Spoiler *Sigh* Didn't see it the first 20 times I looked!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
Well, i did it again. Finally got around to Silverdrift Lair.

Draugr falling left and right as I shrug them off like flies and beat them into submission.

Urns searched? Check.
potions grabbed? Check.
Septims gathered? Check.

Open the gate on the second level? Umm... well.... where the heck is that pull chain? Hmmmm... no pull chain. Anything on the floor? Outside the room? WFT. OK, i'll light a torch. Hmmm... lever anywhere? Don't see one. How about a button? No... A handle thingie? Well, i'll search again. Maybe back out by the walkways? Let's look all over again... COME ON! I know it's here somewhere.... Around again, and again, and again... Back towards the Spear Gate..... I'll just stand here and mope.

WOAH! Right there in front of me is a lever on a pedistal.... right in the middle of the freeking floor in front of the gate.

Well then, it was off for more marauding for me, chest puffed out and full o' piss & vinegar.

...just glad no one saw me.

(Anyone else do this often like myself?)

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I can't remember the name of the crypt (it isn't a particularly important one) but it's in The Pale or Eastmarch hold. The final boss battle involves two types of draugr, with fire coming out of pressure points on the ground (this description is so vague).

Anyway, near the beginning there's an area with a few traps and draugr, and the little lever you pull to open a gate is on a small stone pillar slightly further back from the gate. It took me ages to find the first time I did it

Another one... Pinewatch in Falkreath. A bit different because I didn't even know there was a button to look for, but it blew my mind when I noticed that small button next to the shelves that opens a secret passageway. I'd checked out that house a couple of times in previous games and didn't think anything was there so I'm surprised I ever bothered going back in, not to mention noticing the button on the wall. I wonder how many other people found that secret passage by accident?

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
It's happened to me several times, the most notable being Volkihar Castle. There's a spot where you activate a candlestick next to a fireplace in order to proceed. I searched that bloody castle through and through... Found it right away after breaking for ale. :beermug:

Voorth

I think the only other one that gave me trouble was in a dungeon with the falling wooden platforms where the lever was behind and above you as you looked out over the gap where the platform would fall. Turning around, i could never see it. So i ran willy-nilly all over the place. Even had to sleep on that one. Finally I just happened to see it. I learned to be a bit more patient since then, but that damned Silverdrift thing.... lol

Reactions: Sah

Mithro'I

OMG yes. I do this soo much. And I usually end up searching for that hidden lever for ten minutes, before noticing there was a chain right next to the door all along -.-

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Yes, it happens. I always forget how to do that stone light puzzle thingy in Ustengarv.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I think the only other one that gave me trouble was in a dungeon with the falling wooden platforms where the lever was behind and above you as you looked out over the gap where the platform would fall. Turning around, i could never see it. So i ran willy-nilly all over the place. Even had to sleep on that one. Finally I just happened to see it. I learned to be a bit more patient since then, but that damned Silverdrift thing.... lol

The Gauldur Amulet quest in the crypt near Ivarstead? I think that's the one. There's one really obvious lever but the one you need is a bit more hidden- I've had frustrated moments there in the past too :)

Voorth

Missing a lever is nothing! I had been playing for two years before I noticed that Whiterun had a second inn.

Whiterun has a second Inn? Oh...

Voorth

For some reason, even unknown to me, i took a fancy to the chef's hat.

First one I found in a chest and thought it looked quite fetching on my character.

I currently am wearing the Nightingale Armor and need to update my Avatar with that armor with my Chef's Hat. I think this version is 40% Fire resistant or something.

And I just look so damn awesome, I can't seem to take it off.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Voorth, if my rating showed as 'disagree' let me know, I've just tried to replace it with 'funny' (my original intent).

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts

First one I found in a chest and thought it looked quite fetching on my character.

I currently am wearing the Nightingale Armor and need to update my Avatar with that armor with my Chef's Hat. I think this version is 40% Fire resistant or something.

Don't change it! I dont't wear chitin armour anymore, but you don't see me changing my avatar!

Voorth

Voorth, if my rating showed as 'disagree' let me know, I've just tried to replace it with 'funny' (my original intent).

I just got up to 25 posts, so i can do the fancy icons now. I was wondering when i would be able to do more than just "like" a post.

Voorth

Don't change it! I dont't wear chitin armour anymore, but you don't see me changing my avatar!

Yeah, you're right - i'll keep it. I do look stunning. :-)

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale

Indeed it looks awesome! I made an actual Chef build based on Gordon Ramsay awhile back; he used homecooked stews and meals instead of potions, was going to actually fight with enchanted knife and fork... never actually did much with him though.

Indeed it looks awesome! I made an actual Chef build based on Gordon Ramsay awhile back; he used homecooked stews and meals instead of potions, was going to actually fight with enchanted knife and fork... never actually did much with him though.

And he would use SHOUTS as his primary offensive weapon.

Sah

*mumbling chefs hat indeed*:rolleyes:......unbuttons top button of armor....then a second....hello <3....ummmm...hi <3.......:eek:

every one still o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O at Chefs hat....:sadface:

:sleepyface:

Voorth

Lol!