Private The Lost Sands of Volenfell

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    The watchmen scuttled after their orders from the chief, both scowling and one bleeding profusely from his ridged forehead. Yet, Uglúk did not turn to mock or curse them, he simply grunted in response to the chieftain and walked over; standing just behind one of the figures, an argonian, since he had no troubles with being blocked by anyone considering his height.

So, he stood there, silently and awaiting the chieftain to speak with them further.
    Although he did survey the small throng he was part of....and became a little more dubious...

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "Lena, do not disregard this man," said Nagisus to Lena, "I have seen werecrocodiles before in my time, on my journey that went haywire and I ended up in that scum-sucking land Skyrim, instead of the fruit-juice-sucking land of High Rock. It was a huge, muscular creature, with horrible staring eyes. Luckily he didn't notice me, he was eating a rootworm." He then turned back towards the Chieftain. "We are all congregated, and ready to listen. Where are we to head?"

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Leepdroon tried to get his mind away from the desbelief of the wood elf, whose name he then realized was Lena. More people kept coming, one even had problems and fought against two of the guards. Leepdroon tried to figure out his race, but he had never seen any of that race. It appeared to be a mix of Orc and Nord.
    He didn't judge any of the other adventurers much. A woman that was quite pale, too pale to be a living being. Larguz, who appeared to be up the task of leading the expedition. The insolent bosmer, or Lena and her friend whose name he hadn't heard yet, but appeared to be uninterested in the artifact or the point of being there. At last a Redguard who appeared to be used to the harsh weather and who he didn't know much about yet.

After everyone who was expected was present, Leepdroon felt ready to begin the journey and replied to the chieftain. "I believe the last explorer arrived... I am ready to listen to your plan." He then pulled his hood a little forward to protect him from the sun in the eyes and folded his arms, waiting for the elder chief to reply.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    The chieftain nodded at the request of the Argonian to start the discussion. "Very well, we shall begin. I suggest that you keep your misunderstandings within yourselves and discuss about them later when we are done." He took a swig from a canteen and continued. "Your job would take you mostly around the western parts of Hammerfell. Arkilftand, a large dwemer ruin, partly subterranean, is your major goal as within it lies Volendrung. The chamber that houses the daedric hammer is locked and can only be opened with the right set of keys, three to be exact. These keys are beings kept individually in dwemer ruins so I suggest those who are afraid of dark and claustrophobic places to get over their fears. However, these keys are ordinary bits of metal if not worked with specific magicka; they require an enchantment found in one of the books of a museum in Taneth." He grabbed a slightly worn map - torn around the edges, holes on some parts, charcoal markings on some areas, and stains indicate that the map was used more than it should have been - from a small end table beside him, and rolled it open facing the adventurers.

"If somehow the heat got to your brain, we are here, a few miles south of Sentinel. The dwemer ruin of Arkilftand is located a few miles south of Dragontail Mountains. Nihktichet, one of the ruins that holds a key, is just beside the borders of Bergama. Mundanchahrk, another dwemer ruins, is in the center of the capital city of the Rourken Clan which is near Gilane. The last of the dwemer ruins is near the County of Antiphyllos, its name escapes me but I am sure a few individuals in the county would know." The chieftain took a piece of charcoal and marked all the locations as he mentions them, creating a larger circle south of Dragontail Mountains where Arkilftand is.

"The museum in Taneth won't take lightly of you using one of their prized pieces and has quite the security there so I suggest you don't go in there packing arms and magicks; a more subtle approach would be more fruitful. You are briefed of your situation, anything you are unclear of, just ask Larguz. I have provided you with supplies that would last for three days. If ever you run out immediately, Larguz is with some few coins for trade. If that's not enough, you could always beat a few dune-dwellers for their stolen goods." The chieftain chuckled at his last remark but was interrupted by Larguz. "Chieftain, in Bergama, should we consult -- him?" The old orc's face of bliss turned to a stern one at the suggestion of Larguz, his easy take on early talks of death seemed to affect him much less in comparison to that one individual. "If it can't be helped."

"Your rewards is of the usual coin." He stood up and walked towards the longhouse, his stride is slow as if with burden and regret. He turned to Larguz with eyes that could be described as with slight worry. "I am already at my last hours as chieftain, make sure you come back and bring honor to our clan name as the new chieftain." The old orc left the group to their discussion as he entered the longhouse, shutting the door behind him. Larguz only gave a small nod in response, before turning to his comrades.

"Right then, we will be first heading out to Nihktichet, a day of traveling. Our supplies and your equipments would be carried by a packlizard. We don't have any camels or horses so we are traveling by foot, any of you unfit for traveling in the heat, bear with it." Larguz walked outside the stronghold to attend to their reptilian companion, making sure that the ropes that bind their supplies are secure. He stood beside the packlizard, awaiting his companions under the heat.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "Not the packlizard!" Nagisus yelled the moment Larguz had finished, slightly wide-eyed and looking secretly towards Leepdroon, before seeing the packlizard that Larguz had been talking about."Uh...well, anyway. I should be okay as long as I don't run out of water, and I have plenty of canteens on my person." He went and stood by the orc at the packlizard. "Ours is to ask what this little thing's name is," Nagisus said, kneeling down and taking a few roasted histcarp out of his pocket and feeding them to the packlizard. He then wrapped the grey cloth tighter around his neck, and gave the lizard a small stroke.

(( P.S. Regrettably death won't be able to get on today. Just informins ya! ))

Writes-Many-Posts

Leepdroon was amazed as he had never seen a packlizard before, nor even heard about that kind of lizard. It didn't look so bad to trust his equipment to a reptile that was strong enough to resist the desert heat. He took off his satchel and put all the potions he was carrying on the lizard. It hissed as the weight on it's back increased. "I hope the hissing has a friendly meaning." He said, slapping the beast's back. He then put on it conjuring robes and a few bottles of argonian ale. "Anyone who feels thirsty feel free to take out a bottle... This desert is not something to toy with..."

He then put his satchel back on his belt and approached Larguz. "Could you... tell me what was that about you becoming the new chieftain? Why would you need to change chief? Are you unhappy with your current one?" Though he knew quite a lot about dwemer and falmer, his ignorance about the orsimer was very noticeable and he wished to raise his knowledge about the orcs. That was another advantage of that journey.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Uglúk had listened quietly and respectfully, yet, he had remained highly alert to the resentment that reverberated through the air towards him from passing orcs. Prejudice wasn't a hard thing to shake in centuries nevermind a few minutes.

He rose with the others and was completely fine with the fact of walking. He had had to walk everywhere his entire life - no horse or beast of burden were capable of carrying his bulk. He didn't even place anything on the pack lizard as he travelled light in the first place and bore no inessential items on his person; no sentimental trinkets of luck or love - just steel and water. Life essentials to one such as Uglúk.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    "She has no name. Those that do what is necessary should not be in the least be compared to our way of life - including the customs of names." Larguz gave gentle pats on the reptile just above her left leg. "Reliable beings, such as her, does not deserve to share common ground with us complex yet undeniably ignorant people." Larguz gave a slightly strong pat behind Nagisus, enough to reel him slightly. "You beastfolk seem honorable enough. Perhaps one day, you'll earn yourselves to be called for what you are and not be named to associates yourselves with your kind."

After rummaging through their large cloth covered belongings, the orc looked at Leepdroon to address his question. "It's not about us being unhappy, he is a great leader, actually. Our culture dictates that when a chieftain reaches an age that is elderly for us, he should relinquish his rule through an honorable death, given by the hands of whomever wishes to succeed him. Most here in our clan wish to escape this tradition --" Larguz stopped with his little speech as he looked upon the half-breed. "What about you, brother, have you had your fair share of this - our - cultures?"

Writes-Many-Posts

Leepdroon looked at the horizon for a brief moment. Nothing was within his sight but rocks, vultures and small whirlwinds the warm desert wind made for short seconds. Were the locations so far?

He left Larguz to talk to the half-orc and isolated a little from the group. What could he do? Misanthropy... He took a deep breath from the breeze of the desert. "The good side of this, is that there is no nature here to protect... Only dead plants and very few animals, whose feathers and skin aren't even worth it." He yawned. The trip was long and he had been walking for at least twelve hours. His hope was that they crashed somewhere in the desert during their journey. There shouldn't be so many bandits around the sands of Hammerfell with the temperature issues, so the sleeping would be safe. Unless the desert had some secrets that no man deserved to uncover...

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Uglúk grunted (as was his way of pervading many types of communication; be it chuckles or annoyance) and looked at the Orc who had addressed him with an unchanging and stone cold expression.

"No," he began, voice deeper and more gravelly than any man or mer, " my kind are half bloods, shunned by both who helped sire us..."
    He tightened the thick leather fitting across his chest with strong arms and calloused hands, and gave off a general 'matter of fact-ly' air; he was not here to make everyone feel sorry of him and (in fact) expected much more of his 'companions'.
    "I was raised in the dark almost my entire life. If it was not darkness it was dust. If not dust, then stone and metal. But there was always blood."

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "You think that's bad? When I was a hatchling, I lived in a neighbourhood with Dunmer in it!" Nagisus jested, trying to lighten the mood that was dampened by what Ugluk had said. He then went over to where Leepdroon was. "Hello there, marsh-friend," he said, trying to start up a conversation, "what do you think of this whole mess? Because what I'm thinking, is that I'm planning which land-strider to eat to stave off starvation when we inevitably get lost, and which ones to skin and make into a tent," Nagisus said sarcastically, with a hoarse cough, as some sand had blown down his throat.

Writes-Many-Posts

Leepdroon listened to his fellow argonian companion. "I hope he's joking... Yeah... He is joking... Isn't he?" Who could predict it? They would be in the hands of the coyotes and rattlesnakes of the desert. Not a good fate from there. Then they would be underground in some dwemer city and probably facing his least favourite creature, the Falmer.

"Honestly, I have no idea what to think of this! We fight side-to-side with experienced fighters from the orsinium and different people from all of Tamriel. It is fascinating how powerful the artifact we seek is." He rubbed his eye due to the sand that hit it. "I hope we get out of here soon... A sandstorm is coming and we are defenseless here in the middle of the desert. You spoke about your childhood. Did you live in the Black Marsh when a hatchling?" Leepdroon said, remembering the civil war and the raid that killed both his parents during a sad time in Argonia. "Not really a merry province. Or charming, or suitable for any non-reptilian or poisonous being... But still, I am proud of calling it home and yelling I could survive there my whole childhood, something no nord or imperial can brag about. Hehe..."

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Uglúk looked up to the sky that had become obscured by a thin layer of scummy coloured clouds.

They were right,...a sandstorm was on the way.
    Yet, the half-breed wasn't one to complain and he started to adjust the ragged scarf around his neck; fashioning it into a headscarf. The thick, yet scarred material was wrapped around his head and pulled over his brow and his mouth and nose, until just his fierce eyes were visible.

Uglúk rolled a shoulder and the leather sheath for his greatsword moved on his back; the sharp orichalcum metal catching the fragments of light that remained and gleamed menacingly. The twin steel axes shifted in their holsters when Uglúk moved his hips and all his weaponry seemed as natural upon him as if he had been born with them.

He cast a glance over at Nagisus and said not a word in response to the argonians attempt at lightening the mood. Instead, he redirected his attention to the cap on his waterskin; checking it was still tight and in place.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Larguz just stood quiet with the half-blood's answer, not that he felt shock with his definition of a story but that he felt that talking about it with him will not really gain any positive ends. With the rest of the group finally ready, Larguz grabbed the rope attached to the packlizard's halter, and pulled on it to urge it to move. His description on her reliability is evident as the lizard moved in a reasonable pace. "Let us go, the journey to Nihktichet will be long and quite dangerous." He adjusted the long cloth that draped over his shoulders so that it covered the lower portion of his face. The skullcap he is wearing provides enough protection from the heat but not from rushing sands.

The orc guided the lizard as he walked briskly forwards into the sandy horizon, his strides are not that of courage but of determination.

~--------------------------~
    Not long after the group has moved, unknown figures are already on the move as well, following their steps from beyond the obscuring dunes; they creep and stalk with expertise, like they are one with the sands and one with the sun that burdens and hinders the common folk. Their motives are unknown, but the numerous weapons that gleam against the golden rays of the bright star on their backs suggest that it is not friendly in the least.

Writes-Many-Posts

While walking on the simmering sands, Leepdroon felt about to faint. Again. He took out a bottle of argonian ale and drank it all without even coughing. The heat made the sweet alcohol evaporate even before it went completely down his throat. "Are we..." He took a deep breath. "Close?"

His line of sight was getting shorter and all went dark for about 2 seconds. The argonian opened his eyes wider and finally saw the sunlight that was making the trip so painful in colours again. A figure showed up in the horizon. It was elegant and was levitating, glowing a bright green light. A spriggan?

"Goldenleaf?" He whispered to himself. She got closer and he was about to greet her with a kiss. When the spriggan was close enough to be touched, she faded away. "Curse this heat! It's messing up my brain and making me see mirages!" "This adventure and that hammer better be worth it!" He thought, already revolted by his "brilliant" idea of joining the orsimer in a quest for an item forged by a daedric prince. "What was I thinking?"

As they walked, Leepdroon couldn't stop thinking about how disturbing he was feeling. Like if he was being observed. That feeling was increasing as they proceeded through the orange sands of Hammerfell. And when a former assassin and thief says so, it is usually a very bad sign. Not wanting to disturb the rest of the group and believing it was the desert's fault, he shut his mouth and drank another whole bottle of the ale of his kind, which he favored a lot.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Lena listened to Nagisus as he warned her about the so called dangerous werecrocidile. She looked at the werecrocidile and she could tell he didn't like her, but she didn't really give one about him as hne was justy a companion. Lena then listened to the details that the Ork Chieftan gave about their journey and Lena was already feeling tired and they still had to venture inside three different dwemer ruins, then break into a dwemer museum with high security then after all that they have to go past the Divines only know what to get to the Volendrug.

After he gave the deatils he went into the longhouse and they were left with the orc who was going to accompany them. The orc told everyone to load their things onto an over grown lizard and even thats an understatement of the size. Lena wlaked over to it and decided she would rather carry her things. After they had a discussion about the beast they finally set off to their first destination, but Lena felt a strange feeling like they were being watched.

Lena walked over to Nagisus and let the thought that they were being watched go. Lena cluched Nagisus's hand and carried on to walk.
    " I'm sorry for what happend and you know I love you," Lena said tightening her grip on his hand, not ever wanting to let go. Lena could never bare the thought that Nagisus might die on their journey, if he did Lena thought she wouldn't be able to go on with life.
    " You promise to stay safe and never leave me?" Lena said in a small trembling voice as it scared her so much that Nagisus might die.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    Nagisus looked at Lena, and rubbed his thumb against the palm of her hand.
    "I am an Argonian, Lena. I store water inside my throat. I can go for long periods of time without water. It's you that I have to worry about, not the other way around!" Nagisus said reassuringly, and added, "But even so, I promise, my dear." He then noticed that the lycanthrope was drinking some Argonian ale. "Eggbrother, mind if I take a sip?" There was no better drink to him than a flagon of specially brewed Argonian ale.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Lena smikled at his reply and she loved how he was always so caring and not wanting anyoen to worry about him. There was something about Nagisus which frustrated lena over the edge, soemthing which made her want to slap him was his near obsession with drinking argonian ale! It was like he couldn't servive without it.
    " Nagisus just stop drinking for once in your life!" Lena said grabbing hold of Nagisus's wrist with great force.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    Nagisus looked sincerely into Lena's eyes. "Since I grew out of being a hatchling, there has not been a day gone by where I have drunk no alcohol. By now, it's like banning you from drinking water." He then lunged forwards and grabbed a bottle with his other hand, before gulping it down in a few mighty swigs. "There's my alcoholism quenched for now!" He then wiped his mouth.
    "Besides, it's not like you're not perfect.

"Okay, maybe you are, but still, that one day you forgot to brush Wades-In-Chains and...
    "I'm quite amazed that I can't think of anything better than that."

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Lena stared at naguisus as he tried to make her sound un perferct. Lena hated Nagisus's attitude sometimes and it irritated her that he never accepted when she was right and he was wrong. It annoyed her even more when he went and did what she asked him not to do.
    " I can't believe you sometimes, your just so stuborn and ignorent it's annoying!" Lena said slapping him across the face and then throwing the bottle out of his hands.
    " And it was your time to wash him!" Lena said walking away from him throwing her hair from side to side then while still walking away from him, putting two fingers up at him.