Help! Game won't load past character creation.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

leaffur

I just bought Skyrim for my PC, but it will not load very far past the character creation. The game does not freeze, but the NPCs just stop moving and talking right before the first beheading.
OS-Windows 7
RAM- 8 gigs
CPU- Intel i3 dual core
GPU- NVDIEA GeForce 8800 GS

Halkin

pzzzztt
not sure on this but i'd first try running in windowed mode, next i'd go for updated sound drivers (realtek most likely), as last ditch i'd go with vista sp2 mode

not sure on this but i'd first try running in windowed mode, next i'd go for updated sound drivers (realtek most likely), as last ditch i'd go with vista sp2 mode

I would try that and then if that doesn't work see if Dagmar could assist and maybe instruct on tweaking the ini files. Are you using Gamebooster?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
This is a reported bug that's been attributed to the quest script for Unbound. A general solution is to reinstall the game. Another general solution is to install DXSETUP.exe from your Skyrim\DirectX10 folder.

A direct solution is to kill the first prisoner to be executed yourself using console commands (kind of immersion shattering but it works in most cases). To do this you can open up the console by typing the tilde key (~) and the typing in "prid 654ed" followed by the enter key to target him and then typing in the command "kill" followed by the enter key. When you close the console by hitting the tilde key again the prisoner will drop dead and the dialogues and quest should continue.

leaffur

This is a reported bug that's been attributed to the quest script for Unbound. A general solution is to reinstall the game. Another general solution is to install DXSETUP.exe from your Skyrim\DirectX10 folder.

A direct solution is to kill the first prisoner to be executed yourself using console commands (kind of immersion shattering but it works in most cases). To do this you can open up the console by typing the tilde key (~) and the typing in "prid 654ed" followed by the enter key to target him and then typing in the command "kill" followed by the enter key. When you close the console by hitting the tilde key again the prisoner will drop dead and the dialogues and quest should continue.
You are made of awesome. Thank you very much

I have a similar problem for the pc version, the sound works in the title screen, but after that, stops working completely. then, when a new game is made, all the npcs stop working and the carriage next to the one you are in has a rotating wheel even though it is stationary. this means i do not even get to create a character at all. I do not know how to fix it and any suggestions and how to do that would be extremely helpful

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts