do you love being a vampire? or just hate being a vampire?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you love being a vampire? or hate being a vampire?

• Total voters

jonathan90

well known member
Do you think being a vampire in skyrim is good?

Do you think that it's a curse?

Or is being a vampire , just a pain in the ass?

Take my poll....

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
All the negatives are very easy to get past. Being a vampire gives awesome advantages, which can easily outweigh the negatives. For the most part it comes down to the RP values. I like the fact that my character will live forever, never growing old or anything. The ONLY thing that ever kept me from vampirism was the fact that you had to feed before Dawnguard.

I vote I don't really care either way. I have nothing against it, but my feelings are kind of mixed.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
One of the biggest negatives that I can see being a vampire, in a RP POV once again, is that you forfeit your soul from ever entering the gates of Sovngarde when you get killed in a fight. Instead of going to sovngarde you go to the realms of Molag Bal in Oblivion.

It is one of the biggest sacrifices that you can do to achieve immortality. The real question is... is it worth being a vampire knowing that if you do die in battle that your soul will go to Molag Bal and not to Shor in Sovngarde.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I am not a fan of the Skyrim vamps...but in other plots such as Ann Rice novels, or the Underworld movie sets, I do like vampire stories. But all in all I respect the others who like vampires

jonathan90

well known member
Your poll was missing the 'I absolutely seriously !@#$%$ love being an undead immortal blood sucking creature of the night, you don't even know how $!!#!3 much, man' option. I made do with 'yes, I love being a vampire.'
cool cheers man,lol. I don't know about being a vampire yet.But I guess vampire powers and being a vampire is cool.:)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Color me old-fashioned here, but I liked how in Oblivion, if you did not feed for long enough, the sun began to damage you, which made it REALLY realistic because you HAD to avoid the sun and stay in the shadows, the way a vampire should be. Now, in Skyrim, the sun does not hurt you, but only impairs your stats and stunts regeneration. That is cool as well, but I prefer how in Oblivion, no feeding = damage by sun. Which in my opinion, seems more realistic, as far as vampirism goes.

I don't really care whether I'm a vampire or not; I do like how it doesn't make your character look ridiculously stupid like it tended to in Oblivion, and how you get lots of useful skills as well. It has a lot of benefits to it, for sure.

However, I dislike how in Skyrim, you can be cured in a snap of your fingers. WHAT? Is it really THAT easy to shake off the vampiric blessing of a Daedra lord? In Oblivion, you practically had to go through hell and high water to be cured, and that was a once-only kind of cure! In Skyrim, it's like, "Oh, you're a vampire? Go get me a stone and boom, you're done." And you can get cured as many times as you want. That just doesn't seem right... I prefer the Oblivion version of getting cured. It felt way more important, way more well-earned.

Sorry for ranting :3

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Color me old-fashioned here, but I liked how in Oblivion, if you did not feed for long enough, the sun began to damage you, which made it REALLY realistic because you HAD to avoid the sun and stay in the shadows, the way a vampire should be. Now, in Skyrim, the sun does not hurt you, but only impairs your stats and stunts regeneration. That is cool as well, but I prefer how in Oblivion, no feeding = damage by sun. Which in my opinion, seems more realistic, as far as vampirism goes.

I don't really care whether I'm a vampire or not; I do like how it doesn't make your character look ridiculously stupid like it tended to in Oblivion, and how you get lots of useful skills as well. It has a lot of benefits to it, for sure.

However, I dislike how in Skyrim, you can be cured in a snap of your fingers. WHAT? Is it really THAT easy to shake off the vampiric blessing of a Daedra lord? In Oblivion, you practically had to go through hell and high water to be cured, and that was a once-only kind of cure! In Skyrim, it's like, "Oh, you're a vampire? Go get me a stone and boom, you're done." And you can get cured as many times as you want. That just doesn't seem right... I prefer the Oblivion version of getting cured. It felt way more important, way more well-earned.

Sorry for ranting :3

I love being a vampire and I agree with sun damage but I think there should be a way to stop sun damage, e.g. if you wear a hood there is no damage to your health in sunlight but stats are still stunted. If your skin is not in direct sunlight I don't think there should be health damage, this should also include just walking in the shade of buildings/trees in the day.
I love it now with dawnguard, the immortality is great for rp too, exactly what my master thalmor illusionist would want! mwahaha :p

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I love being a vampire and I agree with sun damage but I think there should be a way to stop sun damage, e.g. if you wear a hood there is no damage to your health in sunlight but stats are still stunted. If your skin is not in direct sunlight I don't think there should be health damage, this should also include just walking in the shade of buildings/trees in the day.

Totally agree! Like Serana wears a hood, it would be nice if you could resist sun damage in that way.

Staff member
If the player received sun damage or was otherwise forced to feed I would no longer be able to play as a vampire. I'm just not that kind of player. As for getting cured "too easily", I think it is sufficient enough. You have to take that rock and steal someone's SOUL with it. I also approve on being able to do it infinite times, if you don't like it just don't cure yourself more than once. If you want to simulate sun damage, cast equilibrium while out in the sunlight. If you feel being cured is too easy, add your own objectives to it to make it challenging.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I love it now with dawnguard, the immortality is great for rp too, exactly what my master thalmor illusionist would want! mwahaha :p

merged with
Totally agree! Like Serana wears a hood, it would be nice if you could resist sun damage in that way.

Theirs a mod for that if you play Skyrim for PC :) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28438

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
I love the vampire lord form, but I just can't get over the vulnerability that sunlight gives you as one of the bloodsuckers. You get really excellent powers and abilities, but the "travel by night or you'll suffer" and "don't expect that hood to serve a purpose" things really irk me. Time passes like crazy in this game anyway, and that makes it just as tedious to deal with, especially when you're questing in a crypt only to surface and find that it's already noon. They could have at least been gracious enough to offer an equippable black hood like Serana; let me at least look cool while I roast.

Staff member
Some games, I feel like they should just open up to the mod community. ESPECIALLY after they move on to a new game.

Dashmiel

I love the vampire lord form, but I just can't get over the vulnerability that sunlight gives you as one of the bloodsuckers. You get really excellent powers and abilities, but the "travel by night or you'll suffer" and "don't expect that hood to serve a purpose" things really irk me. Time passes like crazy in this game anyway, and that makes it just as tedious to deal with, especially when you're questing in a crypt only to surface and find that it's already noon. They could have at least been gracious enough to offer an equippable black hood like Serana; let me at least look cool while I roast.

I'm with you there. But personally, I'm lucky to not have encountered any bugs with a certain DG main quest item. In my version of Tamriel, the tyranny of the sun is over.

jonathan90

well known member
I love vampires as dirty filthy blood sucking creatures of the night...

Only as assassins, and they make good assassins by the way;)
I think if your going to have a vampire assassin style gameplay. You just need to be ready for blood and gore, and some dirty stuff with blood sucking.

But I think vampires are just disscusting vile foul creatures of the darkness, and deserve to be killed. But they make dirty great assassins.:cool: And to be honest with you all, I would love to be a vampire assassin. Because I would be very interested in being a vampire stage 4 blood drain lord. eeewww..... yeah baby!!!!!!

I love it because it looks cool and the sun thing isnt really an annoyance to me. Magicka recharges normally. And if im stage four im pretty much invincible to ice attacks (50% vampiric ice resistance and 50% nordic ice resistance, for a total of 100% ice resistance). And plus i have fire resistance on my armor. So, not really a problem. And if it really does become a problem i just drink a potion of blood.

However in a moral standpoint if i want my character to be good i rather stay a werewolf or human, or if i do become a vampire it wont be by joining Harkon.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Yes. I love being a vampire in Skyrim. Whether it's being a Volkihar or just a plain one, makes no difference.

I only like vampirism from an RP perspective. I don't want to have to change to VL form to get any worthwhile benefits. Oblivion did a better job of it imo- giving attribute bonuses and all.

If you got bonuses to your magicka, health, and stamina while not in VL form then I think it could be decent. Maybe also either give them stronger regeneration abilities, possibly after feeding. Drain life is pretty weak as well, which never made sense to me.

JClarke1953

Do you think being a vampire in skyrim is good?

Do you think that it's a curse?

Or is being a vampire , just a pain in the ass?

Take my poll....

I've done the Vampire Lord thing, even killing Harkon and taking over the Castle, and killing the Dawnguard. After that, it was "errand" running like in the Thieves Guild if you're Guild Master, and the Dark Brotherhood as The Listener. After you get past some major and fun quests for any of them, then you begin running "errand's", a lot of them repeats.

So, I didn't join the Thieves Guild, did join the Dark Brotherhood (mainly to get Shadowmere), and have left them, and am questing with Selena after killing Harkon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts