• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
-Warning-
There is intense violence, language, and gore in this story. I do not suggest reading if you are under 18.
Deep in the forests of Valenwood a small bosmer child cries, but not out of sadness, but joy. He has been given the gift of life and is taking a breath for the first time. His cry resembles that of a wolf's whimper. He's tanner than most bosmer, a strong face with eyes that reach into your very soul, his name is Filius.
His mother is Delilah Lupus, devout follower of Hircine. After a life time of serving the hunter he has rewarded her with the greatest honor imaginable, bearing his child. She could smell the undeniable sent from her child. "The child, moon-born from birth. Thats unheard of." she spoke. "Yes, he will be a fine hunter" claimed Hircine. The pack members gathered around in awe of the child, a pure-blood werewolf, from the family tree of Hircine himself.
The Child grew into one of the strongest in the pack, despite being purely werewolf, he had the features of all the were creatures. He was stronger than most bosmer like the werebear, brave like the wereboar, A stalker like the werecrocodile, Handsome like the werelion, Intimidating like a wereshark, and he moved from tree to tree with the speed of a werevulture.
But due to these things it showed on his face that he was moon-born. Unable to go anywhere without a hood, and must keep speaking to a minimum, due to his growl-like voice. This all mattered little to him, until the day, the day that he discovered even a great hunter, will sometimes become the prey.
It was the day of the bloodmoon, there would be no summoning of Hircine today, for he was busy with the hunt. Little did the pack know, that they would need him now most of all. Filius, is asleep in his den when all of a sudden a nearby tree falls, with a crash. The child (only 9, and 4"11 at the time) looks around to see the forest burning, two of his pack members are in beast form trying to protect the den. His mother runs up to him and crouches at eye level "Hide Filius" "What is going on mother?!" "There's no time to explain! Go run, get to safety, You wont see me again for a very long time, I" "No mom! I don't want to go!" "-Filius! There is no time! Run!" She grabbed him and hugged him before pushing him away to get him to run. "I love you" "I love you too!" cried Filius as he left the only true part of his life that he cared about to die.
As Filius is running he turns to see his mother confronted by the lead of this raid... a vigilant of stendarr. Filius stops and watches. "And today the last complete pack of werewolves is slain in Valenwood" "I can take you, your the only one left" "Oh really?" Says the vigilant as another sneaks up behind Delilah and shatters her femurs with his mace. "Ah! Damn you!" she cries, now on her knees staying upright only by her arms supporting her body, she stares at the ground and waits for whats next." "Well that wasn't kind, but you know what? I feel in a merciful mood today. I will kill you quickly" He raised the silver warhammer above his head, bringing it down on Delilah's head, snapping her neck, and creating a gaping hole in her head.​
"That's the last of them" The man laughed looking at his partner, but then looks forward to see a child standing on the path. "Oh really?" says Filius, mimicking the mans speech. The Bloodmoon had reached its full height and Filius's eyes began to shine.. no glow, a bright, mystical blue. "I'm gonna kill every.... last.... one of you!" Screamed Filius. "Aww look hes upset" mocked the man, stepping closer to Filius, but that walking came to a screeching halt. Filius's eyes began to burn, emitting light like a torch. He growled, then clenched his teeth as his body grew. His nails turned into claws, his teeth into canines. Deep black fur appeared all over his body, he felt the call of the blood and gave in. He let loose a blood curdling howl before pouncing upon the vigilantes, his was a small werewolf at 5"9, but he fought like he was 7"2. The vigilantes were soon nothing but a mangled mess, there hearts consumed by Filius, he loved the strength beast form gave him, but he was young, and within a couple minutes was back to normal. He ran over to his mother, holding her dead body. He picked up the family dagger Venantium in Ungeum. "I'm going to kill every last one of you. He repeated. "Father! Hircine! Hear my cry! Appear now before me!" Screamed Filius, summoning Hircine.
Hircine appeared and was confused by the fire, and fallen trees, which Filius should have been concerned about due to the fact fire was burning everywhere around him. Looking down the huntsman saw his son holding sitting next to his mate's deformed body, and became enraged. "Who has done this?!" "Vigilantes, I killed them." Relaxing a bit Hircine spoke to the child, knowing that it was dangerous here. "Run my child, flee to the closest city. Today you are the prey, but in time you will be the hunter. When that day comes, cling to it like you do your bow at the sight of danger. They will be strong but you are stronger. Never forget that." Told Hircine, and off Filius went, remembering the vigilant's body structure and thought, "Nord, Now there is one army in tamriel that seeks to destroy nords. I will join the thalmor.
Hope you guys enjoyed my backstory, it took me a long time to think up.

Voodoo_uk2

*Applauds* take a bow bro u deserve one...You will prolly end up to be the only Thalmor i like
But on a serious note nice work

AS88

Staff member
This was good, creative too. :)

One thing I noticed though was the part where you put actions in *these.* That's fine for on the forums and stuff, but if you're writing in prose it's probably best to keep it "standard." So instead of *hugs Filius away* you could go with:

"the pair shared a warm but hurried embrace, knowing it would probably be their last"

Or something similar. Hope this helps, just a little constructive criticism. I'll be watching out for more! :)

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
This was good, creative too. :)

One thing I noticed though was the part where you put actions in *these.* That's fine for on the forums and stuff, but if you're writing in prose it's probably best to keep it "standard." So instead of *hugs Filius away* you could go with:

"the pair shared a warm but hurried embrace, knowing it would probably be their last"

Or something similar. Hope this helps, just a little constructive criticism. I'll be watching out for more! :)
ok thanks, I wasnt sure how to word that, I'll try and change it a bit.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
Nicely done Filius. I always feel like character cards shouldn't be too long or else they just become over-loaded with miscellaneous details, and you don't get to expose your character in the light you want to. A job well done from one Thalmor brethren to another ;)

AS88

Staff member
ok thanks, I wasnt sure how to word that, I'll try and change it a bit.

Also, Stendarr has two 'r's :p

Being a law student you tend to notice little details :oops:

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
Nicely done Filius. I always feel like character cards shouldn't be too long or else they just become over-loaded with miscellaneous details, and you don't get to expose your character in the light you want to. A job well done from one Thalmor brethren to another ;)
Thanks, i read yours character card and the bio was quite impressive.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts