• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn watched as the other travelers in the tavern chatted away, all while the Khajiit was ignoring his inquiries. The large Nord man the elf had passed walking into the place tried to speak on Relyn's behalf, but he too was not paid any attention. Draining his wine, Relyn once again tried to speak up.

"Oy! Khajiit, I wish to inquire about-" The Altmer from before pushed past the wizard and began to commune with the beast man, blocking Relyn off. Grunting indignantly, the Dunmer waited until it seemed the Thalmor agent was done with the Khajiit, then spoke again.

"Now that that's done, I was wondering about that note you keep passing around. If I could just see it..." The Khajiit ignored Relyn. Making an obscene hand gensture in the direction of the Khajiit, the elf made his way to the center of the room and cleared his throat. "Ladies, gentleman, Khajiiti. I am Relyn Telvayn and if you could just lend me your ears for a moment, I'd be very grateful." No one heard him.

The wizard gave an annoyed sigh, and then stompt on the tavern floor. A loud thunderclap echoed through the room, and Relyn's arms began to crackle with electricity. Raising his arm towards the ceiling, a large lightning bolt shot out of his hands, creating a very bright light show. "Now! I finally have everyone's attention, so let me be clear: if you are not a traveler, get out!"

Several Khajiit and the bartender moved for the door. Relyn pointed at the Nord man running outside. "Not you, bartender. You get back here." The man gave a small yelp of acknowledgment and ran back toward the bar. The elf ordered another wine and turned back to face the group.

Relyn surveyed the remaining patrons. Two Khajiiti males, a Redguard woman, a Breton man and a Breton woman, a Bosmer female, and the Thalmor agent. "Okay, you all! You all seem to be having some very interesting conversation that I am not a part of! As a master of the Great House Telvanni, I don't like information being withheld from me. So! I say we all gather round and hear what everyone has to say, starting with the cat over here!" Relyn nodded towards the Khajiit with the note. "Come on then!"

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    The Bosmer immediately went back to her nervous state after the lightning bolt shot from the Dunmer's fingertips. This man must either be here to kill everyone or insane. Yes, insane! Faolin feared insane people. They were crazy! This was why she stayed in the forest, where everything was normal and she had her friends she could talk to about her troubles. The Bosmer was reminded of a certain tree who would love this story about Dune, the plant-less city.

In her many years, the name Relyn Telvanni did not seem familiar. She knew many Dunmer came from large houses, but after the decades of living alone within the lush green vegetation of Tamriel, she didn't remember much. This Dunmer spoke as if she was supposed to know about him - as if he was famous. Perhaps he was? Oh! This would be fun! A famous person in her midst!

Faolin quietly crept over to the designated spot near her mute Khajiit friend, and waited to see what would happen. She stared at the Dunmer in slight awe, hoping to be able to ask questions about who exactly he was, and what he did to gather his fame. Perhaps he was a protector of the forests? She would have so many questions!

Rextoret

top kek
    Raska noted this ignorant elf's behavior, and once again reached into his pack. He pulled a out a well used piece of paper and read it quickly, making sure it was the right paper. It read, 'I'm mute, idiot.' He quickly crumpled it up and with a slight smile that was hardly noticeable, tossed it at the Elf. He proceeded to put on his best 'unamused' face. He gave the Elf a fake glare, waiting in anticipation for his answer to Raska's seemingly rude comment. Inside however, he was nearly dying with laughter. Who said a mute can't pull a joke now and then?

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    The silent Khajiit scribbled down another note, and then handed it to Relyn. "Ah! It seems this quiet fellow has decided to pass a message on to me, for once! Let's see here: I'm mute, you idiot." The elf turned red. Lightning crackled in his hands, shattering his wine glass. "Um, bartender? Can I have another, please?" The stocky Nord hurriedly poured another glass of wine, and rushed over to Relyn. "Thank you."

The apparently mute Khajiit was glaring at him. He looked angry, but Relyn had a suspicion that cat would be laughing if he could speak. The wizard turned to face the group again. "So, it appears out host cannot speak for himself. In case he pulls any more practical jokes, I think it's best if someone else reads his notes out loud. Any volunteers?"

Farthlion

"So, it appears out host cannot speak for himself. In case he pulls any more practical jokes, I think it's best if someone else reads his notes out loud. Any volunteers?"

"Oh me! I know him, we are friends!" Faolin's features immediately brightened up and she proudly took a step forward, letting the supposed famous Dunmer know she was ready. She was quite a good speaker, having spent decades telling stories to plants. She just wasn't very good in conversation.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Before Ashley could give a proper introduction to her two new acquaintances, she was interrupted by a Dunmer Mage, shooting lightning into the air and forcing everyone but a few travelers out. A Khajiit threw him a note. The Dunmer read the note, calling him an idiot. He walked over to the mute Khajiit. "So, it appears out host cannot speak for himself. In case he pulls any more practical jokes, I think it's best if someone else reads his notes out loud. Any volunteers?" The Dunmer said. Not wanting him to cause anymore damage, she reached for her sword, forgetting the blade was still in her bag across the room. Before she could volunteer to read the notes, a young Bosmer volunteered, calling the Khajiit her friend. Ashley looked at the Dunmer. "Alright, you have a reader, and our attention. We don't even all know each other what do you want?"

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    "What do I want?" Relyn sneered at the Breton. "I want to know why I happen to walk into a tavern, looking for some peace and quiet, and a damned cat keeps passing around notes like a bloody schoolboy!" The elf took a moment to calm himself, inhaling and exhaling a few times.

"I am a Telvanni. We tend to get a bit... touchy when someone's keeping secrets from us. Now, if the mute could say- er, write a few words..."

Rextoret

top kek
    Raska's eyes narrowed at the Dark Elf's insulting words toward him. He would have laughed and insulted him back, if he could. Instead he just pulled a sheet of paper out, and began to write a long paragraph. Eyes awkwardly glanced over him, and he attempted to avoid them. Finished, he handed the paper to Faolin. He made gestures with his hands that indicated he wanted her to read it to all of them.

It read, 'I am Dar'Raksa-Ji. If any of you are more observant than the Dark Elf, you would have noticed I am mute. I am looking for a potion hidden away in a Dwemer ruin, that is said to have the power to restore one's voice. The location of the ruin is said to be around the city of Corinth, in central Elsweyr. There will be many forests and deserts between here and there. I am looking for adventurers to accompany me on this journey. The adventure will not be easy, and our main opponent will the land and weather. Is anyone willing to accompany me on this journey? If you come along, there will be gold for you at the end of the road.' After he handed it to her, he looked around the room. He scanned the faces of those gathered, and mentally made notes on them.

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
    Alsedil snatched the parchment out of the mute's hand. Scrutinizing the paper, he narrowed his eyes ever so slightly. But then they brightened and lightning fast, he swept to the Khajiit's side. Lifting an arm and placing it around the feline's shoulders, he grinned widely. Excitedly, he spoke out. "Will there be plants? If there are no plants, I'm not going. Your friend there," Alsedil tilted his head towards the Bosmer, who looked increasingly nervous by the second as more attention was put on her, "promised be that there would be plants!"

His grip loosened and his smile vanished, morphing into a menacing, feral glare. He growled slightly. "If there are none, then you will regret wasting my time."

Farthlion

The Bosmer grew a bit nervous when it came her moment to read off Raska's words. Yes, she did volunteer for the very small job, but at the same time it was an important job! Should she read in a Khajiit accent? What if Raska sounded like a Nord? How should she do this? Finally, gathering her courage, Faolin proceeded to pick up the paper. She stared at small crowd in front of her for several moments before beginning to read it in a informing tone to the odd group, "I am Dar'Raksa-Ji - Actually, I'm Faolin, but he's Dar'Raksa-Ji. If any of you are more observant than the Dark Elf, you would have noticed I am mute. I am looking for a potion hidden away in a Dwemer ruin, that is said to have the power to restore one's voice. The location of the ruin is said to be around the city of Corinth, in central Elsweyr. There will be many forests," her heart skipped a beat, "Oh forests! Great! - and deserts between here and there. I am looking for adventurers to accompany me on this journey. The adventure will not be easy, and our main opponent will the land and weather. Is anyone willing to accompany me on this journey? If you come along, there will be gold for you at the end of the road." She paused there and looked around the room.

"Well, I'm already in," she announced with a nervous smile. The Bosmer looked around nervously at the others around her, her hands shaking and playing around with the flask she had poured water into earlier.

"If there are none, then you will regret wasting my time."

Such enthusiasm! This would be a wonderful friendship indeed! "As Raska's note has stated, there will be forests - so therefore more plants than one can even fathom! It will be wonderful!"

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Sionna watched the activity of the room move around her, the redguard never shifting from her place by her table. For the most part she paid little attention to the conversation that was being had, but her attention wavered as she grew tired of the Telvanni Master's temper tantrum. Silently she rolled her eyes, his behaviour befitting a child and not a mage of distinction.

Then of course there was that khajiit from earlier who seemed far too intent on coming across the local flora, although why he would be so fervently dedicated to plant life was beyond the young redguard's grasp. The bosmer she had noticed before however seemed innocent enough and as she read for the mute khajiit Sionna realised that they might be useful to her.

A dwemer ruin would be a fascinating place to visit, and though she had passed by enough in her brief time in The Reach, she had never been inside. In addition this khajiit believed there to be some kind of potion which could cure his muteness. Fascinated to see if such a concoction could truly exist Sionna began to form a plan in her mind. A phial of something that powerful would prove useful to her clan if she were to secure herself some of the mixture for studying. Even if she was unable to return with some, the gold would help to fund the rest of her journey, and perhaps during their quest she would find something else of value. Standing up Sionna rested her hands upon her hips, her stance open and friendly. "I would be interested in joining in on your mission Dar'Raksa-Ji. Once the storm passes." Sparing a glance at her new employer she made it clear that she would honour their agreement from before.

Netherworld

H. P. Lovecraft is my bitch.
    The Mer stood there for a few moments, bemused and curious at the same time. When the Khajiit leaned to the side to reach into his traveling bag, Eliytres' whole body tensed, half prepared for a sudden attack; nothing happened, however, and the feline placed a harmless piece of parchment on the rough wooden table. When offered a seat by the odd cat, the Mer hesitated for a moment, unsure if it was the best idea for someone of his repute to be seen sitting with a person like this Khajiit. In the end, though, he had to concede that without conversing with the feline, he had almost no means left to find out what really happened; and he sure wouldn't have liked that. So he sat down and took the proffered paper, only to find three words written in charcoal. Simple, yet explaining much.

A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips for a moment, before the Mer caught himself and returned the paper to the Khajiit. When he was just about to inquire after the happenings in the tavern again, his eyes fell on the next text that the feline showed him. Immediately, the Mer's eyebrows rose as he read through the strange request. He set down the paper and folded his hands in his lap, turning his gaze to the small, dirty window in the wall. Outside, the weather was still the same, if not even worse, and he could see the wild whirlwinds dancing with the sand. It's not as if I have anything better to do. And this way, should we spend more time here, I can keep an eye on the priest, he justified his decision in his mind, finally facing the Khajiit again. "I value knowledge more than gold, Khajiit," he answered simply, his dark eyes regarding the feline with mixed feelings. "Also, I fail to see how a Thalmor would fit in your expedition, Khajiit. My presence would probably create dissent, not cooperation," he explained to the mute. "On the other hand, there are many powerful magicks left in Dwemer ruins, not to mention artifacts. I would join you, provided you agree to my one condition," he leaned in closer and gently took the stub of the charcoal out of the feline's hand. He pulled the crumbling parchment to him and wrote his request. No-one is to know of my affiliation with the Aldmeri and Thalmor.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    The Dunmer stood silently, considering the mute's proposal. A long journey through a land like Elsweyr, Relyn thought. It will be quite taxing on my strength. On the other hand, a long lost Dwemer ruin is always a fantastic find. And this potion, if found, could greatly increase alchemical studies.

Getting lost in his own personal debate, Relyn barely noticed as several others agreed to join the group. I should probably volunteer now, before all the spots are taken. The wizard held his hand out to the Khajiit.

"Oh very well, then. You have a mage lord on your side, Dar'Raska. Be grateful." He gave satisfied smirk, sure that he would receive thanks from the Khajiit soon.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Robbin needed no gold, and he was certainly no adventurer. But he was bored. He missed the intrigue of the Breton court--the gossip, the bribery, the prissy ladies, stuffy lords and their daughters. Especially their daughters. He had spent his life learning to navigate those treacherous waters, and despite his contempt for the narrow-minded pursuit of prestige and status, without them he felt... empty. And the Mer wizards, both of them so arrogant. They reminded Robbin of home.

Robbin thoughtfully stroked his dyed beard. If any agents were after him, mobility meant safety. On the other hand if the Breton woman was an agent, travelling with her would spell almost certain capture. The venture was risky. Robbin savored the thought.

"I'd be happy to lend my assistance in whatever way I can," he said, smiling. Given the size of the group, Robbin decided not to bring up overhead costs and progressive interest loans.

Rextoret

top kek
    Raska nodded at the Thalmor's proposal, then turned to shake the Dark Elf's hand. He was slightly amazed that so many people were willing to join him on his journey, even though it was dangerous. He gave his best attempt to smile, a thing not often seen by others. He stood out of his booth and walked over to the bartender, dropping a large sum of gold on the counter. He then pointed upstairs to the room, looked around, and showed with his hands the number of rooms he wanted.

The bartender shook his head and said, "Sorry. I don't have that many rooms, it's one over what I have here." Raska nodded and the bartender gave him back some gold. He wrote some more words on paper and handed it to Faolin. 'I have purchased you all rooms, I suggest you all get some sleep since we have a long day tomorrow. I'll stay out here in case someone else wants to join us on this journey.'

Netherworld

H. P. Lovecraft is my bitch.
    He was unusually happy to find the Khajiit so accepting; and even if he was mute and therefore harder to judge, there seemed to be no prejudice in his eyes when the Mer revealed himself as an agent of Thalmor. Soon other joined in, among them even a Dunmer mage lord; the only person that seemed of note to the Mer, aside from the oddly civilized Redguard he had talked to earlier. After the mage there came two more, but Eliytres paid little attention to both, focusing instead on the pitcher of water he was still cradling in the firm grasp of his left hand. Between careful sips from the clay pitcher, his eyes followed the mute feline as he stood up and headed for the counter. After a quiet exchange, the Khajiit returned with written news.

Needless to say, the Mer was surprised. He paid for our rooms? he mused in barely concealed awe. It seemed that not every child of Lorkhan was as terrible as he had assumed. Then again, the Khajiit was probably just making good with them, considering they were to aid him in his quest for the Dwemer potion. In any case, the Mer wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so he thanked the feline with a graceful nod, and, rising from his chair, headed for the stairs. The Khajiit was right; even if the storm abated by the next day, traveling through miles and miles of monotone desert was difficult in and of itself, and sleep was a necessity if they were to be successful in their search.

Rooms were sparsely equipped, with only a narrow bed and shaky night-table as furniture, not to mention a small bucket sitting in the corner that served as a makeshift basin. A rueful smile curled the Mer's lips as he eyed his accommodation for the night. "Ah well," he sighed and started for the bucket, "I've had worse."

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley watched as more of the people agreed to join this mute Khajiit's quest. She thought it over in head. A potion that could cure a mute? That's amazing! This must be my next adventure. Ashley said, ignoring his statement about the possibilities of gold. The merchant she agreed to protect, along with her new Redguard companion agreed to go along on the journey. "I'll go as well, if you'll have me. Besides, I still need to guard this one here."Ash said motioning towards the Breton merchant next to her.

Dar'Raska had bought the group rooms. Ashley followed the Breton merchant up the stairs into her own room. The room was pretty standard for an Inn, a bed and a window, a bucket that Ashley assumed was for going to the bathroom. She set her bag down by the door. Ashley sighed as she noticed the only thing that was missing from the room."There's nowhere to wash off!" She moaned to herself. Ashley hadn't noticed it at the the time,but as she ran her fingers through her hair, sand came pouring out of her head. She was completely covered in sand from head to toe. Her hair color was changed from a lightish yellow to a dirty blonde. Ashley moaned as she sat on the bed. She would have to try to find a lake or bath to wash off later.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn was slightly angry that Dar'Raska hadn't thanked him for generously agreeing to the proposal. I am a master wizard, people should be thanking me if I so mush as say their names. The elf folded his arms, and watched the mute walk over to the cowering bartender and ask for something. Raska then turned around delivered another note explaining he had bought them all rooms.

Shrugging, Relyn followed the Altmer man up the stairs, and peered inside his room. It was nearly empty, with a bed, table, and bucket as the only furniture. The wizard threw up his hands in exasperation. Brushing past the rest of his group, he stormed downstairs.

Finding the still shaken bartender, Relyn grabbed the man by his collar and shoved him against a wall. "You and me are switching rooms. Understand?" The Nord gave a frightened nod. "Good." The elf let the man go, and watched him dart up the stairs and lock himself in the room Relyn was supposed to have. Striding over to the door behind the bar, the Telvanni cast a spell to unlock the bedroom.

It was nothing special, but it was far better than the barren place upstairs. There was a bed, a table, a water basin, and a wardrobe. With a wave of his hand, Relyn sent all of the bartender's things flying into a corner, and then dropped his satchel on the bed. Poking his head of the room, the Dunmer waved at Raska, and then shut and locked the door. He needed some rest.

Farthlion

Faolin observed Raska's odd actions, and then waited for an explanation, "I have purchased you all rooms - I wonder if they have any plants or even fungi... hiding in there? - I suggest you all get some sleep since we have a long day tomorrow. I'll stay out here in case someone else wants to join us on this journey." She nervously looked around and then sat in a nearby seat in case Raska needed her for anything else.

Faolin rarely slept, so she didn't worry about her room. The plants just had so many interesting things to tell her. She had never wanted to miss out on anything, so she never had the desire to close her eyes and dream. At first it was more of a struggle than anything else, but throughout her many decades, life without sleep became quite normal. Yes, Faolin could sleep, but there was barely any need to when your Bosmer blood was so alive in the forests. The trees never slept, and their everlasting energy had grown on her like a moss to a rock. If she had to think about it, it was probably about 3 years since she last took a nap - and upon waking, her mind was racing with all the events she probably missed out on.

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    The peace within the room was suddenly disrupted as the heavy front door crashed open and a huge amount of sand swept into the interior, coating the nearby furniture and being deposited in a large golden heap on the tavern floor, which quickly began to grow in size and mass. The wind shrieked through the open doorway, bringing with it more and more of the fine grain crystals.
    A moment later, a small Khajiit woman emerged from the pile, brushed herself down, and proceeded to wrestle furiously against the wooden door, attempting to block out the awful gale blowing in from outside. The Khajiit had been traveling Elsweyr for just over three weeks, and it was the first time she'd been caught in a storm this bad. If she hadn't have stumbled across Dune... well, she didn't even want to think about where she'd be now if she hadn't. And if one thing was for sure, she wasn't going to let the weather beat her now.
    Grunting with exertion, she put all her weight against the wood and eventually, with a dull yet satisfying thud, the door slid shut, the howling wind now reduced to a mere drone.
    Felidae sighed and slumped against the barrier, eyes closed. Sand was everywhere; under her claws, in her ears, lodged between the joints in her armor -- it was going to take ages to clean it all out, if not never.
    Reaching up, Felidae lowered the thick hood covering her head. The red scarf usually worn around her neck was now pulled tightly over her muzzle; a vain attempt to keep the sand from entering her mouth and nose. Neither of these had particularly worked, and as a result her eyes were red-rimmed and streaming, and her ears were blocked almost to the point of deafness. But she was alive. And she was thirsty.
    Tugging the scarf off her face she glanced around the quiet tavern, searching for any sign of the barkeep. Instead she spotted a fellow Khajiit and a Bosmer seated at a nearby table, doing nothing. Her eyes narrowed slightly at the sight of the Elf, but the barkeep was nowhere to be seen and her throat felt as dry as a mammoth's tusk. It looked as though there was nothing else for it.
    "Greetings, clan-mate," Felidae said suavely, approaching the table. "You don't happen to have any water to spare for a thirsty comrade, do you? For I have traveled long and far. The heat of this land has taken its toll, and the damn barkeep isn't doing his job properly."