OOC A Grimm Legacy [18+]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Yeah, you must have missed it. You (Specter) and Valin are already accepted, because your CCs were completely unique and fit well into the story. I'm choosing two more out of Simus, Blitzz, Madrar and Fellowknight.

EpicVakarian

Hey, Blitzz, what subjects are you taking at AS? I know you told me before but I've forgotten >_> <_<

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Biology, Maths with Statistics, Chemistry, History

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

EpicVakarian

Ah right. I did history, got a D :/ Did chemistry and maths too, but doing better at those. And I did Decision with my AS maths. That was a mistake. >_> <_< I haven't done biology though. I did physics instead. Much better :p

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Name: Gjorn Frost-Fist
    Race: Skaal Nord
    Height/Weight: 5'10" / 156lbs
    Class: Berserker
    Dialogue: This

Appearance:
    Hair: Very pale blonde, bordering white, flowing down to his shoulders but with his fringe tied into a braid kept to the left side of his face.
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Skin Color: Pale white, as is expected of a Skaal.
    Build: Very muscular, but slight enough to be mobile in combat.
    Usual Clothes: When travelling he wears his Skaal clothes, thick and padded and designed to keep him warm. Casually he will wear a simple shirt, normally a dark colour, and boots. In combat he often wears his Skaal clothes, or his Nordic armor, but will forsake most of his clothing in favor of mobility if the odds are against him.

Personality:
    Positive traits: Fierce and fearless, easy-going and struggles to dislike people.
    Negative traits: Partially insane, overly violent, slow to trust, somewhat dim-witted, headstrong.
    Dislikes: Warm places, Stormcloaks, men without honor, people who are over-confident.
    Fears: Failure, being dishonored, castration.
    Aspirations: To take revenge on the Stormcloaks, to rejoin the Skaal.

Combat:
    Weapons: The man is a walking armory and his weapon of choice changes by the hour. He has many weapons, including a variety of daggers, a pair of Stalhrim short-swords, a Nordic long-sword and a particularly nasty Stalhrim mace. Those are just a few, he tends to only carry a few at a time, but will take all of them with him. In total, he has 12 weapons. His strength, however, allows hi to carry all of them whilst travelling, but it is impossible for him to have more than three on his person whilst wearing armor.
    Fighting Style: As a Berserker, Gjorn uses a series of rituals and herbal concoctions to induce a trance-like state before most of his battles, allowing him to completely eliminate any sort of fear so that he can throw his entirety into the battle at hand without needing to think or be scared. He hacks and slashes and stabs, trying to do all he can to tear his opponents to pieces with flurries of strong blows rather than calculated attacks.
    Skills:
    Master: One-Handed
    Expert: Two-Handed, Light Armor
    Adept: None
    Apprentice: Heavy Armor, Smithing (only for basic repairs and tempering)
    Novice: Others

Other:
    Family: Brynjar Frost-Fist (Father), Gyrnyolf Frost-Fist (Older Brother), Harnjolf Frost-Fist (Younger Brother)
    History: Gjorn's mother died during childbirth, and his father resented him so much for it that he refused to even whisper her name in his presence. Determined to overturn his father's hatred for him, he began to train for countless hours to become the greatest warrior the Skaal had ever seen, and at just 12 he killed his first Riekling, an accomplishment for one as young as him. He became obsessed with weaponry, spending vast amounts of time with the village smith to learn how to repair and maintain his own, but did not have the patience or delicate hand required to make his own, much to his disappointment. His fighting, style, however, always seemed to cause conflict with the village elders. They disagreed with his methods, believing he was using demonic power obtained through his rituals by the Daedra. Furthermore, they began to see the effect of the concoctions on his personality, as he gradually became more and more aggressive and violent towards the others in the Skaal village. One day when he was 24, after an incident in the village, the details of which he has never revealed to anyone outside the village, the Elders decided it was time for them to be rid of his recklessness, and so he was banished from the village and forbidden from returning.

In Raven Rock, he was looked down on as a brute, seen as stupid and unreliable by the Ashland Dunmer, who as a result refused to give him work. He had many fights with the people there, until most were scared of him. After just five weeks living in Raven Rock, he left, using gold he had managed to loot from criminals in the Ashlands to hire a boat to Skyrim.

He arrived in Windhelm, the seat of the Stormcloak rebellion, during an uneasy peace. He tried to settle in but struggled with the idea of civilization, and large urban ares. He tried to join the Stormcloaks, hoping to seek retribution by earning fame through battle. However, Ulfric looked down on him from his throne and laughed, judging him as a false Nord, not a true son of Skyrim, and continued to laugh whilst his lieutenants set about beating him at the base of the throne. Gjorn managed to fight of the first and the next two, but eventually the six Nord men managed to overpower him and kick him out, leaving him broken and bloody, with a busted nose and many broken ribs, to die on the streets. A kind healer, a dark elf woman living in the 'grey quarter', took pity on him and saw to his wounds, until he was well enough to travel.

He left south for Riften, a place that had a reputation to be feared. Gjorn was determined to make his way there and start fresh. He quickly attempted to establish himself as a mercenary, but his unorthodox methods once again prompted rumors of Daedra worship, and very few people trusted him with their contracts out of fear that they were accomplishing a task by hiring demonic power, an indirect deal with the Daedra. It became so, that Gjorn was approached with only the most dangerous tasks, the ones that sane mercenaries had turned down, tasks like slaying giants and other incredibly dangerous creatures. He was paid poorly for his work, and mad only enough to survive.

It was not long before Robert Grimm created his machine, an alien concept to Gjorn who thought that he had to be the last Dwemer to create any sort of machinery. It became Ulfric's weapon, and Gjorn was disgusted by it, shocked that a man that held himself in such high regard would stoop as low as to slaughter his enemies with disease instead of slaying them in combat. He remembered Ulfric's thunderous laugh as he was beaten bloody, and vowed to take revenge on the false High King of Skyrim. He heard of a group of adventurers, undeterred by Ulfric's slaughter and oppression, and began to seek them out, in hope that they could help him defeat Ulfric, destroy his accursed device, and maybe help him gain enough glory and renown that he would be accepted among the Skaal once again.

EpicVakarian

Very imaginative CC, Blitzz :D Right, everyone; you should all know by the end of the night (3-4 hours from now) whether you're in now or you're in the waiting list, and in what order.

EpicVakarian

Yes, I've decided. So, here goes.

Blitzz and Simus, you two are accepted. Congratulations :p

Now for the waiting list. Fellowknight and Madrar; sorry to have to reject you for now, but keep up if you like, and we'll welcome you into the fold if anyone either drops out or fails to post :)

Right, I'll sort out the cast list, and we can begin the more detailed plots. The IC will most likely be up either Saturday or Sunday; if not, you'll probably have to wait until next Thursday.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I feel bad for the others now :sadface: *fives simus reluctantly*

EpicVakarian

Okay, so; Specter, Valin, Blitzz and Simus; where are you intending your characters to be at the start of the RP? Because I'm thinking they should meet Robbart and Rose in their house, in Ivarstead. If it would suit you better to be somewhere else, could you say so, too.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Meeting in Ivarstead is fine Epic. There are many wicked folk in Riften for Elspeth to execute so it's reasonable that one would try and fail to evade her in Ivarstead.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    It makes sense for Gjorn ti be in Riften as that was where he was trying to live, but he can move ti wherever its appropriate

EpicVakarian

Wow, Riften was a good place for you guys. And Valin's character doesn't seem to have any preference to location. So, let me refresh my memory.
    Simus' character is Elspeth... what's her second name?
    Specter is Delsindomien...? Something?
    Valin is... good lord. Itachree-Jash-R'za. Hey, Valin, mind if we call him Jash or something shorter like that?
    And Blitzz is Gjorn... Snow-fist? ...Close, Frost-fist. -_-
    Right. So, my opening post in the IC will be Robbart and Rose sat at the table inside their house waiting for people to turn up, on its most basic level. Any sub-plots you all want to include? Simus, we could include the group going to help Elspeth deal with her daughter, if you like. Any other personal quests you'd like to include?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts