OOC Do you want to build a roleplaaaaay!?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Sorry everyone, I just got off of work, I somehow managed to split second a third shift yay me, anyway my character card is post #1131 in the character tingy

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I'm going to have school most of today. I'm going to be refining my CC and working on a post when I can, but I probably won't get any meaningful progress done until later into the evening, depending on how much homework I get.

Sorry everyone, I just got off of work, I somehow managed to split second a third shift yay me, anyway my character card is post #1131 in the character tingy
    Could you post or link it here for convenience? This also isn't really space pirates. We're not travelling to a new world, at least not yet :p

Staff member
    This is the best I can do
    Character Profiles
    Bottom of the page
    Thankyou :D

Your character card could use some more detail, but you can refer to my or Farth's CC when we post them. I would appreciate either a link to some of your other writing, if you have any, or a brief sample, to gauge where you are as a writer, if you don't mind :)

Staff member
    So I can spend a LONG time spitting out ideas and concepts about this. I have literally been developing this since I was probably 8, which means I've been thinking about it almost nonstop for 8 years now.
    Just noticed. I meant 10 years here xD That's why I refer writing to math

Staff member
    General Information

Name:
    Tracker Jack

Race:
    Appears human

Apparent Age:
    Mid-late teens

Birth Place:
    An encampment in the larger coalition community that's set up

Birth Date:
    Equivalent of January 1

Sexuality:
    Heterosexual

Laterality:
    Right handed

Marital Status:
    Single

Class/Role:
    Apprentice/Student Soldier

Properties:
    None

Affiliations:
    His mother and father are very well known, highly regarded warriors. His adopted brother is an up and coming warrior of considerable ability, and currently has also gained quite a reputation.

Afflictions:
    Mentally unstable, hears voices in his head and is subject to delusions

Religion:
    None

Patron Deity:
    None

Aspirations:
    To hunt anything that offers a challenge, to escape the shadow of his family, to protect his sister, to conquer his psychosis, to best his adopted brother, to renew the relationship with his parents or escape them,

Fears:
    To be unable to do anything, due to injury or otherwise, losing his sister (either through death or losing her trust), his adopted brother, his parents, Shadoxen

Hunting, challenges, conflict, pranks, violence, competition, winning

Dislikes:
    Inactivity, his parents, his adopted brother, the voices in his head, his delusions, his own mind, himself, Shadoxen

Personality:
    He's almost impossible to offend, thinks he's friends with everyone, and can generally come off as charismatic. He's also extremely reckless, and doesn't often take much seriously. However, nice as he may seem, he has a tendency to size others up as if imagining how much fun they would be to hunt. He's got a psychopathic streak to him, and while he may seem sane most of the time, it can be reasonably assumed that he is not. He's an adrenaline junky, and so enjoys putting himself to the test in almost any form. He daily wrestles with his mental instabilities and struggles with the emotions he does feel. He can reasonably manage his voices and delusions a lot of the time, but sleep rarely comes easy to him, and when it does it's rarely pleasant. They are especially bad when he is tired or low on energy. He struggles to feel a great deal of empathy.

Appearance

Height:
    5'9"

Weight:
    Roughly 140Ibs.

Build:
    Athletic, fit. More lean than muscular

Eye Color:
    Black (like a shark's)

Hair Color:
    Black

Hair Length:
    Short-Medium

Hair Style:
    Kept with a knife, rough

Facial Hair:
    None

Scars:
    The few cuts and scrapes one would expect from a few minor hunting accidents and the like

Posture/Bearing:
    Extremely lazy and extremely confident if not arrogant

Casual Attire:
    Earthy colored shirt, pants, jacket, and boots. Made of mostly animal hides

Armor:
    No real dedicated set, whatever is issued or provided to him

Weapons:
    Longsword, Hunting knife, Throwing Knife, survivalist hatchet

Equipment:
    General hunting supplies

Skills/Attributes

He's pretty hardy for his size and youth, as well as decently skilled with his weapons of choice. However, his strengths mainly lie with hunting and stalking, and the skills which are involved in those fields. He has had far more experience with fighting and killing wild beasts than humanoids and such (through stalking and cunning). However he can hold his own in a fight; his dark creativity, shrewd intelligence, ruthlessness, and love of violence making him a deadly opponent. His mental instability also makes him highly unpredictable, and thus he should at the very least be respected in combat as one would a dangerous wild animal; unpredictable and willing to kill without hesitation. He has a very keen killer instinct. He is also familiar with creating, utilizing, and even detecting various poisons and venoms (although those more rudimentary in nature, he's no urban assassin). He has basic levels of skill in first aid, and is familiar with anti venoms and cures for the poisons and such that he is familiar with.

He is very keen, his senses extremely well honed due to being raised nearly from birth in conditions which made maximizing the usefulness of such functions paramount to survival.

History (Early, Early Teens, Late Teens, Adulthood)
    I would prefer to reveal this through more organic means throughout the course of the RP, but I will be adding information to it when I can. There is, however, a LOT of information I could write about Jack, so I would prefer not to have my time dominated here.

The gist is that he was born in a more tribal setting during a particular bloody and violent portion of the uprising against the gods. His parents, primarily used to a life of violence as warriors, came to eventually realize that their circumstances in which they themselves were raised seemed to be having a different effect on Jack, especially with continued exposure to the Angelics and bearing witness to more stable, healthier family settings to give them perspective. And so, drawn by the beauty of the Coalition and what it stood for, they retreated from the front in order to leave the main fighting to others, and tried to enjoy a bit of the hard earned reprieve.

They found that though they put their best effort into it, they were certainly not the best and most nurturing of parents,and Jack was a child which even the best of parents would have trouble with as his condition progressed. They eventually refused him his birthright of passing on their warrior heritage and encouraged a life revolving less around the violence of the front. When his sister was born, they were more experienced as parents, and Jack spending time with his sibling seemed to do him wonders. But though more experienced as parents and with a kind hearted sibling to set a further example, all they could do was slow the process. It wasn't long before they took in an orphaned boy, whom Jack would grow to resent as he took up the family warrior heritage. Not only that, but now bearing witness truly to what he missed, and feeling the perceived favoritism shown to the invader, resentment became hatred. And so, Jack was eventually deemed dangerous, as the progression of his delusions undermined their trust for Jack and left his young, naive sister as the only one to offer him any credence at all. Jack was kept on a short leash, and spending time with him was discouraged. It was not long before he was deemed not only a danger to himself but a threat to the family as a whole. With tensions reaching a breaking point and his sister fearing what the parents might do to Jack, but not trusting Jack to be on his own, she convinced him to flee.

Last edited:

Staff member
    Here's my fanfic:
    skyrimforum.com/sf/threads/adventures-in-nirn.78222
    I will wait for Farth to make the final decision, however if you're going to participate in a project as ambitious as this one, a certain degree of writing proficiency will be expected. If you made a post like that in this RP after we got it kicked off, I would absolutely tear it to pieces with the amount of spelling, grammar, and consistency errors I would feel compelled to correct. This project is my baby, after all.

Staff member
    However, I'm an extremely negative person, and this is meant for fun and enjoyment. I will not stand in the way of your enjoyment, especially not if Farth approves.

Staff member
    Farth, how do you feel about NPCs? I have quite a few pre-created characters from my solo writing attempts.

Staff member
    My intro is gonna take awhile. I'm about a quarter or a third of the way done with it. Hopefully I won't get anymore homework so I can just focus on it.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Farth, how do you feel about NPCs? I have quite a few pre-created characters from my solo writing attempts.

Love the idea. It could add serious depth to the story.

I am perfectly fine with it. Gid, it is your ultimate decision because it is your baby.

I am cool with it so long as his posts become a tad more refined. Simple things such as spaces between paragraphs, correct grammar and spelling, and creative characters with some crutches are things I consider important in any of my RP posts.

Staff member
    Here's my fanfic:
    skyrimforum.com/sf/threads/adventures-in-nirn.78222
    You're in then, dude :D Flesh out your CC some more, try to emulate the details and such I included in mine or Farth's when she posts hers. I will be expecting you to improve throughout the course of the RP, so as long as you are enjoying yourself and also putting effort into improvement I will be satisfied. I would also appreciate it if you would give me and Farth formal permission to proofread your posts. :)

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Name: Kerrondern (Kear [like bear with a K, roll the R a bit] - un - dearn [again, like bear])

Race: Demonic

Gender: Not applicable, but would be described as masculine

Age: 23 human years, but considered a child by his people

Birth place: Spawned from his roaming mother's skin

Birth date: July 19th (I still want to have a calendar IC, just cause it'd be cool)

Sexuality: None

Laterality: Right

Marital status: Single

Class/role: Melee combatant, slightly tanky. As close to a knight as can be.

Height: 3' 4"

Weight: 210

Build: Stocky, powerful

Properties: Oak-like skin, but tough as rock

Affiliations: Demonics, Kerrondern's mother

Afflictions: Deformed, claw-like right hand from a Demonic sickness known as Stonerot, is in constant pain from it

Religion: As unholy as they come

Patron deity: Ixdite, Kerrondern's personal God of Warfare

Aspirations: Learn to control the sickness taking over Kerr's body, and use it for his own gain

Fears: Fire, axes, wood chippers

Dislikes: Being called 'Stumpy' or 'cute'

Personality: Rash, unforgiving, clueless to the nuances of civilized society

Appearance:

Eye color: Lightning blue

Hair color: Oak brown

Hair length: Finger-length

Hair style: Short, gnarly

Facial hair: Lichen clings to his bottom lip, and waggles between his legs as he walks

Scars: Plenty of claw marks and beak drills mar his body, one deep crack runs down his side from where an ax bit into him, a large burn on his right side

Posture: Hunched, defensive

Attire: None

Armor: A rusty pauldron rests on his left shoulder

Weapons: Uses his Stonerotted arm for a multitude of purposes, when he deems it necessary, carries a stone axe
    for everyday use

Equipment: Stone ax, line of hempen rope (wrapped about his torso), and a smooth, pearly white rock rests in a crevice he dug into himself

Skills: Kerrondern likes to get in close and whack his opponents with his stone ax, and uses the Stonerotted arm as a shield (this doesn't seem to quicken the spread of the Stonerot, so Kerrondern uses it extensively as a defensive tactic).

Backstory: Rash and unforgiving, Kerrondern has walked a lonely road since spawning from his mother as she roamed the deserts of Fiáin. His birth unnoticed, Kerrondern was left behind as she tirelessly trudged through the sands towards a gathering of Demonics, several hundred miles away. After following her trail to the edge of the dunes, he lost track of her at the edge of a small forest, and wandered aimlessly through it until Kerrondern grew too hungry to continue searching. From that point on, Kerrondern lived off of the land, growing from a bean-like youngling to a thick, tree stump-like creature. For his first few years, Kerrondern spent his time living hand-to-mouth, digging in soil for grubs and eating them on the spot, or launching himself from tree branches to catch and devour birds and tree rats. It wasn't until Kerrondern's sixth winter that his sickness started to show. The tips of his fingers had blackened and hardened, turning his soft, woody fingertips to hard, stony claws. With this discovery, Kerrondern found it easier to dig and defend himself, and used this mutation extensively. However, he soon realized that the sickness caused him a ceaseless, dull pain where it showed. In addition, his constant use of the sickly parts had quickened the spread of it, and it wasn't until the Stonerot (as he found it to be named later on) had claimed his elbow that Kerrondern was forced to stop its extensive use. From then on, Kerrondern resolved to only use his arm when necessary, and worked to use his left arm more. This severely cut his ability to find good food, and caused his already slow growth to fall back to a virtual crawl. However, Kerrondern came across a hunter's campsite, and quickly found an ax, stone headed with a wood shaft, bound with leather. In doing so, though, Kerrondern accidentally acquainted himself with the hunter, who flew into a fear-driven frenzy. Kerrondern, frightened by the sudden appearance of the human, wasn't able to react fast enough to avoid the ax that was driven into him. Thrown into the campfire, Kerrondern could only scream in agony as the flames licked over him, and the ax was viciously yanked from his body. Days later, after scrambling away from the hunter, Kerrondern collapsed from exhaustion and was awoken by a young girl, who calmed him and nursed him back to health.

This reprieve was short lived, though, as the hunter had tracked Kerrondern, looking to bring home a prize. Upon seeing the young girl with Kerrondern, the hunter believed she was bewitched, and attempted to kill Kerrondern. The girl saw him coming, and threw herself in the way, and was slain on the spot. Kerrondern, watching his first friend die in front of him, flew into a red-eyed rage, and attacked the hunter before running away from the corpse of his friend. The hunter's body had been eviscerated so badly, parts of him decorated the treetops, several hundred feet in the air, but his head was kept entirely intact, save for his missing eyes. From then on, Kerrondern swore to slay any man he came across, and aid any girl he found. This didn't go according to plan, as Kerrondern soon became the Scourge of Fathers, leaving many of the girls, whom he believed he was helping, orphaned and afraid. It wasn't until one such girl did what no other had, and attacked him. Kerrondern, though unable to understand the words she screamed as she beat him, understood the intent behind them, and after killing the girl, ceased his hunting of men. After 21 human years, Kerrondern found himself exploring a town of mixed races, filled with humans, elves, dwarves, and even a handful of his own ilk, the Demonics.

Last edited:

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    "An Argonian leaped through the doorway, brandishing a steel sword in his right hand and a fireball raging in his left. His eyes were bloodshot, and he stumbled after landing, nearly falling over.

"Oooorvar!" he cried. "Orvar Swift-Soooole! I know you are here!"

The Argonian spun about, searching for the diminutive Nord, and continued to stumble.

The Argonian caught sight of Orvar, and lurched towards him, "I have come for you! You ruin me! Now I ruin you!"Attempting to take off the Nord's head, the Argonian swung at him, but lost his balance and tumbled to the floor, burying the sword into the floorboards, and sprawling himself out on the ground."

Plain Gate, page 3.. or 4.