Has Skyrim ever spooked you, , ,

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

Has anything ever happened while playing skyrim that seemed surreal or spooked you, it happened to me the other week.

I had recently become unemployed, i was playing the game and was searching some barrels on a farm when the farmer walked past and shouted, ''Get a Job '' . . jeez i kid you not, i paused the game and cried my eyes out with laughter , , :D

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
I was scared plopsless one time when I was in a cave and didn't notice that there was a giant spider hanging around in the celling and when I was in the middle of the cave it jumped down behind my and I turned around o_O That was so freaking scary :O

Twiffle

So i took the farmer to his word and my bosmer character has been chopping wood for 2 weeks now, , ,;)

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
The music scares me in this game. Strolling in a cave not caring about anything next thing you know. "Dummmmm Dummmmm" Me "What the hell is that" monsters everywhere.

Yakkro

Well this was in dawnguard, but the inside of chantry of auriel when it look a sword from a frozen falmer and the entire room of them broke out of the ice and attacked me.

Urzek

When i visited an inn in Falkreath. One of the waitress told me im a handsome man. I was like "WHOA! HOW DID SHE KNOW?!"

Wildroses

I found the end of the Waking Nightmare spooky my first playthrough. I thought the quest was over and my part was done, so I stood at the bottom of the stairs and watched Erandur do his ritual. Having Vaermina talk to me in my head was a shock in itself, but when she claimed Erandur was deceiving me and was planning to turn on me once the ritual was over it threw me into a panic. I had no idea who to believe. I dithered, but decided listening to creepy voices inside your head commanding murder was never a good idea. However, when Erandur finished his ritual and came back down the stairs, I was still not sure Vaermina had been lying. I was frightened. I backed right away to the opposite side of the room. It took about fifty seconds of Erandur standing their unaggressively before I worked up the nerve to walk up close to talk, and I did so holding a weapon. As soon as he started talking to me I realised Vaermina was a rotten liar and I'd been safe all along. But that two minutes of playthrough I found Skyrim pretty spooky.

JoeReese

It got me good once. It was my first play, my first encounter with draugr. I "thought" I knew what the harmless (stay dead) draugr looked like, so I slipped on up to one laying in a catacomb. I had just done this to several, took their money with no problems. This one sat up...raised the hair on the back of my neck.

JoeReese

I was scared plopsless one time when I was in a cave and didn't notice that there was a giant spider hanging around in the celling and when I was in the middle of the cave it jumped down behind my and I turned around o_O That was so freaking scary :O

LOL, Gandalf there's a pic in my album you may find fitting. :p

I remember being new to the game and I didn't know that Falmer still existed. I saw them on the loading screen and thought it meant they lived in inaccessible caves or something. On my first Dwarven dungeon I was like OMFG when they came creeping up to me.

They in themselves are scary. They creep around in the dark, then pop out at you.

KritikalPT

Skeevers. Those little bastards!
Seriously, whenever I'm wandering around, finding a cave to clear, I don't pay attention to my surrounding, and out of the blue a Skeever jumps at me from a blind spot and attacks me, making me jump and twitch due to reaction. Someone seriously needs to hire someone to cut all of the grass in Skyrim so that those little rodents don't have any place to hide.

...Until they develop wings or manage to climb trees.

Sharduroga

most of skyrim is chill, and serene. But Blackreach creeps the fluff out of me. Its so enchanted and eerie. Its dark but it glows with this gloomy vibe. there are people inside. What the hell are the doing in this place. serving a bunch of motherfluffers that look like Shmegal. Blackreach is weird

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
most of skyrim is chill, and serene. But Blackreach creeps the fu** out of me. Its so enchanted and eerie. Its dark but it glows with this gloomy vibe. there are people inside. What the hell are the doing in this place. serving a bunch of motherfluffers that look like Shmegal. Blackreach is weird
Blackreach is probably my favorite place overall in the whole game, but mostly for the reasons you just posted

The first time I saw the headless horseman. I was near Robber's gorge and thought I was alone. It was very eerie and highly unexpected.

*** spoiler****

Another time, I found a ghost in a barrow. Like the horseman, it was almost startling. I followed it. As soon as it turned a corner, it would vanish. It would re appear and vanish, leading me deeper into the barrow. It lead me to a body and a book. The book exposed the truth behind another book i had read weeks before, Olaf and the Dragon.

Olaf and the Dragon is about the title character bravely defeating a dragon, however the last page speculated on the real truth behind the story, that Olaf wasn't a hero, but an opportunist. It supposed that there was no epic fight between Olaf and the dragon, that the dragon was already old and decrepit. Olaf paid his men in gold and titles to substantiate Olaf's version of the battle. The end of the Book suspected a bard had written the true account of how Olaf was able to subdue a dragon. The bard was murdered ,and the all copies of his books were burned to hide the truth. This was the body of that bard and the last copy of the book that got him killed.

It seems I stumbled midway into quest chain I hadn't picked up, but it added a sad/ haunting ghost story to the game( for me). I was really impressed how effective it was. No cutscenes. Just a book, a barrow, and a ghost that needed to show me what happened to him.

Commodus

I was wandering around and found an old cabin, it was rather an idyllic locale, with the sun shining and plenty of cabbages growing out front. The owner of the property was an old woman calmly sitting by the door, tired and apparently pleased to have a visitor.
I entered her house and saw nothing of interest. UNTIL I found a trap door near her bed. Frantically picking the lock, I entered the cellar.
This kindly old woman had an occult shrine and a letter in which she confesses to being a witch and plans to run to the woods and start her own coven.
Unnerved, I exited the cellar and found her waiting for me. This woman, who seemed a stones throw away from being a cripple, was suddenly chiding me for finding out her 'secret' and tried to kill me.

I shot her full of arrows. Stripped her. Dragged her corpse to the edge of a cliff and watched her cadaver tumble down the rocks.

Twiffle

I was wandering around and found an old cabin, it was rather an idyllic locale, with the sun shining and plenty of cabbages growing out front. The owner of the property was an old woman calmly sitting by the door, tired and apparently pleased to have a visitor.
I entered her house and saw nothing of interest. UNTIL I found a trap door near her bed. Frantically picking the lock, I entered the cellar.
This kindly old woman had an occult shrine and a letter in which she confesses to being a witch and plans to run to the woods and start her own coven.
Unnerved, I exited the cellar and found her waiting for me. This woman, who seemed a stones throw away from being a cripple, was suddenly chiding me for finding out her 'secret' and tried to kill me.

I shot her full of arrows. Stripped her. Dragged her corpse to the edge of a cliff and watched her cadaver tumble down the rocks.

And it doesnt end there either, , mmwahahahahahaha

Sharduroga

Blackreach is probably my favorite place overall in the whole game, but mostly for the reasons you just posted
yep i think it is the coolest place in the whole game. Reminds me of Calas Garadhon where galadriel is from in LOTR

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts