Ill met by moonlight quest.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shroomy

The quest tells me to go and talk to the prisoner Sinding. When I go to the Jail he is in the back of a cell standing against the wall and will not come to the gate to talk to me. Ive tried waiting but he never moves. Any ideas? Or is it yet another bugged quest?

Titanburner

Premium Member
Are you going for Path 1 Ending the sins of sinding or Path 2 Taking the side of sinding? If path 1 attack him and that should trigger it.

*EDIT* Nevermind seems your before that part. Still id try attacking him lol

Shroomy

Yeah tried attacking him just to get him to come to the gate.....He comes but stays aggro'd permanently.

Titanburner

Premium Member
After you aggro him id go to a different town and wait/sleep for a few days then go back and try again.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Hmm not sure on that one, one of the pc users might be able to help ya on that one (console version here).

Shroomy

Welp had to turn clipping off so I could just walk into his cell. Hated to do it but its better than letting the quest set idle until its patched.

Meta03

I had the same problem - he was being most antisocial. I kept returning and today he finally walked up to me, so I am continuing the quest!

Straumgald

I had the same problem - he was being most antisocial. I kept returning and today he finally walked up to me, so I am continuing the quest!

Had the same problem. I loaded an older autosave, left and came back in. He walked right up to me.

Lorei

I started Ill met by moonlight days ago been looking around some mountain ,not there so i went back to jail and he is there as a werewolf and wont talk just says hu and when i shout at him he says hey im on your side then stands there. i am using xbox is there a way to kill him in the cell and use telekinesis to get him close enough to get his fur????? or any other suggestions :)

JoeReese

Yeah, I had major problems with this one. I was stuck with the ring. He was hanging around his cell as a
werewolf and I couldn't get in to kill him. I took somebody's advice to conjure a flame atronach behind him and drive him to me, then dagger him at the cell door. The idea was that it wouldn't stagger him back. Well, he staggered back...

I went out and found, killed the stag. Hircine showed up but wouldn't talk, and I couldn't get any dialog menu with him. I tried reloading and rebooting and everything else, but nothing worked.

I finally read about the basket/kettle glitch somewhere. It wasn't a detailed explanation and I had to do some experimenting with it, but it did finally work for me. (PS3 with 1.5 patch I think)

Basically, you go to the jail with two baskets or kettles. I had one of each, all I could find in Breezehome...in retrospect, it would be a good idea to have 3 or 4 of each, just in case. Kill Sindig in the cell, so he can't get to you and kill you. Conjure something in there with him, and light him up with arrows or spells.

When he's dead, stand in front of the cell door about 5' back. Take a basket out of your inventory and throw it on the floor. Then point at it and hold X, like you do when you want to move something aside. Very slowly and gently, use your right stick to raise it to eye level in front of you, then still holding it, use your left stick to walk slowly toward the cell. If you do either too quickly, you may drop it. Once you're touching the cell bars with the basket at eye level, it should rotate so you're looking into it. When you can just "feel" the resistance of the bars, and see a little bit of the bars through the bottom of the basket, keep holding it there and whirlwind sprint into the cell. The basket will probably stay on the free side of the bars, which is why you want more than one.

The guard will probably ask you to stop shouting...just tell him it won't happen again.

Now you're in the cell with Sindig's body. Search, and it should give you the "skin" option. Skin him, and Hircine should appear and give you the savior's hide. There was all manner of discussion about how to get both the ring and the hide, two rings, etc., but I was just happy to be rid of the damn thing and out of this quest. Repeat the basket trick to get back out of the cell. Tell they guard you're sorry, and be off...free.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts