Wouldn't it be awesome if you could become jarl?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I could see all those things happening if the game were perhaps, like an online mmorpg where players roleplay, take on positions and build cities to run guilds from, etc. It'd be interesting to see a TES Online some day.

stagnant94

I don't understand why people think this Jarl thing would be cool, everyone hated being king in Fable 3, in morrowind you could have your own hold but all it meant was a place to sleep and some npcs you could buy and sell stuff from. Also people say a Jarl wouldn't need to be boring, but Jarls are politicians, they are like state senators, their jobs would prevent them from going out on adventures because they would have to stay in the keep to hear people worries and complaints, settle legal disputes etc etc etc. Sure bethesda could just say "naw go out and adventure" but I like to think that they actually care about thier own lore.
well then, perhaps a sort of stand in jarl while the actual jarl is busy doing fluff all? Cough* falkreath *cough. you don't necessarily have to be an actual jarl. and i also mentioned that this could work absolutely fine in a future elder scrolls game such as elsweyr or somewhere.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
Oh god, being Jarl would be awesome. People would feed me peeled grapes all day long... Would be amazing!

stagnant94

forget building a house, forget hearthfire, forget adoption. MY HOLD IS MY HOUSE AND MY PEOPLE ARE MY CHILDREN.

on another note. it doesn't even have to be a jarl, you could be a thane of say, winterhold and the jarl says: you would be fit to bring my hold back to full power while i... am recovering a disease/am away/sleeping/can't be asked/murder children/move to cyrodil/join the stormcloaks/visit the face sculptor in riften. etc etc

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I could see all those things happening if the game were perhaps, like an online mmorpg where players roleplay, take on positions and build cities to run guilds from, etc. It'd be interesting to see a TES Online some day.
Your wish is Bethesda's command.