Quest Arniel's Endeavor - Dwemer Convector Glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WaterTipper

I received the "Arniel's Endeavor" questline at the College of Winterhold, so I decided to do it.
I've got the cogs, the warped soul gem, and now Arniel wants me to put the gem in Dwemer Convectors around Skyrim.

I successfully heated the soul gem in the first Convector, but after that, the quest stage jumps to "Place the warped soul gem into a final Convector", and from then on I'm unable to progress the quest in any way.

I've tried all the convectors around Skyrim, dual-casting the spell, and I've tried reloading older saves and starting the quest over.

Any help? D: I really want this quest out of my journal.

I'm playing on Xbox 360. I am using Arniel's Convection spell, and I have the Destruction Dual Casting perk and the Augmented Frost perk if that matters.

Aniratak

You have to finish the "Eye of Magnus" quest before that part of the quest can be activatet. Have you done that quest? It is a part of the main quest in College of winterhold.

Aniratak

I read now that you also will have to do the "Hitting the books" quest. It's the one you can get from the orc librarian at the college of winterhold. He needs help finding three missing books I think.

Amazing MK

I had the same problem to fix it I reloaded and accepted the quest again, then I went to Muzlft storehouse and saved my game, I used flames on the box with the warped soul gem in it until I had no mana and waited for 1 hour, then I used Arniels convection and the bug fixed it self. This was on my 3rd reload

Last edited: