• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Because I am training you to master the Thu'um at the standards of a Greybeard. Combine the Thu'um with your unique fighting styles and your skills, the Dragonborn and the Blades may fall. The difference is you can fight. We Greybeards were men of peace not trainer in the art of war. If you wish to join me, please stand by Virk."

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    Seryn walked and stood on the opposite side of the one called Virk. She knew the task at hand and was determined too learn all she could. It was her duty. Or was it? Perhaps she was meant for something....better? Something far more exciting than training with a bunch of washed-up has beens? Seryn shoved those rather disturbing thoughts out of her head and sighed quietly.

Humbungala

Defeat the Dragonborn. That's quite the unique task. Irelius felt very less-informed then the other individuals. He had known nothing of the Dragonborn's journey besides the fact that he defeated Alduin and stopped the potential end of the world. When Arngeir finished, the other people in the cave took their place beside the man named Virk. They were all willing to train for months possibly even years to defeat the dragonborn. Irelius didn't take a step. So quick to take the offer. Why should I take time away from what I do, from what I love. There are ambitious mages out there, eager to find someone who will recognize their true potential. With this, I won't be able to fulfill the dreams of those who have no opportunity. Irelius sighed. Maybe there won't be anyone left if I don't try to help. Irelius took a deep breath, and walked towards Virk. He smiled at Arngeir and the others. "Well when do we begin? Malifi- whatever his name is won't wait forever."

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Listening intently to Arngeir's proposition, a certain something caught Remy's ear. "Learning to master a Thu'um!? I've never even raised a sword, let alone perform a shout. I sure hope he knows what he's doing". Remy was also impressed by the aptitude of the others regarding the dragonborn. He had studied what he could of the man, but that was only after fleeing from the Reach. When asked to step beside the Imperial to confirm the group's readiness to learn, Remy was still confused, but more than eager. "These people here are bound to have proven their worth in combat. They have the experience and battle scars to prove it. I still don't why of all people I'm here, but I refuse to let this opportunity slip." Remy eagerly made his way next to his soon-to-be allies, ready for what was to follow.

Anya stayed in her spot on the wall, watching the rest of them. The Nord stepped forward first, followed by the Nightingale. An odd expression crossed the Nightingale's face but vanished quickly, replaced by her strange calm. Next went the mage and finally Remy.

As they drifted over to Virk, Anya struggled with herself, curious to see what kind of power these men offered but uncertain about risking her life with a group of strangers. She felt the need to speak if she was to join them, but her accent could lead to questions, as it often did, and she wasn't sure she was in the mood to answer them.

After a minute of internal argument, Anya pushed off the wall, pursing her lips. "This is not just some simple fight against a powerful beast. Do you all understand that?" She looked over at the boyish man, meeting his green eyes. "You are a Nord. I was raised by them. We will be fighting Nordic culture. This Dragonborn, evil or not, is a hero. They may fear him, they may wish to see him unseated from power, but to kill him...that is a very different thing."

She shifted, stretching her arms, and sighed. "You insist on my company? Fine. My name is Anya. Know right now that if I am given the choice between my life and any of yours, I will leave you to die." She glared at the Nightingale a bit longer than the rest before striding over to the group and taking her place next to Remy.

IAmRoggvar98

Traveling Huntsman
    ... 3, 2, 1. Roggvar counted as the fellow adventurers joined them. That was all of them. No second thoughts? These people must have less to lose than I do. Roggvar's eyes skirted across the bunch, stopping as they met Seryn. She turned and they're eyes met, causing him to quickly avert his gaze to what was now a very interesting rock on the ground. He looked back up at the least convenient time, as she looked back at him over her shoulder. Again, he averted his eyes. She grunted in disgust and faced away from the ranger, leaving him alone in his thoughts. Roggvar's attention switched to Remy, the man with the metal eye. Roggvar carefully approached him and said, "Well met. My name is Roggvar the Green. You are?" Roggvar knew the man's name, but asked out of courtesy.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    How distasteful...Seryn thought once she received a glare from the woman called Anya. How was she not surprised? This woman was a thief, Seryn used too see her on occasion in the Cistern and was never really interested in her existence. But apparently she had a problem with Seryn's. The Bosmer's thoughts were stopped and her instinct kicked in, someone was looking at her. She immediately snapped her attention too the owner of the watching eyes. Ah...the Nord. He broke the gaze first, this happened a second time and Seryn grunted with distaste. He should keep his eyes too himself before she took one as a souvenir. Finally he began talking too the weird one, the man with a strange metal eye. Seryn took this opportunity too slightly edge away from the group. She wasn't that fond of strangers.

Snoball

Remy didn't know the Nord man asked of his name out of courtesy, but instead thought he might have forgot. Still, it didn't necessarily matter. Everyone would eventually remember each other after this, he thought. "Greetings to you, Mr. Green. I'm Remy Beauregard, or Doctor, or just Re... well you get the point." The Breton cut himself off before rambling on again. "I didn't know what to expect coming here, but it seems we all have serve some type of purpose." Remy took this moment to examine Roggvar's choice of attire and weaponry. "I take it you fancy yourself the ranger-type?" Remy looked onto the corner of his eye to see the Bosmer woman inching further away from the group, rather strange this one.

Snoball

"Who am I? WHO AM I!? Well, just a man of course." With a small chuckle, Remy cleared his throat. "Oh! The eye! If that's what you were referring to, then have no fear. I'm no pirate, this isn't your average eyepatch and I don't excel in obtaining 'booty'. What I do possess however is keen knowledge in Dwemer practice, hence the eye again. If my stature hasn't already sold me out, I'm not the greatest warrior, but sometimes, simple technoligical know-how can make or break a group's chances of beating a Dovah." Paying Roggvar a wide grin, he continued. "Oh and if the eye may discern you, looking at the other tends to help."

IAmRoggvar98

Traveling Huntsman
    Roggvar chuckled, understanding the odd man's sense of humor although some of his more elaborate phrases were lost on him. "You use your brain. Not many people like that this far North. I like you. I have a feeling you'll come in more handy than the rest of us combined. And why do you show such interest in Dwemer affairs? Are they not long extinct?"

Snoball

"Hehe, well besides doing behind the scenes work, I'm afraid I won't be as useful as far as the battlefield is concerned. More often than not, many would consider such a blessing a curse instead." Remy laughed a bit as he scratched his head, changing the subject from his obvious disadvantage. "And you're correct! The Dwemer are long deceased, and that's what I've based the premise of my research on. How could a society millennia ahead of their time just vanish? It's a question that's intrigued me for as long as I can remember. Though an exponential growth regarding an advanced race's longevity could explain the sudden collapse of a rapidly growing populous, such as the Dwemer, how this collapse came to be is the fruit of my studies. Well, it was until the Forsworn took back the Reach." Remy let out somewhat of a sigh. "Case and point, that's what led me here! That and the fact that I guess I enjoy helping people. Yet again, a blessing or a curse."

It was only a fragment of what the Doctor enjoys talking about so much, but he didn't want to go all out toward someone he just met, at least until they well acquainted. "That's enough about me for now, once we've settled in, I'm sure you and everyone here has more than a story to tell."

"Altmer thief, Bosmer Nightingale, shady-looking Imperial, the man in robes, and Mr. Green. This will be fun."

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Arngeir smiled. He finally felt that he could have his revenge on the Dragonborn for corrupting Skyrim and killing the Greybeards. That justice was to be done and balance restored to Skyrim. "Well then. Your training shall begin in the morning. Until then I suggest that you all get some rest."

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Virk nodded as his master spoke and bonds began to be forged among the adventurers. Yet he had just rested and was not even feeling like taking a day off of training. His master had spoken, though, and Virk would never disobey his master, nor anyone who was superior to him. His eyes were caught on a rather interesting subject. That man with a metal eye. "Virk couldn't help but notice your... seeing device." He spoke rather amused. "Virk Wiing, but please don't mension his surname. That is the past. Just Virk will suit me just fine. Can you tell Virk your name?" He actually wouldn't recognize a Jarl in front of him, so any question related to the "Who are you?" side were never understood as unnatural by him.

IAmRoggvar98

Traveling Huntsman
    Roggvar skirted around the wall to avoid the awkwardness of walking directly through the loose circle of people, who were now all checking their equipment and settling into their respective resting areas. I made a beeline for the cute Bosmer, who was now pulling a bed roll from her belongings. As she bent over to retrieve it, her wavy hair fell into her face, and she tucked it behind her ears.

"Hey there. I heard there's this thing going around where you tell a man your name before you give him eyes from across the room." I looked at her from under my brow, grinning.

Anya saw the young Nord slide over to the Nightingale in an attempt to flirt, and she chuckled quietly. If the Nightingale's rather distant reputation held true, her response might be hilarious. Perhaps her coldness doesn't extend to eager young men.

Virk began a conversation with Remy, and Anya stepped closer to them, listening. "His name is Dr. Remy. A Breton, yes?" She looked down at him, her smile more genuine. "The Dwemer are fascinating. I would explore the ruins myself if they weren't so intent to kill anyone who wanders inside."

She glanced at Virk and nodded slightly, hoping to encourage him not to wander away. These two interested her the most, one an odd Imperial and the other a strange little man with a golden eye.

Snoball

Following Arngeir's address, Remy proceeded in making himself at home. He chose a spot a little further down into the cave to set up his mini "lab", but not too far from the group. He first noticed Roggvar approaching the Wood Elf woman in the corner. He couldn't help but lightly chuckle, Remy was never the most mature of people, or the most romantic either. After a few minutes of unpacking, he was approached by the interesting Imperial. Remy was amused by the way the man carried himself, the way he spoke. Certainly not average, but then again, no one was in this Breton's eyes. Remy smiled and was about to respond to Virk before the High Elf woman did the honor of introducing him herself. Her referring to him as Doctor and fascination with the Dwemer brought an assuring smile to Remy's face.

"Yes, I do wish the animunculi guarding the ruins were a tad more... friendly. Oh! And it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Virk. As is you Miss....." Remy had yet to catch the woman's name.

"Anya." She watched him work on some kind of setup, studying the objects he unpacked. "I've met very few others willing to venture into Dwemer ruins. You don't seem to be much of a warrior. How do you survive them? And why go at all?"