OOC Conquer With Fire II

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Nice second person start, also don't you ever stop creating Awesomeness?
    XD XD XD

I totally forgot about you talking about the lack of 2nd person writing! It only makes this entire thing that much more worth while. I'm really glad you like it. Kyne knows Hlif and I do.

Oh, and no. No we do not. ;)

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Name: Mance ( he doesn't freely give out his last name)

Race:Nord
    Class: Sell-sword
    Height:6'0
    Weight: 200 lbs
    Religion: The gods don't really concern him most of the time
    Afflictions: none
    Affiliations: none
    Dialogue color: Yellow

APPEARANCE:

Hair: Medium black hair and a light beard

Mance is a good looking man that women love and men would depise and threaten if not for the fear of getting something cut off. He is not a vain or arrogant man, so he lets the people do the talking for him. His mother always said that women love and should be weary of a man like him; dark and mysterious.

Eye color: blue

Jewelry: Several rings on his hands. A sapphire ring on his right ring finger, a ruby ring on his left pointer finger along with a specially made and personal ring on his left ring finger

PERSONALITY:

The good: Smart, skilled, understanding, witty, funny
    The bad: Sardonic, can be overly confident, can act on his will alone.

Likes: Gold, company of women, fighting, reading, and a good drink
    Dislikes: Stupidity, arrogance, people who bother him, most kings, queens, and royal officials

GEAR:

Weapons: A steel longsword that he has used for most of his career, sheathed on his left side, and a slightly curved dagger sheathed behind him on his lower back

Armor: Sleeveless brown light leather armor and a long black cloth shirt

Skills: Master: One handed, light armor
    Adept: Block, archery
    Novice:Restoration (healing) and Destruction(Fire to cauterize his wounds if need be)

HISTORY(more will be revealed in the story) :
    One would expect an exciting or tragic story about his childhood, but in fact it was quite normal. He had parents who loved him, a father that showed him how to fight and hunt; most things a father shows his son. His mother taught him how to read, cook, and be a good judge of character. The family lived in Solitude most of his life, and his parents made honest livings (His dad was in the legion at one time or another)

Mance was a normal child, nothing out of the ordinary. His favorite thing to do was not play with other kids, but to train with his sword and spar with his father. Both of his parents decided to hire a tutor to help better their son mentally and physically. He was a son any parent would be proud of.

After sometime, he decided to hire himself out as a sell-sword, thus making his fame and fortune. He was so skilled, that he had become renowned. An average boy turning into a skilled swordsman? The joke was not lost on him During his travels, he had heard about a resistance forming against an evil. Mance is not dumb; he knows that evil wins, he won't have a job, or anything else at that. Mance is a practical man, not a stupid one. If he didn't help than no one will have the chance to live. He really hates being dragged into quests like this. A sell-sword with a conscious. Very unheard of, and with obvious reasons. As solitary as he is, he does enjoy like minded people and a woman he can share his times with. So maybe in some way he is doing it for the good of everybody else. He didn't like to play with that thought any longer than he needs to.​

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Nice. Once I get home and get an hour of sleep in I'll get a post up.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    I'm about to do something that is one of my pet hates.. break a promise.. I can't post tonight.. I was out all day and have to do business plans and meetings tomorrow morning..so I can't post until tomorrow afternoon. So sorry. I will work on my post though, and I can usually type something up in about 5 minutes.. so hopefully it won't be too inconvenient for you guys.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I'm about to do something that is one of my pet hates.. break a promise.. I can't post tonight.. I was out all day and have to do business plans and meetings tomorrow morning..so I can't post until tomorrow afternoon. So sorry. I will work on my post though, and I can usually type something up in about 5 minutes.. so hopefully it won't be too inconvenient for you guys.
    That's it kitty you're out, I've had enough of this plops.

JK. Take your time, you don't have to rush your post, we're all patient here ;)

Andre Marek

Happy Birthday boss!! And in other, other news, I really will try and post soon.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Happy Birthday, Wolf! :D

I will do my best and post today. Was catching up on a few of the other threads before I got to these new ones.

Andre Marek

I'm still working on his updated bio so I'm not going to include it just yet but here is Mareks updated CC. I'm also working on a more story-like CC that I might put up later.

General

Name: Andre Marek

Alias: Marek

Sex: Male

Race: Nord-Imperial

Apparent Age: 34

Affiliations: Occasionally meets with members of almost all major factions in Skyrim and Cyrodiil when he requires information specific to a job or target. Also has connections within the Imperial courts as well as the Legion.

Marital Status: Unmarried

Property: Owns a small but well appointed property hidden in the foothills on the Cyrodiil side of the Jeraal Mountains but is almost never there

Family: None, all deceased

Afflictions: None

Religion: None. Reliant on his own skills, morals, and beliefs.

Appearance

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 215lbs

Build: Mesomorph. Wide shoulders, narrow waist. Well proportioned but very muscular, with long legs. Keeps in as near to perfect shape as possible through constant training and daily workout routines when circumstances allow it.

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Hair length: Very short

Facial Hair: Short stubble

Eye Color: Dark grey

Facial Features: Strong jaw line with a long, prominent chin. High cheekbones only slightly wider than his jaw. Long, straight nose and deep set, piercing eyes

Skin tone: Lightly Tanned

Scars: Long scar stretching from left ear to the tip of his chin. Several scars and burns on his back, arms and chest from the tortures inflicted by the Thalmor

Tattoos or piercings: None

Personality

Description: If there is one word that describes Marek, it's Stoic. He has made a habit of keeping his face neutral of any expressions that might give anyone an insight of what he may be thinking. As such, it is generally very hard to get a read on Mareks mood or what he may think about a given situation. He is very intelligent and is an extremely analytic thinker. He almost never takes anyone for their word, even among long time friends and he always thinks through every possible outcome of a situation. This isn't to say that he isn't trusting. Instead he is simply aware that people are imperfect and will have biases or perhaps not be as well informed as they may believe.

Temper: Low. He doesn't usually react to insults but if he sees something that he finds morally wrong or goes against his sense of honour he can be prone to violent outbursts or uncharacteristic displays of compassion

Outlook: Marek is somewhat cynical but due to his critical way of thinking, he tends to see the world for what it is and not what he or anybody else wants to believe it is. Therefore he generally lives in the moment and reacts as he thinks the situation at hand demands.

Major opinions: He hates the Thalmor and does everything he can to bring them to justice. He tends to view Vampires as evil creatures but he is more indifferent towards werewolves. Because he was tortured by means of Magic early in his life, he tends to have a general distrust of it and those who use it. However, he is not against using any and all tools at his disposal, be it enchanted weapons, potions, or poisons.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Honor: High. Despite how many view him, Marek is a man ruled by his own code of ethics and morality. If he thinks something is dishonourable, he will state his mind and there is little anyone can do to dissuade him from his opinions.

Good traits: Moral, Self-disciplined, Extremely Intelligent

Bad traits: Cunning, Ruthless, Sarcastic

Likes: Bringing people to 'Justice', good food, knowledge, exploring, coffee

Dislikes: un-ethical people, injustice

Habits: Often toys with his knife when bored. Sometimes clenches his right fist for no apparent reason. Cracking his knuckles

Goals: Although some might disagree with his methods, ultimately, Marek wants to do his part to make the world a better place. Short of that, his main goal in life is to see the Thalmor destroyed.

Skills and Gear

Armor: Marek wears a lightweight set of custom made travel armor. This consists of a leather undershirt that extends to about mid thigh worn under a chainmail overshirt that reaches a few inches past that. Over this he wears a worn black leather coat, tied at the waist to prevent it getting in his way, that falls to about mid calf. On his feet he wears dark leather boots with a steel shin plate which is also painted a dark grey. His hands and forearms are covered by thick leather gloves and steel bracers the same colour as his shin guards. Over all of this he usually wears a drab brown travel cloak made of wool to help him blend in with the wilderness and protect him from the elements. He also carries a medium sized leather satchel under the cloak which he keeps his few personal items in.

Weather Clothes: In the face of adverse weather, Marek replaces his outer cloak with a heavier wool cloak trimmed and lined with black fur.

Weapons: On his left hip is a long, hand and a half sword with a wire and leather wrapped hilt. Running up the lower three quarters of the blade is a narrow blood groove. The very bottom, where the blade meets the hilt, is slightly narrower and flares out just as it runs into the grip. The whole weapon is just over three and a half feet long and tappers slightly as it gets closer to the tip where it cuts sharply to a strong point, easily able to pierce steel plate as well as flesh; he has dubbed his sword, 'Judicator'. On the opposite hip is a simple ten inch dagger. Both weapons are fastened on by a heavy leather arming belt. He also keeps a smaller, six inch knife tucked into the side of his right boot.

Fighting Style: Although he sometimes offers his skills as a sell-sword which require him to kill his targets, Marek is primarily a bounty hunter, meaning that most of his targets must be captured alive. This means that he has become a master of unarmed combat. Few people could hope to match him when things get up close and personal. His size gives him a brute force advantage over most smaller opponents, allowing him to easily shrug off lighter blows and end the fight quickly. For larger opponents, he utilizes hit and run tactics and never allows himself to get into a situation that he is not in complete control of. His analytic way of thinking shows itself in his fighting. When faced with a more skilled opponent, he often prefers to pick apart their weaknesses one by one rather than test himself against them directly. In a no win situation, he has been known to use poisons and dirty tactics in order to either win or at least escape to fight another day.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hlif and I will have our post up either tonight or tomorrow morning. Depends on our ability to communicate. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts