• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I migrated forums from Bethesda's to this one. That thing is just out of control. You can't get a post up for more than 3 minutes without it being utterly buried in complaint threads. o_O

Anyway, moving on.

Dead is Dead can be a bit too much for most people, yet many of us still appreciate a challenge.

I have adopted some of the dead is dead concepts and made them a bit more forgiving for people who don't want to re-roll after one death. I realize its not possible that this is an original idea, just my take on it. Not urging you to play this way. It's just an idea. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day is Dead
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's simple, instead of starting over from the beginning of the game you start over from your current day.

You must have

1. A bed.

-Inns, Shacks, bedrolls in the wild, etc. If you can sleep in it, it's allowed.

2. Shelter from weather

-You can't sleep through a blizzard or a rainstorm on an exposed bedroll. Clear weather is acceptable.
-You can't spend the night in the snow without a fire pit or something similiar.

3. (pending forum suggestions)

---------
RULES:
---------
1. No fast travel, cart travel is okay.
2. On death, reload from the last time you slept.
3. If a follower dies, your options are to reload from current day, leave them dead, or use any spells to reanimate them.
4. If you are arrested, that becomes your save point when you go to jail.
5. No reload lockpick attempts (even in jail)
6. If you use a dungeon for shelter, you must clear the ENTIRE thing first.
7. Pending suggestions

Difficulty is up to you, your equipment is up to you. I have been doing this and it's pretty fun. A good way to get back into it if you are looking for something new to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some tips to make it more fun:

1. Carry only One weapon and armor loadout with a dagger or staff as backup.
2. have a wieght allowance essential items; potions, ores, crafting materials, soul gems, ingredients etc. Such as 10 pounds.
3. Carry one less weapon if you have a pickaxe or woodcutting axe.
4. Carry 5 lockpicks. Subtract 1 lb from your "essential items" limit for every extra one you bring.
5. (pending suggestions)

More suggestions can be found in this thread here: http://skyrimforum.com/threads/skyrim-hardcore-playstyle.2832/

---------------------------------
SCAVENGER VERSION
---------------------------------

-You are a poor scavenger who starts with nothing yet has limitless enthusiasm!
-Leave town in plain clothing with only your fists --or-- a dagger, novice level spell, Bow with 5-10 arrows, a shield, low level two handed weapon.
-No potions, not lockpicks, not crafting materials etc.
-Fight foes using the resources you have and use items you find on the way.

--------------------------------------
Werewolf Version Coming Soon!
--------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoy. Hopefully this stays up long enough to get read. If you have any suggestions let me know and I will add them to the list!

Khazrihl

This... why have I never heard of ANYTHING like this?

This is awesome, but I'm terrified. Because around lvl 25 or so I usually bump up the difficulty.

btw, welcome to the forums! Excellent first post!

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Challenge accepted! I, Barney Stinson, will do this.... wait i'm not Barney Stinson. Awesome idea, basically play realistic like without having to re-roll if you die and a few other twists.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Interesting idea.

Personally if you want to go hardcore. I reckon any injury you gain in the game you have to replicate onto yourself.

So if you get torched by a Dragon, FLAME ON!

brandon

i am down with this except one problem do you have to sleep? i dont sleep in these games or very much in real life either. but what if i walk home(house in whiterun) or to the closest inn. and do you have to do this every night or just once to start a new day?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
i am down with this except one problem do you have to sleep? i dont sleep in these games or very much in real life either. but what if i walk home(house in whiterun) or to the closest inn. and do you have to do this every night or just once to start a new day?
I sleep everyday for my character. It's mostly for role-playing purpose but it is also nice to get some experience bonus.

brandon

I sleep everyday for my character. It's mostly for role-playing purpose but it is also nice to get some experience bonus.
as a werewolf i dont get that which is why i dont sleep. but i will to start this ingame game though. and my follower died last night. stupid farkas was to dumb to use any of the 22 potions of health i gave him prior to the mission. next time ill take brains over brawn if i decide to use a companion.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...

You don't have to sleep if you don't want to, it's merely a way to mark your progress. You can walk to an inn or home every time you want to save. It's a "safe zone." Just pick some place that you designate as such and use that. The point is that we all usually associate shelter and a bed with a safe area.

If you want, change the criteria to fit your insomnia and I will add a werewolf variant to the first post.

brandon

You don't have to sleep if you don't want to, it's merely a way to mark your progress. You can walk to an inn or home every time you want to save. It's a "safe zone." Just pick some place that you designate as such and use that. The point is that we all usually associate shelter and a bed with a safe area.

If you want, change the criteria to fit your insomnia and I will add a werewolf variant to the first post.
ah i understand now your house/inn is like my patrol base in iraq. i totally get it now. ok i will start this game after i complete the thievs guild mission tonight.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I've been kind of playing like this on my Master character. I only fast travel by cart or if I have a horse and have cleared a path to where I was exploring I can fast travel home with my loot. I've only died a handful of times and I don't reload if something bad happens. I've lost 3 companions so far and by far the most painful was losing Lydia. I've been contemplating of making a Mage so maybe I'll play more strictly with weight restrictions etc.. and let you know my progress.

brandon

I've been kind of playing like this on my Master character. I only fast travel by cart or if I have a horse and have cleared a path to where I was exploring I can fast travel home with my loot. I've only died a handful of times and I don't reload if something bad happens. I've lost 3 companions so far and by far the most painful was losing Lydia. I've been contemplating of making a Mage so maybe I'll play more strictly with weight restrictions etc.. and let you know my progress.
dude ive been playing on adept and have had 4 followers 2 kia 1 mia 1 i married. only one i miss is jenasa the mia. im not counting her kia cause she disappeared after i got kidnapped by the db.

Beodix

dude ive been playing on adept and have had 4 followers 2 kia 1 mia 1 i married. only one i miss is jenasa the mia. im not counting her kia cause she disappeared after i got kidnapped by the db.

JEN is probably not dead, you just need to go back to where you hired her and pick her up again. I had the same thing happen to me when I did the Companion Quest with Farkas. I had Mercurio as a Companion and he went back to Riften. I was initially pissed because he had some high end gear but when I rehired him he still had it in his inventory so that was a relief.

Who did you marry? I married Aela, she is a real animal in the sack *wink wink*

brandon

lol thats who i married too. and yeah she is. but ive been back to the drunken huntsman multiple times. been to the bar. ive been back to all the inns outside of the major cities shes nowwhere to be found. i think she mightve gotten killed on the way back or something but until i find her body or her alive shes gonna be listed as mia.

Beodix

LOL - wow that sucks. Leave no man/women behind. I hope you find her if at least for piece of mind.

brandon

yeah i think shes dead cause when i asked aela to follow me before when i still had jen she said i already had a follower. but after i got out of the shack and asked her again she said ok. so idk the little messages never told me jen got bored like it did with a dog i found and had guarding my house.but lets get back to dragons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts