Creating a new character for Dawnguard

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
How many of you will be creating a new character for Dawnguard? And what kind of character—race, build, faction?

I've decided I will be creating an Altmer named Kalastria, after the vampire Kalastria Highborn in Magic: The Gathering. (Get it? Because an Altmer's racial power is called Highborn? Kind of proud of the level of geekery I have achieved with this idea, not going to lie.) I haven't decided on her build yet, though... I had been planning for awhile to play an electromancer and illusionist Altmer, but I'm not sure how well that will fit in with being a vampire. As for factions, well, she obviously won't be in the Dawnguard...

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I think I would like to run my two vampire builds through Dawnguard first just for fun. I'd probably create a new character after that. Haven't decided what race, but I tend to always lean toward the Nords.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Already started my new vampire. An Orc by the name of Kuffotto. He's a big brute, looks like he could tear a Werewolf apart.

Vinz

My Nord dual-wielder is going to kill some blood suckers with that epic dawnguard castle music playing in the background :cool:

Jersey Dagmar

I'm digging my Orc Vampire. Being a vampire in Skyrim is entirely new for me, so it's managing to keep the game fresh for me until the DLC comes out. I can't join the Companions, but that's not a total lose. I predict the Dark Brotherhood is in my Orc's future. :cool:

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I'm digging my Orc Vampire. Being a vampire in Skyrim is entirely new for me, so it's managing to keep the game fresh for me until the DLC comes out. I can't join the Companions, but that's not a total lose. I predict the Dark Brotherhood is in my Orc's future. :cool:

You can Join the Companions, become a Werewolf, cure yourself and go back to being a Vampire. I did that on my first play, although it does kill the whole "Companion" feel to it. I just got a kick out of a pack of werewolves calling a vampire their Harbinger. :)

Jersey Dagmar

You can Join the Companions, become a Werewolf, cure yourself and go back to being a Vampire. I did that on my first play, although it does kill the whole "Companion" feel to it. I just got a kick out of a pack of werewolves calling a vampire their Harbinger. :)

I've done the Companions questline enough to not care. Not my favorite questline anyway. But, thanks for the tip. Were you able to feed on them when they slept?

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I've done the Companions questline enough to not care. Not my favorite questline anyway. But, thanks for the tip. Were you able to feed on them when they slept?

Oh yeah. I've fed on all of their necks. I like to feed on all the Jarl's blood too. Whenever I want a real challenge, I enter a town at Stage 4 around 2am and cause chaos. After running from the guards and town folk, I hide for a bit, Metal Gear style. As they continue their search, I break into a house and feed. Makes for a good hunt. ;)

perkecet

i will certainly be creating new characters. plan on doing the dawnguard side first, since i've done sneaky vampire types quite a few times. i think i will finally bite the bullet and be a nord dawnguard. then i will once again do something new and be an altmer on the vampire side of things.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
I'd probably cure my Wood Elf of Vampirism and have him join the Dawnguard. Killing your own kind and all that.

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
I'll probably make some kind of elf (leaning towards Dunmer) and have him/her become a vampire. I've never played as one before so that'll be a whole new experience for me.

I will most likely make a warrior vampire hunter too. Maybe a Breton.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Simple. New character. But I'll be basing it off a old character I played in Morrowind. A Imperial. His name will be different though (due to being alive so long). It'll give me a good reason to role play a vampire lord and such. Haha.

Docta Corvina

My Imperial vampire-to-be is underway. And he is quite sexy. :cool: I'm gonna enjoy this play-through. ;)

Thieved Guild is (again, lol) most definitely on the list of things to do with this one.

Jersey Dagmar

I'm just enjoying the hell out of my Orc Vampire. He's just a powerhouse. And the vampire limitations and abilities are offering something new for me. Glad I tried out a vampire. Hopefully by the time the DLC comes he'll be a freakin' god. xD Already started the Brotherhood, and the Thieve's Guild will be probably be right after that.

MoulinRouge

I won't be starting another character. I already have a vampire character and she's ready to block out the sun(or whatever the vampires want to do).

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Am I the only one waiting for the DLC to start said new character? I'm wondering if there'll be new options in character creation, like specialized vampire eyes or hair or something. I realize this is probably not going to happen, but you know, juuuuust in case...

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Am I the only one waiting for the DLC to start said new character? I'm wondering if there'll be new options in character creation, like specialized vampire eyes or hair or something. I realize this is probably not going to happen, but you know, juuuuust in case...

I don't think they'll add any eye editing but new customization would be awesome. My vampire, lvl 55 has blood red eyes while me lvl 32 still has orange-gold. I wonder if the leveling has something to do with the eye color. Wish I could take quality pictures to show you but I'm a console.

Tom

Article Writer
i am having this same issue,

i like my assassin but he wont fit the roleplay i have already made for him as a dawnguard or vamipre lord.

so i might make a knight style class, heavy armour and sword n board style

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
i am having this same issue,

i like my assassin but he wont fit the roleplay i have already made for him as a dawnguard or vamipre lord.

so i might make a knight style class, heavy armour and sword n board style

I'm with Tom. I'll probably start out with my original character, heavily leaning toward the sneak/thief/assassin style and see where that goes. If I end up not liking it, I'll just delete it and start a brand new character. Dunno what that might be just yet. Will have to see where my original guy goes and how he goes. :)

Jersey Dagmar

I don't think they'll add any eye editing but new customization would be awesome. My vampire, lvl 55 has blood red eyes while me lvl 32 still has orange-gold. I wonder if the leveling has something to do with the eye color. Wish I could take quality pictures to show you but I'm a console.

My Orc has the orange gold, but when I made him, I give him red eyes. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts