship, I thought I would die on this ship, As did my father and his father. Until I was on my way to Skyrim and we ran into a brutal storm. I've crashed my ship, My whole crew has gone to Sovngarde, And while trying cross the border to return to Cyrodiil, I was captured by an Imperial Ambush"

The Build:

As a pirate you have no reason for armor, You're the best swordsmen in all of Tamriel, Your strikes are quick and deadly, You run in and give them a good hack and retreat back until you find the time to do it again, Your weapon: None other than the deadly Scimitar. Your mission: Pillage Skyrim. You don't care about nord ancestry or the things that were left for them, You care about getting rich, and becoming the most feared pirate since Captain Velehk Sain.

Major Skills:

One-Handed - Your primary source of damage and what your life has been dedicated to.
(recommended: Armsman 5/5, Fighting Stance, Bladesman 3/3, Savage Strike, Critical Strike.)

Restoration - If you have no armor you need some kind of help right? Plus you'll be able to make a nice profit off of the potions you no longer need to use to heal yourself.
(recommended: Novice to Adept Restoration, Regeneration, Respite, Recovery 2/2, Avoid Death.)

Alteration - 5 words. Mage Armor and Magic Resistance.
(recommended: Expert Alteration, Mage Armor 3/3, Magic Resistance 3/3, Stability)

Enchanting - Whether it be health or magic bonus you must use everything available to you to make up for the simple fact that you wear clothes and not armor. And a Scimitar with a drain health and flame enchantment is devastating, You may want to have one for soul trapping as well, unless you wish to use the spell.
(recommended: Enchanter 5/5, Corpus Enchanter, Insightful Enchanter, Extra Effect)

Speech - Getting the best price is important for a greedy dog such as yourself. Your so good with your tongue that you could buy something from a shopkeeper and sell it right back to him for twice what you paid!
(recommended: Haggling 5/5, Bribery, Allure, Merchant)

Minor Skills:

Pickpocket - Your fingers were made for something, and that something you've practiced for many years.
(recommended: Light Fingers 1/5, Night Thief, Cutpurse, Extra Pockets)

Lock Picking - All the best stuff is always locked away. So from childhood your father and his goons have taught you how to pick the locks and get the reward inside.
(recommended: Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Expert, Golden Touch)

Smithing - Better smithing, Better scimitar.
(recommended: Steel Smithing, Arcane Blacksmith)

For the clothing I recommend going to the shop in Solitude because they have almost everything you could want and its pretty cheap. (unless you don't enjoy being addressed very rudely) And so you don't have to start the quest "In My Time of Need" here's your first scimitar!

1stScimitar.jpg

Good Luck on your adventures you stinky bastards!

xsneakyxsimx

To me, a Redguard suits this build, mainly because you hear about Redguard sailors within the game and the lore. Plus they have bonuses to some of the skills that you plan to use (although that is of little worry).

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
A Khajiit for me. They seem to scream "corsair" and would really evoke the Barbary trader of the 1700's - silks, spices and sabres!

Or I am possibly reading too much into that.

BlazeGlory

I use Imperial for the luck ability and the +10 restoration. But Redguard was a close second

BlazeGlory

A Khajiit for me. They seem to scream "corsair" and would really evoke the Barbary trader of the 1700's - silks, spices and sabres!

Or I am possibly reading too much into that.

Don't forget Skooma!

Twiffle

Another build who wastes his time putting perks into lockpicking.

Please, please dont bother with the lockpicking tree, use the perks elsewhere, a little practice and you will open master locks with a skill of 15, it really is the worst tree in the game, just ask others they will tell you also,

just my 2 cents dont be offended.

BlazeGlory

Please, please dont bother with the lockpicking tree, use the perks elsewhere, a little practice and you will open master locks with a skill of 15, it really is the worst tree in the game, just ask others they will tell you also,

Hey, none taken, and if your bad at picking locks just go find the skeleton key :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You might be. Plus I imagine they don't take too kindly to the trading of fur... :p
But they're cats! They wouldn't want to get wet. Besides, imagine drying off - it would take forever!

Daelon DuLac

Absolutely agree. This is my 3rd legendizing of lockpicking. The only reason I put any perks in it at all is to get them back when I hit 100. To me there's no difference between 15 and 95 in lockpicking. It still gets done.

Daelon DuLac

Me - I chose Argonian. They're waterproof and can breathe water. To me, the perfect sailor. Besides, their sibilant accents would sound so good saying "Argh Matey!" and "Batten down the hatches!":)

Twiffle

Me - I chose Argonian. They're waterproof and can breathe water. To me, the perfect sailor. Besides, their sibilant accents would sound so good saying "Argh Matey!" and "Batten down the hatches!":)

An the curved tails would match the curved swords .. curved. swords.. :cool:

BlazeGlory

My Imperials "crew" is Argonian... They come in handy when a treasure map leads you to the middle of the sea.

Clau

The Fateless One

Stanley Ramsrud

With AC4 coming soon i was thinking of a build similar to this, yet it will probably end up being a merge between pirate (light warrior/thief) and assassin... But +1 from me on the build idea

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I....... I think I've fallen in love with the idea of this. Honestly, I don't know why, maybe because I've run out of ideas for builds, or because I might ACTUALLY play an argonian for once. Eh, maybe a redguard instead, in any case thank you so much for the idea! The only thing I would do is use destruction rather than destruction for the simple fact that I would want a form of ranged attack and potions are plentiful.

Joshua Price

The Dark One
I'm just wondering, do you use dw for this build or not?

Patches

Well, for a while (and I must admit, she still is!) Patches was a pirate, a true pirite that refused to use anything other than Deathbrand's stuff. She still loves her Deathbrand armor and swords, but she has recently discovered Daedric armor...

Ender

I would go Nord. Spec entirely in smithing, one handed, light armor and alchemy. Go straight for Deathbrand Armor set and Bloodscythe/Soulrender. Spare perks would go towards blocking. I would go Alteration to avoid doing any board n sword action but then it would require magicka. Id rather put every point into 50/50 Health/Stam

AS88

Staff member

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts