• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Dawnguard, Skyrims first DLC, has just recently been released for Xbox360, and is not even out yet for PC and PS3, yet some people believe they know what the next one will be called. Bethesda copyrighted, trademarked and patented very few things involving Skyrim: Dragonborn, Fus Ro Dah and Skyrim. A little bit before Dawnguard was announced, they copyrighted that as well. They have recently copyrighted the word Hearthfire, which is odd, to say the least. The word appears two times in game. Once as an month, one around Autumn I believe, and the other as a volume of 2920, The Last Year of the Third Era, a book named after the month. Therefore, it does not seem worthy of being copyrighted. I am posting this to hear ideas about what a DLC by the name of Hearthfire could be about. The name makes me think of somethig important going on with the candle in Candlehearth Hall, however preposterous it may seem. It also makes me think of changes to the Scenery and maybe something to do with a Druidism skill tree. Feel free to post contradicting views here.

i think it will be a DLC like shivering isles, at least i hope so

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I would love that, but they would probably do Moonshadow or Apocrypha or The Colored Rooms or maybe Coldharbour, but we probably won't revisit New Sheoth, even if we have the Wabbajack.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Oh definetly. Two new cities and an assortment of caves is all they added in Dawnguard. Oh well.

lonewolf

im hoping it has something to do with the thalmor like the name hearthfire could be in reference to when the next great war would start or something. at the end of the civil war both sides heavily imply its coming

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
That sounds good, many people have speculated about it. If so, they would hopefully allow you to visit parts of the provinces that are having the most trouble with the Thalmor, such as Elsewyr, Valenwood, Hammerfell, The City of Orsinium, and, obviously, Cyrodill and the SI.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
That would give us more land to explore, new and odd locations and an actual end to hostilities, at least for now.

I don't think we're going to revisit Cyrodiil any time soon. They haven't repeated themselves yet, and if they do, I hope they won't be so gauche to go back to the last game. My guess is if it's a Skyrim expansion, it will be In Skyrim, or somewhere off the north coast. Elsewere, and so forth would probably be TES VI, as it clear across Cyrodiil from here. Hammerfell might be nice, but that sounds more like involveing the Foresworn. As for the Thalmor, that would likely involve the Sunset Isle.

I have a feeling that it will be sort of like the Shivering Isles in which it gives the protagonist a fate.

SPOILER!!!
As the Hero of Kvatch becomes the new Sheogorath, (Well that is what people think)

I'm hoping though that the Dwemer are involved. The Dragonborn ascending to be a God, like Tiber Septim would be awesome though.

TheArcher

I feel like spears will be implemented as a new weapon somehow whether as something from dead thalmor, during a battle in the sunmersert isles, pr even as another Dwemer Weapon. All I want are spears now!

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
Obviously, the guard's torches go out, and they all get killed by the dark brotherhood. with no guards, panic ensues, with sweetrolls getting stolen and what not.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Obviously, the guard's torches go out, and they all get killed by the dark brotherhood. with no guards, panic ensues, with sweetrolls getting stolen and what not.
IT IS TIME FOR THE GREAT HEIST MY LOWLY MINIONS! "What shall we steal, my lord!?" "Oh we shal steal the most important piece of culture in Skyrim!" What is it?" 'The....... SWEETROLL!"

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
*gasp* *faints*

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Well to cover some of what people said (not to be a smart ass so respond/correct me please):
-Coldharbour will be covered by ESO as it is a focal point of molag bal stealing your soul
-shivering isles def won't happen again
-morrowind was very dwemer lore heavy and while I'd love them to come back I dot see it happening, nor azuras realm
-probably not anything with conjuration although that's been speculated, simply because saw guard was huge on conjuration

My assumption is if you read up on the entire series of books from 2990 last year of the 1st era it's centered around the downfall of the reman empire and the assassination of the Tsaesci (akaviri snake men) potentate Versidue Shaie which leads me to believe there may be an invasion/visitation of the akavir into the land of tamriel. This is.furthur backed by akavir being the land of the dragons and and Alduins wall an akavir construction.

/rant

Kaine777999

I hope it has to do with Children Day, so now I can kill all of those PESKY BRATS! Who dob me in for going on a killing spree!!!

Seriously though, I would like it if it had to do with Necromancy, perhaps you could become a Lich as a new beast form. Necromancy comes from the holiday Tales and Tallows which is in the month of Hearthfire, as is some Psijiic Order ceremony. But as has been said already it might have nothing to do with this.

It better be nothing to do with the return of the Dwarves, it is one of the great mysteries of Nirn. It would ruin the joy of exploring any and all Dwarven ruins, finding those tiny little bits of information (or disinformation in some cases) exploring unknown depths. Hoping for it and never finding it is better than the disappointment of finding out the truth.

Also rather hoping that they avoid more Oblivion realm stuff, they did a whole game based on that guys, if you want that kind of thing go play Oblivion.
Something like a war with the Falmer or the Thalmer would be interesting, but it could be too vast for a dlc to get right.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I hope it has to do with Children Day, so now I can kill all of those PESKY BRATS! Who dob me in for going on a killing spree!!!

Seriously though, I would like it if it had to do with Necromancy, perhaps you could become a Lich as a new beast form. Necromancy comes from the holiday Tales and Tallows which is in the month of Hearthfire, as is some Psijiic Order ceremony. But as has been said already it might have nothing to do with this.

It better be nothing to do with the return of the Dwarves, it is one of the great mysteries of Nirn. It would ruin the joy of exploring any and all Dwarven ruins, finding those tiny little bits of information (or disinformation in some cases) exploring unknown depths. Hoping for it and never finding it is better than the disappointment of finding out the truth.

Also rather hoping that they avoid more Oblivion realm stuff, they did a whole game based on that guys, if you want that kind of thing go play Oblivion.
Something like a war with the Falmer or the Thalmer would be interesting, but it could be too vast for a dlc to get right.

Oblivion wasn't about a realm. And besides, pretty m,uch every expansion or DLC so far has had something to do with a daedric realm. And it is not very likely that they'll do childrens day, though I wish they would, and the dwemer are also unlikely, though still more possible than childrens day. Tales and Tallows and The Akaviri are most likely to be in it.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Oblivion wasn't about a realm. And besides, pretty m,uch every expansion or DLC so far has had something to do with a daedric realm. And it is not very likely that they'll do childrens day, though I wish they would, and the dwemer are also unlikely, though still more possible than childrens day. Tales and Tallows and The Akaviri are most likely to be in it.
Oblivion was about the merging of Mehrunes deadlands with tamriel.... It was all about a realm of oblivion....hence "oblivion"

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I have a feeling that it will be sort of like the Shivering Isles in which it gives the protagonist a fate.

SPOILER!!!
As the Hero of Kvatch becomes the new Sheogorath, (Well that is what people think)

I'm hoping though that the Dwemer are involved. The Dragonborn ascending to be a God, like Tiber Septim would be awesome though.

I think that, if we get a Thalmor / Great War DLC, the Dragonborn will start a new line of dragonborn emperors. This makes the most sense to me at least, however the Thalmor / Great War will hopefully be saved for the plot of TES 6. I'm rooting for the return of the Dwemer and/or Snow Elves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts