• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    The Civil war in Skyrim is over. Ulfric Stormcloak victorious. However, in the longer view, the war has only just begun. An alliance is formed between the Empire and Skyrim. Powerful warships are built, to sail for the Somerset Isles, and the Thalmor forces are immediately recalled to defend their beloved homeland. Mercenaries and pirates are more than eager to offer their services. This is a whole new type of war, with people of unimaginable power crossing blades. No quarter is to be given or expected. Both sides have been anticipating this war for decades. Now only strength of arms and the cleverness of minds will determine victory. But darker forces have seen their opportunity and are moving to bring ruin to Tamriel as it is known.

Rules

1- No God modding

2- No one line posts.

3- No Dragonborn and no shouts. None of us are the Dragonborn

4- Absolutely no one line posts, I am begging you!

5- You can create NPC's if you see the need.

6- You can have up to two player controlled characters.

7- Enjoy this RP, it should be a good one!

GUIDELINES

Ok, so we'll start this with the Stormcloak/Imperial ships beginning their attack on the Dominion forces. A short naval battle, and ground battle. After that the allies will set up a beachhead, and the war will commence. To be clear, the rp starts with the allies approaching on their ships.
    Pirates and Mercenaries come in slightly later, and offer their services to either side.
    We will start the RP once we have three to six people, but it will remain open. Pirates and Mercenaries obviously don't have to, as they can choose and change sides at will.
    Please have your introduction posts give your characters background as they approach and then start their fight. This gives us a feel for you character.

Here is our faction roster as of now. Please alert me if I marked you wrong.

Men(Imperials/Stormcloaks: Vixen Blackbriar, GuardianCren1812

Elves(Dominion): Aerinir, Anwrise888, Madrar (If he is on board)

Mercenaries: Zhengi, MagicBlade.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Hermiana pulled her hair back, clipping it with the ornate piece her grandmother had given her.
    "For good luck dear," she'd said.
    Hermiana had smiled, noting the beauty of the simple piece. It was black and purple, with inset amethyst and ebony detailing. It was probably the most expensive thing her family owned. Holding it in her hair as she dispatched of the Thalmor was the least she could do. She heaved a sigh as she looked at the massive boat in front of her. Men climbed aboard, loading whole boxes of explosives and armor. She wasn't much for battle. Or boats. Mostly boats. She gulped back, taking the first steps onto the ship, already feeling queasy. A few of the men turned and looked, noticing her very... feminine form. She scoffed at them, quickly dismissing the looks. She wasn't much into sailors. She had already gotten her assignment, unfurling the paper to look at her post.
    Lookout. Crow's nest.
    She felt her eyes widen.
    "By the Nines, this had better be a joke," she said, looking up at the mast that climbed up into what seemed to be the heavens. She climbed up to the foot of the mast, looking at the pathetic ladder that mounted up to its side. She gulped again, grabbing hold of the first rung. She wasn't scared of heights, but being on a boat in such a... vulnerable position didn't exactly sit well with her. She made it to the top, looking out at the endless blue ahead. The benefit to the position was that she felt important to the ship. She bit her nail, looking down at the boat. She was fine for now. As soon as the thing started to move, she knew she'd be heaving over the side. She sat in the stool that looked over the side of the nest, ready to catch sight of what might lay ahead. She had a feeling this wasn't going to be a traditional cruise.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    In the cabin of the ship, there was a man hunched over a desk. His quill stroking across the parchment like a sword. To an observer it may have looked graceful, but it was written in an ugly hand. The bearded Nord looked at his journal entry.

First Seed, 4E 211

The second Great War is here. The independent kingdom of Skyrim has started gathering support. The empire though wounded cannot deny the alliance presented to them from High King Ulfric. Hammerfell and High Rock are a bit more cautious though they are giving support. It seems the Argonian's of Black Marsh are not going to rally to the Human's cause. Well where do I stand? Kale asked me that today. We have lived, sailed, and pillaged with pragmatism at the core of our principles. The question is what is our best interest? I was approached the other day in Dawnstar. He was shrouded in darkness. He was dressed like a Thalmor, but no one made a move against him. Kale wasn't there, and I was deep in my cups. We had talked for less than an hour, but I knew he had me beat. He threw down a large coin-purse, and a paper with a list of ships and their routes. The implications were obvious. The ships were obviously part of the Empire and Skyrim's supply lines. I haven't had time to talk to Kale about this.

The Nord sighed, and set his quill down. Dammit, he cursed. I am the captain, I have to make up my mind. He stood up from his chair and put on his crimson and gold-trimmed coat. He stepped out of his quarters. Onto the deck of his ship, The Potema's Revenge. He started walking up the stairs toward his second at the wheel. Kale was massive for a redguard and though it was cold this far north in Skyrim he was shirtless. They exchanged glances and the Nord faced the front of his ship. And he yelled for the crew to set sail. They raised his flag, for these were lawless waters and they had to show they were not to be molested. Captain Bloody-Sails looked at his flag, a skull with four swords in a diamond formation. This formed a crude reference to the Thieves Guild's personal symbol. The Captain pulled out a bottle of Argonian Ale and took a swig offering it to his first-mate. Both had wide smiles, after all they were on their way. With a bellowing laugh from her captain, the ship began to leave port to set off from Stros M'Kai.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Axel sat in his cabin below top deck. He was toying with his steel dagger, spinning the point over the wooden table. Laying on the table was a simple map, outlining where the ship was going. He was simply wearing his white tuic, and brown leggings. He promptly sat up when a loud knock interrupted his thoughts. "Come in.." The door opened to reveal a short, raggedly dressed man with a sack in his hand. "This is from Cap." efef The man rushed his words, in obvious panic. He knew Axel was not a man to annoy, and the ship worker thought not to stay for long. He almost ran to the table, and plopped the bag down. There was an obvious sound of metal, and at that Axel smiled. "Leave..." The man was shocked, and he remained in his panicky position. Axel knew what to do "LEAVE!!" he yelled in his loudest voice, his gruff tone echoing through the small room. The man let out a cry of fear, and ran and slammed the door behind him. Axel chuckled to himself. It is going to be fun, he thought. He began rummaging through the bag, seeing the sacks of gold. "Heheheh.... can't say no eh?" Axel muttered to himself. He sat back, plopped his feet up on the table, and thought of the things he would spend his new earned gold...

Harc

Big Hog
    Aerinir sat with the Aldmeri council. Within the city of Cloudrest, stood the most prestigious Aldmeri building, the tower of Alinor. Built in honor of the first Aldmeri ruler, king Alinor. In the chamber of discussion sat Grand Mage Aerinir, Chief Commandant Falryion, and the Imperial Admiral Valhikar. All of which lead the 3 branches of military in the Thalmor. Also, within the room stood 4 of the royal Guardians. And last but not least King Arcano. The topic of discussion: the Skyrim Civil war. "Well then, it seems we have a slight problem." Said Arcano.
    "Well it seems the Legion and Stormcloaks are joining forces to attack Alinor, at least that's what Elenwen reports." Said Falryion.
    "I would think your strong mighty soldiers might be able to crush the rebellion, guess not." Said Valhikar to Falyrion.
    "Well at least I'm attempting to liberate Skyrim! Instead of commissioning Fleets around the Sea Of Ghosts!" Said Falryion.
    Aerinir sat quietly listening to the rabble of Valhikar and Falryion.
    "Enough! I didn't come to spectate 2 children fight, I called upon this meeting to discuss a battle plan. Aerinir, you haven't said anything. Why don't you suggest something?" Said the King.
    Aerinir was always a great battle strategist, he's put down countless rebellions within Alinor and Valenwood. Aerinir said: "Well, if they come by ship, then their first attack will most likely be upon my tower in Firsthold. Valhikar should commission a fleet of Thalmor vessels to guard around Firsthold, while Falryion sends a regiment of Thalmor soldiers to back up the shores and defend the tower. While I send my wizards and mages within your vessels and ground units." "A good and easy plan indeed, all in favor of the Grand Mage's plan, say Aye." The high court all said aye and the plan was in effect. Aerinir had proven himself worthy once again.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar stood before the boarding ramp, Stone-Fury held proudly over his shoulders. He felt his heart race, knowing that once he stepped on the boat there was no turning back. There would be only the voyage to battle. It was an opportunity he couldn't deny, a chance to battle the enemy on their own soil. Needless to say, his decision was final within moments.

The boarding ramp began to creak in strain as the giant man strode up it carefully, sighing in relief once he was finally on deck. Many of the sailors glanced at him with pale faces; between his massive stature and his wicked looking weapon of choice, the barbarian wasn't a very welcoming sight.

The overseer seemed to work up enough courage to hand him a small scroll that told him his assignment. Crengar's eyes narrowed as he crumpled the scroll in a tight squeeze before opening his hand to let the wind carry it away, leaving a very defiant message to the overseer. "I go where I'm needed." spoke Crengar in his most civil tone, though even that held a commanding depth that put a sweat in someone's brow. He volunteered to offer his strength to the Imperials in the upcoming battle for no cost other than food and drink, preferring not to give any reason to be bossed around.

With his great strength, Crengar helped manage the hoisting and collapsing of the sails and the weighing of the anchor, as well as assisting with anything the crew may have had trouble with.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    As the ship finally left the docks, Hermiana could feel excitement brewing in her stomach. Or was that just the onset of nausea? Probably nausea. She groaned, noting the movement of the water from the side of the ship. If this ride got bumpy, she'd be blowing chunks in no time. Really making an impression as the only woman she could see aboard the ship. And she could see pretty much everything from where she was. The movement of the water as the boat cut through the ocean, the clouds, the birds, the men hauling and moving like ants just to get the boat on course. It'd begun. She sat back, stretching and trying to relax and enjoy the beauty of the sea. After all, it wasn't the ocean Hermiana hated, it was the boats. Damned things moved too uneasily. She tried to focus on other things, keep herself from noting the worsening uneasiness in her stomach. She kept watching for the horizon. Waiting. Patient. Waiting for the first sign of land. Or worse. The first sign of enemy sails.
    "How's everything looking up there?" one of the men's voices rang out.
    "Crystal clear so far. Hopefully everything stays that way!"

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    As soon as the ship set off, Crengar quickly realized this was his first time at sea...and has yet to grow his sea legs. The slightest sway would send Crengar stumbling around the ship like a marble on a tilting frying pan, leaving any sailors in his path leaping out of the giants way until he finally decided to just lean on the mast, holding an arm around it for dear life. "I don't think this ship wants me on board." he mused humorously as he grinned at the other sailors.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Myra sat in the garden quietly with her family, waiting for her Grandmother to finish speaking. She wasn't really interested in what she was saying, probably something about her Grandfather's new position in the war. She was a good child, though, so she didn't dare drift off. Of course, she couldn't help it. Today, like most days, she was wondering what she could do with her life. As nobility, she wasn't really allowed to do much. As a woman, she wasn't really allowed to do much. But as a mage with her skill...

"Myra, you know, we're looking for recruits. Your father tells me you're become a very powerful mage. We could use someone who knows what she's doing. Of course, the Thalmor Legion's are also an excellent way to meet a man.", her Grandfather's wise voice interrupting her Grandmother's. She looked up in interest. "Father, I keep telling you, we don't want an arranged marriage for her!", her father told him. She held up a hand to him. "You mean, I could join the Thalmor?", she asked intrigued. She turned to her parents in excitement. "Can I?", she said with pleading eyes. Her father sat with a shocked face. "Oh, thank you! I'm going to go enlist right now! I've got my things, and they give you your uniform there, and everything!" She jumped up and ran out the door. "You won't regret this!", she yelled in a final goodbye, slamming the door. Her family looked at each other. "I was only joking, you know.", her grandfather said quietly. "She should still go, though. She needs experience with the real world, not just with the island."

Myra ran to the enlistment office, and almost burst through the doors, then walked up to the desk. "Excuse me? I'd like to enlist.", she told the officer. "I'm sure you do. Name?", the officer said in a sarcastic manner, looking up, suddenly aghast with horror. "Lady Aredreyn... General Aredreyn's Grandaughter! My apologies, my Lady. You'll need to speak with the Captain, right away. Welcome, to the ranks!", he said bowing. He led her away, and she was beaming. She was finally going to get to do something in her life.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Kale looked out over the sea, and then up at the stars. It was late but he preferred the open air, he looked at the helmsman that took over when Kale slept. He was nervous, for him and his captain. They had been together for a while and he was worried by the captain's recent erratic behavior. He sighed as he watched the sky, things seemed to quite to the large redguard. A calm before the storm, Kale mused.