Skyrim Forum

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Mini Mongo
Mini Mongo
What's that mean?
Morganatic
Morganatic
It's the coda/repeated phrase at the end of most (all) of the 36 Lessons of Vivec, found in Morrowind.

ALMSIVI is ALM(alexia), (Sotha) SI(l), VI(vec), the Triune deities of Morrowind and leaders of the Dunmer.
Morganatic
Morganatic
Now quite what it means is another matter - in some cases, Vivec seems to be revealing amazing and wondrous truths about godhood in the Elder Scrolls universe, maybe even the secrets of his own ascension. In that sense, the phrase is like a koan/mantra, for wise Men and Mer to meditate on and become enlightened.
Morganatic
Morganatic
On the other hand, Vivec is also a huge self-aggrandising, self-important know-it-all who'll stop at nothing to make himself seem like the greatest person there ever was - maybe he's just emphasising the importance and finality of ALMSIVI to reinforce his own position and importance? Either way, it's an interesting point of TES lore.
Mini Mongo
Mini Mongo
I see..............I read that and understand it, but try to properly understand it and get confused. But yes, very interesting.
Morganatic
Morganatic
Vivec is incredibly, deliberately, confusing - I can't figure out what he's on about half the time - so you're not alone there!
Mini Mongo
Mini Mongo
Good, I don't like to be confused on my own :D By the way your a very good writer, is this your first time Roleplay or writing like this?
Morganatic
Morganatic
Thank you! I'm probably too purple prose-y to be honest. I'm very new to this sort of online RPing, but I do run a real life nWoD RP group, which is fun. How about you - how did you come to all this?
Mini Mongo
Mini Mongo
I was playing Skyrim and mucking around, when I start to shot Shadowmere and killed him with my bow in 3 shots. I posted a thread asking what everyone thought it was, the options being a Glitch, I'm a Daedric God, or I should lay of the Moonsugar.