• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Farth was surprised the two were not kin. They seemed so alike. "This bard has become a bit too accustom to sleeping on the cold ground.. a warm bed didn't help, was thinking a pint would do the trick," now that he thought of it, he felt a lot sleepier than before. "I could ask you the same."

Rextoret

top kek
    "Sorex. His journal has confused me beyond belief." Without giving the Redguard a chance to ask about it, he stood and started to walk back to his room. "I'm going to try and get some sleep. I advise you do the same, we have a long journey ahead of us." Garrus opened the door to his room and got into bed, soon falling into a restless sleep.

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    The black-robed Breton enjoys that smell. The thing he craves most. The thing he lusts for. Mortal blood. He smells all the different types as it flows throughout the mortal vessels. He shifts his gaze throughout the small Cheydinhall Inn, watching silently an unnoticed as the guards question a man about a robbery. The questioned man looks fearful at the sound of the name Rexus Liore. The Breton smiles, loving the smell that came from the man's fearful gaze. However, this Breton is disciplined. He knows better than to just walk up and bite the man. So he remains silent as he continues to watch the ongoing actions and discussions in the room.

Later, the man is approached by a group of travelers. Consisting of a Nord, a Redguard and a Dunmer. Delicious. He sits there and watches, listening to the conversation amongst the group. A man was killed, and a book was delivered to the man who was questioned by the Imperial not too long ago. The Breton grows curious, putting his thirst aside to listen and watch more closely.

The night grows dark, and the members of the group have gone to bed. All except for the Redguard, who has said he is a bard of a sorts. He just remains in the main room, sipping a bottle of mead by the fire. The Breton just sits. He doesn't want to kill these travelers just yet. They are up to something that seems rather interesting. Something that could help with the Breton's research? Maybe.

A torchbug had gotten into the room. The black-robed man just watches as it lands on the table next to him. He peels the bug's wings off, one by one. Then follows the legs. He can hear the squeals of the bug. Crying. Fearing for it's life. Good. Fear is what the Breton loves. The feeling he gets when he strikes fear upon his enemies gives him the drive to continue with his studies and dark experiments. The Redguard, however, has spotted the Breton. Watched him as he playfully peeled apart the helpless torchbug, leaving it's remains upon the table. The Breton just stares back, with a menacing stare through his bright orange eyes. His light yellow hair covers his left eye, adding to the sinister feel he loves to give out.

Farthlion

Farth woke up early with a headache. He groaned as he realized he lay on the floor, his back stiff and his body cold. Even after another pint of mead, he couldn't fall asleep in the bed and ended up lying on the floor.

The large Redguard heaved himself from his place next to the bed and rubbed his eyes. He reached blindly into one of his two bags, searching for the familiar feel of a certain book. After obtaining his leather bound journal, he smiled to himself at the thought of a warm meal to start off his morning - it would be quite a while until he could eat something warm. Cold bread and the occasional fruit and veggie were what his diet consisted of as of late. Farth's stomach agreed loudly with his plans, and he headed downstairs.

Finding the very spot that he had claimed at the bar the day before, Farth ordered a few eggs and warm bread. He really needed to learn how to bake one of these days. He craved muffins ever since Relyn had shared one with him when they first began their journey in Skyrim.

The bard got out his journal and began to write. A poem would do - nothing fancy. Just a haiku.

Never drink mead late
    The mornings are terrible
    Your mind isn't clear

He chuckled as he read over it. Indeed... Never again shall this bard use pints of mead as a sleeping aid.

Rextoret

top kek
    Garrus woke up with a piercing headache. Groaning and rolling over, he looked over at the night table. His weary eyes saw Sorex's old orange journal laying there. So it was not a nightmare after all. Sitting up onto the edge of his bed, Garrus sighed and stood. Garrus donned his deep black Morrowind Thieves Guild armor and placed his scabbard on his belt. Grabbing his steel sword of the nightstand, he slid it into his scabbard and heard it make a thump as it hit the bottom. He slid a small iron dagger into a slot on his pants and flipped his hood up. Grabbing his heavy pack off the ground by the bed, he opened it. He tossed Sorex's journal inside along with his large collection of books relating to various matters. He was an intrepid book collector, and loved finding new books to read. Sliding his pack on, he walked over to the door.

Garrus opened the door out of his room an stepped out into the inn. He went quickly down the steps and sat on a stool in front of the bar, next to the large Redguard. He ordered himself some bread and wine, and began to dig in. Pausing to address the Redguard he said, "Rough night, eh?" Garrus could tell the man was not faring well after his late night drinking session.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn went to bed silently, paying for a small room in the basement. He sat, silent and still, in the darkness. He saw Sorex lying dead on the ground. He saw himself running over, desperately trying to prevent the man's passing. His thoughts continued to grow darker as he climbed into his bed. Sorex telling Relyn his story around a campfire. Sorex's proud face as Farthlion showed off his new combat skills. A cloak being thrown over Sorex's corpse...

The elf's eyes opened slowly. He was in a shadowy room, with a single torch placed a pedestal in front of him. When Relyn reached ad grabbed it, the room was suddenly illuminated. It was an impossibly large library, bookshelves stretched higher than he could see, in rows that went on forever. Impressive, isn't it? The Dunmer looked around in surprise. "Who's there?" He called nervously. This place should have been a paradise for him, but something felt wrong. A shadow appeared in front of the elf, slowly dispersing until it revealed beneath it another Dunmer. Another Relyn.

But unlike the Relyn who had entered the library, this one was different. His hair was perfectly groomed, his beard styled in the manner of Mournhold nobles, and he wore jet black robes, with the Telvanni crest in the center. Most disturbing were his eyes. Unlike the first Relyn's red eyes, this one's eyes were a glossy black. "You look like me." The other Relyn smirked. I should. I am you. Well, I'm what you should be. Relyn blinked in disbelief. "I'm... I'm perfectly happy being myself, thank you." The other Relyn moved closer to him. He didn't walk, it was more of a glide. I'm sure you are. But your isolation after House Telvanni fell has made you weak. "Weak?" Relyn said, losing confidence even as the words left his mouth. "I am quite powerful." The other Relyn laughed, and it echoed across the library. You delude yourself. You have grown to rely on science and alchemy. You have even made friends. I would have spent my time mastering the ancient magics. Shadowkeys, chaos magic, nature spells. All are mine to use as I see fit. Relyn was pressed against a shelf by his shadowy counterpart. "You have corrupted yourself. Your magic is dangerous. What use is it to have power if there is little left to rule?" Relyn's voice was cracking. A feeling of despair was creeping over him. Power confers right. That what the Telvanni taught us. I am no mage, no scientist, no mere genius. I am a king. And I rule my subjects as I see fit. You mourn your fallen friend, but were I there, I would have killed Sorex myself.

Relyn awoke screaming.

Farthlion

The bard rubbed his forehead, "Yes. Too much mead... I have heard stories of a good meal - some warm meat being good help for these kinds of things, but I am a vegetarian." He laughed, "Could you imagine what size I would be if I ate meat? Giants would greet me as one of their own!"

Farth smiled as he remembered when Elsa once served him some delicious stew, only to find out that it contained rabbit. He had spent most of the night washing his mouth out. "What exactly are we doing on this journey again? My memory is foggy."

Rextoret

top kek
    "Sorex's journal was vague and off-topic. All I could gather was that we must go to Tear, a port town in Morrowind." Garrus knew more of course, but he was not willing to divulge anymore than that. "Did you hear something?" Garrus barely noticed Relyn's waking screams, seeing as they were so faint. No doubt he was the only one to hear it. He could not distinguish what they were, but he was glad to break the conversation. "Get yourself ready for our trip, we leave soon." Garrus said, standing up. He walked over to his previous chair by the window and sat down.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    An oppressive fog shrouded Cheydinhal, muffling the sounds of the waking town. A good listener might hear the soft creak of an opening window, or the sound of a mother waking her children. A really good listener might hear the faint rustles as the denizens of the night returned to their abodes, and, if the listener payed close attention, a whisper, a question searching for an answer lost to time. Then--a scream, the crash of shattering glass, and the soft patter of running feet. A figure materialized in the fog, the indistinct shape slowly defining itself as it moved closer.

Looking at the facts, Pilus thought to himself as he ran, that could have gone a lot worse. The situation certainly had all the elements of a successful night. Here he was, having fled the room of an attractive young woman through the window at an ungodly hour in the morning and--he let out a yelp as the figure chasing him grew closer--the girl's father was angrily in pursuit. It wasn't his fault he'd entered the situation through a metaphorical back door.

The father had burst into Pilus' room so early that morning that it was still, technically speaking, night. A tall Dunmer, he'd been incoherently babbling about pain and vomiting and daughters. Before Pilus could say anything, the man grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of his bed and down the stairs to the entrance of the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn. He motioned at Pilus.

The innkeeper nodded. "That's him."

"Please!" cried the panic stricken elf. "Y-you have to help! My daughter. Sh-she's so sick! I don't know what's happening to her!" He froze, then closed his eyes and slowly inhaled. "I need a healer. All the mages are in an uproar over the theft at the White-Gold tower." His voice rose again. "None of them would help me. But I heard there was a healer staying at the inn! Please!"

Pilus silently cursed whoever had kept the innkeeper up so late. All he wanted, all he really wanted, was a good night's sleep. But he had his duty, and he'd promised Grandmother he'd never turn anyone down. "Alright. Alright!" He had to yell over the frantic pleas. "I'll just need to fetch my equipment. And get dressed. Feel free to let go of me any time you like, by the way."

He'd been right to come to me. The girl needed help. The inn had come into sight, and Pilus redoubled his efforts to reach it before the furious Dunmer caught up with him.

They had returned to the girl at her house, crying, on the floor, in a pool of her own vomit. Together, Pilus and her father managed to carry the sick girl to her bed. By the time they reached her room, Pilus was covered in the remaining contents of the girl's stomach. On my only robes, too.

"What's wrong with her?" Her father asked, terror gripping his voice.

"It's this fiddly thing. In her stomach. Or by it, at least. It's...broken." Pilus still hadn't figured out what the appendix was really for. It was just...there.

"Can you fix it?"

"Well, sort of. You might say I can remove the problem." He coughed. "But I'll need privacy."

Pilus found it easiest to avoid explaining surgery to those not educated in medicine. People often assumed that a healer could just magic away problems with a wave of their hands, but often that wasn't the case, and more drastic measures were necessary. Yet, for some reason, the sick were still reluctant to remove their clothes and allow Pilus to carefully eliminate the offending organ even as they lay dying. It had always puzzled him.

A few hours later, as the impromptu surgeon carefully put the girl's appendix in his bag and began healing the entrance wound closed, the father burst into the room. Unable to contain his nervousness, he'd sat outside the door, hugging his knees until his nerves were nearly frayed. Finally, when he couldn't stand the suspense anymore, he'd decided to see if any progress had been made. He was greeted with the sight of his daughter, shirtless, drawing ragged breaths and covered in blood, and Pilus leaning over her, holding a bloody knife. Enraged and confused, the elf grabbed a candlestick and charged across the room, swinging it with a vengeance.

Thankfully, she'll survive. Hopefully, I will too. Pilus barreled through the inn's door. He grabbed the first man he saw, a large Redguard quietly eating what passed for breakfast at the inn. "I wasn't here!" he screamed. "You didn't see me!"

The healer fled up the stairs, taking them two at a time. He turned to the first room on his right, yanked open the door and dove in. As he lay on the floor, breathing heavily, he managed to kick the wooden door shut.

Oh-kay. I should be safe. If not, there's always another window.

Oh-kay...

It was then that he noticed the young Nord woman sleeping in the bed. On the positive side of things, she really was quite attractive, and very fit. However, this also meant she really was attractive, and fit, and thus, quite possibly, very dangerous. He could even make out a scar on her face, stretching from her left eyebrow down to her cheek.

Terrified of waking the woman and terrified of leaving the room, Pilus huddled in a corner and endeavored to make himself invisible.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Stirring in the morning light Elsa froze. There was that undeniable feeling of being watched prickling at the nape of her neck. She was on her front, facing away from the door and window, it was a bad position to be in. Mentally cursing she tried to locate her daggers. Both were under the bed with the rest of her things, she had been exhausted to the point of recklessness, so of course she would be caught in this kind of situation this morning.

Deciding to greet her intruder calmly she sighed, slowly sitting up to swing her legs over the side of the bed. "Who are you and why are you watching me sleep?" There was a man huddled in the corner of the room, as if he wanted to be anywhere but here. His front was covered in blood and vomit and not for the first time Elsa silently asked the Nine why it was she always found herself in peculiar situations such as this one.

Looking closer he didn't strike her as the dangerous type, though the same had been said for her in the past. Deciding to play it safe she offered outstretched hands, a universal sign of unarmed surrender. "Look, I don't have anything of value, and to be honest you don't strike me as the type who has his way with girls in the night, so whatever you're hoping to get off me, you've picked the wrong room."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn got out of his bed slowly, his nightmare still fresh in his mind. As he packed for the journey ahead, he couldn't help but remember what the other Relyn had said. No. I'm a new mer, now. He thought. My days of dark sorcery and dreams of infinite power are behind me. He clipped his short sword to his belt, and left the room. Before he went upstairs, he looked down at the palm of hand and concentrated. The shadows around him were drawn to his hand. They started to form a shape, but Relyn panicked. In an instant, the shadows flew back to their original places, as if they had never moved. Relyn bolted for the ladder.

Attempting to rid his mind of whatever had just happened, Relyn walked over to the bar. "I'll have a glass of spiced wine, please." The man at the counter gave him a strange look. "Just get it." As the innkeeper went downstairs to fetch the wine, Relyn looked around. He spotted Farth and Garrus conversing. Elsa was nowhere to be seen. He saw a few groggy travelers eating breakfast, and he spotted a Breton man in a black robe, looking right at him. Relyn had seen him the night before, as well. He had thought nothing of the man, then. But now he was sure that this Breton was focusing on him and his group. As the innkeeper returned with his glass of wine, Relyn walked over and took a seat across from the Breton.

The man was pale, with bright orange eyes. Vampire. "Hello there, good fellow. Fine morning isn't it?" Relyn dropped his voice, so that only he and the man could hear. "I have no idea what you want with me or my group, vampire, but you better start talking. A Telvanni wizard does not take lightly to spies, I'll assure you."

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    Satisfied. The pale Breton has eaten his fill for the night. A lonely beggar who was helplessly sleeping on his little sack right behind the Inn. He can remember the look of terror emerging from the poor man's eyes as he watched his own life, his very soul, leave him. No screams were released. No guards or other bystanders were aware. It's as if it never happened. There's not even a trace of the man remaining. Vapor, the pet Death Hound, was sure of that.

Now, it is early morning. The Breton had returned to the same spot as the night before. The Dunmer had rushed to the bar, ordering a bottle of mead. Then he looks at the Breton with curiosity. After retrieving the mead, the Dunmer walked up to the Breton, and sat across from him. The Breton stares into the Dunmer's eyes. His eyes filled with thirst and hunger. "Hello there, good fellow. Fine morning isn't it?" The Breton silently smiles, showing his blood-stained teeth. "I have no idea what you want with me or my group, vampire, but you better start talking. A Telvanni wizard does not take lightly to spies, I'll assure you."

At this, the Breton's smile fades. He leans forward, staring menacingly into the Dunmer's eyes, almost as if trying to enthrall him simply by staring. He speaks with a hushed and terrifying tone. "Spy? No. I'm no spy. Just...a scholar, I suppose. Only looking to further continue my studies is all." He pets his snarling pet, Vapor. The Death Hound is gnawing on the leg bone of last night's dinner. "I understand you are going on an...adventure? One that may just benefit my studies. And I may be of use to you. Of course, if you decline my offer. You will be prey. Like the rest of your kind. Yes, I am a vampire. What gave it away? My dashing good looks, my pet, or my orange eyes and pale skin?" He leans back in his chair, and places his ebony sword on his lap, wiping the blade with the bottom of his robe. "Bring me with you, and I give you my word. I will not harm either of you. But if you don't, I will follow your little group. And I will slowly devour your very souls. One by one. That's just my way of negotiating." The Breton gives the Dunmer a grin, and returns his blade to his side. Awaiting the answer.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    "Studies..." Relyn said aloud, thinking the vampire's proposition over. "You are an experimenter, like myself. Obviously you are one of a... darker nature. But that's what it is, isn't it? Your nature. You must eat to survive. Provided you do not take us for a free meal, I see no harm in letting you join us." Relyn took a sip of his wine as a smile crossed his face. "I am always happy to help further the study of magic and science. I shall talk to the group, and hopefully you can come with us. I'd go get cleaned up a bit first, if I were you." The Dunmer's eyes darted to the vampire's bloodstained teeth. "By the way, I am Relyn Telvayn of the Great House Telvanni. And you are...?"

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    The Breton licks his teeth at the mention of getting cleaned up. "Jadoric Delnares. And yes. We all have our own way of survival and experimentation." Jadoric grabs an apple that was resting on the table and cuts it in half with his dirty, sharp and strong fingernails. He eats the first half and throws the other to the ground. Vapor jumps at it and devours it. Then returns to his bone. "I'm sure everyone has their own dark side. Even you, Telvayn." He stares into the Dunmer's eyes, reading him like a book. Then averts his gaze to a random traveler, walking out the Inn door. The warm Cyrodiilic air flows in, striking the vampire's cold skin. He snares as the sun's rays seemingly attack his face when the door is opened. "I think we should wait until night fall. If you wish for me to perform at the best of my abilities in case we are attacked." He then fixes his silver-sapphire circlet fastened around his head, and relaxes once the door is closed.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    She hadn't screamed. She hadn't screamed!

Pilus was shocked. Generally, women avoided him like a plague. And when he turned up unexpectedly, he was often greeted with cries of repulsion and an open-handed slap across his face. Not that he was particularly unattractive. Nature had given him a rather plain face, with features that tended to fade into the background. Nature had also seen fit to make him a chick magnet. It was just that their magnets faced the same pole as his.

But she hadn't screamed!

Pilus had been wrong when he'd noticed her, sleeping in the bed. Her back was to the door, and her face hidden in shadow. But as she awakened, and rose like some celestial goddess emerging from the foaming sea, the morning light cast faint shadows across her face. She wasn't just attractive. She was breathtakingly beautiful.

And she was talking to him! To him! Grandmother's words echoed through Pilus' head. There's someone out there for everyone. Even you, you little runt. After years...well, months of searching, he'd found Her! The one!

"Who are you and why are you watching me sleep?" She asked suspiciously. Noticing Pilus cowering in the corner, she sighed and extended her hands. "Look, I don't have anything of value, and to be honest you don't strike me as the type who has his way with girls in the night," Pilus wasn't quite sure if this was a good or a bad thing, but he remained silent. "So whatever you're hoping to get off me, you've picked the wrong room."

He stared at her extended hands, miraculously not moving towards his face, and then he hesitantly met her piercing gaze. It was fate! It had to be. Here was the beautiful heroine, thrown into his life by the whims of the Divines. And while Pilus certainly wasn't a hero, he was often quite dashing, very fast in the opposite direction.

Quick, say something! Something suave, and impressive.

"Er... I wasn't hoping to get off on you. Around you. Anything from you." He desperately searched for the right words, but found none. "Here," he said taking the elf girl's appendix out of his satchel and holding it up defensively. "I had to cut her open and take it out. So she wouldn't die. Um... she nearly did, but then she didn't. Because I cut it out." He grinned proudly, on more familiar ground. "It was a record time, and there wasn't even that much blood."

Farthlion

Upon finishing his breakfast, Farth headed back to his room. He packed up both of his bags and tied them carefully onto his shoulder. Next he took his swords and tied the sheathes to his hip. The weapons already were clanking loudly with each step he took toward the door of his room.

As the bard arrived downstairs, he had to admit he felt a lot better - the headache he had was now just a lingering pain, nothing like the pounding he experienced when he first woke up. The Redguard spotted Relyn and he immediately smiled, coming to his side and throwing an arm around the Dark Elf, "Are you ready my dear friend? Our road ahead is quite brutal, but we shall prevail once again!"

The Redguard grinned at his clever rhyme before realizing that Relyn had been speaking with someone. He stared at the Breton before spotting the strange color in his eyes. "Are you sick, sir?"

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa felt the blood drain from her face as the stranger held some kind of organ in front of her. He was babbling like a madman and all she could look at was the dripping organ he held in his hand. Was he hoping to add to the collection? Was he hoping to cut out her...whatever that was?

Backing away she cursed once more her lack of weaponry at the moment. She had no way of telling if his apparent insanity made him a danger to her. As much as it pained her pride she was seriously considering screaming for Farth and Relyn. Eyes looking frantically to the door Elsa tried to think of the best way to deal with the stranger who was still covered in blood. If she was going to grab her daggers she would have to turn her back on the stranger and there was no way in Oblivion she would do that.

If she screamed loud enough that might panic the man, and while he might lash out at her, he seemed nervous enough that he might put the organ away. It would give Farth and Relyn enough time to get to the door as well. She couldn't see any way out of the situation. So she screamed. She screamed as loud as she could and just hoped it would be enough for Farth and Relyn to hear.

Farthlion

The bard's eyes narrowed as a loud scream from above pierced his ears. That sounded like... Elsa? Upon this realization he cut off his conversation with Relyn and the sickly looking Breton and bolted up the stairs. His natural athleticism rarely showed, but right now it wa quite apparent that he was able to sprint. Clanking loudly to the room, the Redguard stopped before the door. Should he knock? What was he thinking? Of course not.

Farth swung open the door, immediately drawing his sword when he saw the man in the room with her, "What's going on? Did you harm my friend?!" Upon further examination of the item that the Imperial was holding, his eyes grew wide and he felt his breakfast begin to leave his stomach.

He looked to Elsa, and was relieved to find that the item did not belong to her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts