• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Osiris

Child of the Sky
We all love the Daedric princes, they each have a unique personality, But who is your favorite?

Hail Malacath.

Hircine, in most cases. It all depends on the race I look at it from. I try to do this stuff from the view of one of my characters. If I am a Dunmer, it would be Azura, Nocturnal, or Boethiah most likely.

blue 468

Hircine or Nocturnal

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Not that I look up to any of them, but I've always liked Sanguine. He has such interesting lore on how he is loved and hated. He's like the Devil people use as an excuse for their actions. I could see a Man that was caught Cheating by his wife in Tamerial say "Sanguine Made me do it!" as a last ditch effort to change blame.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I like Nocturnal. She's the only one who's not completely full of herself. She seems to see the value that thieves possess and is willing to help them in return for service and loyalty. Not to mention she isn't always complaining about needing someone or another dead. She has that nice self-serving lifestyle. She rewards those who help her gratefully, whether that help is before or after she provides assistance, and punishes those who wrong her unless they repay her. And ignores the rest. While most Daedric Princes view mortals as simple amusement or servants, she takes advantage of their potential and helps them to achieve their own goals in return for the promise of future favors. All and all she really is the only one who view mortals as more then a few moments as play things.

Docta Corvina

I'm quite partial to Sanguine, Molag Bal and Clavicus Vile myself. I even married the first in one of my files. I couldn't help it. :oops:

I may be a Nightingale, but I'm no fan of Nocturnal. Fancy that, eh?

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Vaermina, Molag Bal, Sanguine, Sheogorath, Azura and Nocturnal are all my faves. All in that order.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I like Nocturnal. She's the only one who's not completely full of herself. She seems to see the value that thieves possess and is willing to help them in return for service and loyalty. Not to mention she isn't always complaining about needing someone or another dead. She has that nice self-serving lifestyle. She rewards those who help her gratefully, whether that help is before or after she provides assistance, and punishes those who wrong her unless they repay her. And ignores the rest. While most Daedric Princes view mortals as simple amusement or servants, she takes advantage of their potential and helps them to achieve their own goals in return for the promise of future favors. All and all she really is the only one who view mortals as more then a few moments as play things.

Actually, she doesn't give a plops about the Thieves. If you played Oblivion, you would know this.

Squirrel_killer-

Actually, she doesn't give a pl*** about the Thieves. If you played Oblivion, you would know this.
I got my platinum trophy for Oblivion... She didn't like the Grey Fox and his thieves do to him stealing from her...

Jersey Dagmar

I got my platinum trophy for Oblivion... She didn't like the Grey Fox and his thieves do to him stealing from her...

If you get the Skeleton Key, she clearly states that she doesn't care about the Thieves. All Thieves. Personally, I think Mercer Frey had the right idea. Flip that bitch the bird.

Squirrel_killer-

If you get the Skeleton Key, she clearly states that she doesn't care about the Thieves. All Thieves. Personally, I think Mercer Frey had the right idea. Flip that bitch the bird.

I have all the daedric artifacts in oblivion. took forever too... And pay careful attention to how she treats people in all the games and as you read the books. She cares for those who serve her. Thus the thieves guild who in a way serves her. And Mercer had a great idea. If it didn't involve getting caught so easily.

EDIT: Her exact words on the thieves:

Start of quest:

"Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark. Nocturnal is here. But my Eye is blind and drowned, stolen from its shrine, and hid in dark waters. To steal from a god is most unwise. In Leyawiin, two Argonians think themselves secret, but the Eye has seen them. Find these thieves in the city that spans the waters. Learn where they hide my Eye. Retrieve the Eye of Nocturnal, mortal, and return it to me, and I shall look favorably upon you."

End of quest:
"My Eye is returned, and I once again see into the darkness that is your world. We mock the thieves, for bitter is their loss. You, mortal, may take this. It shall open the secrets of dark places for you."
She is referring to the thieves of the Eye of Nocturnal specifically. Says nothing of thieves in general.

Jersey Dagmar

I have all the daedric artifacts in oblivion. took forever too... And pay careful attention to how she treats people in all the games and as you read the books. She cares for those who serve her. Thus the thieves guild who in a way serves her. And Mercer had a great idea. If it didn't involve getting caught so easily.

I thought it was the Nightingales who were linked to Nocturnal, not the Thieves Guild. And even if she is a patron to some of the Thieves, that doesn't mean SHE actually cares about them. To me, she is merely a deity that is watching her pawns move about on the game board. Because that's what it all is to her, a game. And those you claim she cares about her nothing but disposable pawns.

If any Daedric prince isn't full of themselves is Sanguine. He's just looking for a good time.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
My favorite Daedric Prince would have to be Hermaeus Mora. He's like the Shub Niggurath of the Elder Scrolls, if you understand what I mean. There's not necessarily much known about him, or his true potential power. Unlike most Daedra, Hermaeus seems to take a neutral stance, very much like the Thalmor when it comes to the Civil War in Skyrim. If you ever talked to Urag gro-Shub, the librarian in the College of Winterhold, he says that the Arcanaeum might as well be his own plane of Oblivion. The coincidence is that Hermaeus Mora's plane of Oblivion is an endless library, containing forbidden knowledge. It's when you notice these little things within Skyrim that it makes you wonder more about this Daedric Prince's very nature. Another interesting thing about him is that his sibling happens to be Mephala. Because of this, he is vaguely related to the Morag Tong. The Oghma Infinium... this is probably the most curious part of Hermaeus himself. Supposedly, he gave a Scribe of Auri-El the knowledge to write it. Auri-El is also understood to be Akatosh, lord of the Aedra. So how could a follower of an Aedra gain knowledge from an Aedra? Or did he deceive people into believing he was a Scribe of Auri-El? Could this person have mistaken Mora for this lord of Aedra? Or is Hermaeus Mora actually Akatosh, disguising himself as a Daedra? Getting heavily into the lore of the Elder Scrolls can really make you ponder such things.

Docta Corvina

If any Daedric prince isn't full of themselves is Sanguine. He's just looking for a good time.

Word up, yo.

Seriously, he's just out to have fun. You're part of his fun, yes, but it's all good in the end. I wish I could hang out with him as often as I wanted. I almost wanna mod that somehow.

Jersey Dagmar

Sanguine likes to toy with mortals, I don't like him.

You have a good time with him, such a good time that you have a hangover and can't even remember what happened. When you piece it all together, it's just hilarious. When you do find him, he's happy to see you and finally gives up the Staff. As I've said, he's just looking for a good time.