"Who gets the Dragonborn's Soul?" Debate is finally at an end.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ivory

Let's Player
Many don't play ESO, but I do, and I follow the Lorebook series that the lore-writers of ES work on and they recently discussed the roles souls play in part a mortal's choice to where they go.

“In a book by Sage Svari of Fallowstone Hall, I have read that Hircine will claim the soul of any lycanthrope upon their death. That leads me to the question of who actually has 'the final say' about where the soul of a mortal goes after death, as this example would suggest that Daedric Princes have a greater say in this than Aedra have. Are there instances in which some kind of conflict between the divine forces over the soul of a mortal may occur, and if so, what would be the deciding factors in such a conflict?” – Inkwolf

Abbot Crassius Viria says, “Sage Svari’s statement that Hircine ‘claims’ the souls of lycanthropes is poetic but misleading. It is the mortals themselves who decide the destinations of their souls by the choices they make during life. However, that said, there have been reports that Worm Cult necromancers have devised a way of hijacking the souls of mortals sacrificed in a certain Daedric ritual. This would be horrid, if true, but so far we have not received definite confirmation of it.”

Now this means the Daedra do not have true control over your soul unless you make the choice to worship them. This means willingness to be punished by the Daedra for failing them

And yes I am aware this conflicts with what Kodlak says, and such in Skyrim, but the choice was made by the companions to accept the blood. Remember, no one is part of the circle unless they choose to follow the path of Hircine.

This means rouge werewolves don't necessarily go to the hunting grounds, or even that Vampires are cursed to Molag Bal's realm.
ESO Spoiler
Like in ESO, to be a vampire you join the Coven of Lamae Bal herself, who scorns Molag Bal and Arkay both. Abandoned by a God and cursed by a Demon.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
that's all good and everything, but someone's gotta be good enough to kill me first!

Interesting post in all seriousness. I always wondered about this. Figured what was described here was likely pretty much what happened.

I was gonna rep it, but you were one of my last five. As soon as we actually get some more reputable people around here, it's all yours.

:p

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Yeah, no daedric Prince is getting this dragonborn's soul.