• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
This is a new build, based on my original character that was accidentally deleted. I haven't actually played through the Imperial/Stormcloak civil war quest yet, so I've created the following story based on my own knowledge, a little bit of research, and some conjecture. This character is part assassin, part warrior, with some illusion spell casting to top things off with. It's really just a mix of two character builds I've previously played. I've had this idea in my mind since I first started playing, and finally got around to fleshing out the roleplaying aspect of things.

After the short story is a link to the album where you can see the transformation of Greylin into something much more formidable...

Greylin The Forgotten

Greylin The Forgotten, along with Ulfric Stormcloak and several of his soldiers, were ambushed and captured by General Tullius and his Imperial forces on one fateful day while they were traveling through Darkwater Crossing. It appeared that this downtrodden excuse for a Nord was attempting to gain safe passage through the area, when she was finally asked to accompany the Stormcloaks, mostly out of sheer pity. Greylin accepted their invitation, since she was currently homeless and without even so much as a dagger to defend herself with.

Here begins my story so far:

Once myself and the other prisoners arrived in Helgen, I felt seething contempt at a group of people who would execute someone through mere association to the Stormcloaks. At least the one Imperial they called 'Halvor' apologized to me, and that is why I would later spare his life; but more importantly, where one opportunity failed, another would present itself. Fate smiled for Tullius that day: if it hadn't been for that damnable dragon's Thu'um interrupting the Jarrin Root poisoned dagger I had hidden in the palm of my hand, his life would have ended a second later...

Hell broke loose as everyone, friend and foe alike, ran for their lives amidst all the chaos and destruction. Ulfric and Tullius both escaped, along with myself, Halvor, and another Stormcloak member by the name of Ralof. The dragon was unlike anything I had ever seen before; the hazy memory of it calling me 'Dovahkiin' came to me later while I travelled to Riverwood with my new companion, Halvor. After receiving food and shelter from some Imperial sympathizers that Halvor was aquainted with, he gave me a signed document exonerating me of any 'perceived' crimes I may have committed while travelling with the Stormcloaks and urged me to join the Imperial legion in Solitude.

This is the second chance I had been waiting for: not to join the Imperials, but rather be the eyes and ears for Ulfric. After all, there were plenty of Nord Imperial sympathizers living in Solitude, as well as General Tullius himself. It's amazing what one could accomplish with a little bit of makeup and illusion magic: who would give a second thought to some dirty-looking street wretch dressed in tattered rags?

After skulking around the city and port of Solitude for several days, I learned of a threat bigger than the Imperials, and that was the Thalmor, which I believed to be the masters pulling the puppet strings in the mounting civil war. Those arrogant high elves would soon meet swift death by my poison-tipped blade, right after their unwilling servant General Tullius' head was mounted on a pike. The General's demise would deal a crippling blow to the Imperial moral, while getting us one step closer to the Thalmor, the true enemy.

Rashka The Slayer (Nord Ghost Warrior)

I was trained in the art of stealth, murder, and illusion by a reclusive and ancient sect that called themselves 'Ghost Warriors,' which were an off-shoot of the original Dark Brotherhood. Where the Dark Brotherhood simply killed for fame and fortune and didn't discriminate against their victims, the Nord Ghost Warriors chose their targets specifically and killed for a cause: to preserve the Nord way of life in Skyrim.

I will take advantage of my new capabilities as Dragonborn, and receive further training in the usage of the Thu'um by those crusty Greybeards that dwell on top of that god-forsaken mountain. Also, the training I am now receiving by an ex-Blades member (thought to be deceased) has succeeded in honing my sword and archery abilities much better than what any Stormcloak soldier could possibly offer.

I am Greylin The Forgotten; I am Rashka The Slayer: The Harbinger of Death, Dragonborn, and servant to Ulfric Stormcloak, The True High King of Skyrim; I am Protector of the True Nord and their sacred laws; I am, in the old Dragon-tongue, 'Gaaf Kendov.'

Picture link:

http://skyrimforum.com/useralbums/ghost-warrior.576/view

Rashka's make-over picture link:

http://skyrimforum.com/useralbums/ghost-warrior-ii.1211/view

Perk calculator link:

http://tinyurl.com/Ghost-Warrior-build

24e8ab8.jpg

aue1s7.jpg

Slith

mod needed? wont that give me a random crash?

how bout for non mod users what armor are we going to use?

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
A new build, based on my original character that was accidentally deleted. I haven't actually played through the Imperial/Stormcloak civil war quest yet, so I've created the following story based on my own knowledge, a little bit of research, and some conjecture. This character is part assassin, part warrior, with some illusion spell casting to top things off with. It's really just a mix of two character builds I've previously played. I've had this idea in my mind since I first started playing, and finally got around to fleshing out the roleplaying aspect of things.

After the short story is a link to the album where you can see the transformation of Greylin into something much more formidable...

Greylin The Forgotten

Greylin The Forgotten, along with Ulfric Stormcloak and several of his men, were captured by General Tullius and his Imperial forces while they were traveling through Darkwater Crossing. Originally, it appeared that she was attempting to gain safe passage through the area, when she was finally asked to accompany the Stormcloaks. Being Nord herself, Greylin accepted Ulfric's invitation, as she was currently homeless and without even so much as a dagger to defend herself with.

Here begins my story so far:

Once myself and the other prisoners arrived in Helgen, I felt seething contempt at a group of peoples who would execute someone through mere association to the Stormcloaks. At least the one Imperial they called 'Halvor' apologized to me, and that is why I would later spare his life; but more importantly, where one opportunity failed, another would present itself. Fate smiled for Tullius that day: if it hadn't been for that damnable dragon's Thu'um interrupting the Jarrin Root poisoned dagger I had hidden in the palm of my hand, his life would have ended a second later...

Hell broke loose as everyone, friend and foe alike, ran for their lives amidst all the chaos and destruction. Ulfric and Tullius both escaped, along with myself, Halvor, and another Stormcloak member by the name of Ralof. The dragon was not like anything I had ever seen before, and the hazy recollection that it had called me Dovahkiin came to me later while I travelled with my new companion, Halvor, to Riverwood. After receiving food and shelter from some Imperial sympathizers that Halvor was aquainted with, he gave me a signed document exonerating me of any 'perceived' crimes I may have committed while travelling with the Stormcloaks and urged me to join the Imperial legion in Solitude.

This is the second chance I had been waiting for: not to join the Imperials, but rather be the eyes and ears for Ulfric. After all, there were plenty of Nord Imperial sympathizers living in Solitude, as well as General Tullius himself. It's amazing what one could accomplish with a little bit of makeup and illusion magic: who would give a second thought to some dirty-looking street wretch dressed in tattered rags?

After skulking around the city and port of Solitude for several days, I learned of a threat bigger than the Imperials, and that was the Thalmor, which I believed to be the masters pulling the puppet strings in the mounting civil war. These arrogant, haughty high elves who would soon meet swift death by any means possible, right after their unwilling servant General Tullius' head was mounted on a pike. The General's demise would deal a crippling blow to the Imperial moral, while getting us one step closer to the Thalmor, the true enemy.

Rashka The Slayer (Nord Ghost Warrior)

I was trained in the art of stealth, murder, and illusion by a reclusive and ancient sect that called themselves 'Ghost Warriors,' which were an off-shoot of the original Dark Brotherhood. Where the Dark Brotherhood simply killed for fame and fortune and didn't discriminate against their victims, the Nord Ghost Warriors chose their targets specifically and killed for a cause: to preserve the Nord way of life in Skyrim.

I will take advantage of my new capabilities as Dragonborn, and receive further training in the usage of the Thu'um by those crusty Greybeards that dwell on top of that god-forsaken mountain. Also, the training I am now receiving by an ex-Blades member (thought to be deceased) has succeeded in honing my sword and archery abilities much better than what any Stormcloak soldier could possibly offer.

I am Greylin The Forgotten; I am Rashka The Slayer: The Harbinger of Death, Dragonborn, and servant to Ulfric Stormcloak, The True High King of Skyrim; I am Protector of the True Nord and their sacred laws; I am, in the old Dragon-tongue, 'Gaaf Kendov.'

Picture link:

http://skyrimforum.com/useralbums/ghost-warrior.576/view

Perk calculator link:

http://chrizel.github.io/skyrim/#t/1/25cqv4,0,0,4g,hra0hs,bda8,4za3s,0
Dude that is an epic story! I truly love the explanation of how she had hidden a poisoned dagger and was planning escape had the dragon not attacked, gives an epic account of just how badass she is! Also makes me wonder what would have happened had the dragon not came along. I've always been one of the few who favor the Stormcloak Rebellion over the Imperial Legion even though i can truly sympathize with both sides. This is an amazing character you've created and i'd love to hear more on her story, i'm not much for roleplaying on this game but i'll admit this story has gotten me interested. ;)

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
What skills are you planning on using for these builds? The calculator link is not working for me. I am asking because I am currently playing a stealth character. I am using Sneak, 1H, Archery, Heavy Armor, Illusion & Conjuration.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
What skills are you planning on using for these builds? The calculator link is not working for me. I am asking because I am currently playing a stealth character. I am using Sneak, 1H, Archery, Heavy Armor, Illusion & Conjuration.

Sorry about the calculator link not working; not sure what the issue is with that. I'm at work right now, so I don't have time to post the stats, but as soon as I get home I will post them for you.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Sorry about the calculator link not working; not sure what the issue is with that. I'm at work right now, so I don't have time to post the stats, but as soon as I get home I will post them for you.

Ok, great! I look forward to seeing your build tonight!

Slith

just a quick question does mod make my game buggy and stuff? i have never used mod since i played this game

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
just a quick question does mod make my game buggy and stuff? i have never used mod since i played this game

I haven't found any issues when using mods thus far, and I have about a dozen currently installed. I have a few mods that add new armors to the game, as well as new weapons, and there hasn't been any problems with game speed. I have downloaded mods from both Skyrim Nexus and Steam, and they have worked fine.

I assume that your in-game experience will depend mostly on the specs of your computer, and what types of mods you're running.

Back on topic: That is a really well written back-story Black Orchid; thanks for sharing it!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate

It's not the coolest looking perk calculator, but it works, unlike the rest of the ones I've tried so far. The new link can be found on the original post.

A couple of things to note on this build:

I'm just focusing on what's important for now. Roleplay-wise, the Speech skill would fit into the theme of the character, but let's face it, Speech isn't really that necessary in the game and Nords start off with a relatively high default rating as it stands.

Enchanting also isn't really necessary with this build if you get a hold of the Dark Brotherhood armor at the very beginning. The enchantments that come with the Shrouded Armor, as you probably already know, are quite powerful to begin with. I usually just get Arcane Blacksmith so that I can increase the armor rating at a later date, if needed.

Archery really depends on how good of a shot you are. I consider myself to be fairly decent at it, so I only threw a few points into Overdraw, since the extra damage is useful against creatures that are immune to Deadly Aim sneak attacks. I didn't want to focus on 'sneak-archery' because it's a little too easy, and gets kinda dull after a while. I use Archery mainly for back-up, and of course against dragons or pesky spell-casters.

I might put some perk points into Alchemy later down the road, just for the sake of creating a few useful poisons for the tougher enemies encountered in the game.

Lastly, I run with the Warrior Stone on this build, as the Sneak and Illusion trees are fairly easy to raise, but the One Handed and Light Armor will take a little longer since you may not use them as much. The One Handed is more for back up, and adds a little variety to your fighting style, especially if you get stuck with a face-to-face confrontation.

Currently I'm going Health 60%/ Stamina 40%/ Magicka 40%. This can be changed later depending on your gear and play-style, of course.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I haven't found any issues when using mods thus far, and I have about a dozen currently installed. I have a few mods that add new armors to the game, as well as new weapons, and there hasn't been any problems with game speed. I have downloaded mods from both Skyrim Nexus and Steam, and they have worked fine.

I assume that your in-game experience will depend mostly on the specs of your computer, and what types of mods you're running.

Back on topic: That is a really well written back-story Black Orchid; thanks for sharing it!

Thank you!

It's been brewing in my brain for quite a while now. In fact, Rashka wouldn't leave me alone; she whispered to me in my dreams...always wanting to be resurrected from the ashes of an old deleted game...

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
Sweet.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I'm finally getting on with things after having some issues deciding which of my characters I wanted to complete the main quest with. Currently, I'm rotating between the Civil War (Stormcloaks all the way with this character), and the main quest. Sometimes, if it's not too far out of the way, I'll do a minor quest every now and then.

Living up to her promise of helping Ulfric and his Stormcloaks free Skyrim from the tyranny of the Thalmor and the Imperials, Rashka freed three prisoners of war in just one day while travelling the roads to various destinations.
One of the more dangerous situations involved not only four Imperial guards, but also four Thalmor militia members, and had to be handled with extreme caution.
Thanks to the help of a (suddenly) fully armed Stormcloak P.O.W., we were able to water the surrounding foliage with generous amounts of their blood, and the grateful prisoner escaped to fight again yet another day.

Generally, when in Ghost Warrior mode, Rashka carries armor and weapons (either Elven or Imperial, whichever is lighter and has the best damage/ac) from one fight to the next. It helps even the odds a bit, and also gives the Stormcloak prisoner a fighting chance (she sometimes revels in the irony of the Imperials and Thalmor being slaughtered with their own makings).

Rashka generally travels alone, unless a quest forces her to bring along a companion, so Illusion magic is a welcome boon in helping to turn the tide of most skirmishes.

Here's a couple of screens I managed to capture while on my busy endeavors:

An unlikely ally:
2rhwms3.jpg

Not all fights end well:
aadslc.jpg

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
hehehehe ferocious killer bunny!