Fearless Expectations Journal - Zoran

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Awhhh yeah that last one was really good :D

Kaleia

Morndas, 15th of Heartfire, 201

I sit in Mara's Temple, feeling filthy as I again ponder my path in life. I spoke to Brynjolf again this morning. He was still kind, charismatic, confident. And somehow, where some might see a lowlife, I see in him everything I wish I could be. Confident.

I had a nightmare last night. I don't remember much of it, except for the smell of blood, and the weight of the bleeding upon my chest, and the weight of a dagger in my palm. It turned my thoughts again to the too-good-to-be-true items I acquired in Winterhold, and I feel sicker at the thought of what may have occurred.

I can't worry of what I don't know, though. All I can think of now is Brynjolf's confidence, his demeanor, his comfort with his surroundings. His insight. Everything I wish I had, and in the one thing virtue would never have me be.

Unless....unless there is a different kind of virtue in that way of life. The virtue of survival. The virtue of intelligence, of outwitting your foes. The virtue of strength in the shadows. My hand is shaking as I write, as I remember my dark nights of thievery. It is like some kind of addiction: mead for the drunkard, blood for the vampire, gold for the thief. Power that does not require strength and fair play. I am addicted to the way of shadows. That much is certain. And in that regard, Brynjolf is correct about me. Surely even the Nine would understand my desires. They may not be holy, but my mind is scoured of anything else. The Nine might not accept it, but they could understand.

I want that power of the shadows so much it burns. Even now, in this temple, my unholy desire draws my eyes to potions, to drawers, to shelves.

I'm sorry, Laoan. I am a criminal.

I've left the temple. Every moment in there I felt like an abomination. I sit now on the docks to write.

My decision is made, and there is no going back, for to go back would only cause me more anguish. I must go forward, with pride in my chosen path, though right now I feel only guilt and fear. I will seek out Brynjolf tomorrow, and help with his plan.

Perhaps he can teach me how to find confidence outside the law. Perhaps he can teach me to find right in my new path. I don't know. But I do know that the shadows have accepted me as a brother, and I them. I feel made for this path. I will not live in envy of the strong and rich and powerful. I will be strong and rich and powerful - in ways they never could be.

In doing this, I forsake the Nine, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. I've decided to turn instead to Azura, who surely helped me discover my path. I'm not very religious, and it feels odd to take to daedra, but I hope she will look after me as I seek a path in the twilight. I've heard say that Nocturnal is the patron of thieves...but Azura feels more familiar to me.

Tomorrow morning, my new life will be set in stone, and I may gain a new mentor on that path.

Sorry, Laoan. Sorry, Father. My life is my own, and my path is the one that holds hope for me. I am no warrior, nor really much of a scholar. The shadows have called me, and I cannot turn back. I'm going to wash in the lake, and perhaps wash away some of the guilt of the fall...no. Not truly guilt, but fear. Not truly a fall, but like a bird's dive from a cliff, before the wind gathers in its wings and carries it higher than the highest of cliffs.

But I fear the fall.

Perhaps he could only try to steal things that wouldn't seem as important. For example, if was robbing a blacksmith, you might take ingots or gold, but you wouldn't take his family sword or smithing tools.

Kaleia

Perhaps he could only try to steal things that wouldn't seem as important. For example, if was robbing a blacksmith, you might take ingots or gold, but you wouldn't take his family sword or smithing tools.

Hurting people isn't what he's afraid of. He honestly doesn't give a s*** about most people, as he's spent a lot of his life being overlooked. He only likes people that are like him or impress him. What he's afraid of is the change in morality. It's a huge thing to forsake one's moral code - and that is his struggle. His self-image.

Kaleia

Tirdas, 16th of Heartfire, 201

Today I helped Brynjolf with his 'errand'. While he distracted the shopkeepers with some babble about lucky Falmer blood elixir, I leaned against a nearby wall and waited for a guard to disappear. Then, I crept around the stone wall surrounding the market, unlocked the lizard jeweler's stall, and took his ring like Brynjolf had designed for me to do. And...a few other pretty trinkets in the box with the ring. Then, careful to avoid attention, I moved around the outside of the market, looking for Bran-Shei, the Dunmer I was to plant the ring on. I like Dunmer well enough, but this one seems like a traitor to his people, carrying a name like that.

Bran-Shei was sitting on some crates, and when I snuck behind them, I found just enough space to slip a hand through and inconspicuously drop the ring in the unlucky elf's pocket. As I backed away and leaned against the stone wall to look like an observer, Brynjolf allowed the crowd to scatter, and once it was all clear, I walked over to him. He paid me well for the deed - more even than my raid in Windhelm had earned me - and I felt reassured by my success. He asked if I had it in me for more, and told me to find him in the Ragged Flagon, a tavern beneath the city.

After some pacing near the stairs, I decided it wouldn't hurt, and so went down into the Ratway. Upon entering, I summoned my atronach as a precaution. And it proved a good idea right away, as hostile bandits guarded the entry tunnel. I assisted my atronach with arrows, and when both men were down I was pleased to find a bow of superior quality to my own on one of them. I took it and left my old one behind, going further into the tunnels.

Several small fights later (out of one of which I emerged with some very nice, if smelly, enchanted gloves), I stood staring at the Flagon. It was clear no one had seen me yet, and I took my time walking towards it. And I stopped at the edge of the tavern area, hearing Brynjolf and the barman discussing....me? Brynjolf thought I was 'different'? Different as in what? I wasn't sure, and that annoyed me.

Nevertheless, when Brynjolf saw me, he seemed more than pleased, and actually told me he was impressed. I complained, though it was barely true, than I'd almost been killed trying to get to the Flagon, and immediately regretted it as I saw annoyance and disappointment cross his features. He let the complaint pass, though, and said he could offer me a permanent place in his organization, which I now understand to be the Thieves Guild, if I passed a bit of a test.

Not wanting to disappoint again, I immediately agreed. And now I sit in the inn, back in the surface world, faced with the challenge of intimidating people. Maybe Brynjolf misunderstood my strengths. To earn my way into the Guild, I am given the challenge of scaring people, and I scare myself just by thinking about doing it. I'll get to it tomorrow. Maybe. Come what may...

Kaleia

Middas, 17th of Heartfire, 201

Today exceeded my expectations by a long shot. For the first time in a while, I feel a bit better about my chosen path.

The three people I was supposed to scare actually didn't cause as much trouble as I thought they would. Maybe I'm scarier-looking than I think? I started with the dim-witted lizards, and actually got one of them to give me tools against the target. Moron. Then I went to the Bunkhouse, where I barely had picked up the owner's Dibella statue before she practically begged permission to give me the money. News apparently travels fast, because the shopkeeper at the Pawned Prawn seemed practically in tears when I came in, and acted like a dog trying to please its master.

Is this what power feels like?

Feeling somewhat more confident, I made my way down to the Flagon again and presented the coin to Brynjolf, who once again over-inflated my ego with his praise of my skill. Honestly, I don't think I'm that great, but oh well. He took me back to meet the guildmaster, who clearly doesn't like anyone, possibly including himself. Oh, no, he actually seems to like himself well enough, but he didn't like me. I'm fine with that. I'm new to the Guild, so I shouldn't expect the hero-worship Brynjolf's been giving me...why he does so, I'll never know.

In any case, I've been assigned a mission of hive-burning and safe-emptying. It sounds easy, but everyone has assured me that it won't be. I hope they won't mind if I put off the actual job for a few days. Vex and Delvin have offered me extra work, which I think I'll do between scouting of the target, if I can convince them to give me local work.

I've been fitted with my very own guild armor, a very nice set of enchanted leather, or something akin to leather. I've also been given my own bed, chest, and dresser - there were even a few things in my chest, and on the dresser some books that look interesting - books about the Thieves Guild. I'll be reading those some evenings, so I may not write in this journal as much.

The guild fence bought my trinkets from past raids, and from her I was able to buy an enchanted bow and an elegant dwarven dagger. I hope they do well for me when it comes down to it.

Everyone seems nice enough down here, and some even seem to admire me. I don't know what the guildmaster's issue is, and for now I won't worry about it. I'll prove to everyone that I am worthy of being here. Yes, worthy. It seems odd to say about an organization of thieves, but if today has taught me anything, it's that I'm not the only one who considers the path of shadows a talent.

Probably gonna skip writing in this until I can find a more hidden place to do it. The ex-bandit has been giving me funny looks. I feel better about my choice now, though. They've accepted me as one of their own...and I feel like that is what I am.

Will write when I can.

Kaleia

Fredas, 26th of Heartfire, 201

Writing tonight, I wonder how I can be so incredibly stupid. What possessed me, after choosing the path of shadows, to enter a hive of bloodthirsty mercenaries in broad daylight, arrows and atronachs blazing? It's so far from intelligent that it hurts. I went in with no plan, and I was lucky to get out at all.

Allow me to start at the beginning. After taking Ambush for a morning ride, I swam near my target with the intent to scout. I couldn't help but notice that the front door was barely guarded (okay, I got a bit closer than needed for scouting), and snuck in, thinking to easily finish the job if the guarding was that poor.

Things went downhill from there. Though I managed to kill off the trio of mercs downstairs, my poor aim upstairs gave away my position. After being beaten black and blue, and likely scarred in several unpleasant places, I was dragged out and dumped in the lake. Luckily, I had left loyal Ambush nearby, and sensing my dilemma, he came near, and I managed to clamber onto his back before passing out.

I awakened in the cistern of the Guild three days later, coughing up blood. As one of my guildmates explained to me, Ambush had carried me to the stables, where a guildmate masquerading as a guard had taken me off the horsekeeper's hands. I was allowed to rest for four more days, gradually healing, though Mercer and a couple others never failed to sneer in my direction if they caught my eyes on them.

I feel a bit better now, though I'm still sore. I'll take it easy for a few days, and then I shall take on my target prepared. I won't bother with trying to attack, either. In and out, like a shadow - I'll see to it that they never know I'm there.

That's it for today. Mercer's giving me the evil eye, so I should probably find something constructive to do now that I'm up and about - like pay for the help with recovery.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to gain Mercer's respect or punch him in the face not.

Kaleia

Sundas, 28th of Heartfire, 201

It will be dawn sometime soon. I sit on a small island on the opposite side of the lake from Riften, watching three white pillars of smoke waft into the sky. The sky is lightening behind the pillars, glowing fiery orange and serene. Fire dances on the surface of the lake, mirroring the sky above. It is beautiful. I can barely see the smoke now, for there is so much fiery light all around that drowns the burning hives.

My deed is done. The contents of the beekeepers safe are in my pockets, three of his hives burn, and a new sun rises. It was not as bloodless as I had hoped, as one of the mercenaries upstairs came up behind me and made me jump a fair bit. The beekeeper was unfortunately uncooperative, and with some help from an atronach, I put him down as well. Once back outside, I made for the hives, thankfully undetected through that painless process.

And now here I sit, writing, pockets lined with coin. I'll get back to the guild soon, and then a long rest awaits.

After I wade back to the shore and retrieve the rest of my things, I'll go home to the Guild. But for now, it's enough to watch blinding light fill the sky, and wonder if perhaps I like the night better. In any case, I followed Brynjolf's orders flawlessly, and I hope I have redeemed my earlier failure.

Yes....a bit more wine, then my reward, then a long sleep in the cool dark hole I now call home. As Vex likes to say, do job first, get drunk second. Ah...yes. Sleep all day...and celebrate tonight.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Really great entries of Zoran in the thieves guild. I feel as though he has finally found his home.

Kaleia

Tirdas, 30th of Heartfire, 201

Wow....that hits hard. It's been more than a month since I came to Skyrim, since I lost Laoan to the Thalmor...and almost a month since my life began to change. It feels long, but for that much, it also feels short. Especially considering that I now sit where I haven't sat in at least a month. The Bannered Mare, in Whiterun, washing down apple pie with cold Black-Briar Mead. It seems fitting, all things considered.

Why am I in Whiterun? Well, my celebration of success was put on hold by an urgent 'summons' from Maven Black-Briar, who apparently knows my name. From what I've heard of her reputation, I really shouldn't be surprised. I allowed myself some sleep before running to meet her. I'll admit she was intimidating, but I soon realized that it was more of a facade. She's just very business-oriented, and so I used that angle to appease her irritability. She sent me to Whiterun, to speak to a contact of hers, and having heard one too many stories of bodies dumped in the lake, I took that as a signal to pay the cart-man, tie Ambush to the back of the cart, and rush a night journey to the middle of Skyrim, for I had no interest in disappointing Maven.

To be honest, I slept for half the ride, and Ambush probably wished he could have too, not that he's been doing much lately.

We arrived in Whiterun late in the morning, and apparently a four hours short of being late. I paid the horse keeper to look after Ambush before running up to the inn. Maven's contact informed me of the plan to poison the brew of Maven's competitor, and I got the idea quickly, and was out of there as quickly as I had come in.

I ate breakfast on the way down to Maven's competitor's meadery, Honningbrew. As soon as I walked in, I caught the smell of decay, and didn't have to look far to see a freshly killed skeever staining the otherwise nice enough place. Honningbrew's owner, Sabjorn, looked frightened by my sudden appearance, and frankly I don't blame him. A dead animal on the floor is awful for business.

In any case, I gave one of my rare offers of assistance, and the blessed man reminded me accidentally that I really deserved to be paid for my niceness. Recalling the confidence of my extortion of the shopkeepers in Riften, I took advantage of the situation to corner him into paying me first...half the pay, anyway.

Then it was to the cellars, where my atronach saved my hide almost too often. Thankfully, the thin tunnels allowed for me to use the atronach as something of a shield, and most of the vermin were taken care of without effort. Then, we (me and the atronach) met a rather crazy fellow living with the spiders and skeevers. Needless to say, my steady advance was interrupted by a game of running-from-crazy-ice-mage-hermit-guy-and-summoning-fire-atronachs-to-kick-his-a**.

I survived, barely, and have new things to whine at Brynjolf about (which I won't). My deeds done, I took the fellow's journal and conjuration ring, the former for reading and the latter for use. I poisoned the vermin nest, then the mead, took the key, and was home free.

Almost.

I sat at the bar of Honningbrew, choking down one of their unpoisoned concoctions whilst watching Sabjorn get chewed out by a very angry captain-of-the-guard. Once they cleared out, Maven's contact (who had been watching the whole while) okayed me to search Sabjorn's things (another of Maven's requests). Nice enough fellow, I suppose, though I don't really like him that much. Might be able to sell him a few things if I ever come back to this blasted Hold.

Brief searching uncovered a note addressed to Sabjorn, and my eye caught on a symbol at the top of the paper - the same symbol Brynjolf had pointed out on a note I took from the beekeeper's safe. A connection....how interesting indeed.

I snagged a few trinkets from a locked closet in Sabjorn's quarters before heading back up to the inn for well-earned rest and food.

Well, the windows are brightening, and the candle at this table grows dim. I'm riding Ambush back to Riften, rather than taking the cart. I miss spending time with the good boy anyway. I'm off.

Kaleia

Middas, 1st of Frostfall, 201

It's a bit late, and I've finally walked through the gates of Riften, not as merely Zoran, but as Zoran the Trollslayer. That's right. Unfortunately.

The first day of my journey home was mostly uneventful. I was stopped by some bandits, and paid them a reduced toll before sticking a dagger in the back of the one who took it. Needless to say, several stabbings later, I had a relatively nice view of the sunset from the towertop before going to sleep. The next morning I observed the sunrise before setting off with Ambush.

The first half of the day was almost entirely uneventful, to the point that I almost wished for something interesting to break the monotony of Ambush and I bashing in the skulls of wolves (well, Ambush bashing their skulls while I backed him up). We did meet an interesting Khajiit named M'aiq, whom I conversed with on deep topics whilst stopped for a late breakfast.

Then, on our way up the mountainside, a sabre cat sprang from the rocks. At first I urged Ambush to flee, but the climb was treacherous, and so I leapt from Ambush's back, ready to protect him from the angry cat.

As I readied my bow, Ambush ran between me and the cat, rearing bravely as the cat hissed and spat. I swallowed hard, and began to rapidly fire arrows at the beast for daring to raise its claws against my brave comrade.

Then...it was over. Ambush looked at my stunned face as if to say "I ain't as frail as you think." A wide grin grew across my face. We...we had done it. We had faced a wild beast, and slayed it without fear or casualty.

I mounted Ambush, and we continued up the road to Ivarstead, only to be attacked yet again shortly up the road, this time by a troll. I dismounted again, knowing my atronach's fire might weaken the monster, and to my horror, Ambush raced head-on at the troll, no doubt gaining confidence in his strength and sturdiness. I quickly cast the spell to summon the atronach, then pulled out my bow to shoot the thing down. When Ambush came to his senses and fled uphill, I followed, keeping an eye over my shoulder for the beast, for I felt more confidence too, like Ambush. The guards of Ivarstead joined our fight on a hill above the town, and there, all of us fought the terrible beast, until finally a guard's blow brought it to the ground.

I wish for the shadows, rather than the warrior's fight.

After our lunch, feeling confident that we'd reach Riften by nightfall, Ambush and I continued on our way. We encountered a group of Stormcloak rebels on the road, thankfully minding their own business, and we watched from afar as a group of Imperials passed us to attack them.

An hour passed with relative calm. And then, another troll appeared, its roars ringing in my ears. Confident in our strength, I jumped down for the third time in the afternoon, how ready almost before I hit the ground. Ambush was confident too, and charged the troll without hesitation. We could do it.
A spout of flame erupted from an angle in the road, and at first I feared we'd stumbled upon a hostile mage. Then I saw that the fire was engulfing the monster, and I saw the face of the very Dunmer I had followed to Azura's Shrine almost a month ago. I wasn't sure what he was doing in the Rift, and I didn't stop firing arrows to ask. We could do it. Almost there, surely.

Then, it happened. As Ambush reared to deliver what would surely be a killing blow to the monster's head, the troll's claw flashed up against Ambush's chest, and I heard a high pitched squeal. Then...he slumped slightly, and I thought he might just be startled, bruised. Then, the troll's heavy paw slammed Ambush's head to the side, and my brave steed crashed to the ground.

I stood in shock, unable to process what had just occurred, and terrified to acknowledge it. Then, I saw my Dunmer ally, still fighting, and I loosed another arrow, one that this time struck the troll's heart.

The Azura worshipper, whose name I've never gotten, looked at me with some measure of pity before telling me he was returning to the shrine, and continuing on his way.

I stood over my brave steed's body, tears running down my cheeks. He may not have been with me long, but he had saved my life on more than one occasion, had led me to my first victories over terrifying beasts, had carried me to the city where I found my home. And just like that, Ambush was...gone.

I laid over him the pelt of the sabre cat he had slain, and laid beside him its claw and eye, and left him where he had fallen with a heavy heart. Where I had chosen the path of shadow, he had been a brave warrior, a true son of Skyrim as the Ulfric lovers might say. He had died well, in the way all those native to Skyrim seemed to desire. My brave steed.

An hour down the road found me fighting a pitiless assassin from the Dark Brotherhood. I had grown stronger since my last encounter, though, and me and my atronach annihilated him.

Little more remains to be said. As I approached the gates of Riften, the horse keeper looked at me curiously, and the guard seemed to notice my somber mood, for he tried to cheer me up with a gruff comment about the Thieves Guild being on the rise. I didn't bother to look to see if he was one of us or just pretending he didn't know who I was. Everyone in Riften seems to now.

I decided I'd check in with Maven tomorrow, and sold my trinkets and furs from the road to the Guild fence before sitting in the Guild training room to write this. Nuruin is the only one who seems to have picked up on my mood, for as I entered, he reminded me of his offer of marksman training, as he's seen me come in to practice my aim when I have a lot on my mind.

I didn't practice this evening. Didn't feel like it. All I can think about is the horse lying out on the road somewhere, likely food for the wolves he once downed with ease. I remember now the look he gave me after fighting the sabre cat. "I'm not frail," it had seemed to say. Looking back, I think there was something different in that look. "Don't doubt our strength - or yours."

I promise I won't, Ambush. On my path of shadow, I will be the strongest. On my path of shadow, none will surpass me, none will stand in my way. Confidence. Always, that is what it comes back to. Confidence in my self, in my strength, in my dreams, in my path, in my bow, in my blade. Confidence in the shadows.

Maybe Ambush wouldn't understand my chosen path either. But I tasted power for the first time when I showed my worth to join the Guild. And I want that more than anything. And now I know why. I want what Maven Black-Briar has - I want to be respected, to be feared. I want that so that a day will come when none will dare raise their sword against me, so that none will dare raise their sword against those I hold dear. I lost Laoan. I lost Ambush. Perhaps, along the way, I lost the man I used to be. But a new man has been forged in that dawn, in that fire, in that pain of loss, and that new man will never lose a friend again.

Thalmor, fear me.
Beasts, beware me.

I make a vow today, for the sake of a fallen friend who was endlessly brave, a friend who died protecting me, that I will become powerful and confident and respected.

Am I afraid?

Not right now. Right now, I am angry.

They say fear leads to anger. And so it has.

I am angry, and I someday the world will feel that rage.

Someday. Not today, not tomorrow, maybe not even a year from now. But the day will come.

For Laoan.

For Ambush.

For myself.

This I do swear.

Now at least, I fear only the anger within.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Really powerful last entry I could feel it seeping through the internet (not being sarcastic). Really awesome entry. :)

Kaleia

Loredas, 4th of Frostfall, 201

Today, I fell in love.

Sort of, anyway. It's been a few days since my last entry, mostly because I've been busy. Nuruin and Vipir have kept me on a tight schedule for the training I asked of them, and between training and running jobs for Vex and Delvin, I haven't had room to breath, save for shot spurts in the evenings when I put Vipir's training to good use, snagging valuables from the pockets of passerby.

Mercer's been getting on my case, especially today. After I reported back from Whiterun, he told me that I was to go to Solitude to meet with one of the guild's lizards that's been tied to the trouble with Goldenglow and Honningbrew. Since I've reasonably recovered from the shock of losing Ambush and feel renewed confidence due to my training, I've decided to leave early tomorrow morning.

Speaking of Ambush, I now return to my earlier statement about falling in love.

This afternoon was my first free afternoon in a while, so I went to the stables almost on instinct...before remembering Ambush wasn't waiting for me. However, the horse keeper's redguard assistant was grooming one of the Riften stable's horses, a lovely mottled filly. I couldn't help but walk closer to admire her, and as I did, her head turned towards me.

I froze as our eyes met, and my heart melted with the gentleness and liveliness in those eyes. It was a long gaze - maybe minutes, maybe hours, but my heart was stolen swifter than the jewels in a rich man's pockets.

I hurried to the horse keeper, and, trying to keep a straight face, used the majority of my remaining money to purchase her.

Now she and I stand at the lakeside, watching the sun set over the mountains. I will protect her. I must, for she has tied my heart to her, whether I like it or not. She is precious to me, and I feel almost a choking sense of protectiveness whenever she glances toward me with those trusting, sweet eyes. Am I a fool to be this tied to a horse in so short a time? Maybe.

But for now, she is my lifeline. I like my guildmates well enough, it's true, but this horse I love. She is my family, and I hers. I feel a certain protectiveness of my guildmates, but this horse is my companion and confidant. Or at least she will be. She knows as I do that our fates are somehow aligned.

I will call her Affinity.

Need to head back and pay for her keep tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll pick up some Solitude jobs from Vex and Delvin, pack lightly, and head out. Hopefully we'll make it to Whiterun by tomorrow night...both of us.

Kaleia

Sundas, 5th of Frostfall, 201

Angry again today, for I can count the number of times man or beast raised their hand against Affinity today, and it makes me sick to think that any of those blows could have meant her end. Her sweet demeanor definity left me unprepared for her underhanded and deadly fighting style. Who knew a horse could be so very deceptive?

Most of the morning was peaceful, and I was glad of it. We spotted a troll once, but experience and fear drove me to urge Affinity to run until the beast lost interest in us. Our first fight came on a bridge, when I dismounted for our breakfast and spied a silhouette on the road ahead. Thinking it to be a man, I started towards it - then realized it was much to bulky to be a man. A bear roared and raged toward us, and by the time I reached Affinity, running wasn't an option. I cast my atronach, and raised my bow against the beast. To my surprise, Affinity showed no hesitation to fight, and the bear fell under our heavy blows in minutes.

Near lunchtime, I met M'aiq the Khajiit once more, and he gave me some tips on dual wielding - though I doubt I'll ever use them - before boasting of his knowledge, which I've grown to trust as an accurate boast. I bid him farewell after lunch, and we continued on our way.

When Whiterun was in view, I came across a troubling scene - three Imperial soldiers standing beside marred and stripped bodies. Their apparent leader demanded a fee of me, which I was almost certain no Imperial soldier would do, and so I declined. When I jumped down to summon my atronach, Affinity pleased me by having the good sense to flee. The imposters proved to be challenging foes, and I began to consider fleeing myself.

As their mage and axe-wielder came upon me, I suddenly heard a loud whinny, and I looked over my shoulder to see Affinity had come over the rocks to bring their third fellow to his knees. With Affinity's help, the imposters were soon fallen, and I paid for her well-earned rest when we reached the stables.

The innkeeper shows me to my room every time. Couldn't she just say, "The one you always stay in"? Or does she not recognize me? Maybe it's just habit.

Tomorrow I set out for Solitude. I don't know the way, so I'll have to follow the signs and hope they point the way well.

What in Oblivion is that wretched stink? I think I'll have to get up earlier tomorrow so I can bathe.

Well, Affinity is alive, I'm alive, and hopefully this whole plot-against-the-Guild business will be behind us within a week. I'm getting a bit tired of being treated like Mercer's errand boy. Here's an idea: let's elect Zoran as guildmaster. Kidding. I think Brynjolf would be a better choice, really. Mercer's a damned slavedriver.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
This is incredible. Of high quality and are frequent. This is the perfect diary. (Sorry Hrisskar!)
idk I personally enjoy Hrisskar's writing more but nevertheless this is really great and as MrCiv said very frequent :)

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
I'm MrCiv? Whut?
oh sorry I always think your MrCiv because I see the beginning of your username Mr. then I see your avatar pic Civilization 5 and I always get confused and put them together.

Kaleia

This is incredible. Of high quality and are frequent. This is the perfect diary. (Sorry Hrisskar!)

To be clear from the start, I disagree with this statement. BIGWooly's holds advantages of time, originality, and consistency over mine. I have only been at it for a few days - BIGWooly has been at it for a few months. BIGWooly started the whole Hardcore journaling thing - I'm just emulating. BIGWooly's have been consistent in character, length, and style. I stumbled a bit not too long ago whilst discovering Zoran's personality.

However, I thank you for your admiration, and I hope I continue to do well.

For my 'fans', just a warning: Zoran's journal will stall sometime late in this week to be continued Sunday or Monday. This is because my cousins will be coming and I put away my PS3 when they do. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to post at least two a day until I have to pack it up.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
To be clear from the start, I disagree with this statement. BIGWooly's holds advantages of time, originality, and consistency over mine. I have only been at it for a few days - BIGWooly has been at it for a few months. BIGWooly started the whole Hardcore journaling thing - I'm just emulating. BIGWooly's have been consistent in character, length, and style. I stumbled a bit not too long ago whilst discovering Zoran's personality.

However, I thank you for your admiration, and I hope I continue to do well.

For my 'fans', just a warning: Zoran's journal will stall sometime late in this week to be continued Sunday or Monday. This is because my cousins will be coming and I put away my PS3 when they do. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to post at least two a day until I have to pack it up.
I think I speak for everyone when I say thats fine since you already post multiple times a day. I am also glad your so humble as this is truly a great journal that I hope continues and remains as original and entertaining, but your right its really tough to get even close to the legend that is Hrisskar's Journal