• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    At the top of the gate wall of Gilane, a foot back stepped into a puddle of the oil that lined the streets and poured down some of the walls. In a desperate rush, the soldiers who weren't having their throats slit had pushed over and dumped out piled barrels. Giving the final upward slash with his double bladed staff, Kraguul finished off one of what would be many guard captains to fall. Turning and kneeling in the puddle of oil, Kraguul drove his left staff blade through the stomach of a Breton evacuator. Looking to his rear and standing, he drove his right staff blade through the neck of an advancing Redguard. Ripping his blade from the insolent mortal's neck, he turned on his heel and walked down the length of the gate wall. At the other end of the wall, from one of the towers, came a rush of Redguard Rangers and Breton Knights alike, threatening to overrun the General. But from behind him ran forth his worth Daedric Warrios, ramming or spearing most of the men to the ground.

With more than half of their original strength and numbers distracted or dismembered, the general held his staff with one hand in an over grip and the other under grip, he ran and jumped off the back of one of his strong servants. Flying over the small fray, Kraguul landed with his spear impaling one of the men to the stone ground. Walking toward the other gathered soldiers and ragged fighters Kraguul falled into a roll, unsheathing his two Black Metal Orcish War Axes. Standing from the roll, he brought his right axe down into the chest of another man and pushed him back and off the stone railing of the wall. He turned ninety degrees to have his axe clash with a sword, giving off a mini burst of sparks. Dropping to one knee swiftly, he drove his axe through the man's kneecap and stood, dragging his left axe up the man's chest. Facing his rear again, he threw his axe at the forehead of another mortal, then he turned back to the fray at hand. A guard ran up with a spear and stabbed forth at the General's chest, who in turn sidestepped to the right as the tip of the spear grazed his clothed shoulder.

Reaching his left hand up and grabbing the shaft of the spear, he jerked it to the left and kicked the man in his crotch, causing him to double over in paralyzing pain. Flipping the spear around in his hand, he ran the sharp point through the man's stomach and broke off the shaft. Continuing his run, He threw the broken shaft at one mortal's face and his axe into the lower chest of another. Turning back to the man who was still doubling over, he reached to his belt and took the sword from the man's sheath and charged at the remaining forces.

Shhink! Kraguul pulled his axe from the back of the head of a dead Breton, who still clutched his sword close. Cries of pain and death rang throughout the makeshift city, fires burned, and lifeless bodies fell. The siege was well in their favor and grasp. "Soon enough, the crows will be feasting on their skulls." Kraguul said to himself, taking shots at struggling guards or near-death citizens. Then he heard it. The first crash of stone and fire. Then another. And another. Looking behind him and toward the line of mountains, he saw a rather large force of...violet warriors? He would have laughed, were it not for one of the stone chunks nearly knocking him off balance. Sheathing his bow, he worked his way past the fires around him and to the *Tripult facing the western forces advancing.

He ordered two of his nearby Daedra to load it up while he took longshots at the approaching army. Some of his arrows never reached the frontlines, others hit smack dab in the chest of some riders, knocking them off their horses. He also spotted and took note of a Nord riding ahead of the others, a large hammer balanced on his shoulder. Once the Tripult was loaded, he pushed the servants out of the way and grabbed the left lever, pulling it back with a loud click!. A large flaming ball was sent through the sky and crashed into the sand, sending waves of stingingly hot sand at the armored riders. Pulling the middle lever, the main bucket and arm slung upwards, sending another flaming ball of stone towards the Nord, who pulled the reigns to the right and out of the way, the ball crashing into the men behind him. As Kraguul reached for the right and final lever, a shadow got his attention and he looked up to see a ball of fire flying towards him! In a rush and without thinking, he pushed his servants aside and sprinted towards the nearest gate tower.

CCCRRRRCCCCCCKKKKSSSSS!!!
    The force of the explosion was enough to send him flying through the burning tower's door and down the stairwell. Smoke almost instantly shrouded him and threatened to suffocate him. He needed a way out. looking around he saw that going down the stairs was no option, as there was a fire building and blocking his escape. Desperately looking and searching he slowly turned and noticed a thin window on the wall. Almost immediately, he beagn ramming his shoulder into the glass, cracking it a little. He rammed it again. Again. Everytime he rammed the glass, he weakened the ceiling. He had to hurry. Quickly, he rammed several times and finally broke through, just as the ceiling started to collapse. He squeezed through the rather thin window, the shards of glass on the frame cutting his stomach and chest sharply. He groaned to himself in pain as he wiggled out of the window just as the entire ceiling fell in with a fiery explosion.

Falling down and into the bushes by the wall, Kraguul rolled into the main street of the city. Looking up and still recovering from the fall, he quickly pushed and rolled out of the way and behind a nearby cart. He had narrowly missed being trampled by the first of the riders into the city. Gaining his wits and pulling his staff from it's sheathe, he blindly stabbed at the next horse that ran by, causing it to fly forward and onto the ground. The rider stood and franticly dodged and got out of the way of the stampede. Once on the other side, the rider looked back and spotted Kraguul. It was the Nord.

*A Tripult is exactly like a Catapult but with two more arms and the levers on the front, not the side.

TheCaptain

The Mad Conductor of Words
    on top of Whiterun's stone gate I watched as the retreated cultist and demon hordes started charging again I turn to the other archers "ARCHERS! Ready!, ARTILLERY! Ready!" I shouted as the men pulled out their bows and arrows and the Catapults were moved into place "AIM!!" they draw the arrows as far back as they can I could see that they were sweating arrows, the men manning the catapults pulled them back and loaded the boulders "be not afraid men this is their final charge yes they may well reach the gate but we will press them back and I shall be leading charge against them" I said with confidence "FIRE!!"back a I yelled as a huge volley of arrows and boulders flew across the sky and dealt a big blow to the charging horde "well done men and now to join the Frontlines, good day men I hope that I will see you all later today and still kicking and fire at will" I said walking off before getting on a horse and riding out to the Frontlines.

as I reach the ground troops the horde started throwing their magic at us lucky we had a few magic users as well as they used giant wards to deflected the enemy's, a Companion I've seen around Jorrvaskr walks up to me with about 15 other Companions "hail Companion, The Harbinger said to gather a group of us and to assist you" he said very prideful "hail Companion, Unleash The Fury Ysgramor and The First 500 showed in The Return and the men will be glad to have even a few Companions with them" I replied back turning round to see the troops started to line up "you may rely on that sir" I look back to him "then Join the forces driving into the Demon and Cultist hosts and stop any more enemies coming out that portal" I said instructing the orders he'll then give to the 15 men present, "none shall find us wanting" He said as he walked off but before he left my sight I replied back "Honor and Glory Companion"
    the horde approaches as I step infront of the troops "We Must Hold This Line Men!, Hold This Line!!" I yelled as the Horde crashed through the wards "Mages! switch destruction magic, Troops draw your swords!" I shouted as they did just that and I pull out mine Black Mark't as the Horde got closer "HOLD!! For Honor and Glory, CHARGE!!!" running forward with the troops I kill my first and second quickly, my third took some effect knocking his sword down I shoulder bump him before running my sword through his chest before proceeding to cut and slash my way through the enemy lines.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    Marius, during the last stage of the sigil battle, stopped to eat soup.

For all of his strength, achievements, and ability, today Marius was beginning to remember just how human he really was. Breakable, limited, and simple, compared to other beings of Nirn and Oblivion. Even Baroth, who he had known for so long, was now revealed to be more than human. The thought stuck itself into the back of his head, nestled up close with his promise to Simus, that he would slay Baroth's beast if it got out of hand. Perhaps it was just better to rest. This seemed to be a logical choice, a voice in the back of his head told him. 'Surrender, give up, Marius Dustman. You lost, you will lose. This is bigger than you. Accept your death' The voice screamed its foulness in his head, the steady taunting growing, overwhelming his thoughts...

Through blurring vision, Marius saw a bowl of soup was put in front of him, and Marius absentmindedly picked it up, bringing the wooden bowl to his lips, in absence of a spoon. Old habits told him to check it for poison. 'Baroth can't be trusted, why can the Redguard? This person that tricked you with childhood memories, giving you soup with childhood spices. It is a ruse, Marius Dustman. You can't trust anyone.' it screeched at him. Still, it didn't seem poisonous, so the slayer ate. 'Now, Marius Dustman, you will die, fool! You were wrong! Stop eating, and escape. Kill everyone, including the beast.' It hissed.

It hissed. It. Not he. Marius understood now; voices were tampering with his mind, capitalizing his fears and anxieties. This was the voice of the Deadlands. Realizing this, he slayer began a chant, under his breathe, to guard his mind: the creed of his order. 'I am a weapon, but I am also a man...' Marius drank more of the soup, and the voice got quieter, it's warnings more frantic. 'I hold the aegis of the Dustman Clan of old...' His vision began to clear... 'Evil shall not tempt me, and though I fight monsters, I shall not become one...' the voice whispered its dying breathes '...and as I gaze into the darkness, the darkness gazes back at me...' The voice silenced. '...I am the slayer of monsters.'

The fog in his vision lifted, and he heard Baroth, from his right. "Take it, I'm not hungry." Baroth looked strained, and tired, and altogether pretty...human. Marius just stared at him for a while, wanting to say so much, but knowing now was not the time to say things. So he smiled, tiredly, and gave a small thanks in the form of raising the new bowl. His rib cried out under his armor with the action, reminding him of his situation, and when he recoiled, a spasm lit up in his back. He grunted. Human indeed.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    Marius, in the final battle for the Sigil Stone.

".....slayer! I will deal with you soon enough. I admit, you caught me off guard, but never again. Kill them. Leave the slayer alive for me."

Eliphas. Marius glared at the monstrous Nord. 'So much for taking him by surprise. This makes things a little harder. Still as cocky as ever, presuming I'll be so courteous. "Round two, motherf-" Marius began to snarl out at the monster. He was interrupted, when suddenly the room exploded with daedra of every shape and size. "Giant's stones, we're surrounded. Eliphas you cowardly bastard!" Marius shouted to no one in particular. He raised his greatsword. How ironic, that in the face of impossible numbers, Eliphas actually wanted Marius alive, if just barely?
    . . .​
    The pain of his countless injuries were bearable, his blade flew swiftly, and yet, Marius was slipping. Like loose scales in a dragon's hide, there were openings in his defense. There we just...too many. He'd lost count of how many he'd killed in the small room, and had more than once had to scramble around the corpses of previous combatants.
    They had come from all sides. He ducked one blow, to catch the sword of another in an overhead block, quickly parrying the sword and slicing an enemy's stomach open. The circle grew closer, and he quickly changed direction, slashing another's throat open. Black blood sprayed against the slayer's face, momentarily blinding him, distorting his already hazy vision. He cleared his eyes just in time to see a much larger red brute slam a massive hammer from the side, and Marius rolled under the great weapon, hamstringing the brute in the process. The essential move, however, only managed to bring him to an even more surrounded position, blood-spattered and angry scowls of warriors looking down on him. He slammed a hand down on the ground, green light flooding from the tips of his fingers, and produced a tremor around him, knocking the warrior's feet from beneath them. He gave them no time to collect themselves, and immediately severed the arm of one, kicking him backward, and catching another's blade at his hilt. He shifted his stance, and thrusted forward, and stabbed the dremora in the face. Seeing another soldier approaching from behind he dropped down, and swept his leg, tripping him. He brutally bashed the fallen soldier in the face. He rose, and was making an uppercut when his hastily relocated shoulder screamed out, and his mark was missed. The soldier parried his blow, smashing his shield across Marius' face. The slayer fell once more. Like a novice. Red pain blurred his vision as his head cracked on the stone floor, and stunned, he rolled backwards, to a kneeling position. More soldiers came at him; always more, chanting and roaring in their fowl and evil cackling language, never quite landing killing blows, but just enough to injure. Just enough to keep him alive, barely, so their master could enact his revenge. Marius' defense began to shatter further, and each swing of his greatsword opened as many point of injury as they did slay warriors. Then a hammer came from behind him, and he was picked off his feet, flying forward and into the ground in a heap.
    Then he heard soldiers voices around him, mocking. Then the beat down started, spiked boots puncturing his armor with every savage kick. He coughed up blood, felt bones fracture, felt more warm blood begin to pool. Marius slipped in and out of consciousness. When finally they stopped, Marius knew he was on the edge of life. He felt the countless wounds, the ruptures in his practically destroyed armor. Then another blurred and red-tinged image appeared, fighting off the swarms that still surrounded him. The man picked him up, mostly carrying him as Marius stumbled forward. The man called out to someone, but his voice was muted, and distorted, but Marius recognized it; 'Baroth; of course.' Marius thought in his haze. Then he heard a crunch, and Baroth flew off in another direction, most likely not by choice. Marius tumbled to the ground once more.
    Marius gained consciousness again, when he felt the cool touch of healing magic, and saw the cool blue light characteristic of the sorceress, Qiana. He rubbed his eyes, adrenaline pumping sharpening his vision, keeping him awake, and scanned the area, still mostly unable to move. He saw Baroth, Marek and Simus charging together towards Eliphas. Visions of their duel passed through his mind, how even gravity-alteration magic was a simple thing for the brute. 'They don't know how powerful he is.' Marius thought. He turned his head slightly, looking up at Qiana, who had started on some of the larger wounds. He swept her hand aside, forming words in his split lip. "Qiana...I..ne-need to be up...and..just...stop the bleeding...get me mobile." Marius moved a shaky hand into the satchel, which was somehow still attached to his armor, and took out a small vial of yellow liquid. He had a distraction now. And he had a plan. He turned once more to the sorceress "Get..me..my sword." He set his brow as best as he could. "I have some...slay-ing...to-to.. do..."