• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Whoa! Dabs is coming back!

*shouts to the rafters that Dabs is back, then runs out into the street shouting it across the neighborhood*

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Name: Alice Psyrakon
    Race: Imperial
    Age: late teens (Approximately 18, though she's small and young-looking enough to pass for 15 or 16)
    Class: Arcane Ranger (Sword, bow and stealth skills augmented with destruction and illusion magic.)

Looks: 5',0", pale, cream colored skin and small but curvy breasts. She has neck length ebony hair and no scars, blemishes or age marks of any kind save for a scar on her right shoulder from a Thalmor sword. She almost always wears a smile and is usually clean and presentable.

Equipment: A fire enchanted yew hunting bow (Mother’s Fire) passed down from her mother and steel arrows that she taught Alice to fletch herself. During the fletching, Alice is able to enchant the arrows to explode in a fireball spell upon contact. Not only is the target damaged by fire and the shock of the explosion, but is showered by splinters of burning wood and steel. The arrowhead itself is designed to explode inside the target, doing severe damage to it's innards. Unfortunately, such arrows are very expensive and time consuming to make, so she doesn't use them very often. She can brew several poisons and apply them to her sword or arrows but damage health, slow and paralysis are her favorites. She has no qualms about using poisons against game or beasts but is reluctant to use them against people, doing so only when necessary.

She also wields a shock enchanted imperial sword (Father’s Steel) forged by her father and an unenchanted steel dagger for utilitarian purposes.

Alice wears a very special type of leather armor that her mother taught her to make. It's a form fitting white bodysuit that covers her entire body from her throat down, minus her hands but including her feet. It's made from dyed leather and reinforced with frostbite spider silk, producing a light and very strong material: Strong on the order of steel chainmail and with a fraction of the weight. The suit opens in the front via a Dwemer invention called a zipper, a moonstone track starting at the groin and ending at the collar and is opened and closed by a fastener, ending at the collar when closed. The soles of the armor's feet are made of dotted rubber, another Dwemer invention created form an alchemy recipe and provide good traction when walking. The armor is also enchanted with Ebonyflesh and Fortify Stamina for additional protection. (In summary, think leather footy pajamas.)

Over this armor, Alice wears a pair of brown leather knee high riding boots that also close with a zipper, have rubber soles and are enchanted with Fortify Carry Weight and Fortify Stamina. She has a pair of matching leather gloves with the same enchantments and a blue dress with short sleeves and a mid thigh length skirt. The dress has three brass buttons and a fine collar that goes below her throat that she keeps buttoned up. The dress has the same enchantments as her armor, but is more for style than actual protection. Alice also wears a simple silver band on her right ring finger and a pair of small silver earrings with a tiny sapphire in each. Both have Fortify Magika. (The entire outfit together makes her look something like Link in the Zora Tunic from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.) She also has several pairs of one piece footy pajamas that are of similar style to her leather armor but are made of soft, light mixture of tundra cotton and wool (the closest Elder Scrolls equivalent of fleece). This makes them warm and very comfortable and the resizing and self-cleaning enchantments add to this. Part of the self-cleaning enchantment is a weak heat spell to keep them warm when not in use. Alice, her little sister Cilla and their stepsister Mila treasure these pajamas and are able to swap pairs whenever they choose thanks to the resize enchantments. Alice's favorite pair is white with black skulls and black ribbed cuffs and collar. She always has at least this pair when travelling.

Now that she's at the College Alice wears her armor only rarely, instead preferring novice college robes with knee high mage boots, a hood and a pair of gloves that match her boots. Her mage outfit is enchanted to fortify her illusion magic, her area of study, and to increase her magika but the outfit is to keep her warm just as much as help her studies. Alice has never liked the cold and Winterhold is the coldest place in Skyrim so her robes, boots, gloves and hood are all lined with fur. This, in addition to a pair of thick socks and a pair of white long underwear she wears under her robes keep her warm and comfy in the cold college, not to mention making her look cute.

Personality: Alice is extremely friendly and outgoing. Her small size and endearing nature make her easy to love and adore. She loves to meet new people, talk to them and get to know them. As a result, she's a friend to most people she meets and leaves a good impression on almost everyone. She also has excellent manners and is very good at addressing those in power. She's very intelligent and has mixed illusion magic with archery and tracking to become a cunning hunter and archer. She's good at moving quietly through both urban and wooded environments and could be a very good thief if she wanted to. However, she sees such behavior as not only grossly dishonorable but extremely unladylike.

For the downside she's emotional, a little immature, sensitive, sometimes impulsive and a bit of a drama queen. Much of this is due to her young age but she feels very deeply and tends to dwell on things a good deal more than she should, especially when she feels alone or unnoticed.

She's a devout worshiper of both Talos and Mara, her father teaching her the honorable ways of the former and her mother the kind-hearted ways of the latter. She seeks to act honorably in all aspects of life but also has a desire to share her love with everyone.

Alice also has a stranger side to her in the form of a very special gift. Alice is able to see into the future. She was born with this power and has learned how to use it to See things she’s interested in, but she’s never fully understood it or where it came from. She and her family have determined that it’s a gift from either Akatosh or Azura but they’re not sure which one. Indeed, both have helped Alice at different points in her life, both through dreams and direct communion, so she pays homage to both. She’s certainly more comfortable accepting guidance from the Great Dragon than the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn, but is willing to accept either in times of need.

For Alice to see anything more than a passing glimpse takes great concentration on her part and reaching far into the mists of the future requires the assistance of others. Even with proper discipline, the future is always changing so there’s no guarantee that what she sees is the absolute truth, or that she’ll understand it. It could be nonsense, it could be a convincing lie, it could be true but unhelpful or it could be the key to saving the world. It all depends on luck and the will of the gods.

Relavent Backstory: Alice's father's covert worship of Talos was discovered by the Aldmeri Dominon one year before Helgan, as well as her mother's status as a former Blade. Thalmor agents chased her and her entire family out of their home in the Imperial City and burned it down. They fled to Bruma so some of her father's friends could take them to Skyrim, but they were betrayed and captured. Rather than die at the gallows, they all broke out and fought out of the city and into the Jerrall Mountains where more Thalmor agents awaited them. Alice's mother died defending her children, her father was incapacitated and she was separated from her little sister and two brothers as they either fought or fled. Alice suffered grievous wounds herself when she stayed and fought after her father told her to run. She was quickly overwhelmed by the Thalmor but her father killed all of her attackers in an attempt to save her. Afterwards, he begged her to run and this time, with her eyes spilling over with tears, she did so. She hobbled a few feet before succumbing to her wounds and passing out. She was rescued the next day, but her father was separated. She was brought back to the Imperial City and he came back to look for her but was captured during the search. After several days of planning with some new friends she had made, Alice broke Simus out and the two were reunited. After resting for a time, they headed north to Skyrim to join the Stormcloaks, find the rest of their family and rebuild their lives as best they could.

Over the last year, the family has been partly reunited. Alice's twin brother Titus was found among the Companions and with their father Simus being an old member they were welcomed with open arms. Their little sister Cilla was found after a long hunt for a vampire syndicate, starving and sick, but they were able to rescue her and take her to their temporary home in Whiterun. Unfortunately their oldest brother Stephen died trying to protect Cilla and sacrificed himself so she could survive. It was a tragic loss and Simus still goes to Stephen's grave outside Whiterun every week to see his dead son.

However, new members of the family were added in addition to the old ones. As they got to know the city Simus and Alice befriended Carlotta Valentia and Simus eventually took a shine to her. After he stopped Mikhail's pandering towards her and she helping to nurse Cilla back to health she saw where his priorities really were and they started seeing each other. Her Mila and his Cilla soon became fast friends and they found they were quite a bit more than that. They're currently living together in Whiterun, along with their girls, to see how they do as a family. Alice loves both of them but is having trouble accepting Carlotta as a stepmother.

Alice is a new arrival at the College, only having been here one week. She's here to better practice her illusion and destruction magic but she's also here to rest and work out some long-building issues that have finally gotten too much to bear. Losing her mother to the Thalmor gave her a bad case of survivor's guilt she's never really dealt with, only suppressed. Accepting Carlotta as her father's new girlfriend and her new mother figure has been stressful, even though they love each other, and Alice has never been able to express her frustrations or realize that she doesn't have to forget her mother to let Carlotta into her heart. The stress and fear of the Civil War has been overwhelming and Alice has a lot of built-up guilt from the fighting, fear of death and most of all, killing she's had to do. With the war in a relative lull, she has time to deal with all of her issues and heal her mind. Being the best source of magic and study of the mind in Skyrim the College is the perfect place for this.

So far things have been difficult for Alice. This is the first time she's been completely away from her family since the Thalmor attack in Cyrodiil and even though the College staff is here to look after her they're also here to make her face her inner demons, which is both scary and stressful. Tolfdir, the College's alteration mage and teacher for new students, is helping her talk through her issues in a role similar to a therapist while Colette, the restoration trainer, is proscribing potions to treat the deep depression Alice is only now realizing she's suffering from. Mirabelle, responsible for the day to day runnings of the College and for showing new students around, Is Alice's primary caregiver, responsible for making sure she eats, sleeps and is comfortable while also coordinating with the rest of the College staff to make sure her treatments are going well. Alice herself spends her time reading, napping and practicing illusion and destruction magic with the other students but she's gotten moody and depressed, her usual smile gone. Mirabelle's concerned for her and is trying to get her to interact with the other students more. Alice needs friends and love right now and she's not getting enough of either.

Magic skills:

Adept: Illusion. Calm, fury, fear, courage

Apprentice: Destruction (flames, frostbite, sparks, fireball enchantments for her arrows, enough control for household chores such as lighting candles, heating and cooling drinks, warming up blankets or running a hot bath) and Enchanting (fortify stamina, fortify carry weight, fortify magika, ebonyflesh for her armor, self-cleaning enchantments for clothing)

Novice: Alteration (light sources only), Restoration (healing minor injuries to herself and others) conjuration (summoning and dismissing small items like mirrors, brushes, handkerchiefs, or coin bags.)

Likes: Magic, reading, meeting people, hunting, walking forests, warm blankets, being held, hugs, cloths, shopping for cloths, trying on new cloths, making cloths, fawning over cloths she doesn't have half the septims to buy but is sure she could make herself.

Dislkes: Unkind people, dishonest people, being alone, bullying, radishes, the Thalmor, violence, direct sunlight, being told she's short, dirty jokes, books written by Alessia Ottus, being told it's time to leave whatever store she’s shopping at.

Last edited:

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Sorry for the long backstory. I know it's a lot to read but Alice is one of my most developed characters and has a lot of history. I'll take blue by the way.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    tumblr_inline_mjjg3sI1NU1qz4rgp.gif

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I look forward to it Kitty. Alice and Dabiene have good history so she'll be more than happy to take care of her if Dabiene (the user) decides to use her.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Alrighty, I'm still trying to decide.

I'll make Dabiene and try on a few armors, however I'm still leaning toward Gunnar.

I'm trying to decide what battle mage armor to give her though (I have immersive armors installed). Dragonbone mage armor seems unrealistic for obvious reasons. I may just choose ebony since she can afford it with her em... privileged background.

Doesn't mean she's invincible. She doesn't use illusion magic much at all, except maybe a calm spell or two. And while heavy armor can protect her from most things (also adept in enchanting) it's heavy, and not very moveable.

Speaking of adept, Dabiene is pretty proficient and would have two skills past adept. Which is what I'm worried about.

This is also why I wanted to use Gunnar, another battlemage I wanted to use :p Just think of him as Onmund 2.0 XD

I think I read that the RP is about novices/adept young mages looking to get into trouble ;) Dabiene is by no means, a rookie XD

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Dabiene enjoys a good adventure though. You could just put a limited on her considerable powers and explain it as her holding back so the youngbloods can grow and practice. She's a natural nurturer so she would be good with that.

Dabiene Caristiana

I just came up with an explanation that's perfect, thanks to you simus :p

Remember how Dabiene has to keep her temper and special doggy powers in check? I could have a recent incident happen to where she doesn't go overboard with powerful spells which could make her go crazy. When she was younger she didn't have much control of her spells and abilities. Which didn't help when she gained lycanthropy.

In short: She has to keep higher tiered spells and abilities in check, otherwise a 'spark' could happen and she may not be able to control it.

Whether this could be caused by a recent trigger of nightmares, illness, etc. it could block her from using her higher up abilities.

I'm pretty creative..

Thanks for the inspiration Simus! :p

Dabiene Caristiana

Very well then, I'll set up things and have it ready to go tomorrow. :) If you need a gloss over on her stats and such, I have it in my blogs for my characters.

Dabiene Caristiana

Updated Dabiene's pic (also using it as a profile pic). Was a bit of a pain in the butt since I used microsoft paint. I suppose I could have used GIMP but I didn't feel like firing it up :p

Now I need to fish for her info and bio. Crap. XD this is gonna take a while. I also need to update her character card since she obviously won't use dragonbone.. but I'm a bit lazy of putting ebony in instead of dragonbone. Everything else is pretty much the same.

... damn, she looks a lot different from my xbox version. Then again I didn't have a lot of options for character creation LOL.

Ahem, anyway, gonna go find that bio.

Attachments

• Dabiene Caristiana profile card.png
      Dabiene Caristiana profile card.png
      441 KB · Views: 7

Dabiene Caristiana

Unfortunately I can't fish it out without spending days in the "character card thread" in the roleplay section. Looks like I have to start from scratch lol I'll use your CC as a base Kitty.

Dabiene Caristiana profile pic.jpg

Name: Dabiene Caristiana
    Sex: Female
    Race: Breton
    Sexuality: Hetero
    Class: Battlemage
    Home town: Born somewhere in Highrock to a Noble Family
    Deity: Julianos
    Afflictions: Lycanthropy
    Affiliations: Collage of Winterhold, Companions, Imperial Legion
    Main Skills: Destruction, Conjuration, Onehanded, Heavy Armor

Appearance:
    Brown, Medium length hair. Hazel green eyes, Silver when angry enough. Average Height, 5'6". Slim but muscular build, toned. Slightly pale. High Cheekbones. Roundish face (Common among Breton folk).

Dress/Outfit/Armor:
    In battle: Ebony Mage armor (heavy)
    Out of Battle/at the college: Standard College robes
    In town: Noble Clothes, Fine clothes

Weapons and Tactics:
    She is very adept in Destruction and Conjuration. Often summoning and Atronach before charging up a fireball or two, or firing off a few chain lightnings if there are many enemies. When her magicka is drained she either summons a bound sword, or if she has it on her, her treasured Imperial Ebony Sword she received as a gift from a soldier whom she had saved.

While she is a powerful mage, she has a disadvantage as far as speed. And due to not having nord blood, powerful frost and lightning spells can easily be the end of her if she has no ward up.

She prefers Offense to Defense.

Magical skills:
    Main Discipline: Destruction
    Weakness: Lightning spells (drains magicka), Ice/frost spells
    Adept:
    Destruction, Conjuration
    Apprentice:
    Alteration, One-handed, Enchanting, Restoration, Heavy Armor
    Novice (not very skilled):
    Illusion, Alchemy
    Rest of the skills she has little to no practice in. Skill set modeled mostly after Disparity mod.

Preferred spells:
    Destruction: Fireball, Chain lightning, lightning bolt
    Conjuration: Summon Flame Atronach, Bound Sword
    Alteration: Candle light, Oakflesh, Stoneflesh
    Restoration: Heal, Heal other, Lesser ward
    Illusion: Calm, Courage
    Bio: No one really knows where Dabiene was born exactly, only knowing that she was born in Highrock, home of the Bretons. Born to a Noble couple who, unfortunately for her, cared little for her in regards to nurturing or personally socializing with their only child. Using her only as a means to an end as far as politics, they had planned to marry her off to a lazy rich youngster which made desperate attempts to try and whoo her, much to her disgust. Her name supposedly came from a drunken night, a foreign maid, and a heavy dose of infant magic. Dabiene was very gifted, more so than the average Breton mage, not that her parents seemed to notice, ever. When she was in her crib crying, a maid tried to calm her down whilst her parents "celebrated" their newest born investment. Dabiene only calmed down after she made a single bean hover just above the dinner plate of the left over meals her family had. Enraptured, she had stopped crying and started laughing. The maid of course was absolutely astounded and shouted, "DA BEAN! DA BEAN! TIS FLOATING!" Her parents of course, being in a drunken state, laughed uncontrollably and begrudgingly impressed at the magic. Thus, she was named Dabiene. After hearing the reason for her name sake when she was older, it is said a few windows were shattered around the house by lightning bolts from bottled anger.

After fleeing her house full of physical and psychological abuse (which she refuses to talk about to this day), she ran to the College of Winterhold in her early 20's. Hell bent on mastering magic she studied for a few years before wanting a bit of adventure. After a few months trying to gain respect with the warriors of the Companions, she finally succeeded in gaining skill with swordsmanship. Furthering her progress allowed her to obtain the 'gift of hircine'. Having the extra strength grained by this 'gift' meant also having her conditioned to wear heavy armor. In short, she was a fireball tank. However after signing up for the Legion to be of use, the poor woman started to have nightmares and uncontrollable rage and bloodlust, causing her to be discharged and returned to the Companions, locking herself away from others at long periods. Concerned for her welfare, Aela, her 'alpha', tried talking to her but to no avail. After having Kodlak finally breaching the door he found her curled up on the floor, emaciated, starving, and shaking violently. Almost immediately the Harbinger sent the twins Farkas and Vilkas to find a way to control the beast within. After not finding anything for the next few days it seemed all hope was lost. Kodlak then soon found a way to control the beast. The legendary Ring of Hircine was said to help control the urges of the beast. Dabiene, desperate for a solution, finally found the ring but only to quickly throw it away after having her urges increase. Having ultimately decided to find a way to get rid of the beast within, Hircine appeared, angered by her actions in throwing away his gift. Never mind throwing his sacred ring in the dirt. Dabiene was then cursed on the spot. Due to her fiery temper should she ever get angry to a point of rage, the beast would then be unleashed. Not only did she have the moons to worry about, but her own powers and anger turning against her. Devastated by these turn of events, the poor Breton woman ran away back to the College of Winterhold to desperately search for a cure for the curse.
    Personality: Dabiene is independent, however will concede with help if it is clear that it is needed. While not the religious type, she silently sits in bed at night, hoping and praying to Julianos to help her find the knowledge for a cure and also thanking him for her magic. Although not in relation to her curse, she is by nature kind and generous. She likes children in particular possibly because she believes she will never have one of her own. She is very studious for obvious reasons, thus loving conversations involving any form of intelligent discussion.
    Likes: Fine foods, music, magic poetry, high class lifestyle (not snobby about it however), books, intelligent people. Solitude and the College are favorite places. Loves animals, history, children, intelligent conversation.
    Hates: Arrogant nobles, Thalmor, mead. Loathes Hircine. Hates the civil war, politics (even though raised in them). Bandits and vagabonds. Thieves and assassins. Cold climates. (unfortunate due to college location)
    Traits:
    Good: Independent, good intentions, humble, having honesty and integrity

Bad: Stubborn, fiery temper, prone to outbursts due to irritability (due to curse)

----------------------

EDIT: Let me know if you need anything changed. :) I'm flexible.

Last edited:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    I love it Dabs. There are two things:

Do we know that she is a Werewolf?

We wanted only one adept magical skill, but in saying that, given her age and the length of time she has been at the College, We are willing to let her be adept in two skills.

Apart from that, she's a great character.

Dabiene Caristiana

Oooh Simus be pumped up! I like it!

Getting jumped up to, as demonstrated by my new avatar

<-----

As far ingame details such as her being a werewolf, the senior members know as well as the arch-mage. It's intentionally kept a secret from the newer members just to keep them safe, and not be afraid that a big bad wolf is gonna come into their room at night and snatch them up. (Little Red Riding Hood anyone?)

So as far as other people's characters are concerned, I wouldn't think so. Would they find out in the story? Most likely. Hope that answers your question. ;)

For the skills, I thought you referred to maybe two magic skills. I suppose I could transfer Heavy into Apprentice. Since it is a 'passive' skill... Yes, yes... I think that'll work better.

Dabiene Caristiana

I have to apparently start over looks like with Dabiene in game in order to take pictures. Game is constantly crashing. Can't figure out what's causing it.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Sorry Dabs. It's differing time zones I think. I will work on the IC thread this week.

Yeah my game has been playing up a little lately too. Not sure why but I suspect it might be the "Add more Blades" mod which I am playing with right now. Ah well. Lost an hour game time yesterday due to CTD. So I raged quit. I really need to turn autoasave back on.

Dabiene Caristiana

Well, I turned autosave features off because I get a lot less CTD. I usually save or quicksave (I prefer doing hard new saves) when I travel a long distance, complete a section of a questline, or complete a quest itself.

I'm having a mod author trying to figure it out because I told him one of his mods (Spell Creator) was crashing my game. He asked so see my load order so we'll see where it goes with that.

Ahem, anyway, off-topic. :p

Whenever you guys/gals are ready. No rush. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts