How I lost my video game virginity to Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saint Vicious

Still sober
This is wrote somewhat like an article. But I do not have the time at the moment to add all the pictures and proper grammar and spelling that articles require. I’m calling it more of a journal, about when I first started playing Skyrim (not long ago, the game still blows my mind). I just decided general discussion was the best place to shove it. Somebody might enjoy reading it. Hopefully.

Now I’m a twenty one year old farm boy. I have never played video games. I have seen them back in the day (sonic on sega) two platform games. Well about a year ago I had money to spend so I bought a 42’ flat screen. I figured since I bought the TV I might as well get a playstation, you never know I might play a game one day. The TV and Playsation 3 sat in my room for the rest of that year. I may have cut them on twice.

A few weeks ago I had a tractor hydraulic hose crack loose and busted my knee cap. So In my line of work I was pretty well out of service. One of my friends brought me a game called Skyrim, I’m sure somebody has heard of it. I am now a minor addict and the rest of this post is helping towards my recovery.

I arrived at Helgen and chose my character. Never much for fantasy I went for the most normal looking one, a Nord. Then the dragon came along. I must have died six times trying to fight it. I am proud to say I got a few good licks in, but it took a while to figure out I was supposed to run from it. Well I got to a small town called river wood, a pretty chill place. Then I progressed to Whiterun. Then soon after, I killed my first dragon.

I was the baddest son a gun around after I killed the dragon. I wasn’t scared of a single thing the game had to throw at me. I made my way back to Riverwood to slap some high fives and brag about killing the big beast. Then came the chicken. I killed it in self defense, I swear. After the towns people got through with me I was ready to go back to Helgen and try the big punk dragon again. I felt I had a better chance against him. I don’t care what kind of weapons or armor you have. Don’t mess with the river wood chicken. Birds got mad backup.

I ventured (ran screaming and crying) back to Whiterun. I decided to do a bit of walking around and came across the giant camp. I was thinking, ive done capped a dragon, a giant can’t fly, can’t breathe fire, can’t be a problem. I will let you finish this paragraph in your head, with the flight animation included. Giants suck.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
The title of this thread made me lol pretty hard.

Morgan

I’m a twenty one year old farm boy . . . A few weeks ago I had a tractor hydraulic hose crack loose and busted my knee cap. So In my line of work I was pretty well out of service.

I'm sorry. I read your whole post but I can't get past this.

"I used to be a farmer. But then I took a tractor to the knee."

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I'm sorry. I read your whole post but I can't get past this.

"I used to be a farmer. But then I took a tractor to the knee."

I noticed that after I posted it. And I was mad at myself for missing such an obvious joke. But then I decided to wait and see how long it took one of ya'll to make it. But no, that was not added in for the joke. It really happened, and was wrote before I ever even heard of "an arrow to the knee".

Morgan

I noticed that after I posted it. And I was mad at myself for missing such an obvious joke. But then I decided to wait and see how long it took one of ya'll to make it. But no, that was not added in for the joke. It really happened, and was wrote before I ever even heard of "an arrow to the knee".

I know what you mean about the Riverwood chicken though.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
5 minutes out of Helgen and that chicken was dead. 10 minutes out of Helgen I was dead. Ah how I miss when I was new to Skyrim, when I could play a faction questline and actually be surprised at what the outcome was lol. If I could get that time back and actually play for the challenge, not boost up to 81 like the my first playthrough. Gosh, I sound like I'm in my Skyrim middle age.

JClarke1953

I hadn't played a PC game or console game for a couple of year's. The last one being WoW, and I think that was over 2-year's ago. Then our son joined the USMC, went to Parris Island, finished, went to combat training, then to the school for his job (supply). Now he's in Okinawa until 2014, and his 360 was sitting in his room gathering dust (he couldn't take it/ship it because of what he already had to carry).

So, at tax time, when I got our return, I bought a 52" Sony Bravia LCD and a Sony 3D Blue Ray Surround Sound (via Tiger Direct. Yeh,I know, the TV doesn't play 3D, but you ought to see how standard and animated DVD's look!). Then I bought Reckoning and Skyrim. Reckoning I pretty much blazed through, but Skyrim has had me for for months! I'm at level 50 now, and despite the many glitches and bug's, has been a great game for me. Especially since I'm disabled, and the game keeps me thinking and reworking tactic's when I get my butt handed to me (such as fast traveling a distance away from where my char needs to be, as Dawnguard is forever trying to ambush my char).

So, when I'm not doing laundry, cleaning or baking, I've got the 360 going and Skyrim spinning. I just hope some patch or something is in the works, as I have more than a handful of thing's I cannot do, or get until Bethsoft does something.