• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rown

Hey everyone thought I'd try writing a journal about the adventures of a young wood elf named Anjolf II. I have taken on some gameplay restrictions mostly inspired by Bigwoolys thread here http://skyrimforum.com/threads/skyrim-hardcore-playstyle.2832/ and they are as follows.

Restrictions:
- difficulty set to 'master'
- HUD set to 0%
- only carry 30% of what game allows
- only carry 30 arrows max
- no use of potions while in immediate combat
- must fully sheath weapon to use a potion
- not allowed to use magic other than power and shouts (for character role playing)
- Only 2 lock picks may be used per lock
- not allowed to steal from or harm friendly or neutral characters
- not allowed to harvest unreasonable items (if a dead elk has a garnet don't take it)
- do not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks (like conditioning; heavy armor weighs nothing)
- must sleep for at least 8 hours every day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must restore at least 5% of your health every day (through food, meals or potions)
- no use of smithing or enchanting (must find/purchase all gear)
- may only use sneak sparingly (no hit-and-run-hit-and-run style of play allowed)
- not allowed to swim while wearing armor (and not allowed to enter freezing water)
- may wear any type of armor but should strive for heavy armor
- must apply level points to health and stamina in a 2-1 fashion
- may not use in-game map unless at a known location
- not allowed to fast travel unless by cart
- no use of exploits
- not allowed to cut wood for money
- may only use manual saves before sleeping (resting)
- when character dies must load from a previous manual save
- may only use auto-saves in the event of a game freeze
- if character dies must sleep at an inn for 7 days and pay for 7 meals

In addition to this, everything that was necessary to pick up in the beggining sequence of the game I have dropped at the end of the cave. I have my footwraps and my tunic in my inventory.
I wanted a different feel and flavor from bigwoolys journal so I decided on a Bosmer (well half bosmer half nord as you will see ). Here is the backstory!

The afternoon sun warmed Anjolf's back as the axe split the last log in two. He could see his mother walking back from the smith having her axe and armor repaired. She had joined the stormcloaks a year before and was on one of her rare visits to Helgen to see her son. She was a tall nord woman she always joked that anjolf's father was three hands shorter than she, not uncommon for a Bosmer man, Ajnolf was proud he was only one hand shorter.

Anjolf had never had a taste for battle, though his mother was a warrior and his father had been a ranger of valenwood, so he was told. His mother took him from valenwood at a young age, his father was never home longer than it took to restock his rucksack.

His mother wasn't walking he now realized but running. No sooner had this dawned on him then he saw her fall flat on her face an arrow in her back and a man in imperial steel 20 paces behind her. The imperial soldier notched another arrow and aimed at Anjolf. Anjolf was swift but not altogether fast, until that moment. He ran, and as he ran he saw more soldiers pouring into helgen. There was a space where the fence was low behind his neighbors house. he had used it as a quick way out of town when he was feeling a little clostrophobic, now it allowed him one final leep out of Helgen, never to see the bottom of his feet again.

Tirdas, 18th of last seed, 4E 201

I have been in Riverwood now for two days, This is where my feet carried me when I fled Helgen. I can see smoke still rising from the hills. I never understood why my mother joined the stormcloaks, she always told me after I chided her enough that it was so I could be free. I Have only the Nord blood that she has given me, and I will use it to become a stormcloak myself one day.

Now my feet are wet from a day of hunting in the rain with no boots, I caught a few salmon and gathered some herbs and even managed to pin a small deer against a cliff long enough to break it's neck. I tell you it was the most violent thing I have ever done, But I was hungry, and anger was still hot in my veins. I have room at the Sleeping Giant Inn Which I will be getting my coins worth from in a few minutes. I forsee being in riverwood until I can save enough for a meager weapon, mabye some boots. I feel very vulnerable as it stands and don't wish to venture much further than I have to. The wolves would make quick work of me as I stand now.

I have hope for tomorrow, the night sky is clear and promises a warm dawn, I am full and have a bed to sleep in. I may even work up the courage to punch out a wolf, if only it came down to courage alone...

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Sounds good so far. You should try and be a bit more detailed.also how did you kill a deer they are nere impossible to catch with your fists

Rown

Middas, 19th of Last Seed, 4E 201

It seems you don't need to step far from the borders of riverwood to find something that is waiting to kill you. Today was a humbling day.

I started out this morning with something that I now consider joy, for the first time in nearly a week. It was warm and bright as I had predicted! The salmon have all but left the little basin of the river where they seem to feed and rest after the long and tiring swim up the many waterfalls to the north. This being the case I turned my attention to the river bank where i saw a rabbit, i caught it in my hands and shook it once firmly, my first claim of the day.

I followed the road north a short distance until it forked into a path to left and the road continuing straight, I saw a fox bounding up the path so i gave chase. My first and least deadly blunder of the day, the fox led me straight into the mouths of two wolves. I know I made bold claims in my writings last night but all the courage I might have had melted out of me as I ran towards the river. One wolf got a snap at my leg as I ran and left a deep hole in my calf. The adreniline staved off the pain until I had plunged into the water. I was mere feet from the edge of the waterfall but I had made my decision. The wolves didn't come in the water after me, knowing they would get swept off the edge of the falls if they did. I plated my feet into the ground and walked to the other side of the stream.

I was safe, and wet. I went back towards riverwood along the stream and cleansed my wound in the cool water. I rubbed some blue mountain flower in the wound which I learned from a young age had healing properties, I scraped my knees more often than i care to admit.

Mabye it was the after effects of adrenaline or mabye I am harboring a death wish but I started laughing. Being this close to death twice in less than a week i found myself laughing. This is where I should have cut my losses and come back here to the inn, but I didn't.

I decided to go south and pick some flowers mabye see if there were salmon in any number upstream. I had gathered a good bundle of colorful vegitation as I climbed a hill. I was lost in a daydream mindlessly gathering herbs when I felt a rustle behind me and no sooner than that a Kajhiit was standing there with a knife ready asking me for coin or blood. I had too little of either to spare and I tried to persuade him of this to know avail. As he began to say something that I'm sure was about my death i pushed him as hard as I could and ran in the other direction. I turned a sharp corner around a rock face and crawled into the open end of fallen tree. The theif ran past jeering me as if I would reveal my hiding place because he insulted my pride. He searched the river bank and kept going in wrong direction. I sat in that tree trunk for what must have been two hours I was numb with fear and now the chill of evening. I had pushed too far and I knew it.

I was half cursing myself half willing myself to get up and run for town. My legs finally responded to my pleas and my knees straightened, aching from crouching for so long. I half ran half snuck to the river bank when I heard a howl from right behind me! I turned to see a wolf showing off his huge white teeth to me. I dont know why but I didn't run this time, I think I was tired of running and being scared. I cocked my arm back, willed blood into my fist to make it tough and strong and let it fly with the entire weight of my small Bosmer frame behind it. The wolf staggered back, turned to run from me and I chased it. I gave it another swing and hit it directly on the back of the head. This time it turned to face me. and bit me on the forearm. I mustered all my remaining strength and delivered a blow I wont soon forget to the middle of the wolfs forehead, it fell to the ground in a heap.

I dragged the carcass to town, the blacksmith was leaving his shop as I cam up to him and said "how much coin for this beasts pelt?" he gave me three and I took it. With the blood of the wold and some ground mudcrab chitin I made a dye my mother had shown me how to make. I applied the goopy pigment to my face in a pattern that my mother had told me was the warpaint of my fathers band of rangers in valenwood. It was used to show enemies and friends alike which area of valenwood you were protecting. I must say looking in my reflection I almost laughed again, I looked sillier than I was hoping, but I will grow to like it.

I am in my bed at the inn now, and hope the next time I write I will have a strong weapon in my hands or a taught bow on my back, I would even settle for a pair of warm boots. Now I will sleep until delphine yanks me out of this bed.

Rown

Sounds good so far. You should try and be a bit more detailed.also how did you kill a deer they are nere impossible to catch with your fists

Yeah, I will try to go into more detail as the journal continues. As for catching the deer it took a long time of trying to corner it against a cliff, when I finally did it took about 12 swings of the fist. It wasn't easy but the gold from the antlers and hide and meat made it worth it :) Thanks for reading!

Rown

Turdas, 20th Last Seed, 4E 201

It is only mid day, I am wasting valuable hunting time writing right now but I feel like im in savangarde! I travelled farther south this morning than I had since getting to riverwood, I got to a wide open lake with little islands dotting the surface I could see butterflies deer and fox, the place looked so alive! The sun was beaming, the brightest day in recent memory, and the lake beckoned me to swim.

I was paddling on my back as calm as the day, when i bumped into something hard. I rolled over in the water to see what it was and could hardly believe I had stumbled upon a shipwreck, in this lake! it seemed absurd but curiousty had taken strong hold of me. I dove about ten feet down to the deck of the sunken ship where I saw something glint in the water. I swam towards it, it was a small object whatever it was. I went up for air, took a huge breath and went back under to grab the object. When my hand touched the shiny edge I realized it was half buried under sand, I pulled hard and it gave good resistance but it came loose. It was a mace! an extremely old and rusty iron mace! A weapon at last. It was incredibly hard to swim to the surface and then to shore with the heavy iron weapon but I did it, I needed to do it. I marveled at my treasure in the sunlight, the only part of the mace not covered in rust was the one shining part sticking out of the sand.

I gripped it in my hand as it dried in the sun. It was heavy, but not too heavy, it had sharp edges at one time but it would serve its purpose still. The divine sent me a test for my theory. A wolf came crashing out of the brush and as if by reflex I met it's skull with the mace. My spirits are in the sky. I may grow to enjoy this new life.2012-01-02_00006.jpg

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
The picture was a nice touch. Very descriptive. Your story sounds a lot like the one I am playing so I can imagin what your doing

Rown

The picture was a nice touch. Very descriptive. Your story sounds a lot like the one I am playing so I can imagin what your doing

Thanks! I thinks it's cool how starting a character with these restrictions leads you on a similar path at least in the beggining. I'm going to try for another entry tonight but I'm in the process of packing up for school so we will see.

Rown

Turdas, 20th Last Seed, 4E201

I honor today with a second entry!

I made my way along the river bank south with my weapon carefully attached at my hip. I came to the end of the lake and thought about turning back towards riverwood but I had gotten such an early start this morning I decided to press on. This was also owing to the confidence a weapon can give a man. I walked through beautiful forest, tall pines swaying in the warm wind. I came to a clearing that echoed with faint sounds of a fight. I peared over a small rock outcropping in the middle of the clearing and saw a young man no older than myself battling for life and limb against a giant spider!

Before I could get over my shock the spider gouged the man in the chest with one of its huge spiked legs. He fell as if he had been dead for centuries. I waited and watched, only keeping one eye reaised above the rock, making as little sound as I possibly could. The spider started into the dense forest. When i was sure I didn't hear the crackling of its jaws anymore I stepped out from behind the stone. I went to the dead man, a Nord, yellow hair like the sun. He could have been a bandit, or a hunter, or just someone trying to make their way like myself. There was no way of knowing. He had a light but well crafted fur armor around his neck and some coin in his pocket. I took the armor, I would wear it because I was the only one to see this man die, mabye the only one who would ever know he was gone. I took an hour to drag to him the shore of the lake and sunk his body with a stone, I tossed the coins in after him.

I made my way to a town called falkreath, slightly larger than riverwood but not as friendly I must say. I got a bite to eat and had a chat with a few locals. There is a grim sense about this place. An older man asked me to deliver the ashes of his good friend to the priest in town. Death was following me today. I decided to take the job, this was an honor the young man from early would never recieve. I was payed 250 coins for my trouble, much more than I could have hoped for from such a meager task, the people of falkreath take death very seriously.

I used the coin to buy a bow from local smith. It was strong with metal ends, used for hunting he said. I knew my father was an excellent bowman but I had never touched one in my life. The twine did feel somehow...right, between my fingers. I purchased some arrows and headed towards the barracks to see if I could get some practice shots on there training dummies. The gaurds easily obliged, something I was not expecting. I think they were looking for some entertainment...

I provided them a great many laughs. Richocheting about 5 arrows off the rock face behind the dummies, nearly sticking myself with a few. But by the thietieth or so shot I was able to hit a few target in a row, while moving no less! I feel the elf in me had decided there was no way I could be that laughable with a bow.

The sun was turning orange by this time and as I looked up at it I saw a great ruin looming over the town. I asked a nearby gaurd, who had started to give me pointers what it was called. He said "south shriekwind bastion and you'll stay away if you want to ever shoot that bow again." I decided I would meet that challenge. I'd had enough of the gloominess of death, I wanted adventure and a thrill! I didn't even ask what I could expect to be waiting for me.

I climbed a steep rock face, scrabling along small cracks to reach the base of the stairs the ruins. I climbed the first flight and heard a crashing noise. I looked to my right and saw, I swear, a dead man rise from his coffin wielding a sword as black as his eyes. He got a swing into me as I raised my mace above my head and brought it down on his chest, he was much taller than I. The rotting skeleton stumbeled back I raised the mace again and brought it down but not before another sharp pain went ripping across my stomach. The creature fell to the ground, I dared not search its body. My new armor had been cut but saved my stomach from a deadly cut surely. As I was thinking this thought a skeleton, this time with no rotting flesh to speak of weilding a black axer and a shield appeared from around a corner. Knowing I could not take more than a slash from that axe I ran up the next flight of stairs and drew my bow. I let fly an arrow and it found its mark right in the eye socket of the undead. it kept advancing up the stairs. I drew again. I aimed slightly higher and loosed the killing, or re-killing, arrow. I would not touch these raised ghouls, I did not care if the anciet weapons they wielded would fetch a price or not.

I practically slid down the cliff edge into falkreath. headed straight for the alchemist who was just about to leave when she saw my open wounds. She gave me some healing solutions for a discounted price and helped me apply them. The magic in these potions is unbelievable, as I right this the scars on my chest and belly are barely visible, not two hours old. I thanked her for her miracels and she told me to be careful when fighting Drugar. I asked her what in talos' name they were and she told me they were ancient nords, why they were rising from their graves as of late no one really knew.

I purchased a hearty meal from the inkeep and drank two bottles of ale to myself. Tomorrow will not be another early start.

Rown

Sundas, 24th Last Seed, 4E201

I've been laid up here for four days, and four days too many! I picked up a bounty from the inkeep in riverwood before I left not 6 days ago, figured I might hold onto it until I felt ready. I left the dead mans drink in falkreath with some a few days food and some supplies for a long journey. The place looked to be at least a days journey.

I had walked half a day without seeing so much as a rabbit in my path. The road opened up on a vast plains. I couldnt even see the far reaches of it. I stepped off the road and made my way across, the badit camp at redorans retreat was somewhere out there. I made it mabye one hundred paces out when I heard a deafining roar and a giant moutain lion to accompany it! It got two claws in my back as I turned to run. For some divine reason the lion didn't chase me too far away from it's lair, mabye it had cubs to look after. I barely made it back to falkreath. everything I own is blood soaked.

I will probably have to spend a few more days in bed, I only have coin for two more but I can still hardly walk. I have learned the hard way, never get between a lion and her cub never ever ever ever.

Rown

You're doing great! Amazing how playing with the restrictions seems to make everything you do feel so epic, right? Loved the touch of throwing the coins in after placing the man in the lake. Nicely done!

Thanks alot! You really do get caught up in the details with such harsh restrictions, everything becomes either salvation or doom. just experienced my first death too... really heartbreaking.

BIGwooly

True indeed. The fact that gold is so hard to come by and death actually costs you gold has really put a lot of extra challenge into my play. I've had to make some really tough decisions because of that, like abandoning quests, etc. Sorry to hear you died but glad to hear you're enjoying this playstyle.

If it makes you feel any better, I have an overwhelming sense that I'm headed for doom in my next adventure. d;-)

Rown

Morndas, 24th Last Seed, 4E201

I left the Inn this morning not feeling altogether healed but the monotony of laying in bed all day has made me forget all caution. I will not tempt fate by going back out to redorans retreat so soon after my brutal attack. There has been word of many bandit camps popping up very close to Falkreath itself. This will make for a good training ground.

I set out north of falkreath at around midday, I used the very last of my coin to buy a decent meal before leaving. I had dreams of returning with coin to spare. I traveled for near a mile when I came upon a ruined old stone fort. I figured if bandits were known to be hiding out around these parts, they would not pass this place up. I had my fur armor synched tightly around my waist and neck, my mace was hanging from a special belt loop I had the smith craft for me while I was bed ridden, and my sturdy leather boots were warm and gripped the wet ground. My bow hung from my back, I was already more comfortable with it than my mace, I had never taken to anything so quickly in my life. I felt strong and ready.

I snuck into an old abandoned tower with a caved in roof, I crouched on the rubble and scouted the courtyard of the fortress. There were a few orcs roaming the ground and two archers perched in their wooden towers. And as quickly as it had come, my sense of readiness left me. I tried thinking of a way to pick them off one by one because I would surely lose outnumbered. I drew my bow and aimed for the furthest archer, if I was able to kill him silently enough the others wouldnt notice. I put an arrow to the twine and drew back. I waited in this position for a while, aiming, waiting for the perfect shot that wouldnt knock him off the tower. After about 2 minutes I let the arrow fly, it found its mark but did not kill instantly. The bowman didn't see me he only knew he had been shot. He called to his fellows and the all started running around without any sense of where to look, this was good i thought. I drew another arrow, let fly, and missed, another miss...another...then a hit and the archer was dead.

I counted 1,2,3,4...19 arrows left. I took the other archer out in two well place arrows, but now the two orcs knew where i was. They opened the gate and charged towards my tower. I drew an arrow crouched to keep the shot steady and aimed for the head of the closest orc. The arrow met his chest but it was good enough, the shot was exceptionally lethal. Now I had an angry orc charging me in old iron armor with a shield and sword drawn. too close to fire another arrow. I drew my mace but not with as much confidence as I needed. I turned and ran straight in the opposite direction the orc at my heels. No more than 20 paces and I heard three distinct howls and saw three dark shapes directly in my path. I made my peace with the world with a final silent prayer....I opened my eyes, the wolves had turned their gaping snarls towards the orc! The beasts downed the warrior and I prepared myself for a fight, but the wolves just looked at me with no agression and turned slowly, calmly away. I didn't understand and I still dont, but it felt like the wolves had obeyed a command I had unknowingly given.

I looted the bandits bodies, their forge also held some things of value. I left my old weapon behind and picked up a new steel mace off the workbench, It was sharper and more finely crafted. I now have a full set of heavy iron armor as well, I'm not sure how comfortable I am wearing some of it into battle just yet, it is very heavy and cumbersome. I have hauled the loot to a nearby camp set up by a few friendly hunters who have agreed to let me stay with them until dawn. We have just feasted on venison now I lay my head for a well deserved nights rest.

Grey Fox

Nicely done Rown. If you and BIGwooly keep up the journals, I'm afraid that I'll spend all my time READING about your adventures and neglecting my own!:D:D

Rown

Nicely done Rown. If you and BIGwooly keep up the journals, I'm afraid that I'll spend all my time READING about your adventures and neglecting my own!:D:D

hahaha, I guess thats a huge compliment so thanks! I got so engrossed in bigwooly's that I decided I had to try it or else I wouldn't ever play again and just be hanging on the edge of my seat for his next post.

Rown

Tirdas, 25th Last Seed, 4E201

I am sorting through all the equipment I looted and gathered from the courtyard of the bandit stronghold ( I have not even entered the fortress yet). I thought I would take some notes as to my prefrences and reasons for choosing certain armors and weapons, afterall what is an adventurer without his trusty equipment?

Protection

I will start with the feet. I tried the iron boots on and they certainly are sturdy and would protect my feet and shins from the most fiersome blows, but they are so heavy and they make a clamour when I move. I prefer my leather boots with their supple sole and sturdy shin protection I feel they are the right mix of protection comfort and mobility.

The Iron body armor is, again, very heavy but because it protects the areas of my body that are struck at the most, I am noticing, I will just have to nurture stronger legs! The armor is actually lined with comfortable leather and fur and the tightnening straps do allow for a good fit.

The iron gloves are Terrible! It takes me longer than it takes a Nord to apologize to draw an arrow. On top of that, combined with the weight of my weapon I would have to lift nearly 30 pounds everytime I ready my mace. The fur gloves I have been using so far seem to be my best option. They cover the top of my hand for protection while wielding a weapon, though not much, and allow me to grip an arrow tightly between my fingers. They are very warm and light as well.

It would be silly to wear anything but iron or steel on my head I've decided. An unarmored head is an invitation for decapitation. That may be my new motto...

Arms

This steel sword is a very tempting weapon. It is beautiful, light, sharp and sturdy. I see no real reason not to become a swordsman. Something about the weight of a mace, however, gives a certain confidence. Until I find a weapon that would be insane not to wield over my mace, I will continue to use this most ancient way of combat.

My bow! the bows the bandit archers were weilding are not different then mine in terms of design...but they have been used by bandits...so I will use them for firewood. I have a feeling for the wieght and for the taughtness of the twine. I wont be easily parted with it.

One of the orcs was carrying a shield, it is heavy and is cumbersome to carry but I just know I will regret not having its protection at some point. I have fashioned a very conveniet holster on my back out of some leather strips I found in the bandits forge area. I can slide it off my back with relative ease but it will be difficult to access quickly if caught off gaurd.

I havent convinced myself this is all worht writing down, but then again I dont know why I'm writing anything in this little book. I Knew only a few people, and they all burned in helgen. I must wright my thoughts and stories for fear that no one will ever hear them.

And when I do join the stormcloaks as my mother before me, mabye somebody will be interested in my story.

Rown

Sorry about the lack of entries, I've been moving back to my school for an independent study and have been very buys lately. blah blah I've got a little adventure to write about!

Rown

Middas, 26th last seed, 4E201

I set out this morning from the inn with more gold in my pockets than I've ever had, 400 something was my final count. My first taste of real success in this strange new life as an adventurer, vagabond, vengeance seeker, possibly each at the same time.

The day started off with a fine mist hanging in the air, it was thick and my iron armor gathered little drops of water as I ran through the dark green of the forest. I was bandit hunting. There were no bounties out for the bandits around falkreath, perhaps they were too new to the area, it didn't matter to me. I needed the practice. I saw a tower on a tall hill, it's top was missing but it was still rather imposing. I began to hike the steep rocks towards the foot of the tower. Outside there was the corpse of a spriggan, creatures that seem to be made of some kind of enchated wood, they hum with the very essence of nature. I have been avoiding spriggans for the past few days like a plague, their magic is much to powerful for me to combat. I foolishly ran past this warning through the front door, my hubris would not go unpunished.

A deep voice wondered aloud if anyone was there as the owner of the voice came walking down the inner tower stairs. He had a glowing aura around him and a fistful of what looked to be ice...he had no weapons to speak of or armor, this made me nervous. He saw me and let out a an icy blast from his hand that froze my blood and locked my muscles. With all the energy I could muster I unslung my sheild and mace and rushed towards him. I landed a heavy blow on his shoulder and he staggered, i unleashed again on this crazed mage. He cast a spell that didn't seem to do anything as he ran up the stairs away from me. I followed him up the stairs but I met with the purpose of the spell. He had raised an imperial woman from the dead, or from thin air I couldn't tell. She got a slash at my arm with her infernal dagger and the gash burned hotter than a wound made with steel. I delivered a deadly blow to her skull, she was weaker than a living human. I continued after the necromancer, he was at the far end of the towers second floor, we were in the open air. He blasted me with freezing magic again as i struggled through it towards its maker. I could hear my heart thumping heavy in my chest, I could not resist the icy torrent for another moment as I crashed my mace onto my enemy. He died a painful death not ten minutes after my final blow. I through his body off the tower.

The mage had set up a rather accomidating camp at the top of this tower overlooking most of the valley. A sturdy tent and a good place for a fire out of the wind. He had a chest where he kept his valuables, only 17 coin, a potion of health and a spell tome that fetched a good price in falkreath.

After selling my spoils I journeyed back to the tower. I will call this place home for a while to save a little coin. It is also a strategic location for someone who may be making enemies with the bandits of this region.

2012-01-08_00001.jpg

Rown

Midda, 26th Last Seed, 4E201

I can't sleep tonight, mabye it's the foul energy left by the mages necromancy. I just want to roam this beautiful valley tonight. Besides, bandits are usually nocturnal creatures.

I left my helmet at camp, it blocks my vision, something I can't afford in the darkness.

I reached the bottom of my hill and found a small group of elk grazing in the moonlight. I found the buck and loosed an arrow at his throat. I missed terribly and the elk scattered, if nothing else, shooting in the dark will improve my aim in the daylight. I followed a road, not sure where it was leading, I have a restless spirit tonight. I walked for near twenty minutes when I heard the unmistakable sounds of a fight. I crouched and approached. I jumped onto a grassy ledge and walked atop it until I was overlooking the scene. As I had suspected! A bandint trying to get away with thievery on the open road, the saftey of night would not protect him this time. He was attacking a nobleman by the looks of his clothes and the fact he had a horse tied up nearby. It was going wild at the sight of it's master being beaten. I drew an arrow and loosed it at the bandit, another miss! the bandit turned toward me but not before slitting the noblemans throat, that, I thought, was uncalled for.

I readied my mace and leapt from the cliff onto the bandit. We toppled over eachother, my head smashed into a rock and an overwhelming dull ache followed. I opened my eyes through the pain and saw that the bandit had also taken a bad fall and was recovering. I dont know how I stood I couldnt feel my legs through the rushing in my head but I did stand, and I let the weight of the mace do all the work on the murderer before me.

I took his gold pieces and a few arrows. I decided that I may as well take the coin from the nobleman, If I left him intact a bandit would surely come and steal everything from his corpse anyway. I would give him a decent burial him and use his gold to further fund my bandit hunting.

two hours later the nobleman was in the ground and the bandit was against a tree in plain veiw, I wanted the word to spread that thieves would not go unacounted for in these parts. I heard a whinny and turned to see the horse about 100 feet away. I went to it but as I neared it went wild nearly stomping on me with its front hooves. It was a large horse meant for a nord, and as a bosmer it probably saw me as a small rodent to be squished. I remebered that night with the wolves...when they seemed to obey me and attack the pursuing bandit. I reached my energy out to the horse, not a sense of love or peace, I merely...met the animals presence. It calmed and bent it's head down towards me and nudged my shoulder nearly knocking me back. I wonder if this gift is a token of my father. I could sense the animal felt at ease with me. I untied it and it looked at me. I looked back. It didnt move. I pushed but I was unable to move her (it was a her after a quick inspection). I was tired and didn't have the energy to get this horse to move. I laid in the noblemans bed roll, I trusted the horse to let me know if bandits were approaching in my sleep.

It is morning now, I only slept a few hours. The horse has only moved enough to find a fresh patch of grass to munch. I may have an extra mouth to feed...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts