• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adolf Stormcloak

My title's better than your title
Are you not familiar with Hitler's economic policy?

He believed in achieving full employment and in promoting the honorable position of work in the life of the people. His government did a great deal to assist in the elevation of the economic status of the common man, including a lofty commitment to public works, such as building roads and public schools. His economic policy was not unlike that of FDR. A massive amount of public spending -- and not all on armaments -- helped propel German out of the Great Depression.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing but hate for the man. But let's get our facts straight. Hitler's policies were designed to help the common people of Germany.

Ulfric is accused of doing the exact opposite. He lives in a medieval, quasi-Feudal society, in which inherited privilege is taken as a matter of right.

What do you mean? I never said they had similiar policies! Of course Skyrim isn't in any economic decline!

Moris

What do you mean? I never said they had similiar policies! Of course Skyrim isn't in any economic decline!

Ulfric claims that the Empire's taxes have impoverished Skyrim. He has beggars roaming the streets of his capital, beggars who are Nords, one of whom is even a former Stormcloak soldier.

That his government might be responsible for the economic fate of these people is a thought utterly alien to Ulfric.

But this idea was a keystone of Hitler's policies.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
Ulfric claims that the Empire's taxes have impoverished Skyrim. He has beggars roaming the streets of his capital, beggars who are Nords, one of whom is even a former Stormcloak soldier.

That his government might be responsible for the economic fate of these people is a thought utterly alien to Ulfric.

Hitler also borrowed vast amounts of money from countries he later invaded.

Moris

Hitler also borrowed vast amounts of money from countries he later invaded.

Oh, I'm not arguing about where he got it from. He was not by any means an honorable person. Not remotely.

Adolf Stormcloak

Well Ulfric is his holds own government, he's sorta kinda at war with the Empire. Why this seems utterly alien to him, I simply do not know know! He obviously doesn't deem those beggars Nord enough though! All the Jarls sided with the Empire seem to be doing quite fine too! They must be doing something Ulfric isn't! Perhaps it's the lack of segregation! Or the willing to help Non-Nord villages/Khajiit caravans in their hold! Maybe they just have more appealing cities!

Anwrise888

Moris

Well Ulfric is his holds own government, he's sorta kinda at war with the Empire. Why this seems utterly alien to him, I simply do not know know! He obviously doesn't deem those beggars Nord enough though! All the Jarls sided with the Empire seem to be doing quite fine too! They must be doing something Ulfric isn't! Perhaps it's the lack of segregation! Or the willing to help Non-Nord villages/Khajiit caravans in their hold! Maybe they just have more appealing cities!

They also accepted gold from the Dominion as reward for accepting the WGC. But this argument has been soooo done before, and is totally not in the spirit of this truly wicked thread!

Anwrise888

Dovakiin98

You also forgot to mention the name "Stormcloaks" as being very evocative of the Nazi Stormtroopers, the Sturmtruppen, "brown shirts", members of the Sturmabteilung.

Of course, this whole obsession with "storms" evident in Nord culture evokes the Nazis.

What, with Talos meaning Stormcrown and what not...

Me, of course, I think the storm/sturm imagery is just a Teutonic thing. But let's not let that stop us. :)
I think no matter what our opinion is on Hitler and Ulfric,we can all agree the people who thought of these names need to be shot.:)

Moris

I think no matter what our opinion is on Hitler and Ulfric,we can all agree the people who thought of these names need to be shot.:)

Um... wha?

(once again, I feel the need for a "confused" button)

Adolf Stormcloak

I agree, let's just start shooting people because the name of their child has become infamous! Dovakiin for new cult leader!

Anwrise888

Moris

Gold is gold, who doesn't love gold!

That's the spirit!

And who doesn't love long, wavy golden locks of hair, spilling from the head of a tall muscular strong jawed Norseman?