Xbox 360 Shadowmere not appearing glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
On my second character I'm working on the Dark Brotherhood quests. Now while Shadowmere showed up for me on my first character, he has not on my second. I've tried restarting my console, as well as all the saves that I could.

Pretty much just shows that black puddle bubbling and that's it. It's annoying, but not a game breaker for me. I can easily get around without a horse, I just want to give others the heads up if it happens to them.

Doomsloth

I had the same glitch on my second character. However, I had gotten the character about as far as my first character, so I decided to go ahead and delete the first character as a sort of experiment. Even deleting my first character's data (using the xbox data controls not just deleting it in the game) didn't make Shadowmere appear for my second character. The water just keeps bubbling and I receive credit for "Beholding Shadowmere." In addition, when I fast travel now my NORMAL horse no longer goes with me.

Would love to know a way to fix this without a console command, as for unknown stupid reasons you can't access console commands on CONSOLES.

Zach Attack

Ok so I just ran across this bug on my second run around skyrim. Turns out that shadowmere spawned at the whiterun stables for me. But he only apears at whiterun stables for a second then disappears. So to fix this, fast travel to whiterun stables, he will disappear, fast travel back to the dark brotherhood sanctuary, and he should be in the bubbling spawn water. If this doesn't work then i would recommend fast traveling to every stable you have been to and fast travel back. Hope this helps

Doomsloth

Zach is right, Shadowmere did the same for me, appearing not at Whiterun but at the Solitude stable (the stable my current horse was purchased from) then teleporting back to the sanctuary pool after I spotted her there.

Thank you sir for saving me from sadness!

bri2ny

I made an account just to confirm. I was having the same issue, but visiting the stables where you bought your current or last horse you owned will make Shadowmere appear for a mere second, then disappear. Just go back to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary and Shadowmere should appear in the little bubbling pool. Thanks for this thread, guys.

Flabby Whale

hey guys-i have this problem too, but i didn't buy a horse-i threatened that man in riften(forgot his name) during the quest to steal maven black briar's horse (frost), so that i could keep it.
because of this, i did own a horse, but i never got one from a stable- should i just fast travel to maven black briars house or what?
also frost was killed a couple of quests before i got shadowmere if that changes anything

Acarius

So I have had this same problem. I cannot go back and reload a save, and I have never owned a horse or done the Louis Letrush quest, Yet Shadowmere is not appearing. I am getting P***ed off at this as I had the same issue on my second character and assumed it was the game so restarted from the beginning and tried it on this game. I don't know what the issue is but if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I have completed the Dark Brotherhood Questline, so there is no going back for me.
I have also tried all the above suggestions to no avail and am on a console, so I can't cheat.
Thanks

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts