Max Damage: Can you beat it? UPDATED!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I would not try nowdays max damage because.
Certain damage levels break game and make it easily CTD.
I once go over to top because negative damage

Numbers go negative at just over 2 billion because the xbox uses a 32 bit cpu. There is plenty of info online about things like this if you are interested.
Did you just say 2 BILLION! 2 BILLION! Yikes! I'm surprised Nirn still exists if you're dealing out that much damage!

Trekiros

Pugilism doesn't do a lot of damage, it takes the gauntlet's base armor rating so no quantity of smithing or fortify heavy armor enchants/potions can help you.
The pugilist enchant is... Pretty weak. At max enchantment, it deals 18 damage, which is less than the dawnguard item 'ring of the beast' so you'll actually be using this instead of a custom ring, and the enchant can only be on rings and gauntlets.

The max damage with fists is :
  • Physical damage (they are going to be multiplied by power attacks and stealth) : 18 for the daedric gauntlets + 25 base damage for a Khajiit
  • Extra damage (won't be multiplied by power attacks and stealth) : 20 for a Vampire Lord perk + 20 for the ring of the beast + 18 damage from the fortify unarmed damage enchant on your gauntlets.
That's a total of 230 damage, with zero armor penetration. Some of it is poison so you'll deal less on Argonians.

I read that the base unarmed damage depends on your level but I couldn't find any formula or proof so let's assume your damage stays at 25 for your whole punching career.

You could eventually get more damage from the pugilist enchant with the enchanting/alchemy exploit. IDK how much.

There's also a glitch which allows you to wear several gauntlets (as in... more than a pair lmao), it's called the stacked armor glitch. How to perform it : get captured, escape, equip armor from a follower's inventory, repeat. Then serve your time and you'll have every single gauntlet that previously was in your follower's inventory. I don't believe it's been patched ? Could be wrong.

So yeah, without exploits :
-Normal attack is 101 damage
-Power attack or stealth attack is 144 damage
-Stealthy power attack is 230 damage
Zero armor penetration on those attacks.

Actually now that I think about it, you could go orc+racial power. Your physical damage would be 18+4, but it'd be multiplied by an extra power of 2.
This would deal 234 damage so that's not a huge gain, but it's still better than a khajiit.
And yes, I did use the alchemy/enchanting "exploit" if you want to call it that.
What would your damage output be without it ? Like, by limiting yourself to one set of fortify alchemy armor ?

TheNatural

I used to be really obsessed with making the best armor and weapons. Nowadays it's more aesthetics for me. There comes a point in Skyrim on pretty much any difficulty where it becomes cheese-able, so why not wear the armor you like? And use a weapon you've earned on an awesome quest? (The mod Unique Uniques really changed things for me)

And how can high damage make the game CTD, Man-Mangler? There are hundreds of weapon mods out there with Damage so high it will one shot ANYTHING on legendary difficulty and I have never once heard they make the game CTD.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
I like one shotting things, but i also like to earn the damage i dish out, nothing wrong with enchanting and all that but i like a little bit of challenge, thats why when i craft my gear i dont use potions or +smithing to get uber stats, same for enchanting, i dont use enchanting potions to increase the effects, even on legendary I like a challenge, and hitting a dragon on legendary for 1mill damage, just seems overkill, but skyrim is about each person making their own adventure. I prefer a challenge most of the time, others like to be god like, nothing wrong with eaither game styles.

Dawn

IMO using both a falmer helm and circlet is taking advantage of an glitch / bug, as is using necromage vampire perks, both of which have been patched out on PC if one is using the USKP.

Even after eliminating the two bugs above, it is still easy to create a character that can do far more damage than needed to become overpowered, no matter the difficulty, especially with items from the DLCs included.

And while it can be interesting to see how high the damage numbers can go while using just the game itself, once using bugs of any kind are 'allowed' in achieving silly high numbers, one might as well go all the way and just resto loop (also patched out on PC) or use console commands or god mods if all one wants to do is run through the game and one shot everything.

I've played the overpowered character before and it was interesting and fun, for about 10 minutes, then it fast became boring and I ended up starting a new character and moderating my crafting and such to keep the game challenging.

It's also why I avoid certain overpowered items like Windshear, they have the potential to break all challenge (though I admit perma-staggering enemies can sometimes be hilarious), and losing a sense of challenge is when I tend to shelve a character.

Anyways, nothing against playing overpowered if that is what one wants to do, I just prefer to keep my characters at a level where at least the high end enemies are still challenging and a potential threat.

Last edited: