• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Freyja told the mage of their intentions, which shocked both Isabel and Arya. But what shocked them more was the reasonably tall man who walked in wearing armour that covered all but his eyes, carrying a huge unconscious Nord on his shoulder. And as they stared, their mouths drooping open slightly, the man noticed and said,
    "Well? Don't just stand there! He's not very light you know!"
    Something about Freyja's face betrayed that she had not once believed that this many people would be in the Morthal Inn at once. But no-one spoke. After a few seconds Arya spoke up.
    "What in Oblivion are you doing, you damned fool?"
    "Hey!" Isabel resisted from saying 'Arya' because it would give away who they were. "Sorry about my sister. But she has a point. What in the name of Talos are you doing?"

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja looked once at the man who had come to the Inn. Then she saw the hulking Nord on his back, and the glazed look in his eyes. She had seen that before. It was a summoned rider! But don't they have enough? Freyja did not know they were still summoning. This changed everything. Freyja stood up and rushed to the man. She gently slid the Nord off of his shoulders without even asking, a worried look on her face as she sat him on a bench. She checked his pulse-he was alive. So that glazed look couldn't possibly be from death. There was no avoiding the call now.

But if this man had been summoned, the Dragon who had been bound to him would know something was wrong. And might even get impatient enough to come to Morthal and claim its rider. This worried Freyja greatly, and she looked back up at the man who had brought in the Nord. "This Nord might bring us a Dragon." Freyja knew that too many secrets would annoy everyone, and she had to give them out cautiously. Too much knowledge was never good, especially since some riders were trained Torturers. Well, a Dragon was probably on the way, and Freyja had a decently sized and diverse crew to find it. She smiled wickedly. This day might just be a fun one.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    "What in Oblivion are you doing, you damned fool?" one of the young girls in the inn spouted out. Focusing his glare specifically on her for a moment, another woman spoke up. "Hey!Sorry about my sister. But she has a point. What in the name of Talos are you doing?" At this point, the khajiit woman rushed to help Gidian with the nord man. Relieved to finally have the weight off his shoulders, he helped her lye the nord down on the bench. He nodded his thanks. Replying to the older of the two women, who were apparently sisters, "What does it look like? That idiot was wondering about the swamp, and forced me to knock him over the head. I was hoping someone here would recognize him."

The khajiit spoke up at this moment, "This Nord might bring us a Dragon."

Gidian raised and eyebrow and gave her a curious look. "Really? And what would give you that idea?" He said, not unkindly. Taking the oppurtunity to observe the rooms other occupants, he wasn't sure he liked what he saw. The only one that he identified as a threat was a vampire. Gidian placed his hand on the pommel of his Saxe under his cloak, doing his best to make the gesture unnoticed. "An odd bunch of people in this place," He then noticed the huge wolf, "and dog." He examined the sisters once again, deducing that they owned the wolf. It was between him and them, so he assumed they owned him if it had such protective instincts. And the two girls... something about them... something he'd read in reports... and the dog... he couldn't quite place them, which frustrated him. He wasn't that old. And yet, the memory eluded him. He was sure that these three were familiar... but he wasn't sure how or why. Gidian was giving them a scrutinizing, and rather intimidating stare, without intending to.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja huffed in amusement at the man's retort. She looked him straight in the eye, her hands still on the Nord's wrist and neck, double checking his pulse. Over and over. "He doesn't look drunk, and he's still alive." Freyja stood up immediately, right in front the man, staring up at him, attempting to look as inquisitively cold as she could. She needed answers, and Freyja wouldn't stand for any fumbling like so many people often did. She just wanted the truth, and she wanted it quickly. If that indeed was a summoned rider, then a Dragon was probably already on its way, and they didn't have much time. They would have to kill the Dragon, but as soon as it touched the rider, they would be inseparable, and both would have to be killed.

"Was he ignoring you? Did he seem intent on going in one direction?" If this strange man answered yes to both of her questions, then they indeed had a summoned rider. But deep down in the recesses of Freyja's mind, she knew that this Nord was a rider. All the current evidence pointed straight toward it. Well at least you don't have to go searching for a Dragon to test the whelps now.

Staff member
    Gidian was broken from his trance when the khajiit woman got in the way of his piercing gaze. He blinked a few times as she said, "Was he ignoring you? Did he seem intent on going in one direction?"

Gidian was slightly taken aback that she had deduced these symptoms so easily. The look on his face likely answered her question before his words. Nodding, Gidian said, "Aye. I caught him wandering the swamp. I'd heard rumours of people disappearing in the night, and I suspected vampires. So I came here. That fool didn't stop, not even when threatened with the pain of an arrow through the skull. He just about ran me over, trying to get wherever it was he was going." Upon mentioning vampires, he turned his suspicious gaze upon the vampire in the room now, trying to discern her motives.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja noticed the man turning his gaze towards Aster, the vampire who she didn't entirely trust either. That made sense, but everyone had to stay on the matter at hand. She looked back at the Nord, who twitched occasionally in his slumber. With a quiet sigh, Freyja turned back at the man she stood in front of. "It seems you have bumped into a summoned rider." She said this loudly-everyone had to hear this. They were going to learn it one way or another. Why not now? "The Ancient Riders send out 'blessings' to men and women that they deem worthy. These people become bound with a Dragon, and they will no think of anything except for their Dragon." She turned to the unconscious Nord, "And nothing will stop them or their Dragon until they touch. Only then is the bonding ritual completed."

EpicVakarian

Isabel let her mouth fall open. Already, the adventure had begun. Arya nudged her, and pointed to the man. He seemed suspicious; he had noticed the wolf standing protectively between himself and the sisters, and seemed as though he recognised them, but for now, it was quite clear he couldn't quite remember who they were.
    "It's fine, Arya," she whispered, careful to speak quietly enough that it would be difficult for the rest to make out what she had said.

Staff member
    After listening to what the Khajiit said, Gidian snapped his gaze back to the sisters. They were whispering amongst themselves, though he couldn't make out what they were saying. The wolf began to let out a low growl, and Gidian growled back. The wolf responded with a rather dubious look, as if he'd never been growled at by a human before. Now looking around the room, he spread his arms and said, "Are you jesting? None of you find this the slightest bit farfetched? No one's going to question it?" He crossed his arms, then asked seriously, "Alright then, how long do we have? And how do you expect this bunch," He gestured to the others in the room, "to take down a dragon? Do you plan on using them as live bait?" Gidian asked innocently. He would not buy a fool's story, nor would he go into battle with one. His questioning was a test for them, a challenge.

EpicVakarian

Isabel looked down on the man's pessimism. She was hardly an optimist herself, but she saw no reason why the group that currently presented themselves could not take down such a beast.
    "Well, of course we find it farfetched. But what choice do we have? We can either sit here debating whether there is a dragon and whether we can beat it, or we can actually get out there and take it down." Arya nodded in agreement, still silent.
    "And besides; dragons will return."
    At this, however, Arya did not nod. Instead, her face dropped in shock and she let her head hit the table. Isabel nearly killed herself right there. She had said, quite clearly, the Stark family words. Two sisters, a wolf protecting them, the Stark words; nothing could have been spelt out more clearly. Someone was bound to call them out; bound to recognise them now.
    Isabel saw no reason in reaching for North; they were outnumbered. Instead she hoped to convince the others not to give her to the Empire, to let her help the Blades. If someone called them out, she would lower her hood, telling Arya to do the same, thus revealing their identities. If not, then they had been extremely lucky. But the chances of that were very, very slim.

Staff member
    It was the the sisters that answered his challenge first. "Well, of course we find it farfetched. But what choice do we have? We can either sit here debating whether there is a dragon and whether we can beat it, or we can actually get out there and take it down." Her little sister nodded, but didn't add anything. "And besides; dragons will return." At that, which Gidian would not have considered significant at first, but the younger sister looked mortified. And that was the only indication Gidian needed to bring memories rushing to the surface. Understanding dawned on his face. These were the children of the noble family that had sided with Ulfric during the Rebellion. Their name escaped him for a moment, and then it hit him. Stark. House Stark. He remembered reading the reports, and thinking how absurd it was that they'd wanted the children too. As a Ranger, retired or no, it was his duty to bring in fugitives. And yet... no. He wouldn't turn them in until they proved themselves a threat, or otherwise unlawful. He wouldn't punish these children for offenses their parents committed. He smiled like a rebel for a moment, although no one else would be able to see it. Rangers had quite a bit of freedom with how they carried out their duties, and he'd "bent" the rules before. Now would be no different.

Giving the sisters a meaningful look, he said, "You can run. I wouldn't fault you. I'm not sold on the idea that a dragon is on its way here, just so it can touch some random nord that will ride it off into the sunset. Better to be prepared for anything I suppose. But why so eager? Have you ever even seen a dragon? Have you ever fought one? I do not want fools alongside me when it attacks, and there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity."

EpicVakarian

Isabel noticed the man, whose name was still not disclosed, smile smugly. She had a nasty feeling he knew who they were. But he hadn't said anything, so for now, they kept their hoods up.
    "I don't care what you have to say; you still haven't even told us your name. I trust Freyja much more than I trust you."
    Then Arya spoke up.
    "I don't really care what any of you have to say. I know that you," she said, nodding at the smug man, "know who we are. So why don't you just come out and say it? Or are you too craven? You say there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Are you sure you're on the right side of it?" Arya scowled at the man, then turned back to her beef.
    Isabel closed her eyes, and waited to be arrested. Arya was clever, she knew that already. But she couldn't see how this was a good idea.

Staff member
    "I don't care what you have to say; you still haven't even told us your name. I trust Freyja much more than I trust you." Gidian raised an eyebrow, and replied, "Oh? You're willing to trust some random stranger who's likely to get you killed, over a random stranger who keeps your secrets, on account that you know the former's name?"

And then the younger sister spoke up,
    "I don't really care what any of you have to say. I know that you," she nodded to Gidian, "know who we are. So why don't you just come out and say it? Or are you too craven? You say there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Are you sure you're on the right side of it?" Gidian pulled his mask down, reared back, and roared with laughter. "Very well Arya. Am I craven? I can't rightly say, sometimes I wonder myself," Gidian smiled wickedly, "As for which side of the line I stand on? Well I wonder about that too, especially with such bad influences running around!" Gidian replaced the mask on his face, chuckled, shook his head, and thought, this is why I like young people. So reckless. "As for my name, I'm afraid that is not a privilege a fool has a right to. You're going to have to earn it."

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja sighed, getting in between the quarreling sides. "That is enough! The Dragon will know exactly where his rider is, and it will attempt to break through the roof of the inn. The summoned must be taken outside to a place where no civilians will be hurt." If the Dragon hurt innocent people, the blame would be on her, and Freyja might even be dismissed from her position in the Blades. And she did not want that to happen. The sooner they got outside, the better.

With a sigh, Freyja leaned over to pick up the unconscious Nord. It was a rather odd display;Freyja had her arms locked under the pits of his arms and was attempting to straighten up. He was pretty heavy, and Freyja was rather small and lean. She looked around at everyone who had come into the inn. "A little help would be appreciated," Freyja grunted as she tried to drag the man, but to no avail. How is it possible for one to be so big?

EpicVakarian

Isabel nodded to Freyja, grabbing the Rider and dragging him out of the inn. "Come on, Snow. Where are you intending on taking him?" she asked Freyja.
    Meanwhile, Arya glared at the man, who had laughed at her outburst, and followed Isabel out.

Staff member
    Gidian rubbed his back mournfully as the the khajiit woman, Freyja, tried to lift the heavy nord. But to no avail. "A little help would be appreciated," she grunted. The older of the two sisters, who he recognized as Isabel, went to Freyja's aid. Arya gave him the evil eye, before following her sister. Sighing, Gidian approached Isabel and put his hand on her shoulder, to get her attention. "Let me take him." Isabel gave him a defiant look, a look that told him she was about to break his hand and refuse, the wolf, Snow, began growling, and Arya put a hand on her sword, ready to draw it, before Gidian removed the hand and held it up in a gesture of surrender. Of course, holding his arms up caused his cloak to flare open, revealing his dual knives on his left hip, longbow slung over his right shoulder, and quiver full of arrows. "I carried him here. I brung this danger to these people. He is my responsibility." Gidian waited a moment, as she considered his request.

EpicVakarian

Isabel glared as coldly as Arya had earlier. Eventually, she relaxed a little, and held a hand out to Snow and Arya. She nodded at the man, and handed the Nord's legs over to him. She still didn't trust him, but he seemed to be trying to be nice, at least.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja raised an eyebrow at the exchange going on, chortling when all of the stranger's weapons were "accidentally" shown. She put down the Nord's arms for a moment, stretching her own as they were already starting to cramp up. Stupid Nords... She kneeled down, poking a little at the Nord's face. He must have been hit really hard to be out cold like this for so long. She looked up at the man who had brought him in...How did he manage to take down a hulking Nord? That didn't matter. All that mattered was getting this man out of Morthal and into some clearing that would be good for a Dragon fight. She locked her arms around the Nord's once more, waiting for the man to pick up his legs before proceeding to stand up herself.

EpicVakarian

Isabel and Arya followed Freyja and the irritating man out of the inn, dragging the Nord out of Morthal. Freyja seemed to be tired after a few minutes, which was unsurprising; the Nord was massive.
    "Do you want some help, Freyja?" Isabel asked. Before Freyja responded, however, Arya had already taken an arm from Freyja and held it up, nodding at her coldly, but kindly.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I examined the tavern. I watched carefully. Nobody seemed to notice me, as I was doing a good job of hiding my face. I watched a tussle between a large Nord man and another fellow. Before I knew it, the Nord was knocked out. Nobody cared, or payed much attention to the seen, as it looked to be a couple of drunks having some fun. I watched cautiously as a Khajiit woman tried to lift the Nord, she seemed to weak to lift his hulking body, considering she was almost a third his size. The man who had knocked him out gestured to do the work, but the two other women, and their... pet, weren't to easy giving up the work. I watched the small group exit the Tavern. Something about a dragon. A dragon?!

I quickly gulped down the rest of my mead, and whistled to Aquilla. "Watch them for me," I whispered to her, as she landed on my shoulder. She then let out a small roar, and flew out of the tavern. I closed my eyes and concentrated. I could see through her eyes now, using a magic technique I learned from the Knights. I watched as they carried the large man. It looked to be more of a struggle than actually moving him at all. Yet they still moved. Slowly. I stood up, and walked out the door to the brisk and windy weather in Morthal. I covered my body up a bit more with my cloak, and walked slowly in the direction they did. Hoping not to catch the attention of anyone.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Freyja sighed in relief as Arya shouldered some of the weight. She looked at Isabel, and nodded, "It seems your sister has already helped." With a smile, Freyja turned to Arya. "Thank you, friend." Freyja looked up, watching for a Dragon. Instead, however, she saw a bird of some sort. It wouldn't have caught Freyja's attention, but the fact that it was following them made her a little wary. The bird can be dealt with when the Dragon lies dead. But for some strange reason, the bird she saw couldn't leave her mind. Something about the way it would occasionally swoop down at them made it seem as if it was interested in what they were doing. But why would a bird be interested in the affairs of people? Unless it is watching in the place of someone else.