I just had an awesome idea for a third Skyrim DLC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
So, I was walking my dog, thinking about Skyrim and boats. And I had a great idea for a third Skyrim DLC, called Baelfyre.

So, the Vigilant of Stendarr are beast, but Bethesda didn't do anything with them in Skyrim, right?
In the DLC, a new area in the Sea of Ghosts called the Baelfyre Isles is introduced, which is home to one of the strongholds of the Vigilant of Stendarr, and their (newly made up) elite guard, the Stone Crusaders or something badass sounding like that, are doing all fine and dandy. But then, a hidden group of Dragon Cultists emerges, scheming to capture the Baelfyre Isles so they have a forward base to spread into Skyrim and reintroduce dragon worship.

Why involve the Vigilant of Stendarr in this? Well, one of Alduin's old lieutenants, known as Kehlavyr, his right hand dragon after Paarthurnax but before Odahviing, was banished to Oblivion by the old nord heroes, who assumed he had died. Instead, he was trapped in whatever daedra's realm of Oblivion, and the dragon priests of this modern dragon cult had to make a pact with that daedra to bring him back to the realm of mortals. The catch to the cult's agreement with random daedra, though, was that they had to wipe out of Vigilant of Stendarr, so said daedra could get his revenge.

The Dragonborn knows little about this, but is told by a mysterious messenger that a new, strong dragon has emerged and goes off to slay it, but the Vigilant of Stendarr approach him when he arrives, asking him to join them and help defeat Kehlavyr, dragon cultists, and daedra.

The Baelfyre DLC would also introduce...

Spears.
Vigilant of Stendarr armor/weapon sets.
Boat expansions.
New dragon shouts.
New magic.
And everything but the kitchen sink.

Anyone got feedback, things to add, anything like that?

DovahCap

Have you played Dawnguard? Visit the Hall of the Vigilants after you install Dawnguard...

Oh..

Does it add something?

:c

EDIT - Lol they all get killed.

But would the Volkihar bother with Vigilants living far from Skyrim who don't give buttcrap about Skyrim and are busy with their own conflict?

Oh..

Does it add something?

:c

EDIT - Lol they all get killed.

But would the Volkihar bother with Vigilants living far from Skyrim who don't give buttcrap about Skyrim and are busy with their own conflict?
Well, how far do you plan for these islands to be in the Sea of Ghosts. I'm assuming quite a distance due to your last post, however wouldn't it be awfully unsuitable to be residing that far up in the Sea of Ghosts? Like just look at Winterhold, barely anyone lives there. I don't except Vigilants to be living that far up in the Sea of Ghosts.

DovahCap

Well, how far do you plan for these islands to be in the Sea of Ghosts. I'm assuming quite a distance due to your last post, however wouldn't it be awfully unsuitable to be residing that far up in the Sea of Ghosts? Like just look at Winterhold, barely anyone lives there. I don't except Vigilants to be living that far up in the Sea of Ghosts.

I assume it'd be twelve day boat trip from Dawnstar. Boat basicly fast travels there, making stops on the way due to pirates/supply pickups/whatever to make it seem more like a living ship, but after making it there with stops the first time, the rest of the trips would be uneventful to prevent players getting annoyed when trying to go back and forth from the islands.

And, who knows if the Sea of Ghosts gets colder the farther you go into it? Maybe it's warmer where the islands are.

Well if it's a twelve day trip from Dawnstar, I'm assuming it's pretty far up in the Sea of Ghosts. Therefore I'm assuming it's freezing up there, and there is a reason why civilization in Atmora ended. I can't see a bunch of Vigilants surviving up there.

And while it's a very interesting plot line, I think we would of near about these isles by now, and I don't think people would like dragons to be a main part of the next dlc.

R'alle

young but able
There needs to be Khajitan armor. Every other race has and armor set.

DovahCap

You know what? After I installed Dawnguard and went there I laughed my ass off :D What a beautiful sight to see none of the less :D
My vampire lord purposely hunts down the Vigilants, and have them for dinner :)

That brings a thought, how would a Vampire Lord character react to Baelfyre. It wouldn't be a black and white decision - you either join them or you don't, not join the bad guys or the good guys.

DovahCap

There needs to be Khajitan armor. Every other race has and armor set.

Did you mean to post that in this thread..?

Oh I should of brought this up also. The Dragonborn siding with the Dragon Cult would make no sense, after all, you prevented Alduin from fulfilling his prophecy, for now...

But yet again, your not going to side with the Vigilants if your a vampire or your character is a daedric worshiper. So I can't see this idea being carried out.

DovahCap

Oh I should of brought this up also. The Dragonborn siding with the Dragon Cult would make no sense, after all, you prevented Alduin from fulfilling his prophecy, for now...

But yet again, your not going to side with the Vigilants if your a vampire or your character is a daedric worshiper. So I can't see this idea being carried out.

Hmm.

Maybe we use a faction other than the Vigilant of Stendarr?

R'alle

young but able
Oh no I Meant to add extra thing sorry..

Includind the stendarr I think there should be a sidequest including Whoever you sided with in the civil war.

the_joe

During the quest "House of Horrors", I would have liked the option of having multiple choices, by eighter siding with Boethia and helping Logrolf desecrate the shrine of Molag Bal, but (and this might fit into your concept) contact the Viligant of Stendar and destroy the shrine.
If in every deadric quest one could have the option of working for the deadras disadvantage by working with the Viligant of Stendar this would certainly improve the game by adding multiple choices.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
inb4 someone says this is Dawnguard wearing different underwear.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I've seen roving bands of Vigilants after installing Dawnguard, plus Stendarr's Beacon still stands. But I'd rather not see these guys again; they're so judgmental about Daedra worship. They just annoy me, like the Dawnguard.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I've seen roving bands of Vigilants after installing Dawnguard, plus Stendarr's Beacon still stands. But I'd rather not see these guys again; they're so judgmental about Daedra worship. They just annoy me, like the Dawnguard.

The Vigil sucks.

Conran Moore

There is an almost guarantee the next Expansion will consist of the Thalmor and The Aldmeri Dominion and will be a follow up from the Civil War Questline,

But what I'd like to see is The Moot. Ether Ulfric becoming the HighKing or Elisif becoming the HighQueen and I think you should be able to ether challenge Ulfric for the crown in a combat sword to axe duel or get to know and then marry Elisif so then the crown is handed to you ether way.

So then Skyrim will have a Dragonborn HighKing or HighQueen depending on the sex of your character, and I think when you've become the leader you'll have diplomatic and political decisions to make such as rebuilding Skyrim's Ruined Cities such as Helgen etc, and depending on which side you chose from the beginning you are to destroy the rest of The Empire's Camps or The Stormcloak's Camps in a few final battles to prepare for the last final one against The Thalmor and The Aldmeri Dominion in their own territory;

An assault on The Summerset Isles taking each and every Elven City from boarding War Ships after taking ether what would become Skyrim's Capital where you rule from ether Solitude or Windhelm's docks. And when you've invaded the Elves you could have the choice to completely secede from the rest of Tamriel making Skyrim an independent kingdom after leaving The Summerset Isles in ruins, Or create your own new Empire by taking Emperor Titus Mede the IInd's throne in The Imperial City ether by force with The Blades or persuasion because you're the Dragonborn, The rightful Emperor; but that is only if you haven't already assassinated him with The Dark Brotherhood ofcourse, If you have, you should be able to just become The Emperor as easy as that by simply going to the Imperial City for a meeting with The Blades and The Elder Council and they decide, and then when you're The Emperor of Tamriel...

It's your job to defend Three of your territories; Skyrim, The Imperial City and The Summerset Isles from even more dangerous Dragons such as Auriel/Akatosh attacking and wanting to destroy the world which in in the ending they do, and could close the Elder Scrolls Series leaving the World of Nirn destroyed in the Fourth Era, Ether that or you save the world and you carry on your life as the Dragonborn HighKing or Emperor doing small repetitive quests such as taking over Bandit Forts, Elven Ranger Camps etc etc... Well that's my brilliant idea for a Third Expansion anyway and I'd hope that every word of it happens and is released! It would be fluffing mint! but if not and The Third Expansion is something completely different then I'd be excited to see what Bethesda throws at us anyway!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
There is an almost guarantee the next Expansion will consist of the Thalmor and The Aldmeri Dominion and will be a follow up from the Civil War Questline,

But what I'd like to see is The Moot. Ether Ulfric becoming the HighKing or Elisif becoming the HighQueen and I think you should be able to ether challenge Ulfric for the crown in a combat sword to axe duel or get to know and then marry Elisif so then the crown is handed to you ether way.

So then Skyrim will have a Dragonborn HighKing or HighQueen depending on the sex of your character, and I think when you've become the leader you'll have diplomatic and political decisions to make such as rebuilding Skyrim's Ruined Cities such as Helgen etc, and depending on which side you chose from the beginning you are to destroy the rest of The Empire's Camps or The Stormcloak's Camps in a few final battles to prepare for the last final one against The Thalmor and The Aldmeri Dominion in their own territory;

An assault on The Summerset Isles taking each and every Elven City from boarding War Ships after taking ether what would become Skyrim's Capital where you rule from ether Solitude or Windhelm's docks. And when you've invaded the Elves you could have the choice to completely secede from the rest of Tamriel making Skyrim an independent kingdom after leaving The Summerset Isles in ruins, Or create your own new Empire by taking Emperor Titus Mede the IInd's throne in The Imperial City ether by force with The Blades or persuasion because you're the Dragonborn, The rightful Emperor; but that is only if you haven't already assassinated him with The Dark Brotherhood ofcourse, If you have, you should be able to just become The Emperor as easy as that by simply going to the Imperial City for a meeting with The Blades and The Elder Council and they decide, and then when you're The Emperor of Tamriel...

It's your job to defend Three of your territories; Skyrim, The Imperial City and The Summerset Isles from even more dangerous Dragons such as Auriel/Akatosh attacking and wanting to destroy the world which in in the ending they do, and could close the Elder Scrolls Series leaving the World of Nirn destroyed in the Fourth Era, Ether that or you save the world and you carry on your life as the Dragonborn HighKing or Emperor doing small repetitive quests such as taking over Bandit Forts, Elven Ranger Camps etc etc... Well that's my brilliant idea for a Third Expansion anyway and I'd hope that every word of it happens and is released! It would be f***ing mint! but if not and The Third Expansion is something completely different then I'd be excited to see what Bethesda throws at us anyway!

I love the moot idea and becoming High King/Queen.

P.S. That was incredibly difficult to read.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts