Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Commodus

They see themselves as conquered because they are being dictated to on matters of religion by a race many of them view as 'inferior'. The perception of their race being emasculated by the Elvish outsiders is far more important than the reality of the situation.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
They see themselves as conquered because they are being dictated to on matters of religion by a race many of them view as 'inferior'. The perception of their race being emasculated by the Elvish outsiders is far more important than the reality of the situation.
Mind you there was no real issue until after Ulfric started making trouble. Nothing was enforced.

Docta Corvina

Actually your knowledge of lore saying the Nords were conquered is flawed, the Nords were who conquered the rest of Tamriel under the leadership of Tiber Septim. The Nords created the Empire the Stormcloaks are now trying to leave.

I took his words to coincide with Ulfric and Galmar's lines about the oppression at the hands of the Thalmor, the Empire and the Concordat. I could well be wrong in my assumption, but that's what I understood. :eek:

EDIT: I'm late to the party lol.

Squirrel_killer-

I took his words to coincide with Ulfric and Galmar's lines about the oppression at the hands of the Thalmor, the Empire and the Concordat. I could well be wrong in my assumption, but that's what I understood. :eek:

EDIT: I'm late to the party lol.
I am several days sleep deprived so I'm starting to feel it, thats why my arguments right now are so short.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Im not a perfect person, but neither am i one for partisan politics.
Everything in your post begs to the contrary as much of it's content ranges from extremely subjective interpretations, invective laced biased statements, and delusional assertions that require selective observation and intellectually dishonest ignorance of game content. If this is how you generally argue points then you're a poster child for partisan politics. It's an extremely flawed argument which Docta Corvina and Squirrel_killer- have already emasculated.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Actually your knowledge of lore saying the Nords were conquered is flawed, the Nords were who conquered the rest of Tamriel under the leadership of Tiber Septim. The Nords created the Empire the Stormcloaks are now trying to leave.
Tiber Septim =/= the Nords. Although he was a Nord, he served as the general of the armies of King Cuhleican, King of the Colovian Estates during the Interregnum and self-proclaimed Emperor of an Empire (in name only as it was comprised only of Cyrodiil and possibly not all of Cyrodiil at that).

Skyrim pledged fealty to the Empire after its armies, allied with the armies of High Rock, were defeated by Tiber Septim and the Colovian armies at the Battle of Sancre Tor, but Skyrim was never "conquered". Sancre Tor was a Colovian City and Septim and the Colovian armies never threatened to invade or conquer Skyrim. The kings of Skyrim joined the Empire out of an already existing distrust of High Rock and an attraction to Tiber Septim because of his charisma, his Nordic heritage and his status as a Tongue.

Tiber Septim eventually succeeded Cuhleican as the Emperor when Cuhleican was assassinated by a Breton who also nearly killed Septim himself, but his loyalty was always to the throne in Cyrodiil, and it wasn't the Nords that conquered the rest of Tamriel, it was an army comprised of Colovian, Nordic and Redguard Legions that had its origins in the Colovian armies that Tiber Septim originally commanded.

Squirrel_killer-

Tiber Septim =/= the Nords. Although he was a Nord, he served as the general of the armies of King Cuhleican, King of the Colovian Estates during the Interregnum and self-proclaimed Emperor of an Empire (in name only as it was comprised only of Cyrodiil and possibly not all of Cyrodiil at that).

Skyrim pledged fealty to the Empire after its armies, allied with the armies of High Rock, were defeated by Tiber Septim and the Colovian armies at the Battle of Sancre Tor, but Skyrim was never "conquered". Sancre Tor was a Colovian City and Septim and the Colovian armies never threatened to invade or conquer Skyrim. The kings of Skyrim joined the Empire out of an already existing distrust of High Rock and an attraction to Tiber Septim because of his charisma, his Nordic heritage and his status as a Tongue.

Tiber Septim eventually succeeded Cuhleican as the Emperor when Cuhleican was assassinated by a Breton who also nearly killed Septim himself, but his loyalty was always to the throne in Cyrodiil, and it wasn't the Nords that conquered the rest of Tamriel, it was an army comprised of Colovian, Nordic and Redguard Legions that had its origins in the Colovian armies that Tiber Septim originally commanded.
Thank you for correcting me. My lore is regrettably rusty and I am rather tired.

By the ways, my opinion is mainly based for fun. I'm on no ones side. As a Dark Elf(Lots of people thought they were Imperial Spies in Windhelm) I'm a Imperial Spy. But I kill imperials when no one is around when working for them. As in revenge. I also kill stormcloaks because I must. So as a fun way to play it. A corrupted secret Imperial Spy.

Rickysousa

IL Mentore
Unfortunately the Imperial supporting members from this site will try to think of anything to discredit you so be warn to get a nasty retaliation back at you

yeah no kidding

Rickysousa

IL Mentore
hey im back! quick question, my play style has led me over a variety of races and if one suits my play style its orc. They get all the perks in all the right places for me. But the inner me believes like a Nord, i want to be a stormcloak and help revive the worship of talos and i hate the high elves, but can an orc be a stormcloak? (obviously i know i CAN be one but it is lore friendly?) i dont really know what to do

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Right, that doesn't sound fascist at all :p !

If you understood the situation, you'd realize just how right Pierre Trudeau was when he did that. It was a terrorist cell going around Montreal looting Military armories and bombing buildings/mail boxes as well as kidnapping a politician (who was later found dead in the trunk of a car) because they believed in the separation of Quebec.

hey im back! quick question, my play style has led me over a variety of races and if one suits my play style its orc. They get all the perks in all the right places for me. But the inner me believes like a Nord, i want to be a stormcloak and help revive the worship of talos and i hate the high elves, but can an orc be a stormcloak? (obviously i know i CAN be one but it is lore friendly?) i dont really know what to do

Technically the only Lore-friendly acceptable Stormcloak race that I'm aware of is Nord. You can thank your buddy Ulfric for that one ;)

foraoise scath

Fourth World Country
After reading this entire thread (very amusing way to spend spare time) and making an account, i'd like to put in my input?

The A.D. are pretty much pissed off because ages ago they were pretty much gods/Aedra. The race that elves (or atleast Altmer) were descended from became mortal when the humans were created (i'm not exactly sure how, but that's what happened). They want to wipe out the other races (and Nirn) in order to become deities. I don't know if it'd work or fail, but that's their plan. (Or atleast what i've read). Even if they're not trying to ascend to the heavens, they are trying to wipe out mankind.

Which is why the Empire is the way to go. It's the only chance to stop the Dominion. If they lose Skyrim, they lose High Rock as well. It cuts off the connection. And without the Empire, Skyrim will fall. Without the trading influx the Empire brings in (East Empire Company, tons of merchants, crops and things that don't grow in the harsh tundras of Skyrim.)The economy will go down, and they'll pretty much be in a great depression.

Without the Legion, the only protection Skyrim will have is the Stormcloak Soldiers (a ragtag militia) and the Hold Guards. That isn't enough to protect them from the A.D. The Dominion could easily take Skyrim. It's a trained, organized army with the combined forces of three provinces. And the thing about it is, the type of units they have could demolish a group of barbarian warriors.

Skyrim wouldn't get help from Hammerfall or High Rock. The whole Reachman affair puts tension between the Bretons and the Nords, and Nords just aren't diplomats. They have a history of racism that would make the other people shut them out.

The few Stormcloaks that survive the onslaught would hide in the mountains, and slowly, the Stormcloaks and Nordic culture would cease to exist as Skyrim becomes a Dominion Province. The Dominion don't even need to take Cyrodil. Without the Empire, Skyrim loses the protection of the WGC and then can be attacked whenever. The WGC is protecting them, whether they like it or not.

However, with a unified Empire, they could rally up more soldiers. The Thalmor loses their advantage of surprise. While it would be hard to win, the Empire would have a chance.

This ended up being a lot longer than I thought it would. Oops.

J

Jeremius

After reading this entire thread (very amusing way to spend spare time) and making an account, i'd like to put in my input?

The A.D. are pretty much pissed off because ages ago they were pretty much gods/Aedra. The race that elves (or atleast Altmer) were descended from became mortal when the humans were created (i'm not exactly sure how, but that's what happened). They want to wipe out the other races (and Nirn) in order to become deities. I don't know if it'd work or fail, but that's their plan. (Or atleast what i've read). Even if they're not trying to ascend to the heavens, they are trying to wipe out mankind.

Which is why the Empire is the way to go. It's the only chance to stop the Dominion. If they lose Skyrim, they lose High Rock as well. It cuts off the connection. And without the Empire, Skyrim will fall. Without the trading influx the Empire brings in (East Empire Company, tons of merchants, crops and things that don't grow in the harsh tundras of Skyrim.)The economy will go down, and they'll pretty much be in a great depression.

Without the Legion, the only protection Skyrim will have is the Stormcloak Soldiers (a ragtag militia) and the Hold Guards. That isn't enough to protect them from the A.D. The Dominion could easily take Skyrim. It's a trained, organized army with the combined forces of three provinces. And the thing about it is, the type of units they have could demolish a group of barbarian warriors.

Skyrim wouldn't get help from Hammerfall or High Rock. The whole Reachman affair puts tension between the Bretons and the Nords, and Nords just aren't diplomats. They have a history of racism that would make the other people shut them out.

The few Stormcloaks that survive the onslaught would hide in the mountains, and slowly, the Stormcloaks and Nordic culture would cease to exist as Skyrim becomes a Dominion Province. The Dominion don't even need to take Cyrodil. Without the Empire, Skyrim loses the protection of the WGC and then can be attacked whenever. The WGC is protecting them, whether they like it or not.

However, with a unified Empire, they could rally up more soldiers. The Thalmor loses their advantage of surprise. While it would be hard to win, the Empire would have a chance.

This ended up being a lot longer than I thought it would. Oops.

However, without Skyrim trade between High rock and Cyrodil is nearly destroyed and they are forced to disband the empire leaving Cyrodil to itself which would Null and Void the WGC and the GW would be on again.

If it were up to me, The Thalmor would attack while the empire is busy with domestic issues, surprise the empire and win the war for good.

foraoise scath

Fourth World Country
However, without Skyrim trade between High rock and Cyrodil is nearly destroyed and they are forced to disband the empire leaving Cyrodil to itself which would Null and Void the WGC and the GW would be on again.

If it were up to me, The Thalmor would attack while the empire is busy with domestic issues, surprise the empire and win the war for good.

The Empire would still exist, it would just be Cyrodil, and the WGC would still exist, just only in that province. The GW is coming soon anyways, the 'peace' right now is a calm between storms.

The Thalmor are still attacking, it's just more of a cold war. Sabotaging the Empire in secret, making trouble in the provinces, etc.

They want the Civil War, it hurts the Empire and Skyrim's resources and armies. They want the war to go on as long as possible, so that way they can just come and kill the survivors with no trouble.

So the Thalmor are still warring and attacking the Empire, just in secret, so it will be easier when they 'officially' begin the GW again.

J

Jeremius

The Empire would still exist, it would just be Cyrodil, and the WGC would still exist, just only in that province. The GW is coming soon anyways, the 'peace' right now is a calm between storms.

The Thalmor are still attacking, it's just more of a cold war. Sabotaging the Empire in secret, making trouble in the provinces, etc.

They want the Civil War, it hurts the Empire and Skyrim's resources and armies. They want the war to go on as long as possible, so that way they can just come and kill the survivors with no trouble.

So the Thalmor are still warring and attacking the Empire, just in secret, so it will be easier when they 'officially' begin the GW again.

In my opinion, the GW was over when the WGC was signed. My opinion though.

foraoise scath

Fourth World Country
In my opinion, the GW was over when the WGC was signed. My opinion though.

I sorta agree, in my opinion it's only 'officially' over. The Thalmor are still causing tensions in the provinces. In my opinion, I think they banned Talos worship in the WGC so that there would be tension between the Empire and part of Skyrim. I think they knew what would happen, and the Civil War was planned.

J

Jeremius

I sorta agree, in my opinion it's only 'officially' over. The Thalmor are still causing tensions in the provinces. In my opinion, I think they banned Talos worship in the WGC so that there would be tension between the Empire and part of Skyrim. I think they knew what would happen, and the Civil War was planned.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean that either side is anymore right than they are wrong. Still not seeing any value to the Dragoborn in participating in the CW with the next GW will cause all human races to work together again.

foraoise scath

Fourth World Country
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean that either side is anymore right than they are wrong. Still not seeing any value to the Dragoborn in participating in the CW with the next GW will cause all human races to work together again.

The thing is, the next GW might not have all the human races to work with.

The second GW will start when either the Thalmor attack Cyrodil again, or the Empire strikes at Alinor (A.D.'s nation). If the Stormcloaks win, the Thalmor can attack Skyrim and still be at 'peace' with the Empire (or Cyrodil, since the Empire really won't exist anymore). Skyrim is technically not at war with the Dominion because the WGC is protecting them from it. If the Stormcloaks win, Skyrim is seceded from the Empire, and the Dominon can just swoop in and take over. The Stormcloaks (a ragtag militia) and Hold Guards are the only defense Skyrim really has, against a superior army of Bosmer, Altmer, and Khajiits, so the Dominion would win.

And with Skyrim taken, the next 'GW' would pretty much be the Dominion vs. Cyrodil.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts