Info Kishan --- Enthuz22 Character 1

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Enthuz22

Name: Kishan Braudil.

Race: Nord.

Date of Birth: Morndas, 5th of of Hearthfire, 4E 174.

Birthsign: The Lady.

Place of Birth: Dawnstar; Skyrim.

[want a pic? look at my profile pic!]

Nickname(s)/Alias(es): N/A.

Sexuality: Heterosexual; attraction to the opposite sex – in this case, females.

Religion: His belief includes the Eight Divines, more notably Akatosh, Arkay, and Kynareth. He enjoys the Breton legend of Ebonarm, also, and proclaims a disinterest in Daedra.

Current Residence: Morthal; Skyrim.

Affliction(s): Not initially. This will most likely change in-RP; if it does so, I will not update this, but I will make a note of it in my signature, along with occupations and affliations. All diseases have a likeliness to come across Kishan in-RP, with an exception of werewolves, seeing as they are more commonly prone to killing than to the limited drainings of vampires. Remember, although vampirism and lycanthropy are both hostile diseases, more natural diseases such as Ataxia, Bone Break Fever and Rockjoint can be just as dangerous.

Occuptation: Bounty hunter, initially. If work gets too dry, he will move, but it has not yet proven so.

Affliation(s): No initial affliations with any guilds or factions. If he had to go with a faction, he would step in with the Thieves Guild, although he has no particular interest in thievery.

Political Views: People believe in what they believe in, no exception. The Thalmor are power-hungry and believe in their dominance over all else; but how could anyone hope to change their minds about that, just as nobody can prove the existence of the divines? He leaves the politics alone as much as he can, leaving it to the rest of the world to figure it out. If the ideals of a political party, however, become openly hostile or have changed their ideals, he may be “forced” to take an extra step back. It would be a rare day when Kishan's hand is forced into a political opinion.

Physical Details: Kishan's eyes are light-green, his eyes narrow and clear, with a slight hint of fatigue at the corners of his eyes. If unbound, his hair would be naturally straight and tickle his upper back. He usually keeps his hair bound into a bun, however, and may even cut it. It is a deep dark-brown color, and a few thick strands spill out onto his forehead. His eyebrows are neutrally curved. Kishan sports a very light, thin, and nonetheless rogue-styled circular beard, with peppered facial hair along the top frame of his neck and his jaw, connecting to his hair line just in front of his ears. It is very likely that his heard will thicken in time. (If in the vanilla character creation for a Nordic male's facial hairstyle, you'll notice that there are two lines of beard styles very similar to each other, the first with facial hair along the jaw and the other with a simple circle with no facial hair along the jaw. He has the first one, with the facial hair along the jaw; it is three options to the left (decreased) from the first one's thick option. In time, just imagine his beard going from that option to the right – thicker options, that is, which show that over time, his beard has grown.) Due to archery practices over several years, he has fitting muscular tones, which show in his posture. It may not seem like he's real buff – that's due to the muscles tightening with use and becoming closer to the general bone structure; his muscles, therefore, are hard to the touch, and not at all tender except for in the forearms. He sports callaused hand joints, and the insides of his forearms are lined from his earlier years when he was beginning to learn archery. An old scar from such a time could be spotted along his jawline, vertically sported, although it is so old – although it had been deep and fleshy once – that all that is left is the skin of a scar, tight and hard, long-since healed

Alignment: True-Neutral; doing what feels right and seems like a good idea, a true-neutral doesn't feel strongly in one side of any argument, and doesn't believe at all in the elements of solid good and evil, law and chaos. They tend to stray from conviction and bias, rather than a commitment to neutrality. They think of good, generally, better than evil. Nonetheless, they are not committed to keeping good in power – only keeping evil out as long as it is an obvious threat to the balance between both. Again, rather than commiting to neutrality, they focus on philosophy. Uusually, true-neutral is the best alignment one could hope for, as it is well-balanced and mindful; however, it can also be incredibly dangerous if it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction. Luckily, Kishan is one of the “good” true-neutrals.

Class: Ranger; skilled stalkers and hunters, they make their home in the winderness. Their combat education is equal of a warrior, but they lack the dedication to the craft of fighting. Instead, the ranger focuses his skills on training again a specific enemy that he most likely holds a grudge against and hunts above all others. However, Kishan is generally aimless, although he does claim to be a bounty-hunter – that is not what his target type is meant to be. They often accept the role of guardian, aiding travelers when they wander into the woodlands. Their skills alow them to move quietly and stick to the shadows, especially in their natural settings, and have an included unique knowledge of the creatures that live in that specific setting – in Morthal, trolls and the rare chaurus come out only at night, and their probabilities of entering town domain – especially chauruses for their nesting season – is a small percentage more likely than basic creatures of the lands surrounding Morthal, which is similar to most of Skyrim except that the swamps and bogs surroundng Morthal have a higher population of spiders. An experienced ranger has such a tie to nature that he can actually draw from the surrounding natural power to cast spells, much as a druid may, and like a druid a master-ranger is often accompanied by one or more animal companions. This comes much easier to Bosmer. However, although Kishan is a generally experienced ranger, his only magical resources are his own, although unlike most Nords he has a higher magical absorbtion probability, meaning that he leans more towards magic. That is common for rangers, as they are not only masters of archery and stealth, but also of magic, accompanied by magic and a voice sweet to the ears of strangers.

Major Skills: Archery, Light Armor, Sneak, One-handed, Speech, Alchemy.

Minor Skills: Illusion, Alteration.

Spells: Oakflesh --- Novice Alteration --- improves caster's armor rating by 40 points for a minute.

General Skills: Navigation/cartography; movement noticeably more silent and less likely to be detected, especially in woodland settings; survival; hunting and skinning; fletching.

Weapons: His choice melee weapon is similar to Orcrist from LotR lore – it's spine is straight, but the one-sided blade is curved inhard a hand from the hilt, thickening two hands from the tip before smoothing back to a neat, thin point. However, the curve inward is less dramatic, and the thickening near the end of the sword is less noticeable. It is a dark-stained steel, forged after an ancient Hammerfell blade, with altered edges to better fit “modern” Tamrielic combat. The hilt resembles a “sleeping black wolf”, one eye closed but the other slitted open, revealing a tiny flash of a carved dark amethyst. The hilt is curved noticeably, also, although it is short enough to make wielding it with two hands uncomfortable. This type of sword resembles a “cleaver” or Chinese dao. Orcrist's engravings re not on this sword, which means no elvish swirly marks. It's name is Idris. He had found it in the hands of a criminal during one of his bounty-missions, and took it for himself; the name 'Idris' was carved near the hilt, and so it was named. It's edge stays solid, and it has not yet failed him.
    He also carries a skinning knife, but that is not used for combat, although he does keep it close on his person (inside of boot, not very deep – it's a thin knife, with a very closely-compacted sheath that keeps the edges from goring the shin of his leg) instead of in his knapsack or at base.
    His usual weapon is a murk-wood (Kishan's name for the swampland-woods surrounding Morthal, as they are murky and dank) bow, strong and supple. He keeps an eye out for when he will need to replace it, as the string will soon fray and the wood will soon bend and splinter. A much more suitable bow would be a steel bow, with leather wrappings to keep it from gleaming. Arrows are less of a problem, as he is willing to set out to nearby holds (although he hasn't yet, although he will soon due to Morthal's poor trade and Dawnstar's aversion to luck) and he knows how to fletch them.

Apparel: Leather armor similar to Thieves Guild armor, although it has no band of pouches across the chest; it is replaced by non-metallic strips to keep the quiver firmly in place. Also, the shoulder armor pads are larger but made of softer leather, and the chest armor extends to cover the top part of the thighs. The knee pads are much smaller and softer, also; the gauntlets are thicker, although softer at the insides of the forearm, and the right gauntlet extends to create a thin but hard three-finger glove of sorts so that the archer, Kishan, will not have his fingers grind and bleed via the bow-string. The hood is stiffer and looser.

Items: Foodstuffs are for running back into the town inn. On his person, Kishan keeps a small knapsack with a leather notebook and emergency foodstuffs, along with bounty-letters and a leather water canister. When he returns to Morthal and it's Inn, he often has a stash of books waiting for him.

Personality: Kishan is one to keep his silence only to prove a point, or to seek out truth. Much more goes on within his head than any words that flow from his lips. He is a seeker of knowledge, and immensely enjoys philisophical arguments and conversing with strangers on many topics. He is curious and yet wary, keeping words from his heart and experiences close to mind. His personality will further develop in-RP, and details of his personality will soon be clear to us both.

History: Life as a child in Dawnstar was as normal as it could be. Kishan's brother Qagmir, six years older than him, was both a bully and a mentor – but more so a mentor. Qagmir (kwa-ag-meer) and Kishan (key-shahn) were inseparable. Qagmir was raised to one day become the head of the family business of trade-by-boat – travelling from port to port, trading goods, and even hiring merchants and adventurers on swell years when there was no bad trade. Kishan was raised to be one of such boat-merchants, and at the time he believed that that was his destiny and fate, and he accepted it gladly, proudly, and without remorse. He was an apprentice in the trade (upon land, at the time, for he was not yet experienced and successful enough to be accepted as a boat-trader) when his father died of Bone Break Fever; even then, he hadn't accepted Sovngarde, dying on his feet as he refused to die shriveling in a bed. He had been walking downstairs to sit on the porch last time, but the bones of his legs failed him, and he crumpled and fell down the stairs, a concussion giving him a swift death. Qagmir took his father's place as head of the boat trade. Their mother committed suicide two months after their father's death, after experiencing a long bout of depression and anxiety. Qagmir was a changed man after their parents' deaths, but he kept strong and began a strong continuation of the family business. Kishan was confused by both of his parents' deaths, and sought understanding. There were no monks or priests in Dawnstar or the closest surrounding towns and cities, however. Kishan, too, was a changed man; at this time, he was twenty-one years old. He had no more feeling for the slow, vile ways of merchants, relying more on conviction than reality. In fact, he felt he was no more fit to be a citizen of Dawnstar. Somewhere slightly warmer, with trade upon land instead of sea, would do better – or hunting and fishing, perhaps. He longed for “honest work” and thus turned to hunting. He learned from a passing traveller, Islandir, who took to him, the ways of archery, stealth, and relying on nature and a swift boot more than mystery and a bloodied blade. But Dawnstar was no place for hunting, and again Kishan thought of moving. He still loved his brother, but Dawnstar and boat-trade was not his cup of mead. When he had soonly turned twenty-seven, Dawnstar began to become afflicted with terrible nightmares. Trade practicallyshattered on Dawnstar's end – farming, mining, and other goods injured the boat-trade, although the traders themselves travelled enough that they were not heavily affected. Kishan decided it was time to leave. He left for Morthal, along with a few other villagers. There, he could focus on hunting. Bounty-hunting came into mind, and as he began that kind of work from Jarl Skald the Elder, the people of Morthal – ever wary and openly untrusting of strangers, newcomers, and travellers – began to accept him, although they do not oft speak of Kishan...what would have to gossip about, when he was already clouded in mystery? He kept in the forest, away from folk and yet close enough to the town, living on the corrupt vices of others. He wasn't always wholly happy about this, having a hopeful aversion to vices himself, yet it paid well enough and he was kept alone. Yet adventure is now what he seeks; gone is the time when he urged for peace and rendering criminals unconscious and in the hands of justice.

Extra Details: Dialogue of Kishan is in green and other characters' are in white.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    This is a damn good character, but it should be in Character Profiles, not in its own thread :p

Enthuz22

I know, EpicVakarian, but I have found it over the past years much easier to refer to a single thread for my signature for reference than a long, jumbled one. Much more personal, too. If I made any new characters, I could add them to this thread; I forgot if I can change the title of threads that you are the author of. I will post Kishan's bio on the Character Profiles.

As to your opinion of my character itself, why thank you! I'm quite pleased to hear that!
    I would like to shout out that when I clicked on the link in your signature to your characters (the first URL) it said '404 not found; The requested URL /blog/epicvakarian.25295/ was not found on this server'. Your blog URL, however, did work. Just thought I should shout that out :]

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I would like to shout out that when I clicked on the link in your signature to your characters (the first URL) it said '404 not found;The requested URL /blog/epicvakarian.25295/ was not found on this server'. Your blog URL, however, did work. Just thought I should shout that out :]
    Thanks for that! I didn't even notice.

AS88

Staff member
    I know, EpicVakarian, but I have found it over the past years much easier to refer to a single thread for my signature for reference than a long, jumbled one.

This site has a function where if you click on the number next to the like and reply buttons (e.g. #45), you can get a link that you can embed into text in your signature, like mine.

Enthuz22

Maybe you could have had a reference for all your characters in your blog, like i did. Just a suggestion for the future :)

Aye; however, if you'll check my signature, I already have a link to this here thread, noting that it's for Kishan's bio specifically.

I know, EpicVakarian, but I have found it over the past years much easier to refer to a single thread for my signature for reference than a long, jumbled one.

This site has a function where if you click on the number next to the like and reply buttons (e.g. #45), you can get a link that you can embed into text in your signature, like mine.

I see that! And I have just given a try and it's an excellent and successful function! Was that always there?

AS88

Staff member

I see that! And I have just given a try and it's an excellent and successful function! Was that always there?

As long as I've been here!

Enthuz22

I'm so utterly amused by how I never noticed that! Then again, I was having a memory default for the past recent years, but it's getting better. In any case..yeah... lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts